April 25, 2024, 07:54:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #129 5/06/09 - 5/12/09  (Read 286840 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: May 08, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »

Daily Commentary - Friday, May 8th, 2009 - A Police Officer’s Prayer for Dana’s Dad

Today’s commentary is dedicated to Dana’s father, who passed away yesterday.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/05/08/daily-commentary-friday-may-8th-2009-a-police-officer%e2%80%99s-prayer-for-danas-dad/

Dana, we at SM are all saddened by your loss. Our hearts and prayers are with you.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: May 08, 2009, 08:03:19 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 

Red,I will keep Dana in my thoughts and prayers.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: May 08, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-casey-anthony-attorney-08050809may08,0,6318914.story
Who will handle Casey Anthony's death-penalty case?
Prosecutors want to know who on Casey Anthony's defense team is qualified to handle her case.

By Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
    May 8, 2009

Prosecutors want to know who on Casey Anthony's legal team is qualified to handle a death-penalty case, according to paperwork filed Thursday in Orange Circuit Court.

And Anthony's lead attorney, José Baez, promptly filed an objection, saying the new lawyer would be revealed before the next hearing.

Florida law requires experienced attorneys — who meet certain qualifications — be the attorney of record in death-penalty cases. The Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office made the Anthony case a death-penalty case last month, four months after the remains of Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, were discovered less than a mile from her home.

Anthony remains in the Orange County Jail charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death.
Baez does not meet the death-penalty criteria, which includes having five years' trial experience and being lead attorney in at least nine state or federal jury trials of serious or complex cases.

In his objection, Baez said despite the fact he speaks to Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick nearly every day and even spent Tuesday with her questioning witnesses, no one in the State Attorney's Office has asked about a new attorney on the case.

Regardless, Baez's spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie, said the issue will be moot soon.

A new death-qualified attorney has joined the team and will be at a hearing scheduled later this month. She would not identify the attorney.

"At that time, the defense will introduce the highly qualified and outstanding death-qualified attorney as the newest member of the defense team," she said.

The defense team briefly brought in Miami attorney Terence Lenamon, who handles capital-punishment cases. Last fall, he wrote a report outlining why prosecutors should not go for the death penalty against Anthony.

In October, the state announced it was not going to seek it.

Once the decision was made, Lenamon was no longer part of the defense team.

Two months later, the remains were found, which led to prosecutors changing their minds.

In April, they filed paperwork, stating they were going to seek the death penalty.

Meanwhile Thursday, CNN announced that Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, will appear on Larry King Live on Wednesday. King will ask the questions.

George and Cindy Anthony were on King's show Dec. 10, the night before Caylee's remains were found.

Hal Boedeker of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »

LP said on NG Thursday night:

Kronk told his parents, in November, before Thanksgiving, that he knew where Caylee's body was....that he was going to wait until the water went down and then he was going to find it.  Kronk said that his girlfriend told him where Caylee was.

Wow, just wow!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »

Dana, With Deepest Sympathy, in the loss of your Dad. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) God Bless you and your Family!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19404117/detail.html
Anthonys Making Another TV Appearance

Posted: 6:57 am EDT May 8, 2009Updated: 7:37 am EDT May 8, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony will make another appearance on national television.

Next Wednesday, May 13, the parents of Casey Anthony will appear on CNN's Larry King Live. The Anthonys were last on that program in December 2008, the night before Caylee's remains were found.

The Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, will be joining them on the show.

Rolling Eyes

~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #566 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:40 AM »

Good point Lee.  So maybe she really was describing herself as that perfect 10?
I do not think there is any other female in the World that Casey would describe as a perfect "10" other than herself. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/07/ng.01.html
Nancy Grace Transcripts
GRACE: ... I asked you about Kronk, and now you`ve gone off on a tangent. And I know why because what they`re doing cannot be defended.

Out to Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter, that will be under oath in this case. You have been talking about Kronk and how he knew the body was there for a long time. I guess they were listening to you, Padilla. Are you happy now?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: No. No. Listen to me. I listened to his ex-wife, Crystal (ph), who told me that he told his mother and father back before Thanksgiving that he knew where the body was. And when I asked him, How do you know where the body is and why haven`t you gone after it, he told them (ph), I`m going after it when the water goes down, and my girlfriend told me where the body was.

