April 27, 2024, 12:30:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #819 5/17/09 - 6/10/09  (Read 322662 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: May 21, 2009, 09:10:05 AM »

http://www.taylordailypress.net/articles/2009/05/20/news/news06.txt

Holloway speech moves students, parents

By Jason Schaefer

It was a tearful, moving experience for many in the crowd and a great source of good information about travel safety.

Beth Holloway, the mother of missing and presumed dead Natalee Holloway who disappeared in Aruba in 2005, visited Taylor High School Monday morning to present her story to students and give her perspective on the importance of travel safety.

The presentation went well, captivating the audience of teenagers so much “you could have heard a pin drop in the auditorium,” THS Principal Kim Mason said.

“I thought it was just wonderful,” Mason said. “It was sad to hear, but from her own heart and in her own words, it was a truly amazing experience.“

THS Counselor Marilyn Tennill described the presentation as “powerful and informative,” and the advice something that the students truly can use.

One of the most touching moments to Tennill was Holloway’s description of the religious experience that drove her to accept the loss of her daughter and move on to inform the public.

While she was in Aruba searching for her daughter, Holloway told the audience, she was riding in a taxi and felt compelled to go to a church and pray. She told the driver to take her to the nearest church.

The driver took her to a path that led up to a local church, upon which there were five crosses. Holloway began along the path, stopping at each cross to pray, and when she reached the fifth cross, she suddenly felt at peace, and she knew her daughter was with God, Holloway said.

“The story brought everybody to tears,” Tennill said.

Following the story, Holloway gave a few tips on how to stay safe while traveling, the kind that is “valuable internationally, but also on 6th Street in Austin,” Tennill said.

Freshman Trey Fitzgerald learned to be more careful, he said, to watch his surroundings, to never leave a drink unattended and exposed, and to never get into a car with someone you don’t know.

“It was pretty emotional,” junior Gerald Dobbs said. “It reminded me of the movie ‘Taken,’ and it reminds you that the structure of some countries isn’t the same as we have here.”

Senior Seth Marcon thought just getting Holloway to come out to Taylor was a great feat, he said.

“It’s good we get the opportunity to have somebody that had that kind of experience,” Marcon said.

“I’m honored to have the opportunity to come out to Taylor,” Holloway said. “What I try to convey is that personal safety all boils down to a plan, and that it’s their responsibility to have their own plan to make sure they are always safe.”

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!   

Helen Back,
I've been wondering if you emailed any of the Dutch Parliament members about the article regarding the oil contracts?

Please let us know if you did and if you hear anything!

Sorry Texasmom, I wandered off for a while.

I have written to two of my favorites.  They are my favorites because they have responded in the past, so I'll let you know.   

Secret contracts, secret meetings, all point to the corruption that is the continuing theme. 

Good morning monkeys.   

Helen Back

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #702 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Monkeys and Guests!

Thanks Helen Back...Please let Us know if and when You hear anything back about those oil contracts..... 

Have a Great Day Everyone!   

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: May 21, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »

Video of Beth speaking:

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/05/19/Natalee-Holloways-mom-warns/1242745639.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: May 21, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »

She sure is a beautiful woman.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #705 on: May 21, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

Thanks Klaas for the article and the video!   

I wish I could have gone to hear her speak.  I'm very proud of the Austin High School's student body...the respect that was shown for Beth with their standing ovation is very heart warming!

I also agree with Edward...Beth is a very beautiful woman...inside and out. 

JMO

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »

I'm not sure if this is about the same "oil contracts" that we read about in the article a few days ago or not....but I think it may be!

http://news.laprensacur.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1926:prome-minister-lo-habri-buki-staten-ta-reuni-ku-porta-sera-riba-kontrakt-petrolero&catid=34:politika&Itemid=56

Original Text

Promé minister lo habri buki: Staten ta reuní ku porta será riba kontrakt petrolero!       

