April 24, 2024, 10:57:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 724956 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: October 11, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »

Then they better go back to the beginning.

And start with this piece of work right here,JMO, the last known person to see Brittanee:

Peter Broswick - person of interrest/boyfriend (We now know that he was not B's boyfriend)

http://www.myspace.com/peteybroz

You remember, the one who hired the high profile attny within hours of returning to Rochester!

In my option this POS did something and knows exactly what happened.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #581 on: October 11, 2009, 08:19:16 PM »

I totally agree 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »

I totally agree 

Me too (two) 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: October 11, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

Then they better go back to the beginning.

And start with this piece of work right here,JMO, the last known person to see Brittanee:

Peter Broswick - person of interrest/boyfriend (We now know that he was not B's boyfriend)

http://www.myspace.com/peteybroz

You remember, the one who hired the high profile attny within hours of returning to Rochester!

not sure if he is guilty of anything, but he looks like a gangsta wannabe...He was also very cocky on a talk show that I saw him on shortly after Brittanee went missing...

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2009, 02:54:44 AM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=361933

Crews search Myrtle Beach for Brittanee Drexel

By Graeme Moore
Monday, October 12, 2009 at 2:24 p.m.

Myrtle Beach Police detectives, FBI agents and searchers with the CUE Center for Missing Persons combed several wooded areas within the City of Myrtle Beach Monday for missing spring breaker, Brittanee Drexel.

For close to five hours Monday, the searchers scoured a two-block, wooded lot between Yaupon Drive and Kings Highway from 17th Avenue South to 19th Avenue South; a piece of property on 18th Avenue South near an abandoned cinema and backing up to the AVX Corporation; and a large area on the old Myrtle Beach Airforce Base.

"We're just re-searching target locations in the area where she was last seen, and of course utilitizing search dogs with the CUE Center and getting assistance from the FBI," said Lt. Chuck Capp with the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

By 2:00 p.m. Monday, crews completed the search, but did not discover any signs of Brittanee, Monica Caison with the CUE Center said.

Drexel, then 17 years old and from Rochester, NY, was last seen on Ocean Boulevard around 8:15 p.m. April 25. She turned 18 this past Wednesday. She and some of her friends were staying at the Bar Harbor Hotel for Spring Break, but Drexel was caught on surveillance video leaving the Blue Water Resort a few minutes before vanishing. Detectives have said Drexel was visiting friends at the Blue Water Resort and was heading back to the Bar Harbor.

In the first couple of days detectives established that Drexel's cell phone traveled to Georgtown County the night she vanished. The cell phone pinged along a path from Myrtle Beach to an area near the North Santee Community before dying that night.

Extensive searches in the first few weeks in Georgetown County turned up nothing, but another one is planned for this weekend, October 16, 17 and 18.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1118945.html

Friday, Oct. 16, 2009
Weekend searches set for missing N.Y. teen
Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

Searchers on horseback, all-terrain vehicles and with dogs will scour a large area this weekend for a New York teen who disappeared in April while visiting Myrtle Beach, officials said Thursday.

Brittanee Drexel was last seen April 25 leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard. Six months later, investigators remain puzzled about her whereabouts.

Searchers will scour several areas in Georgetown and Charleston counties on Saturday and Sunday, said Monica Caison, director of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C. Officials are already in the area finalizing their maps and plans for the weekend searches, she said
"We're going to turn overevery leaf," Caison said. "We've been continually searching, it's just [that] no one knew. It was smaller-scale searches."

Myrtle Beach police Lt. Chuck Capp said officials agreed in April to return to the Georgetown and Charleston counties when cooler weather arrived to continue their efforts to search for clues in Drexel's disappearance. Officers also continue to search the Myrtle Beach area and investigate any tips or leads they receive, he said.

Officials and volunteers spent 12 days earlier this year searching that area, which is where Drexel's cell phone last sent a signal to a tower. Officials decided to revisit some of the areas now because of cooler weather and less brush overgrowth.

