April 26, 2024, 10:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #480 6/25 - 6/26/2006  (Read 173150 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:04 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I like that woman on History’s Detectives.  Something about her gives me goose bumps.

Did you read that second Looooong e-mail I sent you?

If you didn't please read it. It took me a heck of a lot of time to write it. Very Happy

Okay, I will read it.  I got a little lost.

Gather snacks and drinks before you start. Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:41 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Coverage on Greta tonight, 10PM EST

It's the full video of Joran being served papers when landing in NY.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2006, 09:42:32 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"

Ah, thanks.

Well at least they're keeping it in the news.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

<<SNIP>>
SAM
Get an rain today   Most of it missed me.. Just enough to raise the humidity level Crying or Very sad .

I also would like to change my name.
<<snip>>

How do you think I feel.. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Most Monkeys will not even use my full tag name  Rolling Eyes  
OLDF  is fine .... but try doing a search on OF and see how many hits you get  Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Morgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:44 PM »

Oldfart:  Love your name....brings a smile to my face.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »

Ah, thanks.

Oh, I hope complete with Bo Dietl????  I like Bo and loved it when he was so smart-mouthed taunting Joran.  It did take the smirk off his face if only for a moment!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2006, 09:48:12 PM »

http://www.nbc13.com/news/9429661/detail.html

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2006, 09:48:16 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
You guys have to look at this photo.  It's too big to post here but you can exactly where the video was taken for Chicago video #24, the white bag:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/WhiteBagPondArea.jpg

Boy is that close...Marriot, gardner...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2006, 09:49:01 PM »

EASY

Buckeye is right about the statin drugs and also some blood pressure
meds can cause you to cough really badly.  Just a side effect and has to be changed to a different one to stop it.

Also, go to the Drug Store and get Mucinex and take as directed on the label.  It thins mucus and makes it easier to expectorate and eliminate.  As far as I know, it does not conflict with any heart meds as I know several patients who take it but might check with your doctor if it is OK.    It will help with whatever respiratory problem you have be it cold, flu or allergy.  It really does wonders.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2006, 09:50:24 PM »

Ah, thanks.

I agree Jacqueline. Even if it is a repeat of old news.

Thanks Klaas for the photo link.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2006, 09:54:19 PM »

While we wait for Greta, did everyone see the following article??  I didn't know if it was posted and discussed and I missed it or what.  Red might want to put it on front page as yet another example of how much care we must take these days travelling abroad:

Copyright 2006 N.Y.P. Holdings, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

The New York Post

June 22, 2006 Thursday  

All Editions; Pg. 5  

546 words

CARIBBEAN NIGHT OF TERROR - GANG ROBBED & BEAT N.Y. COUPLE WITH HELP OF RESORT SECURITY GUARD

TODD VENEZIA and PAUL THARP  

A luxurious Caribbean getaway turned into an ordeal from hell for a beautiful New York real-estate broker, who claimed she was held down, sprayed with chemicals and brutalized by group of robbers inside her $1,000-a-night hotel room.

Janis Aurichio said that her male companion was also tormented by the gun-toting goons - who beat him and laughed as they threatened to blow his brains out.

"Right after they get to their room, five males show up," Aurichio's lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, told The Post. "They pointed a gun at him and put a pillow case over this head and said 'We don't want to splatter your head and ruin the room.' "

The woman claims in a $10 million suit that the attack was the ultimate betrayal because the attackers were helped by one of the security guards at the posh Amanyara Hotel in the western section of the Turks and Caicos Islands.

And in a final slap, the hotel whisked the couple off the island because they feared negative publicity would lead to a drop in tourism, Jaroslawicz said.

"When the hotel found out this happened, they chartered a plane and got them off the island," he said. "The last thing they wanted is another Natalee Holloway on their island," he said, referring the case of the young American who went missing in Aruba last year.

The suit claims the horror occurred on the night of April 25 and 26, as the thieves held the couple at gunpoint for between 30 and 45 minutes - poking Aurichio with their weapons and beating her friend, Andrew Schwartz.

