April 19, 2024, 11:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #819 5/17/09 - 6/10/09  (Read 322133 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1500 on: May 31, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/9339/8/

Papiamentu translation:

destruccion at home of faction avp y mep

friday, 29 may 2009 - 11:59 in oranan of madruga casnan of faction politico owing to ricibi visit of across from socialnan cu owing to enter y destrui several articulonan in the casnan here. at cede of mep the across from socialnan here owing to break one window for enter y after for comete several destruccion at door,mesa, window,etc. at the cas of faction of avp at santa cruz, they owing to clip the tubo cu is wanta the flag. we all can corda cu is week happen they owing to throw verf upstairs the same cas here y also the flag y awo is clip the tubo cu they owing to end of cumpra for so place the flag upstairs dje. cuerpo policial owing to happen at both cede for so take declarion for they can cuminza investiga that is ones cu is responsible for her actonan here..... click read more for see more imagen. come across

Lots of pictures at the website!

JMO ~ From looking at the pictures, my guess is that the MEP damage was just a cover to make it seem that others were responsible.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1501 on: May 31, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTIxvh23Bwk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nTIxvh23Bwk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Thanks Klaas! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1502 on: May 31, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »

The thing I found MOST interesting in the response was...I don't recall Natalee's case being mentioned at all in the letter he's responding to.

Now That's Interesting! 

I wonder at what point,will Paulus and family not feel safe on that island??Honestly.These underworld people,at some point or another,have got to be getting tired of the light that forever shines on Aruba due to the Deviants pawned off by the Netherlands..

I've been wondering that for a LONG time too!   

Only thing I can figure, is Papa Vandersloot is "high ranking" in the underworld too!   

He was over contracts for the island for years, he likely has smut on the entire corrupt food chain. I expect they can't know what 'bombs' he might have go off should anything happen to him? The art of war.........

So true Nonesuche!  And that fact, which I'm sure Nelson Oduber is not oblivious to; makes his statement to Dave Holloway "No one is above the law" a big fat lie.  And Nel knew it when he said it!  He just assumed this family would give up and go away like all the others and he wouldn't have to worry about it much longer. 

Wrong again Nel!

It's good to see you Nonesuche!  I hope all is good with you and yours!    an angelic monkey

I am doing okay as are my kids, I do hope you and yours are doing well. I was sad to read of Blue Moon's sister's illness. I am keeping them in my prayers, my heart goes out to her.

Nelson rolls those lies off his lips so readily, doesn't he? Then switches to righteous indignation the moment anyone calls him on his lies or the corruption he so blithely promotes freely.

He and Paulus should share the same cell one day, let them lie to each other until they take each other out !!

Oh put Rudy Croes in there with them too !!

Thanks None, TM and others for prayers.  I just posted an update in the prayer thread.  She is very upbeat today, can't wait to get this over with and behind her.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: May 31, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »

Thanks for the update Blue Moon!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1504 on: May 31, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/9358/8/

Papiamentu translation:

hit and run fatal at wayaca

sunday, 31 may 2009 - 03:38

one rato happen in careda of 3or he naci 20-07-1974 at republica dominicana of name charles miguel ramada mora owing to being achieve all disfigura on the caminda principal of oranjestad for san nicolas at height of wayaca residence. melding owing to enter of a dead canto of caminda y at arrival of police they owing to come across cu one man cabez open throw canto of caminda y all his sesonan gespat on the caminda. the car cu owing to strike the victima self not was tey. here rato fotonan at caminda. the investigacion is andando the momentonan here. update: dr. lin owing to constata dead of the fayecido. update: besides we can owing to compronde cu pols owing to place hand on one car cu is show of is the car cu was envolvi in the accidente here. in day will have more details. click read more for more photograph. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1505 on: May 31, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »

HT Pearl at BFN

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/energy/6448729.html

Oil Patch digs in on tax issue

Companies say closing foreign loopholes to cost U.S. jobs

By BRETT CLANTON

Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

May 30, 2009, 6:04PM

FOREIGN PROFITS

Business leaders say:

White House plans to collect more taxes on foreign profits of U.S. companies would hurt firms nationwide, including many in Houston. Some numbers:

Multinational companies in Houston: 354

Employees: 150,000

Employees of U.S.-based global companies in the U.S.: 22 million

Contribution to U.S. gross domestic product: $2.5 trillion

Source: Greater Houston Partnership, office of U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady (R-The Woodlands)
Obama administration proposals to reap more tax dollars from the foreign-earned profits of U.S. companies are not going over well in the Oil Patch.

