April 26, 2024, 04:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My CFS Diary  (Read 15178 times)
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« on: May 01, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »

My police check came thru,  I was too sick last week to attend.  Now, on Monday, I have to be appointed, they will have a meeting to see if they will accept me (a girl  )  But, they already have, and my nickname is "Lethal"  My son did CFS, and became a fully pledged fire fighter at age 17, and had to get special government permission, cos he was under 18.  They passed him, and I will scan his certificate, but i might make a webpage and all those interested, I will give the log in and password.  I just hate google searches in my name or my sons.  Anyway, on Monday, they will tell me their decission if they want me, (and they really do) cos they are so desperate for volunteers, and they reckon I can do it all in 6 months, amd then, they will send me thru forensics.  Arson forensics, its not nearly as hard as people think.  I wont need to do that expensive 2 year law degree, I wont be a pen pusher, i will be in there sifting thru the rubble, Two years they said i can do it in, then after volunteering, i get paid money to travel and I should have enough knowledge to determine how a fire started, and sift thru rubble, find burnt victims, even that does not bother me, cos I have seen a lot of death and dead bodies when I picked up bodies for the funeral parlour.  It does not scare me, it actually makes me feel like I am helping the dead victim.  I will keep this diary going each week I go to CFS.  I know Im gonna start off at the bottom, but if anyone is interested, i will post everything i learned each week.  Love Luci.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »

Looking forward to hearing about every step of the way!
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »

thanks klass, every monday night, might be boring, but everything I learn, id like to post here, cos it will also help me go back and review.

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »

Tonight we learnt knots.  Figure 8 knot, Truckers knot, Reef knot, Slip knot, Sheet bend, and how to knot frayed rope so it wont break.  Homework is practising these knots.  I got my overalls and boots and torched hat too tonight, but they have to send my overalls back cos they dont fit.  We (me and three other newbies) need to do a  one week course seperate to the others who already have done it.  This is basic fire fighting and safety.  I have to learn to climb big ladders, use the hoses, just basic stuff I presume.  Then, a weekend first aid course, and then get my truck license.
Every Monday night, we have training, and learn more stuff.  This week, in the mail we will get a big manual and we have to study it.  Thats all I have done so far.  Got my locker and pager too.  After i have done these courses, i am allowed to go along in the trucks to the fires. 
There is a man there who is an ex AFP officer (Australian Federal Police officer), who also spent 40 years in the navy.  he has taken me under his wing.  I might need to be a fire fighter for two years, before i can even attempt arson forensics, but he says I can do it quicker if I keep up with all the courses, and pass the exams.  it is good fun, exciting and also I am helping the community.  I will update every week.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »

Very interesting Lucinda.  Could you explain a bit what CFS is and what they do?  I understand what you will be doing once you have completed courses, but not sure what CFS is.  Is it like a division of the Fire Dept over there or part of the LE?

I look forward to reading up on your progress.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »

Tonight we learnt knots.  Figure 8 knot, Truckers knot, Reef knot, Slip knot, Sheet bend, and how to knot frayed rope so it wont break.  Homework is practising these knots.  I got my overalls and boots and torched hat too tonight, but they have to send my overalls back cos they dont fit.  We (me and three other newbies) need to do a  one week course seperate to the others who already have done it.  This is basic fire fighting and safety.  I have to learn to climb big ladders, use the hoses, just basic stuff I presume.  Then, a weekend first aid course, and then get my truck license.
Every Monday night, we have training, and learn more stuff.  This week, in the mail we will get a big manual and we have to study it.  Thats all I have done so far.  Got my locker and pager too.  After i have done these courses, i am allowed to go along in the trucks to the fires. 
There is a man there who is an ex AFP officer (Australian Federal Police officer), who also spent 40 years in the navy.  he has taken me under his wing.  I might need to be a fire fighter for two years, before i can even attempt arson forensics, but he says I can do it quicker if I keep up with all the courses, and pass the exams.  it is good fun, exciting and also I am helping the community.  I will update every week.

How exciting for you!  Sounds like you are enjoying it too so I'm sure you will do very well in all your exams.  Be sure and keep us updated!
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »

thank you klass.  Dolce, it is CFS (Country fire Service) volunteer fire fighting. But they teach you everything, pay for your clothing and boots and hat, pay for your police check, pay for your courses, pay for your "getting truck license"  (now thats a fire engine truck), We volunteer, but they pay and teach us everything.  In six months, I can be fully qualified, and they can send me anywhere in the world, pay my costs, but I wont get paid any income.  I do however, gain experience all paid for by the state.  Two years max, then i can begin arson forensics, also paid for, but then, I get paid.  MFS = Metropolitan fire service, and they are paid fire fighters, all men in this area.  It is hard for women to get into this.  Thats all i have learnt so far.  Update next monday, and practice these frigging knots 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Very interesting Lucinda.  Could you explain a bit what CFS is and what they do?  I understand what you will be doing once you have completed courses, but not sure what CFS is.  Is it like a division of the Fire Dept over there or part of the LE?

