March 28, 2024, 09:50:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722156 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 28, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S899931.shtml?cat=565

Posted at: 04/26/2009 10:43 PM | WHEC.com

Updated at: 04/28/2009 4:05 AM

By: Lynette Adams

Gates-Chili student missing in South Carolina  

Imagine getting a call that your teen is out of town without your permission and missing. It’s the nightmare a Gates family is living.

Brittanee Drexel is 17 and a Gates-Chili High School junior. She went missing Saturday while on spring break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Her mother is asking anyone with information to please call 911.

It has been an exhaustive 36 hours for Dawn Drexel. The Chili mom has been in Myrtle Beach searching for her daughter. She says her daughter came to Myrtle Beach for spring break without permission. Saturday night was the last time anyone heard from her.

“Her boyfriend and one of her good friends are down here looking for her right now along with me and her grandparents,” Dawn Drexel said.

We came here to Gates-Chili High School to talk to people who know Drexel. However, we were told no one from the administration would be available to speak with us on camera, and security officers went so far as to divert traffic away from our camera. The district did however, issue a statement.

Kaitlin Cafolla and Brittanee have been on the Churchville soccer team together for the past six years.

“She's always been really nice," Cafolla said. "She's been on our soccer team for six years. Our team is really distraught over the whole situation.”

Cafolla says she's shocked by Drexel's disappearance. She says Drexel was happy at soccer practice. She learned the teen was missing when the district sent a text message to students.

“It was a picture and it described her and said that she was lost in Myrtle Beach and I didn't believe it at first cause she's always been here," Cafolla said.

Dawn Drexel is holding out hope her daughter is okay and will still be here.

“Brittanee please call mom or call dad. We love you and we want you to come home,” she pleaded.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S902677.shtml?cat=572

www.whec.com
Posted at: 04/28/2009 1:50 PM | WHEC.com

Updated at: 04/28/2009 5:22 PM

By: Kristen Ciaccia

Update on missing Gates-Chili student 

There is new information in the case of a missing Gates-Chili student. The Monroe County Sheriff's office is now helping in the search.

Seventeen-year old Brittanee Drexel was on spring break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. She was last seen Saturday night.

The sheriff's office is talking with people who were in contact with Drexel and have now returned to Rochester.

Dawn Drexel was handing out flyers in Myrtle Beach, hoping to find someone who knows something about her daughter. “Either someone has picked her up or she's not alive. In my heart of hearts that's how I feel because I know it's not like my daughter to do this.”

Drexel says Brittanee's boyfriend, one of her good friends and her grandparents are also in Myrtle Beach helping in the search.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/878060.html

Posted on Tue, Apr. 28, 2009
Myrtle Beach police still searching for N.Y. girl
By Tonya Root
troot@thesunnews.com

Myrtle Beach police are searching for a 17-year-old missing girl from New York, who traveled to Myrtle Beach with friends then disappeared sometime Saturday.

As of Monday night, police had no answers to where Brittanee Marie Drexel of Rochester, N.Y., might be, but said the friends she traveled with from New York already have returned.

Drexel was last seen Saturday after she left her traveling companions to visit other people at another hotel. Drexel never returned, police said.

A friend at Camp Lejune, N.C., reported her missing around 5 a.m. Sunday after learning she had not been seen, police said.

Drexel met a friend from New York and three men Friday at Club Kryptonite, according to a police report. She briefly met them again around midday Saturday on the beach, and again around 8 p.m. that night, police said.

The men said she left them to return to her traveling companions, who had a room at the Bar Harbour Hotel. Police said she never reached the hotel.

Police said Drexel, who is described as 5 feet tall, 103 pounds, suffers from depression. She was last seen wearing black shorts, flip-flops and a multicolored striped shirt. She is white, has shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information should contact the Myrtle Beach police department at 918-1300.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »

I just saw something in HLN. A teenager is missing on spring break in Myrtle Beach. I didn't see all the details. Anyone else catch that?

Ohh.. wait. Her name is Brittney Drexel.

New York Girl

Mother distraught -

Last seen with Peter Brosley??