Written by Administrator     

Tuesday, 19 May 2009 00:00 

WILLEMSTAD - Parlamentu antiano lo reuní awe ku porta será, pa asina gobičrnu por duna miembronan di e kolegio aki e  informashon nesesario relashoná ku e trámitenan ku gobičrnu ta hasiendo pa weta si tin rikesa mineral den nos supsuela.

T’asina ku frakshon di partido MAN den Staten pa basta dia kaba ke sa kon ta para ku e asuntu aki. Te awe, despues di vários petishon e frakshon ainda no por hańa dokumentonan importante ku el a pidi relashoná ku eventual presensia di rikesa mineral den nos awanan teritorial. Dia 2 di aprel a manda un karta pa gobičrnu, solisitando mas klaridat i pidiendo e dokumentonan konserní.

Mi no ta spera tin nada di skonde, asina ingeniero Dwigno Puriel a agregá na e okashon ei.

Frakshon di MAN ta argumentá ku gobičrnu no ta dunando sufisiente informashon anto hustamente na Staten, ku ta e órgano di mas haltu di pais.

Notabel tabata ku durante tratamentu di e tema aki dia 5 di mei último, miembronan di koalishon no a hiba palabra. Tabatin solamente dos miembro di oposishon ku a hasi esaki, ku ta Dwigno Puriel i mr. Glenn Camelia.

“No ta korekto pa bin ku asuntu ku tin zeta. Nos no a pasa ni sikiera e lei ainda, te pa duna kompania libanes, hapones, chines ňf iranes opshon pa bora, ”segun e promé minister di Antia Emily de Jongh-Elhage a bisa durante e reunion.

Loke si a sosodé ta, ku na 1983, e promé minister di e tempu ei (Don Martina, red) a duna opshon pa bora, en buska di petroli, el a agregá.

E promé investigashon ku tabatin riba e tereno aki ta data di 1981, el a agregá.

Tanten ku mi bisa ku e informashon ta konfidenshal, mester sińa respetá esei.

E promé minister a splika ku e lei riba boramentu den awanan teritorial ta kasi kla. Lo atendé den futuro, ora Antia no t’ei mas, meskos ku a atendé repartishon di bienes, el a sigurá.

El a  bisa tambe, ku tin hopi pais na mundu ku a bora, pero ku a hańa nada. Na Sürnam nan a bora mas di 800 biaha kaba, na Cuba mas di 500 biaha. Asina tin masha hopi pais mas ku a buska. Nos no mester krea ekspektativa falsu, el a agregá.

Finalmente e promé mandatario di Antia a anunsiá, ku si Staten ke, e por presentá den un reunion ku porta será i duna miembronan chčns di weta sierto dokumento, un proposishon ku parlamentu a aseptá mesora.

E reunion ei pues ta tuma lugá awe den sala di parlamentu di Antia.

Papiamentu translation:

ayá minister will open buki: staten is reuní with door será on kontrakt petrolero!

written by administrator

tuesday, 19 may 2009 00:00 willemstad - parlamentu antillean will reuní today with door será, for so gobičrnu can give miembronan of the kolegio here the information necessary relashoná with the trámitenan with gobičrnu is hasiendo for consider if have abundance mineral in we supsuela. t’asina with fraction of faction hand in staten for enough day finish want know how is stop with the affair here. till today, after of vários petishon the fraction still not can find dokumentonan important with past owing to ask relashoná with eventual presence of abundance mineral in we awanan teritorial. day 2 of april owing to send one letter for gobičrnu, solisitando more klaridat and pidiendo the dokumentonan konserní. my do not wait for have nothing of skonde, so engineer dwigno puriel owing to add at the okashon there. fraction of hand is maintain with gobičrnu do not dunando enough information then just at staten, with is the órgano of more high of country. notabel was with during tratamentu of the exercise here day 5 of half last, miembronan of koalishon not owing to take away word. had only two acolyte of oposishon with owing to make this, with is dwigno puriel and mr. glenn camelia. “no is correct for come with affair with have oil. we not owing to happen neither sikiera the law still, till for give kompania libanes, japanese, chinese or iranes opshon for bore, ”segun the ayá minister of antilles emily de jongh-elhage owing to tell during the meeting. thing if owing to happen is, with at 1983, the ayá minister of the time there (don martina, red) owing to give opshon for bore, provided that look for of petroli, past owing to add. the ayá investigation with had on the territory here is data of 1981, past owing to add. adieu with my tell with the information is konfidenshal, have to learn respect that. the ayá minister owing to splika with the law on boramentu in awanan teritorial is almost ready. will atendé in future, hour antilles not t’ei more, meskos with owing to atendé repartishon of bienes, past owing to affirm. past owing to tell also, with have much country at world with owing to bore, but with owing to find nothing. at surinamese they owing to bore more of 800 trip finish, at cuba more of 500 trip. so have very much country more with owing to look for. we not have to create ekspektativa false, past owing to add. finalmente the ayá mandatario of antilles owing to anunsiá, with if staten want, the can act in one meeting with door será and give miembronan chance of consider sierto document, one offer with parlamentu owing to accept at once. the meeting there then is take place today in sitting-room of parlamentu of antilles. come across

