March 28, 2024, 08:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722148 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: July 23, 2016, 08:08:42 AM »

Thank you for the updates on Brittanee's case, SuzieQ.  I hope those responsible for her disappearance and most likely demise will be found and punished.  It's got to be so very, very difficult for her family.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #881 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/suspects-identified-in-brittanee-drexel-disappearance/

Suspects identified in Brittanee Drexel disappearance

July 14, 2016 by admin

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WCSC) –

A suspect or suspects have been identified in the disappearance and murder of Brittanee Drexel.

Brad Conway, an attorney for the Drexel family said he’s been told a suspect or suspects have been named in the case, but he declined to release any details.

Drexel vanished from Myrtle Beach in April, 2009 during Spring break.

Just a few weeks ago, the FBI announced they believe Drexel is dead.

Authorities say the 17-year old supposedly was heading back to the motel where she was staying, but never made it there.

The FBI says they have evidence Drexel was held against her will in three places, Georgetown, McClellanville and North Charleston.

It was in McClellanville where investigators say her cell phone pinged on a cell tower.

“Forensic evidence from text messages, from cellphones, all kinds of information that we’ve evaluated,” Crosby said. “The information that we have, that we’ve obtained through the course of this investigation, we do feel like she is deceased.”

Crosby said investigators need one key piece of information to make an arrest.

It’s something police don’t want to talk about yet.

FINALLY!!! Something!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: August 02, 2016, 08:11:12 AM »

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2016/07/brittanee_drexel_case_suspects_identified_in_2009_disappearance_of_rochester_tee.html
Brittanee Drexel case: Suspects identified in 2009 disappearance of Rochester teen
July15, 2016

A lawyer for the family of Brittanee Drexel — the Rochester-area teen who disappeared in South Carolina in 2009 — says police have named a suspect or suspects in the case.

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported that Brad Conway, the family's lawyer, told a South Carolina TV station about the new leads, but did not give any specific information.

The new leads come just weeks after police held a news conference during which they announced that they believe the Chili teen is dead. During the conference, they announced that the investigation was now centered on McClellanville, S.C.

Drexel was 17 in April, 2009, when she and friends went to Myrtle Beach without her parents' consent. She was last seen leaving a hotel on April 25, and police are investigating whether she may have been the victim of human trafficking, according to WHEC-TV.

"What we've come to discover through the course of this investigation is that Brittanee Drexel did leave the Myrtle Beach area," FBI Special Agent David Thomas said at the news conference in June. "We believe she traveled to this area around McClellanville and we believe she was killed after that."

Drexel's mother, Dawn, said the FBI did tell her that they have identified suspects. She remains distraught over her daughter's disappearance

Dawn Drexel believes Brittanee's friends know more about her daughter's disappearance than they have let on.

"For them to come back and not say a word, something happened down there and I'm not sure the way to connect this, but to me, I just think that they knew something," she said.

The FBI is still offering a $25,000 reward for information in Brittanee's disappearance.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: August 04, 2016, 11:49:25 PM »

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2016/07/brittanee_drexel_case_suspects_identified_in_2009_disappearance_of_rochester_tee.html
Brittanee Drexel case: Suspects identified in 2009 disappearance of Rochester teen
July15, 2016

A lawyer for the family of Brittanee Drexel — the Rochester-area teen who disappeared in South Carolina in 2009 — says police have named a suspect or suspects in the case.

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported that Brad Conway, the family's lawyer, told a South Carolina TV station about the new leads, but did not give any specific information.

The new leads come just weeks after police held a news conference during which they announced that they believe the Chili teen is dead. During the conference, they announced that the investigation was now centered on McClellanville, S.C.

Drexel was 17 in April, 2009, when she and friends went to Myrtle Beach without her parents' consent. She was last seen leaving a hotel on April 25, and police are investigating whether she may have been the victim of human trafficking, according to WHEC-TV.

"What we've come to discover through the course of this investigation is that Brittanee Drexel did leave the Myrtle Beach area," FBI Special Agent David Thomas said at the news conference in June. "We believe she traveled to this area around McClellanville and we believe she was killed after that."

Drexel's mother, Dawn, said the FBI did tell her that they have identified suspects. She remains distraught over her daughter's disappearance

Dawn Drexel believes Brittanee's friends know more about her daughter's disappearance than they have let on.

"For them to come back and not say a word, something happened down there and I'm not sure the way to connect this, but to me, I just think that they knew something," she said.

The FBI is still offering a $25,000 reward for information in Brittanee's disappearance.

I hope this is true!  it's been so long.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: August 21, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »

Truth Finally Comes Out About Teen Who Disappeared On A Trip In 2009
August 19, 2016

Authorities have finally connected the dots in the disappearance of a 17-year-old who went on a spring break trip her parents had forbidden her from taking.

