April 26, 2024, 04:46:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 725204 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: January 24, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »

WELCOME CLYKENN

I come here quite often looking for news of Brittanee. It is always so disappointing not to find anything. Two years! I can't imagine how awful this has been for her parents and family. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #741 on: January 24, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »

Hi Fanny, thank you for the welcome. Yes, 2 years is 2 years to long for this case to have been solved. I imagine it has been very frustrating for the MBPD, and other agencies involved. By no stretch of the imagination can I imagine what the family has been going through and with a teen of my own, I pray I never have to.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #742 on: January 29, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »

This from ABC Charleston, SC

Search for Brittanee Drexel Continues in McClellanville
Updated: Jan 29, 2011 1:53 PM EST

McClellanville, S.C (WCIV) --The emotional search for a missing teenager, Brittanee Drexel continues this weekend as crews return to Charleston County.   Drexel was last seen near Myrtle Beach in April of 2009.
The weekends search will take place Saturday and Sunday near Old Georgetown Road off Rutledge Road.
Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mother says around 100 people are expected to help in the search.
"It's hell," Drexel said last April at the one year anniversary of her daughters disappearance. "It's like a nightmare you never want to wake up from."
Brittanee was last seen outside the Bluewater Resort -the 17 year-old was with friends in Myrtle Beach for spring break when she vanished.
Monica Caison of the Cue center for Missing Persons is leading the effort to bring Brittanee home.
snipped
http://www.abcnews4.com/Global/story.asp?S=13930989

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:11:01 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
lexicoe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #743 on: January 29, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »

I pray this time the search is successful!

Why the heck did they dismiss charges against the guy in the July alleged abduction? That seems crazy.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #744 on: January 29, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »

If I am recalling this correctly, he was released because he had a solid alibi.

Thank you for sharing the info about the search... I also pray they find her, hopefully alive, if it isn't to be, it will at least bring closer to her family and she will receive the proper burial that every human being deserves.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: January 29, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jan/29/another-search-brittannee-drexel/

MYRTLE BEACH— Searchers are going out again to try and find a New York teen reported missing in Myrtle Beach nearly two years ago.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports as many as 200 searchers could be out in Georgetown County on Saturday and Sunday looking for Brittanee Drexel.

Monica Caison with the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., estimated there could be 100 people on foot as well as all-terrain vehicle teams, 40 horse teams and 11 dog teams.

Dozens of searchers have looked around Myrtle Beach as well as Georgetown and Charleston counties since the teenager disappeared April 25, 2009 after leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel.

Drexel’s cell phone transmitted its last known signal the next day near the South Santee River in Georgetown County.

I hope I posted the link correctly, I pasred the story in case it didn't.

According to this article from Charleston's local paper, the Post and Courier there are 451 people involved in this search. I live about 30/45 minutes south of McCellanville and it's a small town, actually known as a fishing village. I noted the article did not say they were looking for a body nor her remains..... I am going to continue praying, and hoping that Brittanee is found alive.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »

UPDATE from 11pm news (ABC News)

Searchers did not find anything today (Saturday) and will return to the area again tomorrow.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #747 on: January 31, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

Has anyone heard the results of the search this weekend in McCellanville? There was nothing on the local (Charleston) news last night. This morning on the 6am news there was a very short blurb, same thing that was reported on Saturday, though a bit shorter. I just cannot imagine the range of emotions Dawn goes through everyday and torment with each search. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »

Has anyone heard the results of the search this weekend in McCellanville? There was nothing on the local (Charleston) news last night. This morning on the 6am news there was a very short blurb, same thing that was reported on Saturday, though a bit shorter. I just cannot imagine the range of emotions Dawn goes through everyday and torment with each search. 

BBM

It must be so very, very difficult for Dawn.     Let me check the news on the net and see if there's been updates on results of the searches.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: January 31, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

Article from Saturday's Search:

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/01/29/1951281/no-new-clues-in-search-for-brittanee.html
No new clues in search for Brittanee Drexel
January 29, 2011

At least 150 people searched three miles of wooded road in Charleston County on Saturday in the hopes of finding a clue to the whereabouts of Brittanee Drexel.