"It's hard when it's very, very hot to get full search days out of the animals. People can go a bit longer, but dogs will get worn out quicker," Caison said Thursday. "On days like today they can work twice the time."

Capp said there are "no new leads or developments" and that the upcoming search is part of an existing plan.

More than 75 teams with horses have registered to take part in the search in addition to about 50 law enforcement officers and as many as 12 cadaver dog teams, Caison said.

Drexel's 18th birthday was Oct. 7 and her family held a balloon launch in Rochester, N.Y., to mark that occasion as well as the six-month anniversary of her disappearance.

Searchers will be looking to find any clues - specifically Drexel's phone - that may lead them to her, Capp said.

"We're utilizing the best resources to get the job done," Capp said. "We don't want to leave any stone unturned. It's certainly important for the family to know we are not treating this as a cold case. This is not on the back burner, we are still working it."

Officials also want residents to contact them if they know something about Drexel's disappearance.

"This is a missing child. It angers me that people will hold back information because nobody wants to get involved. In every community there is somebody who holds the key or information about a missing child," Caison said. "They can remain anonymous. They can leave a note somewhere. They make a phone call. They can go to the Web site. There's a way to get information to us or to the investigators and remain anonymous. There's someone out there who can give us information and bring this child home.''

Capp said he is sure someone in the community has information abut Drexel and her disappearance.

"You never know that one person who may have seen something. ... and they may finally say enough is enough and come forward,'' Capp said. "There's no doubt that people know what happened
."
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #586 on: October 16, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s1195015.shtml?cat=565

Posted at: 10/16/2009 11:21 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 10/16/2009 5:02 PM
By: Berkeley Brean

New search for Brittanee Drexel, father says "right now I want to cry"

We just spoke with Brittanee Drexel's father in S.C. On the eve of another search, Chad Drexel tells us "right now I want to cry."

We spoke to him by phone as he drove to Georgetown County, S.C., the place where Brittanee's cell phone made its last signal.

Drexel says, "I'm actually on the road. Police believe at least her phone traveled down this route, so it is very surreal. It's an emptiness that I don't think anyone up there would ever be able to know."

Berkeley Brean: "I can't imagine a parent having to do that."
Chad Drexel: "I want to do that. I want to do everything I can for my little girl. I want to do something to give closure my family, to my friends and to my two little ones."
Brean: "Do you think you'll get that?"
Drexel: "I don't know."

We asked Drexel what he's going to feel as he helps in the search tomorrow.

"My emotions are everywhere. I don't have one emotion. Right now I want to cry, I want to hurt someone. I don't know what I feel. The amount of pain going through my body... I leave it up to God at this point. I just keep praying," he said.

We asked Drexel what people back in Rochester can do.

"Pray and keep us in your prayers tonight so that tomorrow we get something, we get something. Just give us something. This vanishing act. I just don't believe God put me on this earth for this. I just don't," he said.

According to the CUE Center For Missing Persons, the center, the family of Brittanee Drexel and police in South Carolina are gearing up for a renewed search effort for the 18-year-old. Drexel vanished April 25th from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

This time the search will include cadaver dogs, a mounted horse patrol, ATVs and people searching on foot. The search will focus on the areas in Georgetown County near the North Santee Community in S.C. This is the area where Myrtle Beach Police think Drexel's cell phone ended up the night she went missing. It has not been recovered.

Drexel was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach around 8:15 p.m. when surveillance video caught her walking out. Police say she was heading back to the Bar Harbour Hotel to meet up with friends.

Drexel was 17 years old when she went missing. She turned 18 on October 7th

According to the CUE Center, police are not giving up the search. Myrtle Beach Police Cpl. Vincent Dorio told the center the case is being investigated daily and that leads come in weekly.

"We're still actively going over every lead, reevaluating everything we've done to date to see if we've possibly missed something. It's still an active investigation," Cpl. Dorio told the CUE Center.