In 2009, Brittanee Drexel snuck away from her home in Chili, New York, to take a road trip with her friends to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. She had told her parents she was just going out for one night, after they said that she couldn't go on the spring break trip, according to the Independent Journal Review. The teen went missing and had not been seen since April 2009.

Brittanee was last seen in a surveillance video from the hotel where she and her friends were staying, the Blue Wave Resort. Her cellphone's last known location was 60 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

The teen's parents, police and the FBI searched extensively for her over the past seven years. Police now say Brittanee was taken from Myrtle Beach to McClellanville, south of Georgetown, South Carolina, and held against her will for a few days before she was killed.

"After seven long years of waiting and praying for the return of my daughter, we know she is not coming home alive," said Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mother. "Brittanee’s life was stolen from her in a brutal and senseless fashion."

The lead investigator for the case said that "there has been an exhaustive amount of evidence in this case. The investigators are certain that this is what happened and I can't give you the exact details on that, but we are certain," according to WPDE.

Police have posted a reward of $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer.

The girl's parents say they want to find the location of Brittanee's body. "We need your help so we can find Brittanee's remains and bring her home and lay her to rest," said Dawn at a news conference on June 8, asking those with information on the case to come forward.

http://www.americanow.com/story/society/2016/08/19/truth-finally-comes-out-about-teen-who-disappeared-trip-2009?=asda

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: August 26, 2016, 10:21:23 PM »

http://www.cleveland19.com//story/32852259/report-fbi-says-brittanee-drexel-was-abducted-raped-killed-fed-to-gators#.V8Dhf_HyhkY.twitter

Report: FBI says Brittanee Drexel was abducted, raped, killed, fed to gators
Friday, August 26th 2016, 4:32 pm PDT

Charleston, SC (WYFF) -
A court document includes an FBI agent's detailed account describing a teen, who went missing in Myrtle Beach, as having been abducted, gang-raped, shot to death and her body thrown into an alligator pit in a swamp, according to a report in The Post and Courier.

Brittanee Drexel, 17, of Rochester, New York, disappeared during a 2009 spring break trip to Myrtle Beach.  In July, the FBI announced that their investigation had determined that Drexel was murdered.   At that time, the FBI told Drexel’s mother that a suspect or suspects had been identified.

The Post and Courier report says FBI agent Gerrick Munoz’s detailed account is based on a statement from a prison inmate who claims he was present when Drexel was killed.

Munoz testified that inmate, Taquan Brown of Walterboro, told investigators he went to a “stash house” in the McClellanville area in the days after Drexel was abducted, according to the report.

Brown reportedly told the FBI that when he went into the house with a couple other men, he saw Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor, then 16, “sexually abusing Brittanee Drexel.”

Munoz testified that Brown saw others in the room with Taylor and Drexel, and that when he was outside the house, Drexel ran from the house, was pistol-whipped, taken back inside and shot. Brown told the FBI that he assumed Taylor had shot Drexel, whose body was then wrapped and taken away, The Post and Courier reported.

The FBI agent said several witness told investigators that Drexel’s body was put in a gator pit so it would be eaten, according to the report.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: August 27, 2016, 06:06:57 AM »

We demand justice   

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #887 on: August 28, 2016, 06:29:50 PM »

I had to log on after seeing Brittanee's story headlining again. Absolutely tragic what happened to her and I do pray justice will be served. I'm sending prayers out to her family.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:27 PM »

This is just so sad.   People who did this are monsters.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #889 on: August 28, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »

How awful.   

Justice for Brittanee!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: August 29, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »

So terrible.  So ugly.  I can't begin to imagine the prolonged terror and pain Brittanee had to endure before being murdered. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #891 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:40 PM »

There are no words to express the horror this young lady must have endured.
I pray the Lord provided her with a comfort in her mind that was more powerful than what was happening to her body.

It still annoys me that her "friends" were and remain uncooperative.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:17 AM »

I pray the Lord provided her with a comfort in her mind that was more powerful than what was happening to her body.

Me too, Sister.   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: September 23, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »

Me too, Sister.   

How in the world can her so called "friends" sleep at night? 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: February 03, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/archives/police-reconsider-ties-between-brittanee-drexel-case-crimes-targeting-other/article_1404d11e-930f-58fb-9aa2-f26f4b58b2dc.html
Aug 28, 2016
Investigators have taken a fresh look at unsolved crimes targeting two other women as new developments surface in Brittanee Drexel’s presumed slaying.

The FBI recently revealed in court they suspect Drexel, 17, was taken from Myrtle Beach in April 2009 and held in McClellanville where she was raped and shot. The vacationing New York teenager’s body was discarded in an alligator pit, an agent said, citing a “jailhouse confession.” A father and a son from the town were alleged to have played roles in Drexel’s demise.

