April 25, 2024, 03:09:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 724998 times)
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »

i was mainly asking bc of what I heard on the news b/c of the 21 year old who wanted get silicon injected in her , you know, and she died in the hotel where it took place, maybe something like that happened to Brittanee, maybe the needles were infected and well you know what happens after that...never heard of some one getting sick after getting a tattoo, but i thought it can happen

clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #761 on: February 26, 2011, 01:48:14 AM »

Hi piwannabe, I do not know the answer to your question. 
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #762 on: March 11, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »

http://www.moultrienews.com/ap/Fundraisers-planned-in-search-for-missing-NY-teen

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Relatives are planning fundraisers to mark the two years since a New York teen was reported missing in Myrtle Beach.
Carol Wagner says she hopes the events in Myrtle Beach on April 21 and 23 will raise money for search efforts and lead to new information about the disappearance of her granddaughter, Brittanee Drexel.

Dozens of searchers have fruitlessly searched Georgetown, Horry (oh-REE) and Charleston counties since the Rochester, N.Y., teenager disappeared April 25, 2009, after leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel. Drexel's 19th birthday was Oct. 5.

Wagner says she is holding out hope her granddaughter will be found alive. Drexel's cell phone transmitted its last known signal the day after she disappeared near the South Santee River in Georgetown County.

clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #763 on: March 11, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/03/10/2031458/fundraisers-to-be-held-marking

The first fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. April 21 at Max & Erma’s Restaurant at the corner of U.S. 501 and Carolina Forest Boulevard. The restaurant will donate 20 percent of its sales from individuals with a flyer to the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C.

The second one - hosted by the Myrtle Beach Corvette Club along with Harley Davidson and The Beaver Bar- will be held from 9 to 11:15 a.m. April 23 at the Harley Davidson of Myrtle Beach. From Harley Davidson, riders will caravan to The Beaver Bar in Murrells Inlet where there will be a noon prayer and lunch, and Monica Caison, with the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, and Dawn Drexel, Brittanee’s mother, will speak, said Robin Holley, who is chairperson of the fundraisers. All proceeds will go to the CUE center.

Holley said they have received a lot of donations, but still are looking for food, including water, chips, and meat for barbecue sandwiches, to be donated to the Beaver Bar for the April 23 event.

Raffle tickets for the April 23 fundraiser can be purchased the day of the event at The Beaver Bar, 3381 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, Holley said. Each raffle ticket costs $25, which includes lunch, and entering one’s name in a drawing for a cash prize.

clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #764 on: March 29, 2011, 03:18:00 AM »

I was searching for a friend on Facebook and came across this person, Christina Marie, she is using pictures of Brittanee as her own. There are 5 pictures total, 4 are of Brittanee, not sure who the female in the middle is, but I have seen it somewhere before.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001447494366
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:45 AM »

I was searching for a friend on Facebook and came across this person, Christina Marie, she is using pictures of Brittanee as her own. There are 5 pictures total, 4 are of Brittanee, not sure who the female in the middle is, but I have seen it somewhere before.

She hasn't been on FB in a long time and I did msg her to ask why she would be using photos of a missing girl as her own.  She changed her profile photo around 8.26.10 and way down on 8.15.10 I found a real pic of her when she was pregnant with her son.  She is a nurse or so she say's but she is unmarried with two baby daddy's and must be a little mixed up cause she is calling a pic of a little girl that I know is an ad and claiming it is her child. I'm not trying to be mean but after seeing her pic I can understand why she would choose to use someone as pretty as Brittanee!  I kinda find it disrespectful.  I've seen others use pics of a prettier person and show up to meet poeple off FB or MySpace and they say "oh, that was back in high school" and clearly not them.  Mixed up folk!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »

She hasn't been on FB in a long time and I did msg her to ask why she would be using photos of a missing girl as her own.  She changed her profile photo around 8.26.10 and way down on 8.15.10 I found a real pic of her when she was pregnant with her son.  She is a nurse or so she say's but she is unmarried with two baby daddy's and must be a little mixed up cause she is calling a pic of a little girl that I know is an ad and claiming it is her child. I'm not trying to be mean but after seeing her pic I can understand why she would choose to use someone as pretty as Brittanee!  I kinda find it disrespectful.  I've seen others use pics of a prettier person and show up to meet poeple off FB or MySpace and they say "oh, that was back in high school" and clearly not them.  Mixed up folk!