Billed as a way to make multinational corporations pay their fair share to Uncle Sam, the measures could add millions to the tax bills of some of some of the largest oil and gas companies, on top of the billions the industry says it already pays each year in taxes.

At the heart of the effort are calls to end certain tax benefits U.S. corporations have enjoyed, including one that allows indefinite deferral of U.S. tax payments on foreign income and another that offers credits against U.S. taxes for foreign taxes paid.

President Barack Obama’s administration also wants to close what it characterizes as loopholes that have enabled U.S. companies to avoid U.S. tax obligations by shifting foreign profits to subsidiaries located in tax haven countries.

The White House says strengthening international tax laws could raise $210 billion over 10 years, as well as create a greater incentive for multinational companies to invest in the U.S. rather than taking their money and jobs overseas.

But companies in the oil and gas industry, along with a chorus of U.S. business groups, say the measures would penalize them by adding costs, make them uncompetitive with foreign companies and possibly force them to downsize.

“Contrary to statements made by the administration, these proposals will not create U.S. jobs and could even result in U.S. job losses,” said Stephen Comstock, tax counsel for the American Petroleum Institute, an industry trade group in Washington.

The impact could be especially deep in the Houston region, home to more than 350 multinational companies with some 150,000 employees, U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady, R-The Woodlands, told a group of local business leaders last week. “This is going to cost us jobs,” he said, in a presentation to the Greater Houston Partnership.

The proposed changes make good on Obama campaign pledges to crack down on corporate abuse of the tax system and come as the administration is looking for new sources of revenue to fund government programs and plug ballooning deficits.

While a range of U.S. industries could be affected, the measures could be acutely painful for oil and gas businesses since much of their product and profit is derived from foreign countries.

Hitting oil companies

One example is San Antonio-based Valero Energy Corp., the nation’s largest oil refiner, which has operations in the Caribbean. It stands to lose about $30 million in tax deductions per year if all the new rule changes are implemented, company spokesman Bill Day said. Major oil and gas producers could be hit worse.

In 2004, the most recent year for which data is available, U.S. multinational companies paid about $16 billion in U.S. taxes on about $700 billion of foreign profits, for an effective tax rate of about 2.3 percent, according to a recent White House estimate.

The administration said earlier this month that the tax code gives companies a competitive advantage to invest and create jobs overseas and is “rife with opportunities to evade and avoid taxes through offshore tax havens.” It points to a December 2008 report by the Government Accountability Office showing that 83 of the 100 largest publicly traded U.S. companies have subsidiaries in countries that have been labeled as tax havens. On the list are several oil companies, including Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Hess, ConocoPhillips, Marathon Oil, Valero and Sunoco.

The oil and gas industry and other business groups say there are legitimate business reasons for having foreign subsidiaries and that the tax code already contains provisions that prevent abuse.

Leslie Hiltabrand, a spokeswoman for Marathon, said the company creates foreign subsidiaries “to own assets in international projects and avail itself to international banking and corporate law facilities that are widely accepted around the world.”

Valero has subsidiaries in Aruba and the Cayman Islands because it owns and operates a large refinery in Aruba and has insurance in the Caymans, Day said.

Other oil and gas companies cited in the GAO study either declined comment or said they needed to see more details of the proposals before taking a position.

The industry says White House proposals neglect to mention how much the industry pays in U.S. taxes as well as foreign taxes and other costs of doing business internationally.

In 2007, the effective income tax rate of the major oil and gas industry producers was 40.3 percent, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. That’s higher than the U.S. corporate tax rate of 35 percent and partly reflects higher taxes paid in foreign jurisdictions.

The industry included at least $211 billion of foreign earnings in its U.S. taxable income for 2004 to 2006, the last year for which data is available, according to an estimate by Comstock using Internal Revenue Service data.