GRACE: Straight back out to Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter, who will be under oath on this case. We now see a new line of defense based on all of the depositions, the sworn testimony the defense is amassing. They are working overtime, trying to locate co-workers, anybody related to the utility meter reader who found Caylee`s body. Respond.

PADILLA: Well, I don`t think they`re trying to blame the finding -- in other words, that he had anything to do with the homicide. I think what they want to do is to be able to suppress as much evidence as possible. And if the evidence of the finding of the body comes back that somebody in the jail overheard a conversation between an attorney and a client -- now, you`re a prosecutor, Nancy. I`ve never been a prosecutor. What does that mean? A certain amount of evidence possibly could be suppressed. I think they`re just attacking it from that angle. I don`t think they`re trying to blame it on Kronk. Kronk is not a target in this thing...

GRACE: OK...

PADILLA: ... as far as the defense.

GRACE: Fair. Sue Moss...

PADILLA: What they`re trying to do is suppress evidence.

GRACE: OK. Sue Moss, I think it`s much more than trying to get it suppressed, the discovery of the body. Let`s see the lawyers, all of them, Sue Moss, Richard Herman, Anne Bremner. Number one, with the -- can I see the lawyers? There they are. With the discovery of a dead body, that`s not going to be suppressed because of the rule of inevitable discovery. In other words, even if police got information they shouldn`t have gotten under the Constitution, like a statement without Miranda rights, a body will eventually be discovered. That is the thinking of the U.S. Supreme Court. Whether you two, Bremner and Herman, like it or not, that`s the law. So the discovery of a body is not going to be suppressed.

So let`s take it from there. First to you, Sue Moss. What`s the defense trying to do? Give it to me in a nutshell.

MOSS: They`re trying to make this meter reader look like a child beater and perhaps even a murderer. It`s not going to happen. They first tried it with Zanny nanny. They`re trying it with Roy Kronk. It`s not going work.

GRACE: Bremner?

BREMNER: Well, you know, I can`t -- I don`t have any Dr. Seuss here right now, Nancy. I`m not going to go on a tangent. But the fact of the matter is, where was the body the whole time and why wasn`t it found? Reasonable doubt. You`re right. You don`t have suppression, you have doubt, and that`s a whole different issue.

GRACE: OK, Anne?

BREMNER: Yes?

GRACE: Do you have even a shred -- a shred of evidence to suggest that the body had been anywhere but in tot mom`s car trunk and there behind that elementary school 15 houses from the Anthonys` home? Just anything.

BREMNER: The bottom line -- the bottom line is, is when you go to look for something, you don`t find it, and it ends up being there later. All you got to say...

GRACE: Wa-wa-wa-wa...

BREMNER: Nancy, I...

GRACE: Yes or no? Do you have any evidence...

(CROSSTALK)

BREMNER: I`ll answer that question. No, OK?

GRACE: OK.

BREMNER: But that doesn`t mean that I can`t say in front of a jury in good faith as a defense attorney that, Why didn`t people find that body, and could someone else be involved? And you can put doubt into the minds of jurors, and that`s what they have to do...

~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #568 on: May 08, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »

O/t - they found a dead lady in Tulsa Oklahoma yesterday.  She was very tiny.  They identified her today by her tattoo.  Her body was in a large trash bag wrapped with duct tape.  It makes me wonder if the person who killed her was trying to mimic the Caylee killing.

Actually, the use of duct tape in murders is unfortunately rather common, in use or staged to look like something else.
If it is as common as it seems, I wonder if Dr. Biden was wrong in his assumption that there would have to be finger prints on the duct tape? 
We know that one of Casey's favorite shows was CSI, so I would think she would have a better idea of what NOT to do.  I think that the absence of fingerprints on the duct tape says more than if there were.......did that make sense?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:35 AM »

Hey AnotherMonkey. 

~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #570 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »

Kronk told his parents, in November, before Thanksgiving, that he knew where Caylee's body was....that he was going to wait until the water went down and then he was going to find it.  Kronk said that his girlfriend told him where Caylee was.

Wow, just wow!!

