March 28, 2024, 12:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722161 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #860 on: December 30, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »

Interesting, thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #861 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587/skeletal

::snipping3::Coroner Edge confirmed that the remains are human, and the larger bones will be packed up and sent off to a lab in Texas for DNA testing. They have been in the Waccamaw area for years.

There are a couple of guys missing in the same area along with the two other women that have gone missing in the last 2 weeks. Local news is saying the bones have been in the area for about 4 or 5 years. Good possibility it could be Brittanee.

Sounds like Horry County could use some help from SBI or FBI

So sad there seems to be a number of people missing from the area. I wonder if there is a link between any of them. Prayers for all the families with missing loved ones.  One family might be getting some answers to their lost loved one. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: December 30, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587/skeletal

::snipping3::Coroner Edge confirmed that the remains are human, and the larger bones will be packed up and sent off to a lab in Texas for DNA testing. They have been in the Waccamaw area for years.

There are a couple of guys missing in the same area along with the two other women that have gone missing in the last 2 weeks. Local news is saying the bones have been in the area for about 4 or 5 years. Good possibility it could be Brittanee.

Sounds like Horry County could use some help from SBI or FBI

So sad there seems to be a number of people missing from the area. I wonder if there is a link between any of them. Prayers for all the families with missing loved ones.  One family might be getting some answers to their lost loved one. an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #863 on: December 30, 2013, 08:00:40 PM »

Geeshhh, another woman reported missing in Myrtle Beach.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/30/3930971/myrtle-beach-area-woman-reported.html

Myrtle Beach is not that dang big.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #864 on: December 30, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988568#.UsI-MPt0mdx

Brittanee Drexel's mother speaks after skeletal remains discovered
by Marc Liverman
Posted: 12.30.2013 at 4:58 PM
Updated: 2 hrs, 22 mins ago

Over the weekend, skeletal remains were discovered on Tidewater Road off Highway 501 in Horry County. The mother of Brittanee Drexel is wondering if this is the resolution she has been seeking.

On Monday afternoon, Horry County Coroner Robert Edge confirmed to WPDE NewsChannel 15 that the remains found are human and that they will first be sent to an anthropologist in Charleston to determine the gender and then they will be sent to a lab in Texas to determine the identity. 

Brittanee Drexel, who disappeared on spring break in Myrtle Beach in 2009 has been one of the biggest unsolved mysteries in Horry County, and her mother, Dawn Drexel, has been looking for answers since she disappeared.

This past weekend Dawn Drexel received a call from law enforcement. "She had said that they had found some skeletal remains and it does, it to me, it kind of puts a pit in your stomach, you know, could this be it," Dawn Drexel said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFpA93Wq5M

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pqFpA93Wq5M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pqFpA93Wq5M</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #865 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »

Fox News reported incorrectly that the remains were found 25 miles away from where Brittanee was last seen (at the Blue Water Hotel) The remains were actually 6 miles away.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »

Fox News reported incorrectly that the remains were found 25 miles away from where Brittanee was last seen (at the Blue Water Hotel) The remains were actually 6 miles away.

Thanks, iluvmua!   

http://www.wistv.com/story/24329879/brittanee-drexels-mother-makes-statement-following-discovery-of-skeletal-remains

Brittanee Drexel's mother makes statement following discovery of skeletal remains
Posted: Dec 30, 2013 3:22 PM CST Updated: Dec 30, 2013 3:35 PM CST
By Jason Old - email

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WIS) -

The mother of a teenager who was last seen in Myrtle Beach in 2009 has released a statement about the discovery of human skeletal remains found approximately six miles from where Brittanee Drexel was last seen.

I would like to thank everyone for their concern and support for my daughter, Brittanee in the recent discovery made in Horry County South Carolina. There are many missing children and adults in the region who have families suffering in anticipation the this latest news and who along side of our family await for a resolution as well.
I ask at this time to please wait for investigators to make a positive identification and be allowed to do their job. We need to respect the process along with the realization this could be any of our missing loved ones.
I encourage all media to re visit the case files and feature our missing. It is so vital to keep these cases out in the public.
Thank you
Dawn Drexel

A map depicting the distance between Brittanee Drexel's last known whereabouts (Location "A") and the location where skeletal remains were found (Location "B"). (Source: Google Maps)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: January 01, 2014, 05:47:42 PM »

http://wxxinews.org/post/remains-south-carolina-are-not-those-brittanee-drexel
Remains In South Carolina Are Not Those Of Brittanee Drexel
December 31, 2013

A coroner in Horry County, South Carolina tells WXXI News that the skeletal remains found last weekend are not those of Brittanee Drexel of Chili. He says the bones appear to be those of a male, at least 20 years old.