With that new insight based on witness accounts, and with other evidence they have gathered, investigators are reconsidering possible links between Drexel’s disappearance, the attempted abduction of a Myrtle Beach woman a year later and the 1998 slaying of Shannon McConaughey, 19, whose body was found in Awendaw.

In each case, authorities have developed suspects from the same McClellanville family, but none of them have been successfully prosecuted.

A jailhouse informant told the FBI that Timothy Shaun Taylor, now 43, shot Drexel after his son, Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor, now 25, sexually assaulted her at a home in the northeastern Charleston County town. Her body was never found, and nobody has been charged in her death.

The elder Taylor was questioned about the case after his arrest in July 2010, when he was accused of trying to pull a 20-year-old woman into a van in Myrtle Beach, just blocks from the hotel where Drexel was last seen. He insisted that he was elsewhere at the time of that crime, and police told news media that surveillance video helped corroborate his account. Prosecutors eventually dropped the charges.

Federal prosecutors have charged the younger Taylor in connection with an unrelated robbery in hopes of forcing his testimony against his father, a maneuver that Schmutz called “an unusual reach.”

The attorney said his client expects any case against him to falter, just as the other did. Schmutz stressed that the elder Taylor had been cleared of wrongdoing in the Myrtle Beach case.

“Of course, he denies any involvement” in the Drexel case, Schmutz said. “The fact of the matter is the result will be the same — no matter how many times it’s looked at.”

But Drexel’s father, Chad Drexel, wrote Monday on Facebook that more evidence pointing to his daughter’s killers will emerge, including her DNA that was discovered in a key place.

But he declined to discuss specifics with The Post and Courier, fearing further public details would compromise the FBI’s probe.

“This is only the beginning!” he wrote. “There is a ton more evidence and horrible info we would like the public ... (to) be aware of for their safety.”
The elder Taylor’s brother, Randall Keith Taylor, 48, was one of five men arrested in McConaughey’s killing.

The St. Stephen woman was last seen at a North Charleston restaurant in January 1998. Charleston County Sheriff’s Office investigators alleged that Randall Taylor raped and shot her and that the other men helped dispose of her body. Her car was burned in the woods near McClellanville. Her body was found months later.

Detectives arrested Randall Taylor and the four others in 2001, but prosecutors dropped the murder charges, citing insufficient evidence.

“We have looked at that case a number of times during the course of assisting the Brittanee Drexel investigation,” Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon said Monday. “We have not made many advances, but we have continued to revisit it as the Drexel case has unfolded.”

Since his release, Randall Taylor has been arrested only on misdemeanor charges, including giving false information to the police.

One of his former co-defendants in McConaughey’s death, Harry James Rivers, 45, was sentenced in 2012 to 15 years in prison for sexually abusing a minor.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: March 14, 2017, 02:09:22 AM »

3/10/2017 statements, etc.

http://crimefeed.com/2017/03/beaten-gang-raped-and-fed-to-alligators-the-shocking-story-of-brittanee-drexell/?sf61934266=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »

http://wbtw.com/2017/03/24/fbi-agents-initiate-new-search-in-georgetown-county-related-to-disappearance-of-brittanee-drexel/

FBI, law enforcement search in Georgetown County related to disappearance of Brittanee Drexel
By Jo Brown
Published: March 24, 2017, 2:09 pm  Updated: March 24, 2017, 7:28 pm

GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A new search connected to the 2009 disappearance of Brittanee Drexel started Friday morning just outside Georgetown city limits.

News13 reached out to Drexel’s mom, Dawn Drexel, for comment on Friday’s search, but she said she was unable to comment and directed us to reach out to her lawyer. Brad Conway, Dawn Drexel’s attorney, confirms officials contacted his office and Dawn Drexel about “investigative activity” in connection to Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance happening in Georgetown County.

FBI Supervisory Agent Don Wood confirms FBI agents are involved in “investigative activity” just outside the city limits of Georgetown. Wood says the FBI is being assisted by the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, and Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Joey Crosby confirms investigators from Myrtle Beach are also involved in the new Drexel search.

Unmarked SUVs, trucks, and trailers line a dirt road just off of Highway 521 in Georgetown County. FBI agents and investigators with the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office can be seen canvassing a wooded area.

News13 has a crew at the scene, but nearly immediately after arriving was asked to leave because the area where the search is being conducted is private property.

Agent Wood was not able to release any information regarding what new evidence or tip led federal agents to the specific area in Georgetown County. He also denied expanding upon what specific evidence agents hope to find in the area or how long the search would last.

Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson says even eight years after Drexel’s disappearance, tips in the case continue to come in to officials.

“It doesn’t go a week without hearing about different leads and things like that and um that’s been going on for a while,” says Richardson. “Of course, when you actually put boots on the ground, and start moving around, people start to notice, but we’ve been getting quite a few good leads.”

