April 25, 2024, 08:12:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #480 6/25 - 6/26/2006  (Read 173037 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
While we wait for Greta, did everyone see the following article??  I didn't know if it was posted and discussed and I missed it or what.  Red might want to put it on front page as yet another example of how much care we must take these days travelling abroad:

Copyright 2006 N.Y.P. Holdings, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

The New York Post

June 22, 2006 Thursday  

All Editions; Pg. 5  

546 words

CARIBBEAN NIGHT OF TERROR - GANG ROBBED & BEAT N.Y. COUPLE WITH HELP OF RESORT SECURITY GUARD

TODD VENEZIA and PAUL THARP  

A luxurious Caribbean getaway turned into an ordeal from hell for a beautiful New York real-estate broker, who claimed she was held down, sprayed with chemicals and brutalized by group of robbers inside her $1,000-a-night hotel room.

Janis Aurichio said that her male companion was also tormented by the gun-toting goons - who beat him and laughed as they threatened to blow his brains out.

"Right after they get to their room, five males show up," Aurichio's lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, told The Post. "They pointed a gun at him and put a pillow case over this head and said 'We don't want to splatter your head and ruin the room.' "

The woman claims in a $10 million suit that the attack was the ultimate betrayal because the attackers were helped by one of the security guards at the posh Amanyara Hotel in the western section of the Turks and Caicos Islands.

And in a final slap, the hotel whisked the couple off the island because they feared negative publicity would lead to a drop in tourism, Jaroslawicz said.

"When the hotel found out this happened, they chartered a plane and got them off the island," he said. "The last thing they wanted is another Natalee Holloway on their island," he said, referring the case of the young American who went missing in Aruba last year.

The suit claims the horror occurred on the night of April 25 and 26, as the thieves held the couple at gunpoint for between 30 and 45 minutes - poking Aurichio with their weapons and beating her friend, Andrew Schwartz.

As the couple shook in fear and turquoise waves crashed outside their hotel window, the cruel crooks tried to blind them with caustic chemicals.

"She pleaded for her life and begged them not to kidnap and poison her," Aurichio's suit says.

They rummaged through the room for what seemed like forever, and eventually made off with Aurichio's jewelry, Jaroslawicz said.

"It was a tough experience and it wasn't what you see in the travel posters," the lawyer said.

After the attack, the couple made their report to police and were flown out of the resort.

Five men were arrested last month and charged in the attack, according to a local press report. Among them was a hotel guard, who was accused of letting the men into the resort and facilitating their entry into the couple's room.

The residential broker and New Jersey native is a former sports-marketing rep who entered the real-estate field in the tough times immediately after Sept. 11, 2001.

She still managed to work hard and "carve a new niche . . . in the over-$1 million [home price] range," according to her bio on the Web site of Citi Habitats, the company where she works.

In her suit, she claims the hotel and its parent company, Amanresorts, failed to warn her that the Turks and Caicos Islands are rife with crime and that they failed to police their own staff to weed out criminals.

Aurichio has filed suit in New York because she is a resident here and the resort company keeps offices here.

A hotel spokeswoman said she could not comment on the suit. A lawyer representing the hotel's insurance company declined to comment, citing pending litigation.

The suit claims that the company - and the authorities on the Turks and Caicos - do not tell tourists of the crime on the island.  

VACATION FROM HELL: Janis Aurichio says she was savagely beaten and robbed at the tony Amanyara Hotel (above) in Turks and Caicos. [Eduardo Patino]  

June 22, 2006

Back to Document List

Copyright © 2006 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.  
Terms and Conditions   Privacy Policy
http://tinyurl.com/p8l5m

Thanks Anna, Red actually did post it on the FP... but it was Thursday or so....  Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2006, 10:03:40 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Wow, they just showed a small portion of the Video of Joran in NY being served.  Looks like he was thrown/fell to the ground.  Showing full video shortly!

Why do I Just  have a GUT feeling that Joe T.  is behind this replay?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

Quote from: "Morgan"
Sunfreak....Are you really from Dixie?

Morgan - I'm from Jawja.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »

Anna, I also want to sya thanks for bring that in here... it seems like the entire Carribean is unsafe....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Coverage on Greta tonight, 10PM EST

It's the full video of Joran being served papers when landing in NY.

Cool, I love a comedy!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: June 26, 2006, 10:10:49 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I’ve been asked to collaborate with a novel.  Given what I have learned, I think it will be an interesting journey and very revealing.