The remains were sent to a lab in Texas for DNA testing

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: January 01, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »

http://www.counton2.com/story/24327413/horry-county-skeletal-remains-going-to-texas-for-quick-analysis
Horry Coroner says bones belong to male in his 20s
Posted: Dec 30, 2013 9:57 AM CST
Updated: Dec 31, 2013 2:23 PM CST

The eyes of the state are focusing on Horry County after the number of missing people in that area continues to grow and now remains have been found.

Tuesday the Horry County Coroner said the bones appear to belong to a male in his 20s, confirming his belief that the bones are human.

The remains were found Sunday off Tidewater Drive near Waccamaw Boulevard in Horry County.

Officials have sent the remains to Texas instead of having them analyzed with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, as they told WBTW News it's believed experts in Texas can expedite the process.

Video at Link

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: January 01, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee!   

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #870 on: January 01, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »

Not meaning to muck up Britanees thread.. But an article with a list of those missing from that area.

New search yields more bones in Myrtle Beach area
January 1, 2014 Updated 6 hours ago

Edge said he did not believe a second skull was found, but said another arm and leg bone will be sent to an anthropologist in Charleston for an examination.

The first bones, which included a human skull, were found about 11 a.m. Saturday while a search party was looking for Heather Elvis, 20.

Elvis was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17, according to police.

On Dec. 25, Jamie Lynn Cross, 24, of Myrtle Beach was reported missing after she was last seen two days earlier getting into a vehicle to go to dinner with a 31-year-old man, according to a police report.

The Grand Strand has several other open missing person cases.

Zachary Malinowski was last seen Aug. 25, 2013 in Aynor was last spoken to by phone about 12:15 a.m. Aug. 26. The 19-year-old played basketball with friends then went with one of the friends to a house on 7th Avenue in Aynor

• In 2012, Georgia native Johnny Lamar Brown was reported missing by his family while vacationing in Myrtle Beach on Aug. 3.

Brown was 45-years-old when his family last saw him.

• In 2009, Brittanee Marie Drexel was reported missing while on spring break in Myrtle Beach.
She was 17 when she was last seen leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard April 25, 2009.

Crystal Gail Soles was 28 when she was reported missing from Andrews and was last seen Jan. 24, 2005.

Kareem Jamaal Ward has been missing from Horry County since June 1, 2001. He was 23 at the time.

Garret Hughes has been missing from Georgetown since Nov. 27, 2003. He was 44.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/01/3934389/new-search-yields-more-bones-in.html#storylink=cpy
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: January 01, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »

Sorry I left out a "t" in Brittanee's name.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: January 02, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »

Thank you for providing a list of the missing from the area, Samantha.  So many open missing person's cases.     By investigating and revisiting some of the other cases, perhaps there can be more knowledge gained to solving the cases and sadly, there may be even more.   I was reading about a neighbor of Ariel Castro (The man that imprisoned Amanda Berry and others for years) named Elias Acevedo that was looked at again when MP cases in the Cleveland area were reopened.  This resulted in his being charged with the murder of two women and the raping of children.  Here is the article link:
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/12/31/ariel-castros-neighbor-elias-acevedo-admits-to-rapes-killings-gets-life-in/?cmpid=GoogleNewsEditorsPicks&google_editors_picks=true
Ariel Castro’s Neighbor Admits To Raping Children, Killing Two Women 15 Years Ago
December 31, 2013

I hope the friends and family of Brittanee Drexel and the others on the list can know soon what happened to their loved ones and there will be justice in the cases where it's needed. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:59 AM »

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/08/brittanee-drexel-missing-myrtle-beach-nancy-grace-mysteries

Teen girl goes on spring break, vanishes
By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 11:40 AM EST, Wed January 08, 2014

Watch “Nancy Grace Mysteries: Brittanee Drexel,” Friday at 8 & 11 p.m. ET on HLN.

