April 23, 2024, 05:51:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #480 6/25 - 6/26/2006  (Read 171986 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2006, 04:23:34 AM »

Easy,
            I'm your friend too... along with many Monkeys here day and night.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2006, 04:35:03 AM »

Easy

Got the sentences backwards... meant downsizing your pictures not your son, dog and truck

Got the fact in but don't know how to get rid of the code... good thing I was a Mac expert from age 48-53... I used to tease them I was their "Token Senior:

Am now 65 and can't remember a lot for the overwhelming, depression causes cognitive problems. Been on P. dis since 1996. Still miss Knots Landing and all the Industry a lot. especially the teaching.

OK.. Easy, my turn to feel sorry for myself

PS do you have any giant white canna seeds around you for sale? I always thought they came from tumors but I guess now. A place in Holland had a white tumor for $150 (say what). So if Holland has them, we much have them healthier and better priced.

Thanks for listening. Have spent summer month in Mobile when in school. Have heard JM did too.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2006, 07:02:59 AM »

Easywriter wrote:

Sky turns to black and thunder rolls across the horizon, while children cry. Yesterday becomes tomorrow and the cycle continues.

A knock on the door becomes a pounding sound and a startled soul stumbles to his feet.

“What? What? I’m coming!”

Latches on the paneled door begin to flip and twist as….

Mrs. Red: the rain begins to pound the porch in buckets of hard driving force. She frantically begins to pound harder on the door, while sobs rack her body...

I like it!  We need to start a thread and continue the story!  We could just put thoughts out there and let the story do the driving.  At some point we could pull it all together and make it a collective effort.  I'm sure it would become a first, minds crossing all boundaries and congealing into a cohesive work.

We could give it an appropriate title, Monkey Business.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2006, 07:52:43 AM »

Good morning!  

Okay, I missed Dirty Dancing last nite but I have the dvd.  Love Urban Cowboy...seen it many many times.  Love to watch John Travolta dance.  Big Debra Winger fan too since she made "Terms of Endearment" in Lincoln, NE.  Another boohoo movie for sure.  I recognize so many locations from the movie having grown up there.  How many times have I seen "An Officer and a Gentleman"?  An embarassing number of times.  Nothing like Richard Gere in a uniform.  

Sorry to go OT so early in the a.m. but somebody's gotta do it.  

Since Holland lost the soccer game, will we hear something this week?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:14 AM »

Thank you my friends!  

I was just playing around last night.  I have not been feeling very well.  Can’t even describe the illness, I guess it is sort of like a cold that won’t go away and sort of like a dirty sock that just won’t get back in the washing machine.  All my muscles ache and nothing cures my sniffles.  Soon, I will be fine.  

My youngest son is now living with me and he is doing very well.  He is a good-looking kid with a brilliant mind.  He just becomes bored very easily and that trait leads him toward trouble.  I honestly think he is past that now and on his way to better things.  He is becoming my young champion.

Short Stories might be in my future!

If I can get past this persistent cold, I would like to travel and merge my two loves, photography and the written word.  Maybe one day that will happen.  I can promise all of you that it would be an interesting ride, if it should happen!

If life gives me the opportunity, I think I will name the adventure “Rock Cabins” after a nefarious uncle that taught me much about life.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2006, 08:13:36 AM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
I was getting gas the other day and a lady at the pump next to me saw my beautiful Natalee bumper sticker (thanks Katz) and she said to me... They haven't found her yet?"
Dunno why , but it always surpises me that some people have more or less forgotten about Natalee still being missing....

