March 28, 2024, 03:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #819 5/17/09 - 6/10/09  (Read 320185 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #640 on: May 20, 2009, 02:29:01 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56790.php

Google translation:

Antilles

Satisfied with assistance for Curaçao

May 19, 2009, 15:49 (GMT -04:00)

Philipsburg - The Public Ministry is' very happy 'about the assistance it receives from Curaçao investigators, but must await the evaluation before deciding whether they can continue.

Investigators from Curacao and the Research Cooperation Team (RST) came in January to St. Maarten as part of a 'clean campaign'. The investigators helped to solve crimes and fifteen agents, the police of St. Maarten in exercising control and crime prevention.

Chief Public Prosecutor Taco Stein said that the values for the assistance. The authorities in St. Maarten and Curacao after the trial period will determine whether they continue to be deployed. "We are very satisfied," said Stein. "We would like them, but that is on the evaluation."
Stein said that the police may not be available for the long term. "We must see whether that is feasible," says Stein.

Since January, more than 25 people arrested in suspected homicide.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: May 20, 2009, 02:30:43 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Papiamentu/Google Spanish Translation:

minister is stra ahata cu owing to send local release

tuesday, 19 may 2009 - 16:46

eddie Briesen cabinet minister according eman owing to drive more of 18 miyon in tourism. Oduber cabinet is and have spent about 54 of miyon guilder. ahata now owing to cuminza as close door meetings and government do not achieve opportunity for enter in they. ask government is about is if his self is the only responsible for thirteen tourist. of attention is at the minister cu cu have some problem as hotel westin The.. come across

thirteen tourist!    Monkey Devil!

No, no, not thirteen! "pa trece turista" means "for getting tourists"!
The translation should be:
The government is asking it self if she/he is the only one to be responsible for getting tourists.

Thirteen = diès tres
(thirty = trinta)

Thanks Cageman!  I knew that couldn't be correct, but found it humorous none the less!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:50 AM »

Central Bank of Aruba Says Aruba in Further Economic Decline … Aruba Haunted by Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/05/20/central-bank-of-aruba-says-aruba-in-further-economic-decline-aruba-haunted-by-natalee-holloway/

Those in Aruba claim that the black cloud that surrounded the aftermath of the botched, incompetent and corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation has lifted. That it is safe to travel to Aruba. Really? Make no mistake about it potential tourists to Aruba, they can claim it is safe; however, when the time came to properly investigate a crime committed against a tourist, they did not.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: May 20, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »

Thanks, Red.  Good article. 

And yes, the bottom line is revenue generated because otherwise Aruba can continue to give away accommodation just to keep their rooms full and claim a higher occupancy rate than the true picture would present.

And Good Morning, All!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:39 AM »

Good Morning Jen!

Good Morning Anna...Long time no see...I Hope All is Well with You! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

Good Morning...Starr, cajun miracle, ksupon, Magnolia,and 6 Guests...I hope Everyone has a Great Day....I'll BBL! 

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »

Central Bank of Aruba Says Aruba in Further Economic Decline … Aruba Haunted by Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/05/20/central-bank-of-aruba-says-aruba-in-further-economic-decline-aruba-haunted-by-natalee-holloway/

Those in Aruba claim that the black cloud that surrounded the aftermath of the botched, incompetent and corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation has lifted. That it is safe to travel to Aruba. Really? Make no mistake about it potential tourists to Aruba, they can claim it is safe; however, when the time came to properly investigate a crime committed against a tourist, they did not.
Thank You Red.....Great Article! 

In God We Trust!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Pages 209/210:  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: May 20, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »

Hi Monkeys!
Janet, your last post just proved my point to a friend of ours  . The other night, we had dinner guests and got on the topic of Natalee because our guests are planning a trip to Aruba. They have heard of Natalee's case, of course, but don't ( well, DIDN'T, lol!! ) know much about the case except for the basics. Their main argument was that crime happens everywhere, and why attack Aruba for something that happens all over the world on a regular basis? I had already consumed 2 glasses of wine, and I never drink, lol, so I was having trouble putting my argument into words. Then I signed on and read your post and the excerpt from Beth's book, and there was my argument!! lol
My whole point was that YES, bad stuff DOES happen everywhere. BUT, the corrupt investigations, destroying and altering of witness statements/evidence, cover-ups, etc DOES NOT happen everywhere. In the USA, ( and I'm sure most other countries, but I can only speak for our laws) this case would have been prosecuted and over and done with. In most countries, corrupt police and higher officials are the EXCEPTION, NOT the RULE. JMO
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: May 20, 2009, 02:37:16 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56878.php

Google translation:

Minister of Tourism to get Ahata

May 20, 2009, 15:30 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Edison snort Minister during his press conference yesterday afternoon in which he also responded to the new report Ahata.