A 17-year-old high school junior -- described by friends and family as a model student and avid soccer player -- vanishes into thin air on spring break in Myrtle Beach. Grainy surveillance video emerges capturing the teen girl arriving at a resort then leaving 10 minutes later. What happened to Brittanee Drexel after that remains a mystery. Four years later, will we ever find out what happened to Brittanee Drexel?

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24823223/missing-teens-mom-moves-to-myrtle-beach-to-work-for-missing-persons-group

Missing teen's mom moves to Myrtle Beach to work for CUE Center

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 10:05 PM EST

Updated: Feb 25, 2014 10:05 PM EST

By Meghan Miller - email

The missing person case in Horry County that's likely received the most attention over the years is that of teenager Brittanee Drexel.

It's been nearly 5 years... 1,825 days.

No matter how you put it - each day is a day too long for Dawn Drexel since she last saw her 17-year-old daughter Brittanee alive.

"It's like a dream you never wake out of.." Dawn Drexel said when WBTW spoke to her Tuesday.

"Every time you get a tip in - or something happens - it puts you back on that rollercoaster again."

The saga taking the Elvis family and community by storm  is all too familiar and all too real for Dawn.

Constant ups and downs are separated by valleys of fear and anxiety.

"They have some sort of resolution in her case and I just hope some kind of justice is served," Dawn Drexel said.

The Drexel's long for answers since Brittanee was last seen in April 2009 in downtown Myrtle Beach.

Now, Dawn is permanently back in Myrtle Beach to stay close to the case.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: February 27, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »

Thank you for posting the article SuzieQ.  I hope Dawn Drexel can get the answers she needs in regard to her missing daughter Brittanee.  I worry sometimes when a missing person's family relocates, (what if the missing person comes back etc.?)  but in this case, I understand.  This mom isn't moving away, she's trying to get closer.  She wants to find her daughter and in the mean time, she's doing good deeds.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: April 26, 2014, 11:28:43 PM »

http://www.wbtw.com/story/25346834/vigil-marks-5-year-anniversary-of-brittanee-drexel-disappearance

Vigil marks 5 year anniversary of Brittanee Drexel disappearance

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 9:30 PM CST Updated: Apr 25, 2014 9:30 PM CST
By WBTW News Staff

Myrtle Beach, SC - Five years to the day after she disappeared family, friends and the public gathered in Myrtle Beach for a vigil for Brittanee Drexel.

The then 17-year-old from Rochester, New York was in Myrtle Beach on a spring break trip.

The vigil happened Friday night in Grand Park at Market Common. The vigil took place near a tree previously planted in Brittanee's honor near Grand Lake.

Brittanee's mother said the pain she feels is just as strong now as it was the day her daughter vanished.

"Every day is like, it doesn't get any better and you know it's still it's still fresh. We're still holding out hope," she said during the vigil.

Brittanee was most recently seen April 25, 2009 on surveillance video leaving the Bluewater Resort in Myrtle Beach. She walked north on South Ocean Boulevard.

Five years later investigators say they still get a steady stream of tips and call the Drexel case "open and active."

A search for Brittanee happened in Georgetown County in March 2014. Myrtle Beach Police would not elaborate on what information led them there other than to say it was new cell phone data collected through technology improvements.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: April 26, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »

http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/04/26/5904276/mother-of-teen-who-disappeared.html?sp=/100/104/

Mother of teen who disappeared in Myrtle Beach not giving up search

By Amanda Kelly

akelley@thesunnews.comApril 26, 2014 Updated 14 hours ago

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Hope hasn’t wavered for Dawn Drexel, whose daughter Brittanee Drexel was last seen five years ago in Myrtle Beach.

“We never thought she’d be missing this long,” she said. “I still have hope that Brittanee is out there somewhere. I’ll never give up hope.”

Dawn Drexel is now a state director and board member for the CUE Center, the nonprofit based in Wilmington, N.C. that organizes searches for the missing, including several that were for Brittanee Drexel.

While working with CUE Center, Drexel said she is comforted by the proximity to the place where her daughter was last seen.

