March 28, 2024, 02:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722137 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/04/28/ng.teen.missing.cnn

Missing teen's mother speaks 2:25
Dawn Drexel, mother of missing teen Brittanee Drexel, speaks out about her daughters disappearance.

**note this is a sub-link on the original link** Also from Nancy Grace. This link does not appear to have it's own link and can be added by clicking playlist.

Mrs. Drexel last speaks to Brittanee on Saturday afternoon. Brittanee is an avid soccer player and Mrs. Drexel asks Brittanee what type of cleats she wants. 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S904034.shtml?cat=565

Posted at: 04/29/2009 1:44 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 04/29/2009 10:11 AM

Webster man questioned in case of missing Chili teen

Police are now questioning a Webster man in the disappearance of a Chili teen, missing in Myrtle Beach.

Police are questioning 20-year-old Peter Brozowitz. He lives with his parents in Webster. CNN is reporting that he checked out of his hotel around 2 a.m. the night Brittanee Drexel went missing.

Brozowitz was in Myrtle Beach this past weekend with his [/b]friends Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings, all from Rochester[/b]. Drexel, 17, a junior at Gates-Chili High School, was in Myrtle Beach without her mother’s permission.

According to Brozowitz’s attorney, John Parrinello, Brozowitz met Drexel at a party last Saturday and was later at his hotel room with his friends. Parrinello says Drexel left his client’s room to return to her girlfriends’ hotel but hasn’t been heard from since.

Brittanee’s mother, Dawn Drexel, has traveled from Chili to Myrtle Beach to hand out flyers in hopes that someone has seen her daughter.

“Either someone has picked her up or she's not alive,” Dawn Drexel said. “In my heart of hearts that's how I feel because I know it's not like my daughter to do this.”

As for Brozowitz, Parrinello says he is fully cooperating with police in Myrtle Beach and with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, which is now helping on this case. He says Brozowitz is worried about Brittanee and hired an attorney because he has been inundated with calls from the media.

"It is certainly unfair to him if anybody implies or suspects him of having done anything wrong with respect to Brittanee,” Parrinello said.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website, www.whec.com.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

I readily admit I was no angel at 20 years old. But even so - I never checked out of a hotel room at 2 am (and by "check out" - I mean the proper way - returning the keys and settling any bill). Young Mr. Broswitz appears to have just split.

Someone wanted out of Myrtle Beach quite badly.

I'm this ->  now 

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 10:41:50 AM »

I readily admit I was no angel at 20 years old. But even so - I never checked out of a hotel room at 2 am (and by "check out" - I mean the proper way - returning the keys and settling any bill). Young Mr. Broswitz appears to have just split.

Someone wanted out of Myrtle Beach quite badly.

I'm this ->  now

^^^^ ha ha! I am not sure if we should believe that one...

anyhooooo....this kid did lawyer up really fast...in fact as of NG's show last night he had already obtained a lawyer...why? how did he hear about Brittanee missing so soon after getting home if he hardly knew the girl? would he have even given her a second thought once home? I heard about it the first time on NG's show and I have the news on all day when I am home usually...
another thing the mom said on NG that she and her husband were going through a divorce and that Brittanee was depressed about it...It didn't mention that the dad was down there searching for B...any news of that?
I think that you could be right Rob that this kid took B in the car with him and dumped her somewhere else if she did pass...I am holding out hope that she is ok...doesn't look good though..

The mom bothered me just a tad....can't explain it, but she did...her hair and makeup done up....not a hair out of place.......no nanners please...just sayin that she bothered me...too calm...too something.....

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »

Hi Cookie!!!

I kinda understand what you're saying about Mrs. Drexel. But, if she looks disheveled the haters immediately take that as a sign that she's an alcoholic or has some medical condition that CAUSED Brittanee to runaway. Kids unfortunately do split to the beach and don't tell their parents. It's easy to say that so and so is staying at some friend's house for the weekend or three days and the friend tells her parents the exact opposite. It appears that the kids are accounted for, when infact no one knows where they are. I guess this is as old as drinking at the beach. It's not right, but kids do it all the time and the way it sounded to me - Mrs. Drexel thought Brittanee was nearby and not in South Carolina. Parents fall prey to the ole switcharoo all the time.

Just sayin'.

+++

Hi to Di too!! 

+++

maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:16 AM »

Dawn Drexel's use of the word "tooken" bugged me~not the first time she used it because I attributed it to nerves and misspeaking her words, but when she used it again ugh.... someone please tell her the word is taken....
her calm demeanor made me think that she may feel this could be a stunt on her daughters part... let's hope the kid is attention seeking and not a victim of foul play.

