April 27, 2024, 07:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #819 5/17/09 - 6/10/09  (Read 322495 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

Hi MuffyBee! 

Hi hotping 

I see you now, Artcolley     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »

Hya, Muffy!   an angelic monkey
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »

I often pull up the page here and then have to go off and do something and forget the page is open!
Its planting season here on the farm and I am busy with the greenhouse and the seedlings. I swear, they take more care than the animals right now and I don't do well with multi-tasking!   Monkey Devil!
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock!
Patience is a Virtue! Patience is A Virtue! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »

I often pull up the page here and then have to go off and do something and forget the page is open!
Its planting season here on the farm and I am busy with the greenhouse and the seedlings. I swear, they take more care than the animals right now and I don't do well with multi-tasking!   Monkey Devil!
Artcolley it sounds like You have Your hands full! 

In God We Trust!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

Did someone say Tick Tock?!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »

Aruba Four Years Later: Financial Impact
  Reported by: Kimberly Rankin
Reported by: Cynthia Gould
Last Update: 3:55 pm 

Print Story | Share this Story   

(CBS 42) Four years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, the story is still very much on the minds of the people of Aruba.

Evert jan van Versendaal has lived on the island of Aruba for more than a decade.  He came here to run a restaurant, but ever since the Natalee Holloway disappearance, he's seen the country he loves turn into the black eye of the Caribbean.

"There is still a little cloud over Aruba, and still people are going to doubt like I am not going to go there."

And it infuriates him.

"How many people are missing in Alabama?  Is there every day a big show in Alabama?  Is the whole world watching Alabama?  But now the whole world was watching Aruba.”

And then to add insult to injury, Beth Holloway's plea for a tourist boycott…Evert says only affected the innocent mom and pop shops.

"They were the first ones that were hurt.  The big companies, there were a lot of money behind the big hotels, they will survive.  But if tourism is down like 25%, that’s a lot with a small business.”

But it’s been four years, and Evert says the tourists have returned.  While many businesses say they are recovering from the Natalee Holloway situation, others say they are still affected, especially in this bad economy just like everyone else.

"Right now the business is going down.  We are in high season, but we don't have the high season in two years already."

Tony Matilda runs a small business on the beaches of Aruba, showing tourists there is more to do than lay by the water.

"I do the jet skiing, the water sporting, the para sailing, the jet skiing, skuba diving, snorkeling."

But it seems like in past few months he's done a lot less rentals and a lot more sitting around, just like many restaurant servers.

"They see that the place is so calm, no not that much business, and why it so calm.  I start to tell them about the economy and they jump at the Natalee thing.  I personally think its part of the economy and it has something to do with Natalee too," said Elston Peterson.

Peterson says when the tourists are here he makes $130 a day in tips.  When they aren't, a measly $20…  That's why Aruba locals hope that people learn from this tragic situation, and next time punish those responsible for the crime and not the entire country.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Aruba-Four-Years-Later-Financial-Impact/7geuMti81UaVpRrYgOEoOg.cspx

In God We Trust!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »

I do, but I love it, AND it helps me in the patience department   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »

Well there was a Natalee report on CBS 42 during the 5 PM News.
I forgot what time it was and missed all but the last little bit.  Surely Angelala or Loranin or Lalas saw it.

This is what I heard:  The people of Aruba are hoping that the next time something like this happens,
the government will go ahead and prosecute those responsible and not make the people of the island
suffer.
Tonight at 10 Jossy will be on.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »

Did someone say Tick Tock?!

Monkey Devil!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2009, 06:25:16 PM »

I do, but I love it, AND it helps me in the patience department   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

In God We Trust!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »

Good afternoon
 Keepthefaith, Helen Back, Magnolia, can, hotping, Debbie, cajun miracle, klaasend and 20 Guests.   

Hi MuffyBee!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2009, 06:26:54 PM »

(CBS 42) Four years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, the story is still very much on the minds of the people of Aruba.

Evert jan van Versendaal has lived on the island of Aruba for more than a decade.  He came here to run a restaurant, but ever since the Natalee Holloway disappearance, he's seen the country he loves turn into the black eye of the Caribbean.

"There is still a little cloud over Aruba, and still people are going to doubt like I am not going to go there."

And it infuriates him.

"How many people are missing in Alabama?  Is there every day a big show in Alabama?  Is the whole world watching Alabama?  But now the whole world was watching Aruba.”

And then to add insult to injury, Beth Holloway's plea for a tourist boycott…Evert says only affected the innocent mom and pop shops.

"They were the first ones that were hurt.  The big companies, there were a lot of money behind the big hotels, they will survive.  But if tourism is down like 25%, that’s a lot with a small business.”

But it’s been four years, and Evert says the tourists have returned.   While many businesses say they are recovering from the Natalee Holloway situation, others say they are still affected, especially in this bad economy just like everyone else.

"Right now the business is going down.  We are in high season, but we don't have the high season in two years already."

Tony Matilda runs a small business on the beaches of Aruba, showing tourists there is more to do than lay by the water.

"I do the jet skiing, the water sporting, the para sailing, the jet skiing, skuba diving, snorkeling."

But it seems like in past few months he's done a lot less rentals and a lot more sitting around, just like many restaurant servers.

"They see that the place is so calm, no not that much business, and why it so calm.  I start to tell them about the economy and they jump at the Natalee thing.  I personally think its part of the economy and it has something to do with Natalee too," said Elston Peterson.

Peterson says when the tourists are here he makes $130 a day in tips.  When they aren't, a measly $20…  That's why Aruba locals hope that people learn from this tragic situation, and next time punish those responsible for the crime and not the entire country.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Aruba-Four-Years-Later-Financial-Impact/7geuMti81UaVpRrYgOEoOg.cspx

This is probably true (see bolded above) Weren't there TWO tourists at the sign in Aruba last time we looked, rather than one or none?   Monkey Devil!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »

I forgot what time it was and missed all but the last little bit.  Surely Angelala or Loranin or Lalas saw it.

This is what I heard:  The people of Aruba are hoping that the next time something like this happens,
the government will go ahead and prosecute those responsible and not make the people of the island
suffer.
Thank You Magnolia..I can't wait to hear what Jossy has to say! 

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »

And it infuriates him.

But it’s been four years, and Evert says the tourists have returned.   While many businesses say they are recovering from the Natalee Holloway situation, others say they are still affected, especially in this bad economy just like everyone else.

This is probably true (see bolded above) Weren't there TWO tourists at the sign in Aruba last time we looked, rather than one or none?   Monkey Devil!
Yep...I believe both of the tourists have returnedMonkey Devil!

In God We Trust!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:26 PM »

suffer.

From Texasmom's work i think it's pretty evident,as long as your part of the Dutch Elite,and or a player in the underbelly of Aruba,the chances of you doing time for any crime is SLIM TO NONE....The Govt will never prosecute it's own..Be curious to see what percentage of the Island is related to someone in the Govt!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »

suffer.

This should be very interesting. I probably won't get it on TV , though, so will check here for a report on what was said.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2009, 06:31:04 PM »

suffer.
Thanks Magnolia.
I like that the people of Aurba are hoping the next time the gov. will prosecute.  However, why aren't they demanding it?!

I look forward to reading what Jossy has to say and thanks in advance for keeping us informed.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »

And it infuriates him.

Yep...I believe both of the tourists have returnedMonkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!
Probably Hotel help that they paid to pose there   Monkey Devil!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »

suffer.
Thank You Magnolia..I can't wait to hear what Jossy has to say! 

Me too, hotping!   I didn't see your transcript until I had posted.  I rushed before I forgot.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.