April 26, 2024, 01:59:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 725166 times)
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

I'm back to - WHY IN THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE LEAVE 2 AM, LEAVE A $100 ROOM DEPOSIT AND HIGH-TAIL IT BACK 17 HOURS if he had nothing to do with Brittanee's disappearance?

I am so with you on this!!

I'm a bitl confused about this guy.  Is he an ex-boyfriend?  Did she know him before or did she just meet him? 

I agree with Rob...by leaving like he did, he raised HUGE red flags.
IIRC they are from the same hometown.  I don't believe that they were boyfriend/girlfriend but they new each other before this trip.

Thank you.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »

JOLfan ~ I went back and looked and PB is from Webster, NY and Brittnee is from Chili?
They are on opposite sides of Rochester, NY and about 25 miles apart. So I'm sorry, I could be wrong on them knowing or not knowing each other before hand.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »

This case is odd.  I think the girl Brittanee is possibly a run away.  I don't get the feeling that the mother is too worried.  I have yet to see panic in her voice or see it in her face.  She dresses in spaghetti tank tops to meet with police and go on national tv and yet, I just don't see desperation coming from her.  She could be well served with a PR person dressing her more like a mom than a barmaid, IMHO.  I don't mean that judgmental, but more observational of what would help her hold the media attention into the search for her child.  Maybe that is judgmental, and if so - is that my fault or the message she is sending with the spaghetti tank tops?   You would no sooner go to court that way, why go to the police and the national media that way?  I wish I had her email to tell her, right or wrong first impressions matter.
I do hope she comes home soon.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »

JOLfan ~ I went back and looked and PB is from Webster, NY and Brittnee is from Chili?
They are on opposite sides of Rochester, NY and about 25 miles apart. So I'm sorry, I could be wrong on them knowing or not knowing each other before hand.

Thank you again.

I wonder if LE found anything of value in the boy's hotel room.  Also, I think LE should push the boys in the car with him.  I think Rob mentioned yesterday that, unfortunetly, she could have been disposed of anywhere on the way home, which puts LE at a great disadvantage.  I can't imagine these boys wanting to put their futures on the line for him, although teenage loyalty is a bit skewed at times. 

I hope a resolution come today.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

REMINDER:  Be careful judging people by how they look.  This is the mother of a missing young lady.  Personally, I find it hard to believe she's riding the bus back and forth and not letting anyone know she's OK.  I don't think she is OK.

I agree Klaas. "Something bad happened"...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

This case is odd.  I think the girl Brittanee is possibly a run away.  I don't get the feeling that the mother is too worried.  I have yet to see panic in her voice or see it in her face.  She dresses in spaghetti tank tops to meet with police and go on national tv and yet, I just don't see desperation coming from her.  She could be well served with a PR person dressing her more like a mom than a barmaid, IMHO.  I don't mean that judgmental, but more observational of what would help her hold the media attention into the search for her child.  Maybe that is judgmental, and if so - is that my fault or the message she is sending with the spaghetti tank tops?   You would no sooner go to court that way, why go to the police and the national media that way?  I wish I had her email to tell her, right or wrong first impressions matter.

I agree.   First impressions do matter.   I didn't mean to be judgemental, either - but that's the feeling I got, also.   I truly hope she is just a runaway.   I also hope they get more info from the girls she was with in MB.   Praying for B.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2009, 02:31:32 PM »

I agree.   First impressions do matter.   I didn't mean to be judgemental, either - but that's the feeling I got, also.   I truly hope she is just a runaway.   I also hope they get more info from the girls she was with in MB.   Praying for B.
Yes, I think the "group" all knew this is what she was gonna do - take off.  The one boy who lawyered up does worry me a tad, but that could be diligent parents and his different stories might be trying to cover for her.  Does bug me that he drove home so abruptly - but he might be worried about statutory issues if he had relations with her or just running from the drama if she is a run away. 
Maybe, I just want to believe this kid is fine - or better phrased, not in the hands of another sick SOB.  If she doesn't get a grip soon, she will find herself wishing to have it as good as it was before. 
Again, JMHO.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »

Missing girl called 'confident, fun-loving'
Ernst Lamothe Jr. • Staff writer • April 30, 2009

When Casey Capo needs a fresh hairdo, astute fashion advice or a little bit of makeup to bring out her eyes, she goes to her favorite Chili hair salon — Brittanee Drexel's house.