Some tips from Ocean Front bar and Grill - saw her Sunday afternoon having lunch.

Brosley checked out soon after.

I heard about that
and I'm very interested in how it develops

the circumstances are very similar to NH

and, as we were told so often,
nothing would come of a case like Natalee's
if a similar disappearance happened in the US

so ... we shall see

MYRTLE BEACH - The mother of a missing New York state high school student has hit the streets with friends and family to find out any information that could lead to the safe return of her daughter.

Brittanee Marie Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Drexler’s mother, Dawn Drexler, along with other family members and friends spent several hours Tuesday handing out and posting flyers of the missing teen along Ocean Boulevard.

Police are also looking for surveillance video to try to piece together where she went Saturday night.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

Authorities handed out printed flyers of Brittanee’s picture to the beach’s watch patrol. Crews there said they are pretty heavily staffed at this time of the year, which makes it easy to do a search of any missing persons.
http://tinyurl.com/d7d85d

Webster, NY/Myrtle Beach - A young man from Webster has been questioned in the disappearance of a Chili teen in Myrtle Beach.

Police say Peter Broswick is considered a person of interest in the case. Broswick has retained a local attorney and is not speaking. Broswick was the last known person to see Brittanee Drexel Saturday night.
http://tinyurl.com/cyebg5

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »

http://www.digitalcruise.org/200904/brittanee-drexel-what-happened-to-brittanee-drexel/

brittanee drexel - What happened to Brittanee Drexel

Brittanee Drexel, a junior at Gates Chili, is missing. Her mother, Dawn Drexel, has appeared on TV to appeal for help to locate Brittanee. Mrs Drexel said she had a gut feeling Brittanee was not safe.

The mother of a Gates Chili student who has gone missing on spring break says she has a “gut feeling” her daughter isn’t safe.

Dawn Drexel is the mother of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, a junior at Gates Chili.

“Something’s wrong,” said Dawn, in an interview with the CBS affiliate in Myrtle Beach, WBTW.   “It’s not like my daughter to not call.”

Brittanee left for Myrtle Beach on Wednesday without her mom’s permission.  The teen has been missing since Saturday.  She was last seen by a group of friends around 8 p.m.

Dawn says she’s very worried.

“She would not have left without her clothes,” said Dawn, who said she and Brittanee were not arguing about her decision to go without telling her.

Drexel is described as 5′, weighing approximately 103 pounds. Drexel reportedly suffers from depression. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Person-of-Interest-Questioned-in-Brittanee-Drexel/5zvFR4OCL0q6etDkAADcFw.cspx

Person of Interest” Questioned in Brittanee Drexel Case

Last Update: 8:07 pm 

(Webster, N.Y./Myrtle Beach) - A young man from Webster has been questioned in the disappearance of a Chili teen in Myrtle Beach.

Police say Peter Broswick is considered a person of interest in the case.

Broswick has retained a local attorney and is not speaking.

Broswick was the last known person to see Brittanee Drexel Saturday night.

She went to Myrtle Beach with friends without her mother's permission.

13WHAM’s Sean Carroll spoke with Brittanee’s mother, Dawn Drexel, in Myrtle Beach and she has a message for Broswick: “Peter, we need to know what's going on."

“Brittanee is very special to us. We need to know what is going on. We need to know why the authorities weren't called. We need answers and we're not getting them,” Dawn Drexel said.

Drexel’s mother said about 13 people from the area are in Myrtle Beach putting up fliers and looking for her.

The Myrtle Beach P.D. has interviewed friends and others involved in the case in their continuing investigation. They said they’ve “attempted to gather every possible piece of evidence…video, cell…or other related evidence” in the case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »

Peter Broswick - person of interrest/boyfriend

http://www.myspace.com/peteybroz

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:35:15 PM »

Thanks for the quick research Klaas.

This has to be the fast "lawyering up" I've ever seen. Saturday to Tuesday? WOW.

And people at Ocean Front see her on Sunday having lunch according to HLN earlier. Is this an accurate report?

If so, she was not missing til Sunday afternoon or Sunday nite. (If accurate).