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 11:28:37 AM »

Posted at: 04/29/2009 11:26 AM | WHEC.com

BREAKING NEWS

Missing Chili teen spotted on bus in Myrtle Beach

Officials in South Carolina say a person has reported seeing Brittanee Drexel on a bus this morning.

Drexel is the Chili teen who was reported missing over the weekend in Myrtle Beach.

She was there on spring break and was last seen on Saturday night. At this moment, police are investigating the report of the 17-year-old being on a bus in Myrtle Beach this morning.

News 10NBC is checking on those reports as well and will post any new information on www.whec.com.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S904641.shtml?cat=566

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »

Dawn Drexel's use of the word "tooken" bugged me~not the first time she used it because I attributed it to nerves and misspeaking her words, but when she used it again ugh.... someone please tell her the word is taken....
her calm demeanor made me think that she may feel this could be a stunt on her daughters part... let's hope the kid is attention seeking and not a victim of foul play.

Maureen....like fingernail on a chalk board right...? I noticed that as well right away...tee hee!

You know, I thought the same thing that she felt that it could be a stunt...but now it is too long without B being in touch with at least a friend I think....kids can't stay away from their friends for too long...

Hi Rob! I know what you mean about the kids telling their parents that they will be one place and going to another place...am sure it happens all the time! Maybe this will give kids a wake up call that it is not wise to do! doubt it though...at that age, we all thought that nothing like that could happen to us...sigh....so sad for B and her family....
The mom still bothers me for some reason...probably nothing....but you know when you get that hmmmmm feeling about someone?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

Officials in South Carolina say a person has reported seeing Brittanee Drexel on a bus this morning.

Drexel is the Chili teen who was reported missing over the weekend in Myrtle Beach.

She was there on spring break and was last seen on Saturday night. At this moment, police are investigating the report of the 17-year-old being on a bus in Myrtle Beach this morning.

News 10NBC is checking on those reports as well and will post any new information on www.whec.com.

this would be awesome if true! at least she is still alive then...hopefully it was her...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

Just another update on the bus sighting and minor wording changes.

Updated at: 04/29/2009 11:34 AM

Police in Myrtle Beach say a person has reported seeing Brittanee Drexel on a bus this morning.

+++

Differences -

Officials in South Carolina - BREAKING NEWS

Police in Myrtle Beach - UPDATED VERSION

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

Rob,

Thanks for that update but we know from all the false sightings in missing persons cases not to get our hopes up until it is confirmed. I wonder if the person had a cell phone and got a photo?  Probably not as it does not mention it.

And grammar would be the last thing on my mind if my child was missing.

Agree, the 2 a.m. checkout is very odd.  Most kids will stay until closer to the required check out time.  He would have only had two hours on the day and yet be billed for the entire day so that is very fishy.

I  hope that car is in custody even as we speak.  But think of all the miles and miles he would have had for disposal. 

Did he drive home alone or were all those other friends of his in the car as well?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

Rob,

Thanks for that update but we know from all the false sightings in missing persons cases not to get our hopes up until it is confirmed. I wonder if the person had a cell phone and got a photo?  Probably not as it does not mention it.

And grammar would be the last thing on my mind if my child was missing.

Agree, the 2 a.m. checkout is very odd.  Most kids will stay until closer to the required check out time.  He would have only had two hours on the day and yet be billed for the entire day so that is very fishy.

I  hope that car is in custody even as we speak.  But think of all the miles and miles he would have had for disposal. 

Did he drive home alone or were all those other friends of his in the car as well?

true and no disrespect was intended towards the mom...just one of those things that one notices.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »

Rob,

<SNIP>

Right Anna!! How many sightings were there of Caylee Anthony - granted many 2-3 years olds look alike. No sightings of Haleigh Cummings though - atleats not any that appear to be credible. And of course there is the Amy Bradley look-a-like at the brothel (although I'm sure that was not Amy and another woman altogether, the Bradleys aren't so convinced though) and of course all the Natalee sightings, but that was plain malicious.

I really hope this is her, but I'm not thinking that someone checks out at 2 am and nothing happened.

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 11:52:49 AM »

Rob,

<SNIP>

Right Anna!! How many sightings were there of Caylee Anthony - granted many 2-3 years olds look alike. No sightings of Haleigh Cummings though - atleats not any that appear to be credible. And of course there is the Amy Bradley look-a-like at the brothel (although I'm sure that was not Amy and another woman altogether, the Bradleys aren't so convinced though) and of course all the Natalee sightings, but that was plain malicious.

I really hope this is her, but I'm not thinking that someone checks out at 2 am and nothing happened.

