March 28, 2024, 08:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: California Woman: My Father Was the Zodiac Killer  (Read 1926 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 29, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »

California Woman: My Father Was the Zodiac Killer
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
 A California woman has come forward to claim that her late father was the elusive Zodiac Killer and that she accompanied him on many of his shooting sprees in the late 1960s when she was only 7-years-old, KTVU.com reported.

Kevin Mclean, a California-based attorney, has led a 2-year long investigation into claims made by Deborah Perez that her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, was the Zodiac Killer and urged her to come forward when he heard that another investigator was planning on presenting another theory to police.
<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518404,00.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »

Woman: Dad was the Zodiac, and I can prove it

Kevin Fagan, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

<snip>
"I was a child and just thought I was helping my father," Perez said at a press conference outside The Chronicle's Mission Street headquarters, where about 30 reporters and 20 Zodiac buffs competed to make their questions heard over the roar of each other and city traffic.
<snip>
One of the most compelling pieces of evidence Perez mentioned was a pair of brown, horn-rimmed eyeglasses she says her father took from Paul Stine, a cabbie shot on Oct. 11, 1969, in San Francisco. She said she is turning them over to the San Francisco Police Department, and that if the prescription fits Stine's or is linked to the Zodiac in any other way - such as through a DNA match - it will help prove her case. According to accounts of the crime, Stine's body was missing his eyeglasses when he was found.

She also said she hopes authorities can find DNA on the stamps of letters that the Zodiac sent and match them to herself or her father.

Of particular interest will be the letter written in December 1969 to Belli, who died in 1996. The letter, filled with erratic punctuation and misspellings, begins, "Dear Melvin This is the Zodiac speaking I wish you a happy Christmass. ... please help me."

Perez said she wrote the letter at age 7 in an effort to get help for her father.

Investigators working the Zodiac case said they weren't aware of anything they've received from Perez, but they will look into her story.
<snip>
Privately, some investigators wondered if the timing of Perez's announcement had something to do with a documentary on her story that she is hoping to finish soon.

Perez's attorneys, however, said she came forward to help solve the crimes and to refute the claims of others, including one from a man in Pollock Pines (El Dorado County) who says his late stepfather was the Zodiac.
(more)
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/29/BAFA17BE9N.DTL&tsp=1

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.