Great news Easy!

You rock, Easy! Very Happy
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #586 on: June 26, 2006, 10:11:05 PM »

Greta's doing something on Natalee NOW!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2006, 10:12:51 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "MeMere"
Klaas....that is a great photo.....one question.....was the "pond" the one that was drained...?  Do we know if the fire hoses (red ones) were run from the pond to the water near the fisherman's huts.....like across the roads, etc......or, was one pond drained to the next closest one and then to the third one before sending the water to the ocean....

On that map, the one that is marked POND is the one that was drained.  Not where the white bag was.

Klaasend
thank you...

I wonder if ther ever searcehd / drained in the smaller pond  Confused

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:20 PM »

BO keeps saying welcome to America and where did you bury her about 5-6 times.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #589 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

Oh, I LOVE it!  "Welcome to America!"  'There's a legal system"!  Go Bo!
Wouldn't let him go!  
Listen to Greta, saying he shouldn't have kept following him....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2006, 10:14:49 PM »

Bo said Joran looked at him with those vicious eyes.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: June 26, 2006, 10:15:23 PM »

Bo-"If your innocent, you just accept the papers and go to court"....

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: June 26, 2006, 10:15:44 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
MacDougal accidentally bit a litttle girl last week trying to take her floor-length flowing, moving skirt.  I had asked her repeatedly not to run around in front of him as I knew he wanted it badly but she just had to and so he nailed her trying to get it.  Now I have to sweat out if I am going to be sued and if he is going into quarntine but thankfully his rabies was in effect still but expires end of June, close.  He was just playing too rough and wanted that moving skirt but I know it hurt and of course now claims of infection, possibly torn ligaments and tendons, she is seven or eight years old.  

Love of the breed is one thing but risking everything you own for it is something else.  Not going to let kids anywhere near them again.   Evil or Very Mad

It's always something. . . . . . . .

Wow.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Why don't people teach their children to be respectful of dogs?  They (dogs) can be unpredictable especially when they are being taunted or injured.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #593 on: June 26, 2006, 10:16:18 PM »

Wonder who the kid was with him, trying to protect him (Joran)?

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: June 26, 2006, 10:16:37 PM »

Bo said Joran gave him a look like he wanted to kill him.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: June 26, 2006, 10:16:47 PM »

Bo Dietel:

Welcome to America...

It's a legal process.
This guy is cool as chit.

Lots of shoving going on.

Joran covered up with his hood.

Bo on live:

I was just welcoming him to America...

No, what happened was we served him on the plane. There was a hold on him for about 2 hours.  He looked like Darth Vadar there.  SOmeone pushed me, and I pushed them back.

He did not want to accept the lawsuit, the producer guy kept shooing me away. His father was served at the same time. I am the father of two daughters, he has lied too many times, and this other person was trying to stop me.  He looked at me with vicious eyes. He changes his story so many times. If he has nothing to hide why is he hiding.  i wish he took a swing at me. i was not afraid of him.  I don't think he wanted a piece of me. He looked at me like he wanted to crush me.  Ya wanna know something, if you did not do anything wrong, you would accept it and go to court.

he has changed his story 19 times.

Greta: how did you know what he looke dlike.

Bo: i did not know who he was.  Then when I saw darth vadar walking out and when I went up to him, he pushes me.  What are you pushing me for, I am doing a legal service. The producer pushed me away, not Joran.

He is telling me to back off.

Joran just gave me a look like he wanted to kill me.  I said, why don't you try to hurt me like you hurt that little girl.

He just looked at me angrily like he wanted to crush me.

If he took a swing at me I could have claimed self defense and clobbered him.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #596 on: June 26, 2006, 10:17:13 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Klaas;  Does the first picture mean anything to you?  Is it Lorenzo?  
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/imapugluver/

Some nice pictures of Natalee:
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/willie179/

Thank you for the pictures...such a sweet wonderful girl. What a despicable monster who committed this deed and all those who covered up are equally to blame. Their souls must be in torment.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »

Bo cracks me up, sounds like a mafia type with his talk and just wanting Joran to hit him.  So he could hit him back using 'self defense'

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »

Great transcribing Jacq!  I can never keep up fast enough to do that!
You Rock!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:07 PM »

Wonder who the kid was with him, trying to protect him (Joran)?

It is that little kid he hangs out in Holland with.  He has dark hair.  Klaas has a photo of him with another kid in a bar.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.