But no significant finds were made,
said Monica Caison, with the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., which organized the search.
(snip)
The search near Old Georgetown Road will continue on Sunday.

I haven't found any news yet that reports whether there was anything found on the Sunday search, but here's an article concerning the search:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=574091   
Second largest Drexel search wraps up
January 30, 2011

(snip)
On Saturday 200 trained volunteers from the C.U.E. Center for Missing Persons, Charleston County Sheriff's Office, Georgetown Sheriff's Office, SLED, and the Myrtle Beach Police Department scoured the heavily wooded area. Crews searched with ATV's, horses, dogs, and by foot. They continued their search Sunday.
(snip)
The main search focused on the North Santee Community in Georgetown County, an area where Drexel's cell phone last gave a signal the night she vanished.

Monica Caison with C.U.E. says if anyone has information, they should contact them, the Myrtle Beach Police, or submit a tip on Brittanee Drexel's website. Tips can be anonymous.

"People don't know what the investigators know. Even the smallest piece of information could help solves a bigger piece of the puzzle," adds Caison.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #750 on: January 31, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

Thank you so very much Muffy, same stuff I read. I was searching on the net today and came across a Forensic Astrology report. I don't put much stock in stuff like that, however it was a very, very interesting read. I actually read it several times and tried to go to the discussion page, but it is no longer there. Here is the link, don't know if anyone has read it before... http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2009/05/brittanee-drexel.html
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: February 03, 2011, 11:56:13 PM »

Thank you so very much Muffy, same stuff I read. I was searching on the net today and came across a Forensic Astrology report. I don't put much stock in stuff like that, however it was a very, very interesting read. I actually read it several times and tried to go to the discussion page, but it is no longer there. Here is the link, don't know if anyone has read it before... http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2009/05/brittanee-drexel.html

Very interesting blog, and the scenario fits as well as any. I don't know much about Astrology, but I do enjoy reading them. It is not that I don't believe them, but I just don't think I understand it all. I do have an open mind, and am willing to learn. Thanks for posting this.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #752 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »

Fanny, yes it was interesting, I don't understand it either, in fact I had to read it several times and weave around the moon, sun, etc. being in this house, that house, etc., to get to the main interest of the story (Brittanee). I think a lot of these people are fakes, however.. there is a woman here where I live that has a proven track record and has helped find missing people, a downed sheriffs plane and other things, she was correct each time. My biggest struggle with a psychic is the bibles view on them though I also understand why God tells us not to seek them out. That said, I also try to keep an open mind simply because it isn't my place to judge them. I just feel very strongly in my spirit that there is something being missed in this case and it isn't that "key piece" the police are looking for. I think it's right there in front of them and when it is seen, they will then have that key piece. There has to be a reason why suddenly, out of the blue Brittanee has been on my mind so much, it's a daily thing, I don't understand why, however I have decided I am keeping my thoughts and feelings to myself. Anyway, today as I was reading more info I came across another very interesting article and was struck at how close this woman is to what I have been feeling on a few points. I am including the link... empathysinsights.blogspot.com/2010/10/britanee-drexel.html. You will see this "reading" is done with tarot cards and is very different from the astrology article. One thing about the Astrology article I found odd was the person that wrote it said they have been an astrologist for 30 years, yet they seemed unsure if their chart was correct. Just seems to me they would have more confidence in themselves and their work, though perhaps the reasoning for that is because of who was mentioned so many times, they wanted to protect themselves from a lawsuit. Enjoy the read and have a great weekend.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »

I am encouraged by quote below that investigators are still receiving "chatter" and tips from the street, hopefully someone will talk soon so that Brittanee can come home...

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-strand/2011/feb/06/k-9-units-investigators-explore-drexel-tip-ar-1430792/

Myrtle Beach K-9 units, investigators explore Drexel tip

MYRTLE BEACH, SC --
Investigators searched two areas Saturday, following a tip that came in from a recent weekend search for missing New York teenager, Brittanee Drexel.

Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Chuck Capp said investigators received several tips during their last large scale search along Old Georgetown Road and Rutledge Road in Charleston County.

Capp said a person came to investigators on January 29th and said that "word on the street" was there were two places they should look into.

One of those places was in Georgetown County.

Another location was in Charleston County.

<<SNIP>>

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #754 on: February 10, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »

Drexel’s cell phone transmitted its last known signal the next day near the South Santee River in Georgetown County.
I noted the article did not say they were looking for a body nor her remains..... I am going to continue praying, and hoping that Brittanee is found alive.

It is largely a land based search but the abrupt loss of a cell phone signal that clearly was not caused by a low battery or cold temperatures makes a water disposal the most likely option. Brittanee disappeared within a seven minute window, but it is likely that the abduction was sooner than the seven minute limit. The rate of travel indicates a motor vehicle and ofcourse it indicates someone familiar with the area rather than a Spring Breaker since the location chosen was ideal and near a dock with commercial fishing equipment nearby. Rather than a rowdy group of Spring Breakers as many had theorized, a local yokel familiar with the area and possessed of a non-threatening vehicle is likely. Several vans were in the area according to cameras and other sources, one of them appears to have been a church van with a sliding door which might have been viewed as non-threatening.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »

since the location chosen was ideal and near a dock with commercial fishing equipment nearby.

I'm a bit confused FoolsGold... Do you mean the area she disappeared from is ideal, near a dock w/ commercial fishing equipment?

or..

That is the location of her last cell signal?

A few thoughts, musings, etc..

I have read several account's that state the authorities said Brittanees phone had been turned off, I assume because all calls were going straight to voicemail, however, I could be incorrect about that.

I believe there was also another signal slightly further away from the south Santee Bridge. Which I assume is what led them to McClellanville at first (before they received tips to look there).

While I do not live in Georgetown I travel to Myrtle Beach several times a year, and have for the past 20 years. I have never seen any commercial fishing equipment at/nearby the south Santee bridge -

One thing that has been reported many times that is being forgotten is the fact that after Brittanee left Peter B's hotel, and was headed back to her hotel to return the shorts... she sent the girl (shorts owner) a text and said she was stopping at different hotel to see another friend. To my knowledge no one knows who this "other friend is or where they were staying." There really isn't much isn't much said about it which I find odd. The girl (shorts owner) did tell MBPD she had received another text at a later time from Britanne stating that she was on the way- we know however that she never arrived.

I also find it curious no one ever mentions a teen club (allows 13 to 19 yr olds) called Karma that is in that same area.

I have not read anything about an unusual number of vans being in the area at the time, to be honest I have a hard time believing a church van would randomly stop and offer her a ride. I can't imagine had Brittanee been on the street, and in some kind of trouble, that everyone on the street with her at the time would ignore her.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't think she was "abducted" off the street by a stranger, or that she got in the car with one while walking. I have nothing more than a "strange gut feeling" to base my opinion on so there is a huge possibility I am wrong. I think a longer, deeper look needs to be taken at the fact she told "shorts owner" she was stopping at a different hotel to see another friend.

I also found this odd... one of the girls she had traveled with, I think one named Jen Oberer (not sure if she is "shorts owner"), had left her hotel to go take care of an issue that her boyfriend had gotten into... no one has ever said what that issue was. There is not much info about the group she traveled with except that they treated Brittanee badly (to the point she did ask a stranger to walk with her one night), and they made fun of her on their facebook/myspace pages when they returned from the beach, yes... after they knew she was missing.. they never did anything to help the police or family try to find her either.

For the people that are calling in tips, saying "word on the street is" etc., I don't understand why they do not just tell the MBPD exactly where she is. Are they just jerking them around, are they trying to cover their butts and plan to plan to actually reveal the location, maybe hoping the PD's will find her so they won't be blamed for ratting anyone out. Is the reward money not enough for them, are they going to use her location as a bargaining tool for something else they have done, to perhaps escape the death penalty...

