March 29, 2024, 01:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722231 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: October 11, 2010, 06:25:30 AM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1785146.shtml?cat=566
A fundraiser to help support the search for Brittanee Drexel
Posted at: 10/10/2010 8:45 PM
After almost a year and a half the search for missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel still continues.

Today her family held a bottle/can drive and car wash at the Kmart on Paul Road, to raise money for the search efforts. Brittanee's mother Dawn Drexel says the money will go to the Cue Center for Missing Persons, A volunteer organization that leads searches for people like Brittanee.

Drexel says the money is used for things like helicopters, cameras, and feeding and lodging the search teams.

“The organization has been so great to us. You know I can't begin to tell you how much they've done. And also teaching me and advocating for Brittanee.” Said Drexel

Right now Drexel is in the process of finding out just how much money they were able to raise.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website at whec.com.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: November 10, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13409534

Investigators release new information in Drexel disappearance

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) -  Myrtle Beach Police investigators are releasing new information in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

Captain of Investigations, Joe Vella, says the number keeps growing.

"There's a couple more we're looking at now," Captain Vella explained. "One will lead to another to another to another, so we know that during the experiences of investigations, it's going to lead to you know, several more at some point, and they'll be people that will be questioned."

Captain Vella says they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

"One more [person of interest] could break the case," Captain Vella explained.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, they'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

A task force has now been formed across several law enforcement agencies to work to solve this case.

Anyone with information is asked to call 1-888-CRIME-SC.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

http://www.mpnnow.com/topstories/x4800361/Charges-dropped-in-Myrtle-Beach-abduction-attempt

Charges dropped in Myrtle Beach abduction attempt
By Courtesy WHEC.com
Messenger Post
Posted Nov 04, 2010 @ 03:42 PM

Myrtle Beach, S.C. — Prosecutors have dropped charges against a man who was charged in July with the attempted kidnapping of a woman in Myrtle Beach.

Myrtle Beach police said the incident happened near the hotel where Chili teen Brittanee Drexel disappeared while on spring break in April 2009.

Timothy Shaun Taylor, 37, of McClellanville, S.C., had been charged in connection with the attempted abduction of a 20-year-old Tennessee woman in July.

Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes said investigators have determined there was no link between the July abduction attempt and the disappearance of Drexel.

Police said last week that they are one good lead away from solving Drexel’s case. Investigators are still conducting interviews with persons of interest.

The department declined to comment further on the ongoing investigation.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:58 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1823307.shtml?cat=566

Dawn Drexel: Brittanee returns home in a dream
Posted at: 11/04/2010 1:13 PM | Updated at: 11/04/2010 8:07 PM
By: Berkeley Brean | WHEC.com

The mother of Brittanee Drexel said she did something she hasn't done since her daughter went missing a year and a half ago. She had a dream.

The dream: "I need to see a counselor"

The dream was that Brittanee came home.

Dawn Drexel says it happened a couple of weeks ago. She remembers dreaming that Brittanee was in their home surrounded by her old friend. Dawn Drexel remembers what Brittanee told her in the dream.

"'I need to see a counselor.'" Dawn recalls Brittanee telling her. "I was just like wow. It was just weird, how it all came about. She was like I need to talk to somebody."

Drexel says even Monica Caison, the woman searching full time for Brittanee down in South Carolina, dreams about her. "She don't really dream about anybody that she searches for but she has about Brittanee," Dawn said.

The same is true with Brittanee friends like Casey Capo.

"Have you ever had a dream about Brittanee?" I asked Capo.
"Yeah, definitely," she said.
"What happens?" I asked.
"That she comes home and everyone is reunited and it's a good dream," Capo said.

Charges dropped against possible suspect
The dreams come during a tough moment in the search for Brittanee Drexel. This week police in South Carolina dropped charges against Timothy Shaun Taylor, a suspect in a kidnapping case very close to where Brittanee Drexel went missing. Police say there is no link between the July kidnapping attempt and Drexel's disappearance.

"I was surprised to hear they dropped the charges on him," Drexel said. She did say police still consider Taylor a person of interest and have three other persons of interest. Police and Drexel believe there are several people who have something to do with Brittanee's disappearance.

"Once maybe one talks then the rest will fall," Drexel said.
"Or one flips," I said.
"Yeah."

Brittanee Drexel went missing in April 2009 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. There are hotel security camera picture of her leaving a hotel just moments before she was last seen.

The holidays
If nothing happens in the next couple of months, it will be the second Thanksgiving and Christmas her family spends without her.

"We have the holidays coming up, which weren't that great last year and probably won't be this year without her being with us," Drexel said. "It's been a year and a half since Brittanee went missing and we want answers. We want something to break in the case to where we know where our daughter is."