This girl is certifiable, besides using a missing likely murdered young girls photos as her own.  How do you go from....

High School - class of 2007
Univiersity of Alabama - class of 2009
University of Florida  - class of 2010
Florida Medical Training Institute - class of 2012

Claim to currently be working as an RN and have a 1yr old and 7yr old?   I don't think it's possible.
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #767 on: March 29, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »

It made me think about the Brad Paisley song from years ago "Online." 

You would think if she wanted to pretend she was/is something she isn't, that she wouldn't have used pictures of someone that is all over the Internet. The picture in the middle looks nothing at all like the 4 pic's of Brittanee. I agree it's messed up and disrespectful to use those pictures. I almost sent her a message, then decided I would contact Facebook instead. I didn't find contact info for them though. Week before last someone posted a topic on Topix that Brittanee had been found, then said something not so nice. I reported it to Topix, and asked them to remove it out of respect, and they did. There were several comments and I feel the person that started the topic posted the comments using different names. I wonder if the people that post such horrible things about this family act like that in person or if they just unleash the evil, cold heartedness online under fake names..
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: March 29, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »

It made me think about the Brad Paisley song from years ago "Online." 

You would think if she wanted to pretend she was/is something she isn't, that she wouldn't have used pictures of someone that is all over the Internet. The picture in the middle looks nothing at all like the 4 pic's of Brittanee. I agree it's messed up and disrespectful to use those pictures. I almost sent her a message, then decided I would contact Facebook instead. I didn't find contact info for them though. Week before last someone posted a topic on Topix that Brittanee had been found, then said something not so nice. I reported it to Topix, and asked them to remove it out of respect, and they did. There were several comments and I feel the person that started the topic posted the comments using different names. I wonder if the people that post such horrible things about this family act like that in person or if they just unleash the evil, cold heartedness online under fake names..

People like that don't have friends and are sour pusses and cause trouble on the internet cause it's all they got and yep, some are just plain mean and it usually shows in their character to others. 
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #769 on: April 01, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »

it doesn't make sense why someone would use brittanee's pictures like that, i mean someone might call police why would she want something like that to happen.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=604477
Fundraisers planned to support search for Brittanee Drexel
April 12, 2011

::snipping2::
Brittanee Drexel disappeared from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach in April 2009. She was 17-years-old.

There have been nearly 50 searches for Drexel, but still no signs of her. Her family is planning fundraisers along the Grand Strand to continue to fund more searches.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: April 18, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/04/15/2100577/start.html

April 14, 2011

Benefit for the Cue Center for Missing People, in honor of Brittanee Drexel, by Myrtle Beach Corvette Club, April 23. 9-11:15 a.m. coffee and doughnuts at Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson on South Kings Highway, across from Myrtle Beach State Park, then caravan to The Beaver Bar on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet (455-9645 or 347-9645, or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #772 on: April 18, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »

My hubby works as an IT consulant for local SO.  That is something that folks are doing to cull personal info on Facebook.  Make sure your photos are set to private so that they can't be stolen.  Also, a friend's 14 yr old had this happen.  A young girl with a crush on her BF stole her photos and made up a page for her.  It was bad. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: April 20, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=607478

Myrtle Beach police work new lead in Brittanee Drexel case
by Joel Allen
Posted: 04.19.2011 at 4:07 PM

Capp does not want to reveal the exact location of the search, but says it will not be in Georgetown County, where the teenager's cell phone transmitted its last known signal the day after she went missing.
"We got a call from someone that had met a person that made some unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious. They contacted us and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized."

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: April 20, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=607478

Myrtle Beach police work new lead in Brittanee Drexel case
by Joel Allen
Posted: 04.19.2011 at 4:07 PM

Capp does not want to reveal the exact location of the search, but says it will not be in Georgetown County, where the teenager's cell phone transmitted its last known signal the day after she went missing.
"We got a call from someone that had met a person that made some unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious. They contacted us and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized."

thank you for posting this.  hopefully this turns out to be credible!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: April 20, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/04/20/2111340/police-probe-tip-in-drexel-case.html
Police probe tip in case of New York teen Brittanee Drexel
April 20, 2011

As the two-year anniversary of a New York teen's disappearance approaches, Myrtle Beach police have a new lead in the case, according to Capt. David Knipes.

