April 27, 2024, 10:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #819 5/17/09 - 6/10/09  (Read 322607 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: May 19, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »

Bastibro - we were having a friendly discussion.

I know Klaas and I am kind of serious about this . .
It`s a question that shouldn't be to hard to answer for a sincere new member.

I think it`s a normal question, being interested in someones motives. JMHO

Being a little sarcastic here Bastibro?  You are lucky so far (JMO). 

Hi Blue Moon, Trying to be friendly to me here? You`re doing a bad job

Darn it, made a boo-boo:  correction:

And good afternoon to you too!   Monkey Devil!  an angelic monkey

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: May 19, 2009, 06:07:54 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Bradysmom!    

Those are some hinky dancing boots TM.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »

CBS 42 in Birmingham is having another segment on the Natalee/Aruba story at
5:00 and at 10:00.  I just heard a tease that said.....why Aruba will never be the same.

The ABC station ran the story of Beth speaking in Texas today with footage.
Beth had on no eyemakeup.  She looked really different.

Thanks Magnolia!   

Wow, no eye makeup...I know how that totally changes the way I look!      

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: May 19, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Bradysmom!    

Those are some hinky dancing boots TM.

Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: May 19, 2009, 06:14:10 PM »

Good night DPJ.

Welcome to SM bradysmom!!!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: May 19, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »

Natalee Holloway case looms over aruba like a black cloud.

Tourism dipped 9% after the call for a boycott, but the island has rebounded and
tourism is back up to what it was before.  ( I don't think so)
Tourist feel safe but do not go out except in groups.

I think this report is BS.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: May 19, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »

Welcome Bradysmom!

Thanks Magnolia for the show info!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: May 19, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »

Tourism dipped 9% after the call for a boycott, but the island has rebounded and

If the tourists felt safe, why would they only go out in groups? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »

They must have spoken with Renfro for that info    We know tourism numbers are down due to the economy (at least).
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/special/story/Tourism-in-Aruba-since-Holloway-s-Disappearance/wFgpbx5OJUiFuf9uEgDDJQ.cspx

Tourism in Aruba since Holloway’s Disappearance
  Reported by: Kimberly Rankin
Reported by: Cynthia Gould
Last Update: 4:38 pm 

(CBS 42) It’s been four years since Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba.  The negative attention from that tragedy put a serious dent in the island nation's prime industry: Tourism.

“Don’t worry, be happy…” It’s kind of the theme song for island paradise get-aways.  But with the Natalee Holloway tragedy looming over Aruba like a black cloud, are vacationers feeling the care-free vibe?

Tourist Evelyn Nedeau said, "Not worried about a thing.  First impression, it is beautiful, it is safe, the weather is gorgeous.  The beach is phenomenal."

"We have a certain affinity for the island.  We know there are decent people here…hardworking and industrious," said Ron Conway.

And tourism has begun to re-build in Aruba, the Natalee Holloway affect has weakened and cruise ships and planes have begun to dock and descend on this destination.

"We come here every year, last year we came here twice. We bring our kids here," said Donna Nedeau.

"It was very unfortunate and our hearts go out to her family, but it didn't stop us from coming out and having some fun," said Joe Boccuti.

Tourists say they feel safe on the island of Aruba.  In fact they feel so safe they have no problem walking down the street at two or three in the morning as long as they are with a good group of friends.

"We stay together, we walk together and that's how we do it," said Evelyn Viera.

70% of Aruba’s tourism comes from the U.S.  And while many pray for the conclusion of Natalee Holloway’s case, they understand her death was an island aberration.

"Anywhere you go something can happen.  Bad things happen in all different places, but you can't let it stop you from going to wonderful places, and this is really a great place," said Boccuti.

According to a Caribbean travel Web site, tourism dipped more than 9% after Beth Holloway's plea for an island boycott.  Since then those numbers have rebounded, returning U.S. dollars to the pockets of Aruba locals who rely on tourism to feed their families.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »

Here is the transcript from CBS42

Tourism in Aruba since Holloway’s Disappearance

Reported by: Kimberly Rankin
Reported by: Cynthia Gould
Last Update: 4:38 pm 

It’s been four years since Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba.  The negative attention from that tragedy put a serious dent in the island nation's prime industry: Tourism.

“Don’t worry, be happy…” It’s kind of the theme song for island paradise get-aways.  But with the Natalee Holloway tragedy looming over Aruba like a black cloud, are vacationers feeling the care-free vibe?

Tourist Evelyn Nedeau said, "Not worried about a thing.  First impression, it is beautiful, it is safe, the weather is gorgeous.  The beach is phenomenal."