Oranjestad - Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata), its business back in order. It said Tourism Minister Edison breeze of yesterday afternoon during a press conference. The Minister has no good word about the latest report of Ahata where more active involvement of government and more money for marketing and advertising calls. In addition, the prices charged by the hotels are handled out of time and the relationship between the hotel association and his ministry last time bekoeld.

Snort wonders how it is pointless to even more money to pump into marketing. "This year, the government invested 50 million florin in marketing and advertising," said the minister. "The figures show that the government Eman in his reign never more than 18 million florin has invested." Snort asked during the press conference aloud or just the government that the hotels have filled with tourists. The minister was the main Ahata have to choose to ensure the marketing of the hotels. Snort stated that he no wishes to claim a part of the budgetary fund, after the large investment in the first quarter. "I voted against my colleague Minister Nilo Swaen said that I might back him will correct when BBO-money from the refinery later this year comes."

Closed doors
The relationship between his ministry and Ahata is not what it was, says breeze. "I do not know quite which direction they are currently immersed. We always have an open door policy with them but the last time they many meetings behind closed doors where we do not at present may be. We always act it out, and our budget is public and can be watched by everyone. "

The Minister of Tourism also manifest errors in the last report of Ahata. This report is based on a situation at five major hotels, but the conditions for each hotel are not clear, according breeze. "Each hotel has a personal situation. Some time shares, others not. In addition Radisson struggling for three years with a problem and the economic crisis, the problem only made worse. The problems that now the hand by Westin are a direct result of the economic crisis. When this so-called brand hotels in the spotlight, then you should also look at how these hotels are run. I also regret that where such reports Ahata be made by certain people from the commercial sector, then the report is that Aruba in the first quarter florin 100 million lost to gross national product. While the Central Bureau of Statistics and Department of Finance say that now number between 54 and 56 million florin lies. "

Value for money
Snort also notes that when making comparisons also looked to be exactly who the competitors are in the region. "Why do not the numbers of Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Barbados and the U.S. Virgin Islands in addition to those of Aruba. I therefore regret that Ahata not complete figures comes out, "said Minister breeze, which also considers that the hotels are not flexible enough to act to help cope with the current market. "The tourists now look mainly to prices and whether they have enough value for their money. Some competitors with different actions, as has Barbados even guarantee good weather. Is there a rainy day during your vacation, then you get some money back. In Aruba, we are on our prices and we are pleased that we can maintain these prices. But when occupancy is down you should not sit still, but action. "

Next Wednesday is a meeting planned between the Ministry of Tourism and Ahata in the building of the Central Bank.

bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #652 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »

I recently ( within the last 24 hours ) read a post either here or at BFN ( I'm sorry, I can't remember which or who posted it ) where someone suggested that some of us from each state/country have bumper stickers made with a phrase about Natalee Holloway, just as another way to keep this case in the public eye. For instance, Justice For Natalee Holloway. I think this is such a great idea! Just one more way to let Aruba know that we aren't going anywhere, and to keep the public interested in this case. I know for many people funds are limited, and I would be willing to pay for some bumper stickers to get printed out and mailed to a bunch of Monkeys and BFN'ers. Is anyone willing to help me?
Since there is NO WAY that I am willing to share my address on a public forum on the internet, I am assuming most of you will feel the same way. BUT...If someone trustworthy and well-known here is willing to get a PO box ( like Klaas or Janet or someone we know is legitimate ), then we could mail them to that person, and whoever wants one could private-message the designated person their address and the designated person could mail them out. Am I making sense? I'd be willing to pay towards some of it, so people could get a free bumper sticker in the mail.
Many of you Monkeys are great researchers and enjoy doing research...I do not enjoy that aspect of this case as much as I enjoy trying to think of ways to keep the public interested in this case, and to keep the pressure on Aruba. We all have our strong points, and I want to do everything that I can think of to do my part in finding justice for Natalee Holloway. Although bumper stickers won't solve the case, lol, they will help keep it public.
To whoever came up with this idea, I am going to re-read some threads tonight here and at BFN to try to find the poster who came up with this idea and I will post a link if I can find it. I am not trying to steal anyone's idea or thunder and will gladly give credit to the person who is the brains behind this really cool idea. If anyone else knows who posted that, please let me know!
Have a great afternoon Monkeys!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56877.php

Google translation:

Bijleveld: Aruba concerns me

May 20, 2009, 15:27 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

DEN HAAG - State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten of Kingdom (CDA) believes that further research is needed to the state of governance and the rule of law in Aruba. "I am with you concerned about Aruba." That woman said the government Tuesday to members of the Senate during a debate on the progress of the political process in the Antilles.