The latest tip regarding the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel came in around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, and is being followed up, as are all others, Knipes stated in a news release.

"This case has been active since day one and we are still receiving tips and information on a routine basis," Knipes said. "All tips are investigated to resolution."
Knipes said a search that has been planned for a week will happen in the Myrtle Beach area this week. Police have not released the location. He said the search is not related to the tip Tuesday, or any other.

The news of the latest tip comes while Drexel's family is in town for two fundraisers planned for later this week, marking the two years

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:19:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: April 20, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=608111

The mother of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel says she's encouraged by a new lead in the case.

Brittanee was 17-years-old when she went missing during a trip to Myrtle Beach on April 25th, 2009.

Dawn Drexel, who's visiting the Grand Strand to mark the second anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, says police often get new tips when the family comes to Myrtle Beach.

"I'm not surprised that there has been more leads starting to come in. Normally when we come down and we do something for Brittanee, they do get some leads called in to them," Dawn Drexel said.

Drexel says she's hoping someone who saw something the night Brittanee disappeared will come forward.

"I don't want to find my child not alive. We do need resolution, but we need her back and whoever's done this, they need to step up and let somebody know."

Searchers from the CUE Center for Missing Persons are working in the Myrtle Beach area this week. Police will not say where they're looking, but they did say Wednesday's search didn't provide anything of value.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #777 on: April 22, 2011, 01:02:38 PM »

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Investigators conducted a new search Thursday for missing teen Brittanee Drexel, who vanished nearly 2 years ago along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

Thursday, a crew of about 15 volunteers searched a wooded area in Myrtle Beach. Police do not want to release the exact location, in order to keep the investigation intact.

Myrtle Beach Police, the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office, and the CUE Center For Missing Persons conducted the search.

"The area we're in, we've not been before," said Caison. "We have searched several areas in Myrtle Beach and Surfside area, but in this particular area, we've not been here before."

snipped
"We still have evidence that's being analyzed, and waiting for the results of that evidence, so I think it will be solved, I don't know if it will be solved soon," he explained.

Lieutenant Capp says they conducted a similar search on Wednesday.

So far, he says they have found nothing of significance in their searches this week.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14494186

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
clykenn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #778 on: April 23, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »

This was posted on a Topix form yesterday

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 21, 2011Brittanee Drexel: To Her "Friends" in Rochester, New York

Brittanee Marie Drexel

Brittanee Drexel, 17, vanished on April 25, 2009, around 8:00 PM. This weekend marks the 2 year anniversary of when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Today, trained search teams from the Cue Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., returned to Myrtle Beach, combing new areas in hopes of finding of Brittanee Drexel.

This also marks the start of a series of articles and media on this case. Beginning with Dawn Drexel, her mother, who was in studio and on the show "Time's Up" during the second hour, from 3-4 pm today. To listen to the re-broadcast here is the link: http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/710

This first article is directed to the teenagers who accompanied 17-year old Brittanee from Rochester, NY to Myrtle Beach that weekend two years ago. In my opinion, each one of you are responsible and have important information that can solve this case. I strongly suggest that you and or your family listen to the entire second hour of the show.

It is a fact that the teen girls and young men who traveled with her abruptly left Myrtle Beach approximately 5 hours from the time Brittanee went missing and headed back to Rochester, New York, minus one very important underage age passenger.

It is a fact that whether you participated directly in any act of violence as it relates to Brittanee Drexel, you each can be charged with obstruction of justice for simply remaining silent and not coming forward. Translation: prison time.

Fact: you have each remained silent because you have possibly been threatened. All it takes is for one of you to break and all of you will be facing prison time.

You do not need to publicly come forward with the information. No one will ever know who placed a call. All one of you needs to do is contact the tip line at the cue center 910-232-1637, your call is confidential and anonymous.

Again, I urge you to listen to today's radio show for those in the "know" there is a special message for you.

All anyone is asking is for this young woman to be located so her family can finally bring her home.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-strand/2011/apr/25/brittanee-drexel-went-missing-2-years-ago-today-ar-1759993/#comments

Brittanee Drexel went missing 2 years ago today
By Continuous News Desk Staff
Published: April 25, 2011

Volunteer search crews and family members will conduct another search today.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.