You're welcome, Cubbee ~ yeah, that always surprises me too...  when people say "Whatever happened to that girl -- didn't they find her?"  Or some such thing...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:41 AM »

Morning all!! Have been reading your posts off and on all weekend...muscles just too sore to type much!! haha Still working on my rehab house and I am soo out of shape..had muscle spasms Saturday in my arms from painting all week!! The dancing stories last night took me back to the days I was in shape!! Been through the dark days of depression too!! Just try and count my blessings everyday now...focus on the good in my life instead of the things that aren't going well. When it's not working I jump online and go directly to SM and all is ok!! Nice to have you all as company, nice to feel a part of something so inspirational as this sight and all of you Monkeys!! You all amaze me everyday with your intelligence, compassion, humor, wit and insight!! Thanks for having me guys and for allowing me to share in the quest to find justice for Natalee!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2006, 08:18:01 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Someone I thought was a friend broke my heart today and my rhetoric crashed into yesterday, tomorrow and beyond.  

Just one of those things.................

I'm sorry Easy. For me, it's hard enough to put myself out there and trust people, but you guys have actually made it easier...But when you get burned after you go out on a limb with someone, it really can hurt  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Sorry Easy.

That sux.

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2006, 08:26:25 AM »

I'm on the West coast ~ just getting in from work ~ so good night everyone ~ and Uncle Mike is still in my prayers.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:04 AM »

Life is an interesting mix of emotions and it always leaves a trail behind.  Footsteps in the sand, so to speak.

Yesterday, I heard my Mother call my name.  My memories quickly rushed toward a time in my life that was innocent, a time that smelled of stale popcorn and the sweat of youth.  

In my young life, movies were a dime and life was easy.  Then it all suddenly changed…
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »

Life is an interesting mix of emotions and it always leaves a trail behind.  Footsteps in the sand, so to speak.

Yesterday, I heard my Mother call my name.  My memories quickly rushed toward a time in my life that was innocent, a time that smelled of stale popcorn and the sweat of youth.  

In my young life, movies were a dime and life was easy.  Then it all suddenly changed…

Easy, God has given you a very special gift. You have such a talent with written words and I am proud to call myself your friend!

BTW...proud to call all you monkey people my friends!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2006, 08:56:22 AM »

Knock, Knock!  Anyone here?
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2006, 08:57:36 AM »

Easy, God has given you a very special gift. You have such a talent with written words and I am proud to call myself your friend!

That is very sweet!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:23 AM »

Are all the monkeys sleeping this morning?

Rise and shine Monkeys!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2006, 08:59:38 AM »

That is very sweet!

Just speaking the truth my very special friend! Gotta run , my son has ball practice this AM.... ughhhh!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »

Morning Easy!

Have fun at baseball practice Cubbee!

Another rainy and overcast weekend in SOFL.

Hope this weekend gets better weather - 4 days off WOW!

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2006, 09:19:42 AM »

Where is everybody?

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »

The smell of stale popcorn littered the theater and laughter filled the air.

It was a typical Saturday afternoon, during the summer of 1960.  There was nothing complicated about this simple life, until that night.

A knock upon a wooden door woke all and chills ran up and down the spine.

“Mam” a deep sound broke the silence.

“Yes”  Her quivering voice answered, while we all cowered in the background.

The wind whispered a name and a front porch swing danced with the night’s laughter, then there was nothing but the gentle sound of wood caressing wood.

“plunk, clap, plunk…”

The chains on the old front-porch swing began to screech……
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2006, 09:36:41 AM »

Hi FM!  What's for dinner?  

Easy, you can write stories for me anytime.  

Rainy day in ATL.  Considering the big drought we've got going, it's okay.  I don't care if it rains all week as long as it's nice on the weekend.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MissinNat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »

The smell of stale popcorn littered the theater and laughter filled the air.

It was a typical Saturday afternoon, during the summer of 1960.  There was nothing complicated about this simple life, until that night.

A knock upon a wooden door woke all and chills ran up and down the spine.

“Mam” a deep sound broke the silence.

“Yes”  Her quivering voice answered, while we all cowered in the background.

The wind whispered a name and a front porch swing danced with the night’s laughter, then there was nothing but the gentle sound of wood caressing wood.

“plunk, clap, plunk…”

The chains on the old front-porch swing began to screech……

I could read this, Easy!  Pulls me right in!  Awesome!

People might be missing or gone but we don't forget them!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.