I heard that last night too Puzzler!  Kronk's gf worked at the jail.......only inmate I can think of who would know where to find Caylee is Casey.  Maybe this gf overheard a privileged "attorney/client" rendezvous?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #571 on: May 08, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19404117/detail.html
Anthonys Making Another TV Appearance

Posted: 6:57 am EDT May 8, 2009Updated: 7:37 am EDT May 8, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony will make another appearance on national television.

Next Wednesday, May 13, the parents of Casey Anthony will appear on CNN's Larry King Live. The Anthonys were last on that program in December 2008, the night before Caylee's remains were found.

The Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, will be joining them on the show.

Rolling Eyes

Of course!  They have to get the "pitty us" factor in there with their handicapt attorney!  Normally I am not this sinical, but my God!  This man uses his disability to try and draw sympathy from onlookers and the American public - he makes me want to hurl!!!  He has Georgy-porgy pushing him in to the depo while cameras are watching, his face shows masked fear while his hands stay close to the wheels.........so not buying it!!!!!
Larry King, you have gone down again in my ratings book.  You have surely become a disgrace in your old age.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: May 08, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19399783/detail.html#-
State: Who Will Defend Anthony?
Defense Attorney Jose Baez Not Qualified To Try Case

POSTED: Thursday, May 7, 2009
UPDATED: 9:45 pm EDT May 7, 2009

Casey Anthony appears at a court hearing.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The prosecution in the case against Casey Anthony filed a motion Thursday requesting a hearing to find out who will be leading the defense team.

Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, is not qualified to defend a death penalty case, but the defense has not revealed who will helm the case when it goes to trial.

The defense filed an objection to the motion, saying that it is not necessary because a qualified attorney will be announced at the next hearing, which is set for May 28.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: May 08, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »

Dolce,I agree 100% with what you just said.
They disgust me.

~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #574 on: May 08, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »

You can see from the way his arms are holding onto the wheels of his chair that he does not trust George.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51:03 AM »

Wow, just wow!!

I agree...Wow..and I do believe Kronk..and I don't think it was too hard to figure where the body would be if yuo just thought about Casey's twisted mind...and not the cell ping's etc.  Casey is a pretty simplistic thinker and doer.  She does what strikes her at the moment..not much fore- thought or after- thought.  She did was was a simple disposal to her..and close to home.  Which is why it is not surprising that KioMarie, Kronk and some others fiured that area was the place.  Even Tim M was looking there but hampered by the water.  Dom C and Jim Hoover where there....Casey was not an original thinker.  She lives more for the moment and feeling..then on a thought process other then what she wants now..hmm...that must have been Hell in that house...both Caylee and Casey were at about the same emotional age.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #576 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51:42 AM »

Come on doc dump.  Happy early Mother's Day to all you mother monkeys!!!

Last year on Mother's Day the whole family got together for a big dinner, and afterward, when Mom started to clean up I said to her, "Don't bother with those dishes, Mom.  Today is Mother's Day -- you can always do them tomorrow."

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #577 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:38 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/19399204/detail.html
Qualifications of Anthony's Attorneys Challenged
Prosecutors File Motion In Casey Anthony Case

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT May 7, 2009
UPDATED: 5:48 pm EDT May 7, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors filed a motion Thursday to determine if Casey Anthony has an attorney qualified to handle a death penalty case in Florida.

Her lead attorney Jose Baez does not have proper credentials to handle a death case, but he can handle the trial is he works with a lawyer who is qualified in Florida.

Last year, Terrace Lenamon, who has worked death penalty cases, was part of Anthony's team, but according to the motion he "is no longer involved in the representation of Miss Anthony."

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter Caylee, whose remains were found in December in woods not far from her Orange County home.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, and according to Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, attorneys must meet certain minimum standards to handle death cases. These standards, for example, include requirements about the number of trials "of serious and complex" cases, such as murder.

Baez's spokeswoman said the defense plans to introduce a new counsel qualified to handle death penalty cases at a court hearing on May 28.

Earlier this week, Baez filed a motion seeking to move Anthony's trial out of Central Florida

My cousin Vinny?

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: May 08, 2009, 08:56:59 AM »

Wow, just wow!!

I heard that last night too Puzzler!  Kronk's gf worked at the jail.......only inmate I can think of who would know where to find Caylee is Casey.  Maybe this gf overheard a privileged "attorney/client" rendezvous?

Wow is right.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: May 08, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »

CC...... 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.