I look forward to reading up on your progress.
Fire dept dolce

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »

I have been practising these knots, they look easy, but they are hard for a dislexic like me.  I am glad i have a week.  I had an idea I will send klass all my certificates (when i earn them) snd she can bake me a cyber cake.  But she can also post my certificates in here, see my name, then black it out. The only phobia I have in this world is balloons  and my dad   I am so terrified of balloons I cant enter a room with them there.  I actually faint.  Same as injections 
But send me out to a crime scene, pick up pieces of body parts, go to a nursing home.  Stuff wadding in the openings, im fine.  My dream job is coroner, but Im so old (44) dislexic, so Im doing it the best way i can. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »

I have been practising these knots, they look easy, but they are hard for a dislexic like me.  I am glad i have a week.  I had an idea I will send klass all my certificates (when i earn them) snd she can bake me a cyber cake.  But she can also post my certificates in here, see my name, then black it out. The only phobia I have in this world is balloons  and my dad   I am so terrified of balloons I cant enter a room with them there.  I actually faint.  Same as injections 
But send me out to a crime scene, pick up pieces of body parts, go to a nursing home.  Stuff wadding in the openings, im fine.  My dream job is coroner, but Im so old (44) dislexic, so Im doing it the best way i can. 

Yes, when you get your certificates let me know here and you can email them to me.  I'll black out your real name and stuff then post them for you!

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »

Thanks klass, I want to do this without me posting my real name ( which I will tell you)  , beadsinthewind  at hotmail dot com.  Im two steps away from blowing the australian justice system right out the water. 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

Iwill do thAT KLASS.  I had a big reply to this and lost it.  Yeah id love it if you would do that for me.  It is not that no one here believes me, but an Aussie website, said I was full of shyte.  That hit me hard, cos I dont lie, not about anything.  I might make weird posts like songs, but, yes, klass if i can send you news articles, I can, I have them all here, and for CFS, I am really doing it.  Some people out there are negative, but not me, I am an open soul, and I can prove everything.  I am as honest as you can get.  I am prolly too honest, I can prove every thing I have said in here.  The biggest part of healing is people believe in you.  I admit I have a few beers and sing, but thats me.  Either love or hate me.  O am me. 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »

sounds strange, I know but a suicide note Kate Bush Wuthering Heights (Im trying to work out the clues) 
Wed roll and fall in green.
You had a temper like my jealousy:
Too hot, too greedy.
How could you leave me,
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you. I loved you, too.

Bad dreams in the night.
They told me I was going to lose the fight,
Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering heights.

Heathcliff, its me--cathy.
Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Ooh, it gets dark! it gets lonely,
On the other side from you.
I pine a lot. I find the lot
Falls through without you.
Im coming back, love.
Cruel heathcliff, my one dream,
My only master.

Too long I roam in the night.
Im coming back to his side, to put it right.
Im coming home to wuthering, wuthering,
Wuthering heights,

Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Ooh! let me have it.
Let me grab your soul away.
Ooh! let me have it.
Let me grab your soul away.
You know its me--cathy!

Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Come home. Im so cold!

Anyway, its real, but makes me sound mental. 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »

ever had a man you loved with all your heart and life, and he was a basher?  Im Cathy, he is Heathcliff.
Bastard, I hate him its OK.   an angelic monkey

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

this is my thread.  I* hope I can post in here, songs that keep me alive.

Where you can hear the country song from far
And someone plays a honky-tonk guitar
Where all the lights will go out one by one
Where people join the sun
And the wind takes it away

Where the Mississippi rolls down to the sea
And lovers found the place they like to be
How many times before the song was ending
Love and understanding
Everywhere around

Chorus:
Mississippi,
I'll remember you
Whenever I should go away
I'll be longing for the day
That I will be in Greenville again
Mississippi,
You'll be on my mind
Every time I hear this song Mississippi rolls along
Until the end of time

Now the country song forever lost it's soul
When the guitar player turned to rock 'n roll
And every time when summer nights are falling
I always will be calling Dreams of yesterday

Chorus:
Mississippi,
I'll remember you
Whenever I should go away
I'll be longing for the day
That I will be in Greenville again
Mississippi,
You'll be on my mind
Every time I hear this song
Mississippi rolls along
Until the end of time

Every time I hear this song
Mississippi rolls along
Until the end of time

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »

trust me, I am sane. most you know, a murder and a suicide 2brothers.  You all know i am a victim of crime advocate, well, Brians murder and Joshies suicide, blown right out the water, and I have the whole families support, Australian law is about to be challenged, a book is being written.
Just remember Lucinda, Sounds like a devil Name, but it is a strong name.  Its not my name,Pook, Mary ann Boo, Tyke, I am not a fool.  I am very smart when it comes to killers.  Been there, done that, have the hatred to prove it. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 01:07:54 PM »

Lucinda - did you figure out how to do all the different knots yet?
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »

reef knot 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »

j/k  I can do them all, but the reef knot I can do real fast.  The others, I can do, but takes me five minutes to think of.  But I can do them. 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Playing with a can that he was kicking.
Then I walked across the street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the songs they were singing.
Then I headed down the street,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,
And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.