Drexel, an aspiring cosmetologist, would often cut and style her friends' hair during her spare time. She also did some modeling locally for a few years.

"It would be amazing because I would try to describe what style I wanted and even though I wasn't always good at finding the right words, Brit always knew what I meant and my hair always looked great," said Capo, 19, of Brockport, one of Drexel's best friends. "It is just a skill that came natural to her, as if she has been cutting hair for years."

Drexel, a junior at Gates Chili High School, has been missing since Saturday night when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

The daughter of Dawn Drexel and Chad Drexel of Gates, she has two younger siblings, ages 5 and 11.

For the past 10 years, she has played in various soccer leagues, including one at Total Sports Experience in Gates. Friends say she often talked about how much fun she had and that she saw it as a stress-reliever during tough times.

"Britt is just a fun-loving party girl who liked to dance and just hang out with her friends," said Jen Murray, 17, a senior at Webster Schroeder High School. "That is one of the reasons why her friends are hurting so badly now, because we are used to spending 99.9 percent of the time with her and now she is nowhere to be found."

She described her friend as confident, self-assured and strong.

"One thing about her is that she knows who she is and doesn't try to be someone else, and that is something that you don't find in teenagers too often," Murray added. "Sometimes we try to fit in and we aren't ourselves."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »

I thought that along with the bus sighting there were cell phone pings. Doesn't mean the cell phone is with the girl. Even if the pings are moving.
Does anyone know any girls that age who do not keep their cells with them ?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »

REMINDER:  Be careful judging people by how they look.  This is the mother of a missing young lady.  Personally, I find it hard to believe she's riding the bus back and forth and not letting anyone know she's OK.  I don't think she is OK.

Bump

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/881544.html

She doesn't look at all like her photos here.  She looks heavier and her hair looks shorter than I thought it would:

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »

Klaas! I agree! I thought by the description that she was a tiny little thing....would have never guess from the photos released prior that these girls were the same person...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

Where were all of her friends that she went down there with? why was she going there alone? so many questions..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »

califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »

This doesn't even look like her at all.  Maybe it's just too grainy.  I really hope she just ran away and comes home soon, but with that boy taking off at 2am with a $100.00 deposit and then getting a lawyer so fast, I am beginning to have a bad feeling. 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »

This doesn't even look like her at all.  Maybe it's just too grainy.  I really hope she just ran away and comes home soon, but with that boy taking off at 2am with a $100.00 deposit and then getting a lawyer so fast, I am beginning to have a bad feeling. 

I have a bad feeling about this also an I don't thing the outcome is going to be what we all want.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2009, 07:29:18 AM »

This is from April 15th 2009

MB police search for sex assault suspect
Girls say attacks began in elevators

By Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

Police are searching for a suspect after two young girls separately reported that a man tried to sexually assault them after they left pools at two Myrtle Beach motels.

The first incident was reported to police at 5:18 p.m. Sunday. A 14-year-old girl from Mount Pleasant told police she was leaving the pool area at the Captain's Quarters at 901 S. Ocean Blvd. when a man followed her to the elevator, according to a police report.

The man got into the elevator with her on the first floor and as they rode in the elevator, the man exposed himself and tried to sexually assault her, according to the report. The teen told police she slapped his hands away, but he held her against the elevator wall when the doors opened on the second and third floors.
Quantcast

The girl said she was able to get away from him when the elevator stopped on the fourth floor and she ran out, according to the report. While investigating the incident, police learned the girl's sister had been in the elevator with the man minutes earlier, also after leaving the pool.