Google Spanish Translation:

aya minister will open Buki: staten is met with kontrakt door will be on oil!

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 19 may 2009 00:00 Willemstad - parlamentu Antillean door will be met with today, so for gobičrnu can give miembronan of the kolegio here with the information necessary relashoná the trámitenan with gobičrnu is for hasiendo consider if mineral in abundance have we supsuela. faction with t'asina fraction of hand in staten enough for day finish want know how is the affair with stop here. till today, after several of the fraction petishon still can not find dokumentonan important with past owing to ask relashoná with possible presence of mineral abundance in Awana we territorial. day 2 of april owing to send one letter for gobičrnu, solisitando more klaridat and asking the dokumentonan konserní. do not wait for my have nothing of Skond, so engineer dwigno puriel owing to add at the okashon there. fraction of hand with gobičrnu do is maintain dunando not enough information then just at State, with is the body of country of more high. notabel was with during tratamentu of the exercise here last half of day 5, miembronan of koalishon not owing to take away word. had only two acolyte of oposishon with owing to make this, and with puriel is dwigno mr. glenn camellia. "Is not correct for affair with have come with oil. we not happen owing to the law neither sikiera still, till for Kompania give Lebanese, japanese, chinese or iran for opshon bore, "said the minister of aya antilles Emily de Jongh-Elhage owing to tell during the meeting. if owing thing to happen is, with at 1983, the aya minister of the time there (don martina, network) owing to give opshon for bore, provided that look for of Petroli, past owing to add. aya had with the investigation on the territory of 1981 data is here, past owing to add. tell with my adieu with the information is konfidenshal, have to learn respect that. owing to the minister aya splika with the law on territorial boramentu in Awana is almost ready. will in future care of, not t'ei hour antilles more, owing to meskos with repartishon takes care of property, past owing to affirm. past owing to tell also, with have much country at world with owing to bore, but with owing to find nothing. at Surinamese they bore more owing to finish trip of 800, at 500 more of cuba trip. have so very much more with country owing to look for. we have not to create false ekspektativa, past owing to add. finally the president of aya antilles owing to anunsiá, with staten if want, can act in the meeting with one door and will give chance miembronan consider desert of document, with one offer parlamentu owing to accept at once. then there is the meeting take place today in the sitting-room of parlamentu of antilles. come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: May 21, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,28/?g2_itemId=939452

Soul Beach 2009 Daytime Event @ Moomba Beach 21Mei

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: May 21, 2009, 09:08:48 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,28/?g2_itemId=939452

Soul Beach 2009 Daytime Event @ Moomba Beach 21Mei

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Wonder where he got that shirt with the pictures of him and his buddies on it!    Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: May 21, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,28/?g2_itemId=932940

Cream @ Confession Night Club 16Mei (Alex Croes)

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

Son of Mark Purcell - Myspace

Credit: Klaas

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: May 21, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: May 21, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_56878.php

Aruba
Minister of Tourism to get Ahata
May 20, 2009, 15:30 (GMT -04:00)

Edison snort Minister during his press conference yesterday afternoon in which he also responded to the new report Ahata.