Myrtle Beach P.D. say finding Drexel's cell phone is a top goal. They still believe Drexel was abducted. "She's been missing this long. I was hoping to have discovered she was a runaway, but it doesn't look like that," Dorio said Wednesday afternoon.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: October 16, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

I'm glad they're still searching for Brittanee.  Praying for answers... an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »

I'm glad they're still searching for Brittanee.  Praying for answers... an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2009, 05:13:08 AM »

http://rochester.ynn.com/all-news-news-2134-content/top_stories/485263/search-for-drexel-to-focus-on-cell-phone-tower
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »

Thanks CarolynV - I hope this weekend's search will bring some answers.

Prayers for Brittanee.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568082,00.html?test=latestnews

Searchers to Comb South Carolina for Missing New York Teen This Weekend

Saturday , October 17, 2009

FC1
ADVERTISEMENT

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. —
Searchers are planning to comb parts of two South Carolina counties this weekend for a New York teen missing for six months.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that people on horseback and all-terrain vehicles are also using dogs to search parts of Georgetown and Charleston counties Saturday and Sunday for signs of Brittanee Drexel.

Click here for photos.

Drexel was reported missing April 26. She was last seen leaving a group of friends who had traveled with her from Rochester, N.Y., to visit people at another hotel in Myrtle Beach.

This weekend's search is not the first for clues in Drexel's disappearance. Officials and volunteers spent more than a week earlier this year searching the area where the teen's cell phone last sent a signal but did not find her.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:56 AM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/No-New-Clues-Found-in-Search-for-Brittanee-Drexel/iySjgAJ2V0C1jlJcnBz4Sg.cspx?rss=102

No New Clues Found in Search for Brittanee Drexel

Last Update: 10/18 10:36 pm

South Carolina - Search crews were back on the ground Sunday, looking for clues that could help locate missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel.

Drexel was last seen leaving a hotel in Myrtle Beach while on spring break in April. 

At least 100 searchers, including police officers and volunteers, used cadaver dogs and ATVs to search a two county area this weekend.  They searched in the area where Drexel's cell phone last gave off a signal.

Crews didn't find any new clues in the search this weekend.  The search was led by the CUE Center for Missing Persons.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/oct/22/teens-mom-to-make-tv-plea/

Teen's mom to make TV plea
By Prentiss Findlay
The Post and Courier
Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last weekend, searchers scoured woods near McClellanville looking for clues to the disappearance of Rochester, N.Y., teen Brittanee Marie Drexel. Today, her mother, Dawn Drexel, makes an appeal on national TV for information about her daughter."Please give us back my daughter... we need her home...it's turned our world upside down and we miss her every day," Dawn Drexel said in a press release from the "Maury" show. The show, which was taped Oct. 15, will be shown locally at noon today on WTAT-TV, said Ragini Bhalla, a publicist for the program.

"Maury," hosted by Maury Povich, hired a psychic who went to Myrtle Beach with Dawn Drexel to retrace her missing daughter's last known steps, Bhalla said.

Officials said earlier this week that there was no new information that prompted them to revisit an area they searched near Healing Farm Ministries last May. Last weekend's search was a continuation of the earlier effort, they said.

Searchers were hoping to find Brittanee's cell phone, clothing or anything else that would be helpful in solving the case, police said. A cell phone tower near Healing Farm Ministries gave off the last signal from her phone, investigators have said.

To offer tips
Anyone with information that could lead authorities to Brittanee Marie Drexel's whereabouts can contact The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST, or call the Myrtle Beach Police Department tip line at 918-1963.
Drexel, 17, last was seen in Myrtle Beach in April wearing a white, black, teal and gray top, black shorts and white flip-flops. She is 4 feet, 11 inches tall, weighs 103 pounds and has blue eyes and blond hair with highlights. Her ears and nose are pierced.

Reach Prentiss Findlay at 937-5711 or pfindlay@postandcourier.com.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #594 on: October 23, 2009, 03:19:33 AM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=366536

Drexel's mom on 'Maury,' psychic consulted
By Continuous News Desk
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 4:53 p.m.