One thing I do know for sure... we reap what we sow (karma is a b**ch) or however one wants to express it... it will come back on them at some point in time. What kind of mental problems does this/these people suffer that they assume it is acceptable to do they things they do, then carry on with their life.

I don't know if it is a South Carolina state law, I do know it is a law in Charleston County.. the hand of one is the hand of all. I hope everyone involved is charged, more than anything I hope they are not offered any bargins. Many years ago a group of teens ganged up on 1 teen, they all beat him, then they all stood back and watched as 1 of them beat the guy to death, they were all charged with murder and were all found guilty, even the few who were minors were tried as adults. Sorry this is so long, guess I needed to vent.
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:11 AM »

I'm a bit confused FoolsGold... Do you mean the area she disappeared from is ideal, near a dock w/ commercial fishing equipment?
or..That is the location of her last cell signal?
Cell signal location.

She was not friends with the people with whom she was traveling. She was a tag-along acquaintance of a friend. How they treated her is irrelevant since they were in the room when she disappeared. They have no obligation to return and help search for her. They spoke to the police and gave what information they had. They companions were there for a Spring Break of drinking and partying. The young kid was not really included in any of that. The guy who checked out an an unusual time may be selfish and arrogant but he is not a suspect and simply checked out at a strange time because that was optimal for getting back home by his deadline.

The SMS message about visiting a friend at a different hotel has not been confirmed by the police. Allowing a slow walking pace she would have been picked up on surveillance cameras within seven minutes. She was not.

We can assume that she and her cell phone were not initially separated therefore tracking of the cell phone, which need not have been in use at the time, constitutes tracking of her person. Although alot is possible, abrupt cessation of the cell phone signal usually indicates a water-disposal and if the cell phone was dumped in the water, I doubt that it was the only thing that was dumped into the water at or near that time and place.
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: February 11, 2011, 05:02:08 AM »

What kind of mental problems does this/these people suffer that they assume it is acceptable to do they things they do, then carry on with their life.
You have your values, they have their values. Do you really consider one set of moral values to be "better" than the other?

I think a van is likely because its rather hard to conceal and control a live girl who is struggling in a passenger car or pickup truck. And I think whatever happened to her happened near the place where the cell phone was dumped, not in Myrtle Beach in some dark alley or doorway.

Most of the ground searches were way north of the final cell signal. Many of the mother's comments concerned a supposed but not evident depression due to the father divorcing the mother. These comments appeared unhelpful to the search and unsupported by the facts.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: February 12, 2011, 04:47:48 AM »

And I think whatever happened to her happened near the place where the cell phone was dumped, not in Myrtle Beach in some dark alley or doorway.

I am inclined to agree with you that it wasn't in MB in an alley or doorway. I just do not think she was grabbed off the street, or forced into a car/van while walking down the street, or offered a ride while she was walking down the street. As I said, it's an odd gut feeling that actually came out of left field one day a few months ago and has been bugging me ever since. As to if "I consider one set of moral values better than the other", yes, I guess I do. We aren't talking about stealing a candy bar.

I think the comments made about her being depressed were more about her possible frame of mind at the time, they are factual as she was on med's that were prescribed by a doctor. Were the comments helpful... no, neither was her stepfathers comments that she had just ran away, etc., etc.. I'm sure many thing's were said they wished they had not said, however one has to also consider their frame of mind. I'm sure with everything going on the last thing on their mind was preparing a statement for the press. Not sure if you have ever noticed, but many parents of missing children have a "family spokesperson." It's usually someone close to the family not under the mental and emotional stress as the parents that deals with the press.

Have a great weekend.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #759 on: February 19, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »

does peter broswick have any tattoos on him or any of his friends, just wonderig because i thought maybe brittannee would have wanted to have one, or have something done on her or for her before she headed home to show she had a good time at myrtle beach, not like a cheap souvenir, i noticed brittanee has a nose piercing so that's why im asking.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.