Oranjestad - Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata), its business back in order. It said Tourism Minister Edison breeze of yesterday afternoon during a press conference. The Minister has no good word about the latest report of Ahata where more active involvement of government and more money for marketing and advertising calls. In addition, the prices charged by the hotels are handled out of time and the relationship between the hotel association and his ministry last time bekoeld.

Snort wonders how it is pointless to even more money to pump into marketing. "This year, the government invested 50 million florin in marketing and advertising," said the minister. "The figures show that the government Eman in his reign never more than 18 million florin has invested." Snort asked during the press conference aloud or just the government that the hotels have filled with tourists. The minister was the main Ahata have to choose to ensure the marketing of the hotels. Snort stated that he no wishes to claim a part of the budgetary fund, after the large investment in the first quarter. "I voted against my colleague Minister Nilo Swaen said that I might back him will correct when BBO-money from the refinery later this year comes."

Closed doors
The relationship between his ministry and Ahata is not what it was, says breeze. "I do not know quite which direction they are currently immersed. We always have an open door policy with them but the last time they many meetings behind closed doors where we do not at present may be. We always act it out, and our budget is public and can be watched by everyone. "
The Minister of Tourism also manifest errors in the last report of Ahata. This report is based on a situation at five major hotels, but the conditions for each hotel are not clear, according breeze. "Each hotel has a personal situation. Some time shares, others not. In addition Radisson struggling for three years with a problem and the economic crisis, the problem only made worse. The problems that now the hand by Westin are a direct result of the economic crisis. When this so-called brand hotels in the spotlight, then you should also look at how these hotels are run. I also regret that where such reports Ahata be made by certain people from the commercial sector, then the report is that Aruba in the first quarter florin 100 million lost to gross national product. While the Central Bureau of Statistics and Department of Finance say that now number between 54 and 56 million florin lies. "

Value for money
Snort also notes that when making comparisons also looked to be exactly who the competitors are in the region. "Why do not the numbers of Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Barbados and the U.S. Virgin Islands in addition to those of Aruba. I therefore regret that Ahata not complete figures comes out, "said Minister breeze, which also considers that the hotels are not flexible enough to act to help cope with the current market. "The tourists now look mainly to prices and whether they have enough value for their money. Some competitors with different actions, as has Barbados even guarantee good weather. Is there a rainy day during your vacation, then you get some money back. In Aruba, we are on our prices and we are pleased that we can maintain these prices. But when occupancy is down you should not sit still, but action. "
Next Wednesday is a meeting planned between the Ministry of Tourism and Ahata in the building of the Central Bank.

Just have to laugh at the translation, LOL (snort)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: May 21, 2009, 09:40:09 PM »

I think he may very likely be extremely familiar with the term "snort".  Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: May 21, 2009, 09:43:23 PM »

I get mad all over again every time I see that! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: May 21, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »

When you stop and consider the father ....

Hey Texasmom ... I stole your mad Monkey icon.  Is that OK?  Maybe Klaas would give it us as another emotion option.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: May 21, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »

I think he may very likely be extremely familiar with the term "snort".  Monkey Devil!

This one too!  Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: May 21, 2009, 09:55:32 PM »

When you stop and consider the father ....

Hey Texasmom ... I stole your mad Monkey icon.  Is that OK?  Maybe Klaas would give it us as another emotion option.

Janet

Janet,
I know what you mean Janet, two of a kind...and not a good kind by any means! 

You are welcome to use anything I have!  IIRC, San actually made that and posted it...I just saved it.  I don't think she minds us using it...or hope not anyway!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: May 21, 2009, 10:05:45 PM »

Nasty really runs in that Purcell family.

I don't think that I ever realized that there were people that mean in the world until
Natalee disappeared.  At least I had never encountered any of them.  It has been a
rude awakening.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.