Richardson says the amount of police involvement in the Drexel case has been substantial and officials are determined to find closure for the Drexel family.

“In this case, we’ve talked to about, Berkley, Charleston, Georgetown, Horry, it’s multi-counties that we’ve already touched upon,” confirms Richardson. “We’ve been working with the federal government in this case; It helps clear up all those jurisdictional matters, and they have been great to work with.”

In June 2016, the FBI, partnering law enforcement agencies, and the Drexel family hosted a press conference in McClellanville to ask for the public’s help in gaining new information that could reveal what happened to Drexel the night she went missing. A $25,000 reward was offered to anyone who can offer information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the disappearance and presumed killing of Drexel.

During that press conference, FBI Special Agent in Charge David Thomas says investigators believe Drexel was taken from the Blue Water Inn in Myrtle Beach to McClellanville, and was held against her will for several days.

“We believe she traveled from the Blue Water, here, to this general area, and was here for several days,” Thomas said during the press conference. “We are confident in the fact that she was here.”

No arrests have been made in her disappearance. Drexel’s cell phone transmitted its last known signal the day after she disappeared near the South Santee River, between McClellanville and Georgetown.

Just two months after the press conference, in August 2016, court documents show an FBI agent testified in court that eyewitnesses say Drexel was taken to a stash house in McClellanville where she was gang-raped, shot after trying to escape, and her body was fed to alligators.

In those same court documents, the name Timothy Da’Shuan Taylor is brought up in connection with Drexel’s disappearance. FBI agents name Tequan Brown as an eyewitness who says Taylor and others sexually abused Drexel. Brown says he saw Drexel try to run from the house and she was pistol whipped, and taken back inside. Brown says he later heard two gun shots and assumed Drexel was shot. FBI agents say several witnesses told them Drexel’s body was then fed to alligators. Drexel’s body has not been found and Davis has never been charged in her disappearance or presumed death.

FBI agent Gerrick Munoz testified in August 2016 that he believes more witnesses will soon come forward to confirm Taylor’s involvement in Drexel’s murder, but as of right now, no one has been charged.

If you know anything about Brittanee Drexel and what may have happened to her, call Wilmington-based CUE Center for Missing Persons 24 hour tip line at (910) 232-1687, or visit http://www.ncmissingpersons.org.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:01:23 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/active-search-underway-remains-brittanee-drexel/4435225/

Crews end search for remains of Brittanee Drexel in SC

March 24, 2017 06:57 PM

UPDATE: The search has ended for the day in South Carolina.

------------------------------------------

An active search is currently underway in Georgetown County, South Carolina for the remains of Brittanee Drexel.

Drexel went missing on April 25, 2009 while on a trip in Myrtle Beach for Spring Break. She was last seen at a hotel in Myrtle Beach. Her cell phone was last pinged at a tower in McClellanville, South Carolina. Georgetown County is located south of Myrtle Beach and just north of McClellanville.

The search is underway in a wooded area in the county, believed to be linked to Drexel's disappearance. Police in Myrtle Beach and deputies in Georgetown County are both investigating.

Last year, the FBI renewed a push to solve the case, offering a reward and putting up new billboards, hoping to get new tips in the case.

Later that year, we learned an FBI agent had testified in court that a jailhouse informant had told investigators that Drexel had been kidnapped. The informant claimed that Drexel was held in a "stash house" in McClellanville by a man named Da'Shaun Taylor.

The informant claimed that Taylor killed Drexel and dumped her body in an alligator pit.

The testimony by the FBI came out during a hearing for Taylor.

WHECTV

Updated: March 24, 2017 06:57 PM
Created: March 24, 2017 02:26 PM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: May 14, 2022, 09:44:38 AM »

https://www.wfxb.com/2022/05/12/person-of-interest-in-brittnee-drexel-case-granted-bond-body-found-in-wooded-area-in-georgetown

Person of Interest in Brittnee Drexel Case Granted Bond, Body Found in Wooded Area in Georgetown
May 12, 2022
Tori Adams,
62 year old Raymond Moody of Georgetown who was once named a person of interest in the disappearance of Brittnee Drexel was granted bond for an obstruction of justice charge. Moody was arrested on May 4th but it’s unclear if the arrest is in connection to the Drexel case. As of this morning, Moody remains behind bars with a $100,000 bond. Also yesterday, law enforcement officers searched a wooded area to the west of Georgetown. Remains were discovered but at this time it’s unclear if they are that of Drexel. According to multiple sources, information on the case of Brittanee Drexel is expected soon but it’s unknown what new details will be released.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: May 14, 2022, 09:36:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/NoWonderlandTrueCrime/posts/pfbid029ExVVPDNYZQ8vb1EfL1FPnhfhwBnZBXMGX9JbXDmhbkSUXmgQ6AjnRQVbek699byl

Justice for Brittnee!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.