Wish list

But at the end of the day, analysts doubt the administration will get everything on its wish list, given the far-reaching list of programs it wants to tackle.

“Government has everything in the store sitting in the shopping cart,” said Kevin Book, with Clearview Energy Partners in Washington.

“But when it’s time to get to the cash register, they’re not going to buy it all.”

brett.clanton@chron.com

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1506 on: May 31, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »

REMINDER

CONFLICTS OF INTEREST?

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle Kingman - 05/08/08:  John Silvetti told me today that he may be returning to Aruba very soon for a few days.

Kyle Kigman - 06/06/08:  Here's some interesting news: John goes to Aruba on Wednesday.

Kyle Kingman - 06/10/08:  He's (Silvetti) seriously making plans to open an Aruba office so he can conduct business easier in S. America and that would allow him to do that.

Kyle Kingman - 06/13/08:   I haven't talked to John since he left for Aruba. I don't see why or how they need John to search the pond unless they were hell bent at only searching the pond for the targets I picked, which is obsurd since the pond is empty

Kyle Kingman - 06/13/08:  John is not a believer in the trap. He took ALE's word as gospel that it wasn't case related, yet never studied the videos or bothered to inquire further. He had plans on doing business with Aruba and in S. America and he didn't want to hurt any feelings by talks hinting at lack of complete trust and friendship. I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Kyle Kingman - 06/29/08:  I know John went to Aruba solely to find Natalee. He did make several comments about trying to land some work through contacts he met while in Aruba. This alone isn't a conflict of interest, but it tainted his focus in my opinion. I can't blame him for that, but he did take too much focus off the trap too soon. He claims to know a lot more than I do. I agree, but knowing more information from someone I don't trust is dangerous in my opinion. I'd rather know less lies

Kyle Kingman - 06/29/08:   I havn't heard John mention anything about the pipeline project. If it happens, I hope he's able to do the project. It would be great and his company would be in good position to bid on the job. It wasn't his purpose on going to Aruba.  ... Well, he's a pretty shrewd businessman and usually thinks at least three steps ahead. We'll see how this plays out.

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1507 on: May 31, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

FYI - Red plans on doing a special 4 years later piece for the front page of SM tomorrow.  June 1, 2005 was when Red first heard about Natalee Holloway missing in Aruba.

So check the SM front page tomorrow.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: May 31, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »

FYI - Red plans on doing a special 4 years later piece for the front page of SM tomorrow.  June 1, 2005 was when Red first heard about Natalee Holloway missing in Aruba.

So check the SM front page tomorrow.

Thanks Klaas, I look forward to it!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: May 31, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

REMINDER

CONFLICTS OF INTEREST?

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle Kingman - 05/08/08:  John Silvetti told me today that he may be returning to Aruba very soon for a few days.

Kyle Kigman - 06/06/08:  Here's some interesting news: John goes to Aruba on Wednesday.

Kyle Kingman - 06/10/08:  He's (Silvetti) seriously making plans to open an Aruba office so he can conduct business easier in S. America and that would allow him to do that.

Kyle Kingman - 06/13/08:   I haven't talked to John since he left for Aruba. I don't see why or how they need John to search the pond unless they were hell bent at only searching the pond for the targets I picked, which is obsurd since the pond is empty

Kyle Kingman - 06/13/08:  John is not a believer in the trap. He took ALE's word as gospel that it wasn't case related, yet never studied the videos or bothered to inquire further. He had plans on doing business with Aruba and in S. America and he didn't want to hurt any feelings by talks hinting at lack of complete trust and friendship. I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Kyle Kingman - 06/29/08:  I know John went to Aruba solely to find Natalee. He did make several comments about trying to land some work through contacts he met while in Aruba. This alone isn't a conflict of interest, but it tainted his focus in my opinion. I can't blame him for that, but he did take too much focus off the trap too soon. He claims to know a lot more than I do. I agree, but knowing more information from someone I don't trust is dangerous in my opinion. I'd rather know less lies

Kyle Kingman - 06/29/08:  I havn't heard John mention anything about the pipeline project. If it happens, I hope he's able to do the project. It would be great and his company would be in good position to bid on the job. It wasn't his purpose on going to Aruba.  ... Well, he's a pretty shrewd businessman and usually thinks at least three steps ahead. We'll see how this plays out.

