April 26, 2024, 02:02:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #480 6/25 - 6/26/2006  (Read 173099 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
Lipstick anyone?

Yep Wink

I didn't mean anything by my comment, YR, as IMO all questions are welcome.  It just reminded me of the free-for-all-question session.

I saw your earlier post about the bright yellow ribbon when you drove past Beth's.  It is just so sad that they can not find Natalee and thus find closure.

Hi SLeuth~!!  DITTO!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2006, 11:17:01 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Anna"

Carnut,
Can you dance the tango?  Since my son's wedding with all the Latin dancers showing off, have been looking for a man who can tango.   Cool

Yes, Anna, I can tango, a little rusty with it, but I do ok with it.

The tango is one of those dances where both parties really need to know the moves, most other dances a guy can lead a lady and she can just follow but with the tango there are a bunch of moves that the lady really needs to know what she's doing.

REALLY!!!!????? I AM impressed! I've just recently begun to learn Salsa.......Boy, is that a work-out on your hips! They "toy" with tango as well, and my little knowledge of it gives me the impression that unless both partners know what they are doing, it would show like a sore thumb!
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2006, 11:17:13 PM »

CBB - good - how are you.

Carnut - I saw a tango on "So you think you can think you can Dance" show recently - it did look like both partners must know what they are doing - kudos to you if you can tango...

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2006, 11:18:44 PM »

Carnut,
Can you dance the tango?  Since my son's wedding with all the Latin dancers showing off, have been looking for a man who can tango.   Cool

Yes, Anna, I can tango, a little rusty with it, but I do ok with it.

The tango is one of those dances where both parties really need to know the moves, most other dances a guy can lead a lady and she can just follow but with the tango there are a bunch of moves that the lady really needs to know what she's doing.

Well, I don't have a clue but am a very quick study from years of majorette and dance lessons.  It was impressive, some of the best dancing I have seen in years.  Made me envious.  They were all such hams, too!   Rolling Eyes And the bride has an uncle who seems to think he is the Salsa King.  Going to be prepared next gathering, lol!   Very Happy  Never realized how much a part of Latin culture dancing really seems to be.

I've always thought ballroom dancing was 50% knowing the moves and 50% attitude in performing.
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Evening Monkies, how is everyone tonight?

Hi crazy, how are you?  Just happy to be back on.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2006, 11:19:35 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
 Hi SLeuth~!!  DITTO!

Hi Ang.  Whenever I see YR's avatar I think of that picture of the bow by their mailbox....  It kinda grounds me and brings me back to why we are all here...

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 11:21:45 PM »

REALLY!!!!????? I AM impressed! I've just recently begun to learn Salsa.......Boy, is that a work-out on your hips! They "toy" with tango as well, and my little knowledge of it gives me the impression that unless both partners know what they are doing, it would show like a sore thumb!

Yeah, the 'work-out' on the hips is what's called 'Cuban Motion' and is considered a vital part of all 'Latin' dances. Rumba, Cha Cha, Mambo, Somba, etc.
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »

Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
Lipstick anyone?

Yep Wink

I didn't mean anything by my comment, YR, as IMO all questions are welcome.  It just reminded me of the free-for-all-question session.

I saw your earlier post about the bright yellow ribbon when you drove past Beth's.  It is just so sad that they can not find Natalee and thus find closure.

Your comment did not bother me at all.

It is sad. I hope Beth's Safe Travels Foundation remains a constant reminder to people not to travel to Aruba.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
 Hi SLeuth~!!  DITTO!

Hi Ang.  Whenever I see YR's avatar I think of that picture of the bow by their mailbox....  It kinda grounds me and brings me back to why we are all here...

I agree there....
crazybabyborg
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2006, 11:22:40 PM »

Hiya' back, angie, cubbee, and CP405! I'm just intrigued with Carnut's abilities, here! I think we should request a video available on the web. He could do an instructional for the monkies, and then Klaas would have to make a flying sombrero for us to saucer to Aruba in!  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:18 PM »

[I've always thought ballroom dancing was 50% knowing the moves and 50% attitude in performing.