Rob....agreed! also of Madeleine....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »

Teen-aged girls with long brown and blonde hair in Myrtle Beach cannot be a rarity.

But until we know differently, we can hope!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »

Rob,

Yes, "something" happened for why would he not have checked out just two hours earlier and saved a whole day's charges?  He could have kept his luggage in his car if that was a problem, etc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/search_for_missing_ny_teen_continues/46665/

Investigators track missing teen back to Myrtle Beach

By WBTW Staff Reports

Published: April 29, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH – Investigators are actively searching for a missing New York teenager who was reported to have been on a bus into Myrtle Beach from Williamsburg County this morning, officials said.

Brittanee Marie Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Several witnesses reported riding on the bus with her, Myrtle Beach Police Department Capt. David Knipes said.

Investigators also tracked her cell phone as it traveled out of Georgetown, Knipes added.

Witness said she was wearing pink hoodie jacket with MB on front left chest with a blue shirt under it and light colored jeans.

This morning’s search includes police officers and lifeguards, officials said.

The search comes as family members from upstate New York arrived at the beach to help in the search.

The mother of a missing New York state high school student has hit the streets with friends and family to find out any information that could lead to the safe return of her daughter.

Drexler’s mother, Dawn Drexler, along with other family members and friends spent several hours Tuesday handing out and posting flyers of the missing teen along Ocean Boulevard.

They went to businesses along the Boulevard looking for anyone who might have seen Brittanee Drexler inside their businesses.

The group received several leads and are working with Myrtle Beach Police Department detectives in trying to track her down.

One of those leads came from wait staff at the Oceanfront Bar and Grill, who said she was there on Sunday about 3 p.m., which would be the last known sighting of the teen.

Police are also looking for surveillance video to try to piece together where she went Saturday night.

Dawn Drexel says Brittanee is a junior at Gates Chili High School in Rochester, and was in Myrtle Beach with a group of older friends. Dawn Drexel says her daughter did not have her permission to travel to Myrtle Beach.

“I last talked to her Saturday around two o’clock. Her boyfriend spoke to her around eight o’clock,“ Drexel said.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

John Hahn a friend of Drexel’s family and a Marine stationed at Camp LeJeune, NC, contacted police on the family’s behalf to report her missing. Hanh drove down to Myrtle Beach to help Dawn Drexel and her parents look for the missing teen.

“I’ve been friends with Britannee for a really really long time, we are very close friends. I’m trying to pray for the best but prepare for the worst,“ said Hahn.

Hahn and Drexel both tell News 13 that it is very unlike Brittanee to not keep in contact with family or friends. Drexel added that she has a bad feeling about what may have happened to her daughter.

“It’s horrible because all I can think about is that someone could’ve taken her, someone could’ve taken her out of state she could be laying dead somewhere. She is my first born and it’s just tearing me up inside, I’m just very very upset,“ said Drexel.

“I know for a fact that she wouldn’t just pack up and leave, leaving all of her belongings behind and not calling anybody,“ said Hahn.

According to the report, Drexel was staying with a group of friends at the Bar Harbor Hotel, 1010 N. Ocean Blvd. Since her disappearance, the group moved to the Boardwalk Hotel, located at 2301 N. Ocean Blvd.

Authorities handed out printed flyers of Brittanee’s picture to the beach’s watch patrol. Crews there said they are pretty heavily staffed at this time of the year, which makes it easy to do a search of any missing persons.

“With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night it’s you know it’s very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature. We haven’t had any leads or any luck, we’ve been going up to different patrons doing pretty much everything that we can do out here to make sure she is not out on the beach or if she is we would definitely have found her by now,“said beach manager Wesley Cox.

“With the water being as cold as it is and temperatures dropping at night, it’s very unlikely that she went for a swim or anything of that nature.

Drexel is described as 5-feet tall, weighing 103 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length, straight hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored striped shirt, black shorts, and flip-flop sandals. She reportedly suffers from depression.

Police entered Drexel’s description into the National Crime Information Center database on Sunday.

Anyone with information on Drexel’s disappearance or whereabouts should contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

Stay with News 13 and scnow.com for more on this story as details become available.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 12:24:07 PM by klaasend » Logged
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

Where could she go that she wouldn't be recognized?  I assume any credit card activity would be monitored and she would not be carrying large sums of cash.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »

Where could she go that she wouldn't be recognized?  I assume any credit card activity would be monitored and she would not be carrying large sums of cash.

maybe if this is her - she was assaulted by the people in THAT hotel room (explains how her clothes are allegedly there) and she was so distraught she left?

I would call the police, but she's young and her mother didn't know where she was.

I'm still holding out hope this is her.

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.