The search for Brittanee Drexel made its way back into the national spotlight today, after her family appeared on Maury Povich's show. Brittanee is the spring breaker from New York who vanished in April from Myrtle Beach.

Host Maury Povich hired a psychic for the family to aid in the search for the missing teenager. The psychic and the girl's mother, Dawn Drexel, went to Myrtle Beach to retrace Brittanee's last known steps.

When the psychic returned, he talked about the Blue Water Resort hotel where she was last seen.

"I was getting my strongest hits when we were at the hotel. So I think she is still in that area," said Jeffrey Wands, Psychic.

Authorities did trace signals from her cell phone to Georgetown County after she disappeared.

If you have any new information on Drexel's disappearance, call Myrtle Beach police at (843) 918 - 1963
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2009, 04:08:09 AM »

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091025/NEWS01/910250336/1002/RSS01

Six months later, still no sign of Brittanee Drexel
Ernst Lamothe Jr. • Staff writer • October 25, 2009

Simply put, this might be one of the worst months of Chad Drexel's life.

He celebrated his missing daughter's 18th birthday on Oct. 7. A week later, he traveled to South Carolina to join a two-day search, hoping to find new clues about her whereabouts, but came back home to Rochester more dejected.

And today marks exactly six months since his daughter, Brittanee Drexel, was last seen.

"This is all very stomach-turning, draining, and I feel sick all the time," said Chad Drexel. "It's just a horrifying thought to search through the very thick woods, scared of what you might find. But I've got to keep doing whatever I can to find my little girl."
Brittanee, a Gates Chili High School student, went missing April 25 after taking a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach with several acquaintances.

Last weekend, the Myrtle Beach Police Department searched the Georgetown County area, about 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach, for the third time. That was where her cell phone last gave off a signal. Police had planned this search since May, aiming to take advantage of better conditions, including cooler temperatures and fewer insects. The search included 150 volunteers, 50 law enforcement officers, 12 cadaver dog teams and horses searching water and land. However, they found nothing.

"We at least eliminated some areas that were hard to search in May because it was so hot and that affected the volunteers and the dogs' ability to track a scent," said Vincent Dorio, a Myrtle Beach police detective. "We haven't ruled out looking anywhere again because we could have always missed something."
Dorio, who said the case is still considered active, expects another search to occur before the end of the year.

The Drexel family's anguish began in the spring when Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, found out that instead of her daughter staying at a Rochester's friend home during spring break, she had gone to Myrtle Beach.
On April 25, Brittanee had texted her boyfriend, John Grieco, and then left the Bluewater Resort on Ocean Boulevard to go for a walk on the beach.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: October 26, 2009, 11:39:09 AM »

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091025/NEWS01/910250336/1002/RSS01

**snipped**
On April 25, Brittanee had texted her boyfriend, John Grieco, and then left the Bluewater Resort on Ocean Boulevard to go for a walk on the beach.

I thought Brittanee was going back to her hotel room to give JO her shorts back.  Is this new info, something I missed or just bad journalism?

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: October 26, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/oct/22/teens-mom-to-make-tv-plea/

**snipped**
Searchers were hoping to find Brittanee's cell phone, clothing or anything else that would be helpful in solving the case, police said. A cell phone tower near Healing Farm Ministries gave off the last signal from her phone, investigators have said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder why they mention Healing Farm Ministries?  Google search indicates their office is located in Mt. Pleasant, SC but maybe they own a farm in the outskirts of the city?  If anyone can find any info it would be much appreciated.

FCC cell towers in Mount Pleasant, SC ~ http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Mount-Pleasant-South-Carolina.html

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »

Funny how that guy Peter sort of reminds me of Joran Van Der Sloot.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:29 PM »

This is their website.

http://healingfarm.org/index.php?&MMN_position=1:1

The contact info is Mt. Pleasant, but I believe the farm itself is near McClellanville where the last pings from Brittanee's cell phone were recorded.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.