As the couple shook in fear and turquoise waves crashed outside their hotel window, the cruel crooks tried to blind them with caustic chemicals.

"She pleaded for her life and begged them not to kidnap and poison her," Aurichio's suit says.

They rummaged through the room for what seemed like forever, and eventually made off with Aurichio's jewelry, Jaroslawicz said.

"It was a tough experience and it wasn't what you see in the travel posters," the lawyer said.

After the attack, the couple made their report to police and were flown out of the resort.

Five men were arrested last month and charged in the attack, according to a local press report. Among them was a hotel guard, who was accused of letting the men into the resort and facilitating their entry into the couple's room.

The residential broker and New Jersey native is a former sports-marketing rep who entered the real-estate field in the tough times immediately after Sept. 11, 2001.

She still managed to work hard and "carve a new niche . . . in the over-$1 million [home price] range," according to her bio on the Web site of Citi Habitats, the company where she works.

In her suit, she claims the hotel and its parent company, Amanresorts, failed to warn her that the Turks and Caicos Islands are rife with crime and that they failed to police their own staff to weed out criminals.

Aurichio has filed suit in New York because she is a resident here and the resort company keeps offices here.

A hotel spokeswoman said she could not comment on the suit. A lawyer representing the hotel's insurance company declined to comment, citing pending litigation.

The suit claims that the company - and the authorities on the Turks and Caicos - do not tell tourists of the crime on the island.  

VACATION FROM HELL: Janis Aurichio says she was savagely beaten and robbed at the tony Amanyara Hotel (above) in Turks and Caicos. [Eduardo Patino]  

June 22, 2006

Back to Document List

Copyright © 2006 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.  
Terms and Conditions   Privacy Policy
http://tinyurl.com/p8l5m

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2006, 09:56:42 PM »

Sorry. . . . guess I should have just posted a link but think you have
to register to get it, not sure.  Didn't know it would be that long on a page.

Embarassed

PERSONA NON GRATA

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2006, 09:56:49 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Ah, thanks.

Oh, I hope complete with Bo Dietl????  I like Bo and loved it when he was so smart-mouthed taunting Joran.  It did take the smirk off his face if only for a moment!

From the pictures, J-Goon looked scared poopless !!
Wonder why they are replaying it ?
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2006, 09:57:26 PM »

Quote from: "Morgan"
Oldfart:  Love your name....brings a smile to my face.

Old Fart we had 2 or 3 storms come through today. Rain wih all of them but not as much as yesterday I do not think. Temp quite a bit lower today though. At least it feels like it to me.

Just a swinging with the tribe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »

They just showed new video of Joran being slapped with his lawsuit on Greta.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »

Wow, they just showed a small portion of the Video of Joran in NY being served.  Looks like he was thrown/fell to the ground.  Showing full video shortly!

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
You guys have to look at this photo.  It's too big to post here but you can exactly where the video was taken for Chicago video #24, the white bag:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/WhiteBagPondArea.jpg

Klaasend  great work as usual...
Is this the same pond that the Fire Dept spent days pumping out? and does the label for the Marriot overlay a pic of it  or is farther to the right?

Do you know or should I ask Tom & Red about starting a thread for possilble Dana / Ward / Skeeters questions? I do not want someone to have to copy them if we can get some stuff restored?

Just Wondering?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

Klaas....that is a great photo.....one question.....was the "pond" the one that was drained...?  Do we know if the fire hoses (red ones) were run from the pond to the water near the fisherman's huts.....like across the roads, etc......or, was one pond drained to the next closest one and then to the third one before sending the water to the ocean....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Anna"

Ah, thanks.

From the pictures, J-Goon looked scared poopless !!
Wonder why they are replaying it ?

Good question.   Slow news night?  Anything to do with court date coming up, soon hopefully!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Klaas....that is a great photo.....one question.....was the "pond" the one that was drained...?  Do we know if the fire hoses (red ones) were run from the pond to the water near the fisherman's huts.....like across the roads, etc......or, was one pond drained to the next closest one and then to the third one before sending the water to the ocean....

On that map, the one that is marked POND is the one that was drained.  Not where the white bag was.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.