They were having entirely too much FUN, too.  I got the attitude but my instruction was interpretive dance and jazz, modern, etc. not ballroom.  Plus the bride has two brothers to show off with as well.  Wonder how many years they have been practicing!  Lots I would guess and it showed, the older one especially, they looked like pros.  And was shocked to see my son doing Tango as well.  So much for his former shy self, huh!  Suspect the champaign fountain also contributed its share but all of them were dancing fools from the babies to the grandmas.  The only ones sitting it out were on my side of the family and the white kids from my son's job.  They went outside and smoked cigars!  EEeeewwwww!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:44 PM »

A cowboy from Texas gets pulled over by an Arizona DPS Trooper for speeding. The trooper started to lecture the cowboy about his speeding, and in
general began to throw his weight around to try to make the cowboy feel uncomfortable.

Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket. As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.

The cowboy sez, "Y'all havin' some problem with circle flies ?" The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said, "Well yeah, if that's what they're called. But I
never heard of no circle flies."

"Well, sir," the cowboy replies, "circle flies hang around ranches.  They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end
of a horse."

The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. But, a moment later he stops and says, "Are you calling' me a horse's a**?"

"No, sir," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for law enforcement to call y'all a horse's a**."

"That's a good thing," the trooper says and goes back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the cowboy, in his best Texas drawl says, "Hard to fool them flies though."
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »

I was getting gas the other day and a lady at the pump next to me saw my beautiful Natalee bumper sticker (thanks Katz) and she said to me... They haven't found her yet?"
Dunno why , but it always surpises me that some people have more or less forgotten about Natalee still being missing....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »

Hiya' back, angie, cubbee, and CP405! I'm just intrigued with Carnut's abilities, here! I think we should request a video available on the web. He could do an instructional for the monkies, and then Klaas would have to make a flying sombrero for us to saucer to Aruba in!  Laughing

Heh, Heh, I've spent a lot of time and money in ballroom dance studios to find out to my surprise that I was a very good natural dancer.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2006, 11:28:10 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Smoldering ashes glowed in the darkness and trails of light trickled down from a night sky.

Did you see that?

Yes, I saw it and don’t you worry!

The fourth of July was coming soon and ……

.......and suddenly we both realized that it was Old Leatherface out there practicing her electric broom twirls in the midnight sky, getting ready for her debut as the Aruba Fireworks Diva ~
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2006, 11:28:20 PM »

[I've always thought ballroom dancing was 50% knowing the moves and 50% attitude in performing.

They were having entirely too much FUN, too.  I got the attitude but my instruction was interpretive dance and jazz, modern, etc. not ballroom.  Plus the bride has two brothers to show off with as well.  Wonder how many years they have been practicing!  Lots I would guess and it showed, the older one especially, they looked like pros.  And was shocked to see my son doing Tango as well.  So much for his former shy self, huh!  Suspect the champaign fountain also contributed its share but all of them were dancing fools from the babies to the grandmas.  The only ones sitting it out were on my side of the family and the white kids from my son's job.  They went outside and smoked cigars!  EEeeewwwww!

Yeah, that ballroom dancing stuff can really go to your head, once you know some moves and have a good partner, it feels so good it's just natural to start showing off on the floor, no liquor needed at all.

Yah know they call dancing  'vertical expression of horizontal desires'?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2006, 11:29:58 PM »

Sounds about right.

Cool

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2006, 11:30:42 PM »

If'n all you ladies weren't so far away, I'd be more than willing to dance your tootsies off.
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2006, 11:30:43 PM »

Great joke Carnut.

Could there possibly be enough circle flies in Aruba?
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2006, 11:31:12 PM »

Easy,

I have an idea for you. I know a song writer / singer whose songs are stories. He has been popular from the 60s onward. He still performs and has gathered a new young audience who didn't know him from the 60s.

Wherever he goes, he has a little notepad and pencil and writes things down. Something he has seen, or heard or read. Each thought on a little piece of paper is put in a basket with other thoughts on paper. The basket grows every day.

When he sits down to write a song, he goes through the basket and all the thoughts, sentences, parts of sentences, etc. This is his source and inspiration for writing songs/stories. He puts different pieces together and from that comes the lyrics.

Whatcha think?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.