For more Rochester, N.Y. news, go to www.whec.com.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:18 AM »

I'm so happy that this case continues to move forward in a postive way.  I don't think for one minute that these officers on this case have not given it their all.  Thank you to everyone involved.  No doubt that there will be an arrest sooner than later!  Lovin thank you so much for keeping us up to date!  It's my home state and what little fam I have left is there also.  Thanks again.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #725 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:01 AM »

Human remains found......keep in mind there are many missing from Horry County. It could also be someone from outside the County..........

Body found in wooded area near Palmetto Pointe Blvd.
By SCNow Staff
Published: November 15, 2010

MYRTLE BEACH - A body has been found in a wooded area near Palmetto Pointe Blvd. in Myrtle Beach Monday evening.

Lt. Keith Strickland with the Horry County Police Department said the body was discovered around 7:30 this evening.

Crime scene investigators are on the scene as well as the Horry County Coroner.

Strickland said it appears that the body has been there for some time and its going to take a while to remove the body and process the scene.

Count on News13 and scnow.com to bring you more information as it becomes available.
http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/nov/15/body-found-wooded-area-near-palmetto-pointe-blvd-ar-1093963/

Map shows distance between where she was last known to be and where the remains were found (APX)  7 miles...we know the last cell phone ping was along highway 17
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Palmetto%20Pointe%20Blvd.%2C%20Myrtle%20Beach%20SC%20to%20Ocean%20Blvd.%2C%20%20Myrtle%20Beach%20SC%20

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/drexel_brittanee.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: November 16, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »

Also note, the cell phones last ping was way further down Rt 17 near Charelston County line.
http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/south-carolina.shtml

That does NOT mean she had the phone.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: November 16, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »

Thank you for providing us with articles and the possibility of finding Brittanee or clues to her disappearance, Nut.   She needs to be found, it's been too long.  I don't believe she left/ran away on her own.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: November 16, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »

No possible way she left/ran away... no way/no how.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

MB Police: body found is not Brittanee Drexel
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – A badly decomposed body has been found in a grassy field Monday night, and Horry County Police are searching for clues to determine who the person might be.

According to a police report, a teen and two friends were attempting to find sticks in order to build a fort along Palmetto Pointe Boulevard. The teen said as they were walking in the grassy area, they found what they thought was a dead body.

The teen said they told their friends, and the three of them ran away from the area to meet with the teen's mother, who then called police.

Officers followed the teen approximately 200 yards through the field and found what police say was a "small in stature", decomposing body laying face down in a low lying area.

Tamara Willard, Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner, said the body is so badly decomposed, they are unable to tell the gender of the victim at this time.

Officials with the Myrtle Beach Police Department tell WMBF News the body found is not that of missing teen Brittanee Drexel.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13510993/body-found-along-palmetto-pointe-blvd

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: November 23, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/22/1827583/search-for-missing-new-york-teen.html

Monday, Nov. 22, 2010
Search for missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel continues in Charleston County
Kurt Knapek

Search officials from the CUE Center of Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C. along with area and state law enforcment officials searched a wooded area of Charleston County on Sunday for a New York girl teenager who disappeared from Myrtle Beach last year.

Dawn Drexel said police in McClellanville received a tip that the body of her daughter, Brittanee Drexel, could be in a wooded area off Rutledge Road.

"They didn't tell us what the tip was about," Dawn Drexel said this morning. "They do look at all of them. They still are actively searching for Brittanee."

Officials searched a 2-mile area Sunday, Dawn Drexel said. More than 50 people searched for her daughter on Sunday.

Monica Caison with CUE said local officials received the new tip in the last few weeks and coordinated the search Sunday with a search the group was conducted on Saturday for Crystal Soles. Soles was last seen Jan. 24, 2005, at Shaw's Corner Store in Andrews.

An area of Jones Avenue in Andrews was searched Saturday in connection with Soles' disappearance, but nothing was found.

"This is an area that needed to be searched," Caison said of Saturday's search for Soles. "We can at least walk away from it now. There will be many more areas to search for Crystal. They are gathering more information."

Brittanee Drexel was last seen on video surveillance leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard while on spring break on April 25, 2009. Dozens of searchers have scoured Myrtle Beach and wooded areas in Georgetown and Charleston counties looking for clues in the teen's disappearance.

The searches began after officials learned Drexel's cell phone gave off its last known signal on April 26 around U.S. 17 Bypass and the South Santee River in the Georgetown County.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »

You are not forgotten Brittanee!!! an angelic monkey

JANUARY 10, 2011, 4:02 A.M. ET
Special team called in for SC missing teen case

Associated Press
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Myrtle Beach officials have called in a special team of investigators to review the case of a New York teenager who went missing nearly two years ago while on spring break in Myrtle Beach.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that members of Project Alert are expected to arrive in South Carolina on Monday to review the case of Brittanee Drexel.

Project Alert is made up of retired law enforcement professionals trained by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Drexel was 17 went she traveled to Myrtle Beach with friends and without her parents' consent. She was last seen outside a Myrtle Beach hotel in April 2009.