At the request of the Lower House has Bijleveld recent months to look at the state of governance and the rule of law in Aruba. That was following a week of the Dutch Representation in the public had come. Next week they will send a reference to the Court. "Ahead then I can say that a number of signals to me concern," said the undersecretary.

Bijleveld is therefore with the government of Aruba about further research. That would be up to the State is a scientific study should be, as the Scientific Research and Documentation Center on St. Maarten did previously. "The signs are worrying and we can not get anything over the table."
Also on the outcome of that review, the Secretary bleak. "I think it quite conceivable that after that investigation Aruba talks about joining consensus-rich laws. I would very critical and serious look at you because I am worried. "

Bijleveld hopes that research like that in St. Maarten three years. "But you are a half away."
In particular, the VVD and the PvdA expressed during the debate in the Senate raised concerns about the state of governance in Aruba. This finds its origin in a journey which the leaders were early this year. They told several times to be approached by Aruban citizens from all walks of life that concerns about corruption, harassment and mismanagement.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56876.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Netherlands Court finds Plant-deal unclear

May 20, 2009, 15:26 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The General Court of the Netherlands, the agreement between the Netherlands and Aruba over the assets of Plant Hotel unclear. There are conditions in the agreement, but if Aruba did not comply, then the money by the Netherlands not to recover, said the Court.

The conditions on September 29 last year a Memorandum of Understanding are committed to the spending of the amount of 108.8 million euros. Aruba should only consider investment and debt.

The Court considers that in the absence of definitions' investment 'and' debt 'and deadlines within which the use of money must occur. And there is nothing about a recovery is defined as Aruba this agreement fails.

The body recommends Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA) then the events in the future "clear and verifiable" to fix. The Secretary and the Minister of Interior Affairs and Kingdom have responded, as evidenced by the 2008 Annual Report to the Kingdom. The ministers are deliberately not chosen for recovery. This "because it is primarily not about aid, but the settlement of a matter in which both parties feel a right to have."

The Minister and Secretary of State indicated that it was agreed that Aruba on the Use of Plant-money half yearly financial report to the Government Ministers.

The epilogue of the Court show that the supervisory response of ministers is not satisfactory. "We regret that the Minister is not on our recommendation goes to follow similar agreements to be careful."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: May 20, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56875.php

Google translation:

Aruba

More bad things: Monitoring European election post

May 20, 2009, 15:21 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The rumors that members of AVP not only go to voters, but also help fill the ballots are still stubborn. According to Menno Bart of the Dutch Representation in Aruba (VNO), there is now no way to ensure a fair conduct of the voting process until the sealed return envelope for their services.

"The most important thing people should know is that polling is a letter VNO. We focus only on the receipt and review of voting evidence letter. It is not important how the process it is. Political parties have every right to their vote to give. "However, Bart on the fact that the signatures on the letter voting securities are compared with those on the registration forms that were completed a few weeks back. Letter Voting securities in which the signatures do not match will be declared invalid and are discarded. The stack of letter shelved voting evidence is ultimately sent to The Hague for investigation. "In principle we are not more than one channel," said Menno Bart.

The VNO spokesman is the largest amount of ballots already in post and are currently distributed. It is still a matter of patience. "I've heard on the radio that all ballots in the 25th on their address would be, but that message does not come from us." The first completed ballots begin by Bart already inside to drip slowly. Exact figures, he is not. "That we not." An error at the printer, a large number of ballots in sealed envelopes. According to Bart, the municipality of Den Haag acknowledged the error and there are new rules for the return of postal voting evidence. "There are two envelopes, a white envelope and a yellow return envelope. Normal is the intention that the letter proof vote in the white envelope is made and again the orange return envelope. Now it is possible to form it folded or in a separate envelope, torn open or in the white envelope in the orange envelope with your return. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56871.php

Aruba

The Cuba murder postponed

May 20, 2009, 15:16 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The murder case against Eric de Cuba has been done to June 19 at half past eight morning. This, the court decided on the request of the Public Ministry. Cuba is the one suspected of D. several times with scissors stabbed them. The OM has a shirt to a Dutch laboratory for research and would have received notice that the fingerprints were found on Cuba the garment. The official report has not yet arrived. For this reason, the postponement requested and obtained by the OM.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: May 20, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