Again - Lawyering up in one or two days doesn't look good.

I'll have some time to look into Broswick and his clique tomorrow if no one else does by then.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »

First, I want to say, glad to see Rob back  Or I've just been missing him Wink

I was under the impression her boyfriend wasn't with her for some reason.  I thought she was in long distance contact with him from SC.

I must have missed something.  Imagine that 

What a Beautiful girl!   Very curious case.  A local NH case?   I hope not!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »

Thanks for the quick research Klaas.

This has to be the fast "lawyering up" I've ever seen. Saturday to Tuesday? WOW.

And people at Ocean Front see her on Sunday having lunch according to HLN earlier. Is this an accurate report?

If so, she was not missing til Sunday afternoon or Sunday nite. (If accurate).

Again - Lawyering up in one or two days doesn't look good.

I'll have some time to look into Broswick and his clique tomorrow if no one else does by then.

Rob - the correct spelling on his name is Peter Brozowitz
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »

His Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Peter-Brozowitz/593856487

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

Interresting post at the Insession board.  Looks like they have a couple of NY locals maybe friends of Brittanee posting:

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=352673&page=3

maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 12:08:55 AM »

I saw this earlier, quick work klaasend and thanks! let's hope she is found safe and tonight!!!!

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 12:35:48 AM »

I saw this earlier, quick work klaasend and thanks! let's hope she is found safe and tonight!!!!

I don't have a good feeling about this girl. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 12:45:06 AM »

Not a good feeling, either, Klaas.  Someone would have heard from a girl so young and in a strange town by now.

Praying for the best, however.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 01:19:23 AM »

Thanks for all the information....!

Say a prayer for this family.  This Mom knows there is something wrong. 

I want to say to Aruba.....this is what a Mom does....!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 01:21:32 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/04/28/britanee-marie-drexel-teen-missing-from-sc-spring-break/

BritTanee Marie Drexel: Teen Missing From S.C. Spring Break
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:31 AM »

Posted at: 04/28/2009 1:50 PM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 04/28/2009 5:22 PM
By: Kristen Ciaccia

Update on missing Gates-Chili student

There is new information in the case of a missing Gates-Chili student. The Monroe County Sheriff's office is now helping in the search.

Seventeen-year old Brittanee Drexel was on spring break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. She was last seen Saturday night.

The sheriff's office is talking with people who were in contact with Drexel and have now returned to Rochester.

Dawn Drexel was handing out flyers in Myrtle Beach, hoping to find someone who knows something about her daughter. “Either someone has picked her up or she's not alive. In my heart of hearts that's how I feel because I know it's not like my daughter to do this.”

Drexel says Brittanee's boyfriend, one of her good friends and her grandparents are also in Myrtle Beach helping in the search.

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S902677.shtml

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/04/28/ng.teen.missing.cnn

Teen spring breaker missing 3:50
Brittanee Drexel, 17, of Rochester, New York, went missing around 8 p.m. Saturday while on spring break.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »

In the video above from Nancy Grace.

Last person seen with her - leaves hotel abruptly, left $100 deposit at hotel, drove 17 hours back to Rochester.

+++

I have to think that the account from Headline News about a Sunday lunch time sighting was incorrect if her clothes were found at Broswitz's hotel room.

Possible that the people at the Ocean Front Bar and Grill have mistaken Brittanee for someone else.

+++

I think the police are correct to look at Broswitz as a POI. And here's the kicker. If Broswitz is NOT from the area how would he have knowledge of how to hide a body so well that no one has stumbled over her remains by now.

This would be akin to the Mountain Brook kids having knowledge and the lay of the land and able to hide Natalee so well that she couldn't be found in 3 days.

With the immediate departure and the fact that Brittanee has not been found I think it's possible that Broswitz MAY have placed Brittanee in his car and she is not in Myrtle Beach. Just a possibility and not a known fact. Just making the point.

I imagine his car will be impounded today if it wasn't last night.

Computer and cell records should soon be available to the police by court order. I can't see him escaping a serious interrogation beyond today.

+++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.