The sister told police a man kept moving closer toward her in the elevator and she got out when it stopped on the sixth floor, according police. Investigators plan to get surveillance video from the hotel, police said.

In the second incident, reported just before 10 p.m. Monday at the Hotel Blue at 705 S. Ocean Blvd., a 12-year-old Geneva, N.Y., girl told police a man followed her when she left the pool deck and got into an elevator.

She said the man followed her into the elevator. She got out on the fourth floor and went to use the stairs, but he followed her.

The man followed the girl into the stairwell, the girl told police, then he grabbed her and began to touch her, according to the report. The girl said she freed herself and ran up the stairs as he fled down the stairs. Police searched both hotels for the man.
Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/crime_courts/story/861340.html

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:36:27 AM by klaasend » Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2009, 07:34:51 AM »

This is from April 15th 2009

MB police search for sex assault suspect
Girls say attacks began in elevators

By Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

Police are searching for a suspect after two young girls separately reported that a man tried to sexually assault them after they left pools at two Myrtle Beach motels.

The first incident was reported to police at 5:18 p.m. Sunday. A 14-year-old girl from Mount Pleasant told police she was leaving the pool area at the Captain's Quarters at 901 S. Ocean Blvd. when a man followed her to the elevator, according to a police report.

The man got into the elevator with her on the first floor and as they rode in the elevator, the man exposed himself and tried to sexually assault her, according to the report. The teen told police she slapped his hands away, but he held her against the elevator wall when the doors opened on the second and third floors.
Quantcast

The girl said she was able to get away from him when the elevator stopped on the fourth floor and she ran out, according to the report. While investigating the incident, police learned the girl's sister had been in the elevator with the man minutes earlier, also after leaving the pool.

The sister told police a man kept moving closer toward her in the elevator and she got out when it stopped on the sixth floor, according police. Investigators plan to get surveillance video from the hotel, police said.

In the second incident, reported just before 10 p.m. Monday at the Hotel Blue at 705 S. Ocean Blvd., a 12-year-old Geneva, N.Y., girl told police a man followed her when she left the pool deck and got into an elevator.

She said the man followed her into the elevator. She got out on the fourth floor and went to use the stairs, but he followed her.

The man followed the girl into the stairwell, the girl told police, then he grabbed her and began to touch her, according to the report. The girl said she freed herself and ran up the stairs as he fled down the stairs. Police searched both hotels for the man.
Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/crime_courts/story/861340.html

[/quote]

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

There are some comments on that page.

tgilly wrote on April, 28 6:50 PM:

We were in Garden City Beach at a condo that was not listed and a girl was assaulted in the elevator Tuesday the 14th, not sure why our place wasn't named...just wondering how many others were not made public.

Kaye wrote on April, 27 9:39 PM:

Could this suspect possibly have anything to do with the 17 year girl missing since Saturday. She was from New York and was staying at the Bar Harbour and according to news reports went to Hotel Blue. Sounds mighty coincidental she is now missing after having been at a place where sexual assaults were attempted. MAYBE police should check out to see if there is a connection. Oh, what am I thinking - that's for her family to do - she was just a tourist. Been in that situation 12 years ago - nothing will be done.
Recommend (0)

MrDixon wrote on April, 17 8:47 PM:

Myrtle Beach has over 150 registered sex offenders living in the city. I wonder how many, if any, work at the hotels....This should really help tourism!

RobertPI wrote on April, 15 11:40 AM:

Any description? That might help find this person and seems it should always be the case when suspects have not been caught. Having a description might also be just the little extra someone needs to avoid being the next victim as well.

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »

Rob interesting article....already read it on the other thread..tee hee!

this could be crucial to what happened to B...
did this guy just hang around the elevator waiting for young girls to get on ? there should be some sortof surveillance/video in the hallways of the hotel I would think...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.