Hi lovin' life, good to see you again & wanted to remind you to please provide a link when articles and such are brought to Scared Monkeys.  

Edit to add link provided by lovin'life.  http://online.wsj.com/article/AP6708304731fa4921abbb67be8bd696c7.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:24:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: January 10, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/01/07/1908109/missing-children-investigators.html#

Friday, Jan. 07, 2011
Missing children investigators to review Brittanee Drexel case next week in Myrtle Beach
Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

Myrtle Beach police have asked a specialized team of law enforcement professionals to review the case of a New York teen last seen in Myrtle Beach on Spring Break in 2009.

Members of Project Alert, a group of retired law enforcement professionals who are trained by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, will arrive Monday to review the case with Myrtle Beach police investigators.

Brittanee Drexel, whose 19th birthday was Oct. 5, was last seen on April 25, 2009, on video surveillance leaving the Blue Water Hotel at 2001 S. Ocean Blvd., police said. She was 17 at the time and had come to Myrtle Beach with some friends and without the consent of her parents.

More than 170 people from across the nation are Project Alert members, according to the center’s website. The group will go over the entire Drexel case with investigators next week and then provide suggestions about the case to local authorities.

“Their expertise is in so many different areas with them being retired law enforcement that we thought we should take advantage of this system,” Myrtle Beach police Capt. Joe Vella said of the group. “Our chief is focused on it . . . they will assist us and give us ideas and suggestions. We’ll use their expertise along with ours to continue to work the case.”

The consultation by Project Alert members is funded through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Drexel has been profiled on dozens of local and national television shows, billboards and websites. Authorities say they will continue to profile her case with the hope that someone with information regarding her whereabouts will come forward with details.

Dozens of searchers have scoured Myrtle Beach and wooded areas in Georgetown and Charleston counties looking for clues in Drexel's disappearance, police said.

Searches began in Georgetown and Charleston counties after officials learned Drexel's cell phone gave off its last known signal on April 26, 2009, around U.S. 17 Bypass and the South Santee River in Georgetown County.

Various rewards are available from law enforcement and a New York based church for information about Drexel.

Anyone with information regarding Drexel are asked to call Myrtle Beach police at 918-1382 or they can submit information online at http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: January 10, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »

I'm sorry MuffyBee, here is the link to the above AP Article if you would like to insert it into the post:

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP6708304731fa4921abbb67be8bd696c7.html

Thanks!  I've added it.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:26:48 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: January 12, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/New-Developments-In-Drexel-Case/zuRSHisxw0udyyE0JWxspg.cspx
New Developments In Drexel Case
Published 1/10/11, Updated 1/11/11

Myrtle Beach, S.C. - We have new information on the search for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel of Chili.

Police in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina have called in a special team of investigators to review the Drexel case.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports members of Project Alert are expected to arrive in South Carolina Monday.

It's a group made up of law enforcement professionals trained by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Drexel was last seen outside a Myrtle Beach hotel in April 2009.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »

Hopefully this means there is more information on her disappearance?  Or why would they wait so very long to call in this help?  Bless her family...may they find answers.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: January 23, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »

For some reason I find Brittanee has been on my mind, and in my prayers a lot lately. I don't watch TV often, so I searched online hoping that perhaps new information had been discovered. I found all these forums and have spent the past week reading them all.. It is very heartbreaking to read the comments posted by some in the many different forums, especially those calling her a spoiled, selfish, out of control brat that disappeared on purpose. I wonder how they feel now, in Jan. 2011 after almost 2 years... How do those that were with her, the ones that have moved on with their lives, finishing high school perhaps, starting college, maybe even starting a family of their own and having a daughter... how do they sleep at night, how do they look themselves in the eye when they look at a mirror. I see how so many used these forums to attack the Drexel family and defend, possibly the guilty, instead of coming together in a show of support and encouragement or most importantly... a place where someone whom was to scared to go to the police could have posted important information that could have led to her being found. I applaud those of you that stayed the course, those whose truly want to help find Brittanee. may God bless you beyond measure. I pray, with all of my heart that she is soon found and that her family, loved ones and friends never give up hope. Thank you to those who made recent posts, I was actually in MB again recently though I did not know a new team had been called in to review the case. I wonder though if anyone might know if the family has plans for another candlelight vigil planned for April 2011. If so, could you please let me know, I would like to attend. Thank you..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: January 23, 2011, 05:24:37 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Clykenn    I hope Brittanee is found before next April, but if she's not, perhaps there will be a candlelight vigil.  Sometimes the news, facebook or other media will announce an upcoming event.  I'm sure if any monkey that's following this case sees it, they will post the information.  And of course, if you have an information yourself about it in the future, we'd love it if you shared it with us, especially if you're able to attend.  Brittanee has been gone so long, it's time for her to be found.   an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:30:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: January 23, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome Muffy. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.