Is there a connection when you consider John Silvetti's visit to Aruba in June, 2008?

As my son's Dutch American FIL has investments in the Netherlands and is required to document his investments in his yearly income tax form ... he tends to believe that the United States would have public records which would reveal if John Silvetti entered into any contract in regards to the Aruba pipeline in June, 2008?

Along with Kyle Kingman's own words ... the implication is that justice for Natalee Holloway may have took a back seat when the contents of the trap were afforded unchallenged possession to the enemy ... the enemy who has prevented justice from prevailing since May 30, 2005..

Janet

+++++

Patti on June 7th, 2008 3:10 pm

Amigoe, Today, June 7th, 2008
Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia. The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions. The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday. “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday. He is just back from a working visit in Colombia. He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia. He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy. Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama. They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy. A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards. This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year. WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions. The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run. This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island. Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years. Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses. Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water. Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier. Also the deepwater cooling is no option. “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable. “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.”

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet. “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.” Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/06/05/american-airlines-and-american-eagle-cancel-flights-to-aruba-there-is-a-demand-to-go-to-aruba/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1510 on: May 31, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »

It looks like Curacao, or at least some of the judges, are ready to take on Venezuela.

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-16776--11-11--.html

Curacao rules against PDVSA refinery emissions

Published on Saturday, May 30, 2009   

By Carolina Nicolaas Amigoe

WILLEMSTAD, Netherlands Antilles (Reuters) -- A refinery on Curacao operated by Venezuela's state oil company is damaging people's health and must cut emissions or face multi-million dollar fines, a court on the Caribbean island ruled on Thursday.

Judge Erik van Unen ruled in favor of 26 people and two bodies that brought a civil case against the 320,000 barrel per day Isla refinery claiming excessive emissions of sulfur dioxide and particulates in the air had caused serious health problems.

From 2010, exceeding a maximum yearly average sulfur dioxide emission will cost the Venezuelan company, PDVSA, about $3 million. The refinery is permitted to exceed a particulate limit 18 times a year. Further violations will cost Isla $300,000 per day.

PDVSA said Isla, which it leases from Curacao and is trying to buy, was not the only polluter on the island of 130,000 people located 40 miles off the Venezuelan coast.

The company has not yet commented on the ruling but is expected to appeal. In the past PDVSA has said it would cost $1.5 billion to meet stricter emissions standards at the refinery. But Van Unen said in his ruling the company would need to invest just $100 million to comply.

In 2007, a Curacao court threatened to close Isla if it cannot meet emissions standards, citing a study estimating that 18 people die prematurely every year from contaminant exposure.

Van Unen also took into account excessive flaring that sometimes runs for days and weeks. The amounts to be paid were decided with the serious health consequences and the earnings of PDVSA in mind, the judge stated.

PDVSA is under pressure to keep Isla running as it struggles with repeated outages at its own refineries in Venezuela. Gasoline from Isla is exported mainly to other Caribbean nations and South America.

Critics also say PDVSA, which has been in talks to buy the refinery for two years, provides few benefits to the island.

Curacao took in less than 1 percent of Isla's 2007 sales of $5 billion, receiving a rent payment of less than $20 million and almost no taxes.

Curacao became an affluent trading port in the Atlantic slave trade in the 17th and 18th centuries. Now it is a territory of the Netherlands and draws tourists with its beaches, scuba diving and the Dutch colonial architecture of the capital, Willemstad.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1511 on: May 31, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »

Thanks SuzieQ!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1513 on: June 01, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »

Our Monkey Family is here for Natalee!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: June 01, 2009, 01:16:44 AM »

Our Monkey Family is here for Natalee!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: June 01, 2009, 01:18:24 AM »

Janet,

If he thinks there are public records, try the FOIA, Freedom of Information Act.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: June 01, 2009, 01:26:47 AM »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:51:07 AM by klaasend » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1517 on: June 01, 2009, 02:13:48 AM »

No Justice for Natalee = No Tourists for Aruba! 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:51:21 AM by klaasend » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1518 on: June 01, 2009, 02:15:29 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1519 on: June 01, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »

never lift the pressure of evil island
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.