Brittanee Drexel was 17 when she disappeared on April 25, 2009, leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. She had come to the Grand Strand for spring break with friends from her home in Rochester, N.Y., and without the consent of her parents.

Myrtle Beach police continue to investigate her disappearance, but no arrests have been made.

“The case is still open and active,” said Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes. “Detectives continue to follow up on tips as they come in.”

He could not say how often tips have been coming in recently.

Soon after Brittanee Drexel was last seen in Myrtle Beach, police and CUE officials began searching areas in Georgetown and Charleston counties after learning Drexel’s cellphone gave off its last known signal on April 26, 2009, in Georgetown County.

In August 2011, police searched a room at the Sunset Lodge on U.S. 17 near the Georgetown County Airport where someone identified as a person of interest had stayed. Police officials declined to comment on findings in that hotel room, and no new information has been released since.

Dawn Drexel moved to the Myrtle Beach area in late 2013, and said while she misses family and friends still living in Rochester, N.Y., “I feel closer to her here. Not only that, I’m able to keep up with law enforcement and keep up on Brittanee’s case.”

Five years time hasn’t taken away the pain of her daughter’s disappearance, she said.

“It’s the same as it was the day she left,” Dawn Drexel said of the sorrow she feels daily. “I’ll never stop searching for my daughter.”

But, she said support she’s received from the CUE Center and the support she now gives helps her maintain hope.

The family is holding a candlelight vigil Friday to mark five years since the teen was last seen.

Also, on May 3, supporters will meet at the Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson at 9 a.m. to start the Brittanee Drexel Fund Run, said Robin Holley, a family friend. The fundraiser will continue until the last ride to The Boathouse in Myrtle Beach, where festivities are planned.

At The Boathouse, there will be raffles and auctions with proceeds benefitting the CUE Center, Holley said.

Dawn Drexel said the money will help in future searches for Brittanee Drexel as well as other missing persons cases.

She said another search for her daughter also is being organized, but she did not know details on Thursday.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #878 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »

New York teen who vanished in 2009 likely held captive, killed - FBI

 

Thomson Reuters

Laila Kearney

Jun 8th 2016 5:10PM

NEW YORK, June 8 (Reuters) - A 17-year-old New York girl who vanished in 2009 while on spring break in a South Carolina beach town was likely held captive for several days before being killed, federal agents investigating the girl's disappearance said for the first time on Wednesday.

Rochester, New York resident Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance camera leaving her waterside hotel in the tourist hotspot Myrtle Beach, had been treated as a missing person since she vanished seven years ago.

Drexel's case, which was featured on the Discovery Channel's "Disappeared" television show, has some similarities with the highly publicized vanishing of Mississippi teenager Natalee Holloway, whose fate is still a mystery.

Drexel's remains have not been found, and no one has been arrested in connection with her disappearance. After hundreds of interview and leads, investigators said they believe Drexel died in McClellanville, South Carolina, the last place Drexel's cell phone signal was traced to. McClellanville is a fishing town about an hour's drive south down the coast from Myrtle Beach.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #879 on: July 15, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/suspects-identified-in-brittanee-drexel-disappearance/

Suspects identified in Brittanee Drexel disappearance

July 14, 2016 by admin

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WCSC) –

A suspect or suspects have been identified in the disappearance and murder of Brittanee Drexel.

Brad Conway, an attorney for the Drexel family said he’s been told a suspect or suspects have been named in the case, but he declined to release any details.

Drexel vanished from Myrtle Beach in April, 2009 during Spring break.

Just a few weeks ago, the FBI announced they believe Drexel is dead.

Authorities say the 17-year old supposedly was heading back to the motel where she was staying, but never made it there.

The FBI says they have evidence Drexel was held against her will in three places, Georgetown, McClellanville and North Charleston.

It was in McClellanville where investigators say her cell phone pinged on a cell tower.

“Forensic evidence from text messages, from cellphones, all kinds of information that we’ve evaluated,” Crosby said. “The information that we have, that we’ve obtained through the course of this investigation, we do feel like she is deceased.”

Crosby said investigators need one key piece of information to make an arrest.

It’s something police don’t want to talk about yet.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.