"We have a certain affinity for the island.  We know there are decent people here…hardworking and industrious," said Ron Conway.

And tourism has begun to re-build in Aruba, the Natalee Holloway affect has weakened and cruise ships and planes have begun to dock and descend on this destination.

"We come here every year, last year we came here twice. We bring our kids here," said Donna Nedeau.

"It was very unfortunate and our hearts go out to her family, but it didn't stop us from coming out and having some fun," said Joe Boccuti.

Tourists say they feel safe on the island of Aruba.  In fact they feel so safe they have no problem walking down the street at two or three in the morning as long as they are with a good group of friends.

"We stay together, we walk together and that's how we do it," said Evelyn Viera.

70% of Aruba’s tourism comes from the U.S.  And while many pray for the conclusion of Natalee Holloway’s case, they understand her death was an island aberration.

"Anywhere you go something can happen.  Bad things happen in all different places, but you can't let it stop you from going to wonderful places, and this is really a great place," said Boccuti.

According to a Caribbean travel Web site, tourism dipped more than 9% after Beth Holloway's plea for an island boycott.  Since then those numbers have rebounded, returning U.S. dollars to the pockets of Aruba locals who rely on tourism to feed their families.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

Wonder if this is the Joe Boccuti in the article 

http://www.meetup.com/members/4545269/
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: May 19, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »

I totally agree Mags.  Total BS.  They still cannot get the story straight.  Guess we need to ratchet it up a little more.   Monkey Devil!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: May 19, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

Maybe he was in Aruba to perform at Alex Mathew's new brothel. Monkey Devil!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »

sounds like Aruba PAID him to come to their beautiful island and speak up for them.   Monkey Devil!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: May 19, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

Mother of Natalee Holloway to speak at Austin High
By Laura Heinauer | Monday, May 18, 2009, 09:01 AM

Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, the Birmingham, Ala., woman who disappeared in 2005 while on a senior graduation trip in Aruba, will speak to an assembly at Austin High School today.

The assembly will be at 11 a.m. in the Performing Arts Center at the school, located at 1715 W. Cesar Chavez.

District officials said Holloway has been visiting high schools around the country to urge students to be cautious when traveling.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/education/entries/2009/05/18/mother_of_natalee_holloway_to.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: May 19, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »

UPDATE

WATCH: Mother warns Austin students about travel dangers
10:07 PM CDT on Monday, May 18, 2009
By TOM HARRIS
KVUE News

It's been almost four years since high school senior Natalee Holloway disappeared off the island of Aruba. It's a story that captured worldwide attention.

Beth Holloway, mother of the missing girl, travels the US warning students about the dangers when traveling abroad. She spent the morning at Austin High School.

Holloway believes her daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered. She says it's a tough story to tell, but one that high school students need to hear.

"There is a real connection. I think they can see themselves in Natalee's shoes, and I think they can also see me as their parent," she said.

Holloway says she is not discouraging the students from traveling. She just wants them to always have a plan and stick together.

Austin High Student Kellie Dashiell was listening.

"I think it's important because whenever people my age travel, they never expect something like that to happen," Dashiell said.

Austin High student Courtney Upstatd says it's a good message to hear.

"We went to Costa Rica for a month without parents. It is a completely different atmosphere than America and you just really need to be aware of your surroundings," said Upstatd.

It was the Austin High School parents who brought Holloway in to talk to their kids.

"Who would have ever thought that with a group of hundred students, chaperoned... that something like this could happen. Parents never want to get that phone call," said Christi Davidson, who has a son at the school.

Holloway says she may never get justice for Natalee's death, but she wants to help others.

"They are always very appreciative and will come up to me just to say thank you. They say it gives them a whole new perspective on how they want to live their lives," Holloway said.

Austin High School students gave Holloway a standing ovation at the end of her presentation

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/051809kvue_Holloway_talk-cb.170a9b37.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: May 19, 2009, 06:41:26 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Papiamentu/Google Spanish Translation:

minister is stra ahata cu owing to send local release

tuesday, 19 may 2009 - 16:46

eddie Briesen cabinet minister according eman owing to drive more of 18 miyon in tourism. Oduber cabinet is and have spent about 54 of miyon guilder. ahata now owing to cuminza as close door meetings and government do not achieve opportunity for enter in they. ask government is about is if his self is the only responsible for thirteen tourist. of attention is at the minister cu cu have some problem as hotel westin The.. come across

thirteen tourist!    Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: May 19, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »

Monkey Devil!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: May 19, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

Video from last night:

http://www.cbs42.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=12326@wiat.dayport.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.