Hi Monkeys!
Janet, your last post just proved my point to a friend of ours  . The other night, we had dinner guests and got on the topic of Natalee because our guests are planning a trip to Aruba. They have heard of Natalee's case, of course, but don't ( well, DIDN'T, lol!! ) know much about the case except for the basics. Their main argument was that crime happens everywhere, and why attack Aruba for something that happens all over the world on a regular basis? I had already consumed 2 glasses of wine, and I never drink, lol, so I was having trouble putting my argument into words. Then I signed on and read your post and the excerpt from Beth's book, and there was my argument!! lol
My whole point was that YES, bad stuff DOES happen everywhere. BUT, the corrupt investigations, destroying and altering of witness statements/evidence, cover-ups, etc DOES NOT happen everywhere. In the USA, ( and I'm sure most other countries, but I can only speak for our laws) this case would have been prosecuted and over and done with. In most countries, corrupt police and higher officials are the EXCEPTION, NOT the RULE. JMO

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: May 20, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56877.php

Google translation:

Bijleveld: Aruba concerns me

May 20, 2009, 15:27 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

DEN HAAG - State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten of Kingdom (CDA) believes that further research is needed to the state of governance and the rule of law in Aruba. "I am with you concerned about Aruba." That woman said the government Tuesday to members of the Senate during a debate on the progress of the political process in the Antilles.

At the request of the Lower House has Bijleveld recent months to look at the state of governance and the rule of law in Aruba. That was following a week of the Dutch Representation in the public had come. Next week they will send a reference to the Court. "Ahead then I can say that a number of signals to me concern," said the undersecretary.

Bijleveld is therefore with the government of Aruba about further research. That would be up to the State is a scientific study should be, as the Scientific Research and Documentation Center on St. Maarten did previously. "The signs are worrying and we can not get anything over the table."
Also on the outcome of that review, the Secretary bleak. "I think it quite conceivable that after that investigation Aruba talks about joining consensus-rich laws. I would very critical and serious look at you because I am worried. "

Bijleveld hopes that research like that in St. Maarten three years. "But you are a half away."
In particular, the VVD and the PvdA expressed during the debate in the Senate raised concerns about the state of governance in Aruba. This finds its origin in a journey which the leaders were early this year. They told several times to be approached by Aruban citizens from all walks of life that concerns about corruption, harassment and mismanagement.

interesting  Monkey Devil!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: May 20, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
8:45 PM

Hey, what about your tooth?  I hope you're feeling better!

Hope it doesn't hurt to smile!

Good Night Janet!   an angelic monkey

Texasmom

For the most part ... my toothache has settle down.  I am afraid if I eat anything ... it will start up again.  Lukewarm soup/tea is where it is at.  For one week ... I am on antibotics to get rid of any infection and Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling.  Then a root canal.  I guess getting older implies this is just the beginning of future toothaches and future root canals.

I am not a happy camper at the moment.

Janet
9:15 PM PT

I'm so sorry Janet!  I know how you feel, believe me.  Last weekend when my face started swelling, I called the emergency line to the dentist.  The lady that called me back said that the antibiotic shot I'd received on Friday (for the sinus infection) should have knocked out any infection from a tooth problem, so it may be something more serious.  She told me to go get medical attention for it so hubby and I spent the afternoon Sunday in Direct Care...the doctor there (without an x-ray or anything) was sure it was a tooth and wanted to take a scapel and slice open inside my mouth...he said it was the ONLY way to get the infection out!  I told him unless I was going to die before morning, I wanted to wait and go see my dentist.  THANK THE LORD!  My dentist couldn't believe they'd told me that when I went to see him Monday afternoon.  He changed my antibiotic (I'd been given one Friday to take by mouth too) and pulled my tooth on Wednesday before he left to go out of town.  I just finished all of my antibiotic, and had no other problems.

I will NEVER go back to that Direct Care clinic!

I had a miserable few days so I'm keeping you in my prayers!

((((Hugs)))) 

texasmom

On top of the sinus infection and toothache ... you really had a horrific experience.  I am thankful that everything turned out fine.  It is unfortunate that you had to lose the tooth.

Using a needle that was painless in comparison to the toothache ... my dentist did drain some infection and ... stated that antibiotics should do the rest of the job.  I do feel that everything is settling down but ... there is still a nagging dull ache coming from that area.

My hubby's sister is encouraging me to keep rinsing my mouth with aloe vera.  It is a yukky feeling swishing that jelly substance in my mouth.  SIL recommended 10 minutes ... three times a day.  I am also putting aloe vera directly on the gums and tooth at night time.

This too will pass.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.