April 25, 2024, 11:23:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT-4-Year-Old Texas Girl Lesley Estefania Perez 5/04/09 (FOUND ALIVE)  (Read 15344 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 8:45 a.m.

A man accused of kidnapping a 4-year-old Hidalgo girl told a judge that he just wants to die.

Christian McMillan was charged with kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault of a child and other criminal charges.
He's accused of kidnapping the girl from her near her home last Tuesday.

Authorities found her 24 hours later at a farm where McMillan lived outside Mercedes.

Officials say a valuable lesson can be learned from this abduction.

"He was casing the neighborhood for three days," Special FBI Agent John Johnson said.  "If you see a suspicious vehicle in your neighborhood, call police.  You never know what that person could be up to."

McMillan is facing up to 99 years or life in prison.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=301123

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FROM Micky @ HFTM
Much of what has been reported on this has not been very accurate. Details are emerging that paint a much different picture.

She was first raped in a field shortly after she was abducted, then repeatedly raped at the farmhouse over the next 24 hours.

It was McMillan who called someone in Houston and confessed to that person what he did, That person contacted LE, thanks to that persons tip she was found alive.

McMillan was charged in Sacramento at age 9 of sexually assaulting two children, since that incident, he has not been in trouble again. I have no idea what the circumstances are that involve the incident at age 9 but I see how he was able to fly under the radar.

Thank goodness that person called in their tip, otherwise LE would have had no clue.

There is an article that covered this not by mainstream media and I will see if I can find an online source for it.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13917&page=5

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

Kidnapping suspect failed to register as sex offender

Authorities arrested Christian Elijalee McMillan, a 23-year-old ex-carnival worker living in Mercedes, about 9:50 p.m. Wednesday at a farm north of that city, near the intersection of Farm-to-Market Road 1425 and Mile 11 North Road.

"This is one of those true child abductor cases that involves a complete stranger," said John Johnson, who heads the FBI office in McAllen.

McMillan ripped Lesley from her older sister's arms about 25 hours earlier as they played in a vacant lot across from their home in the Sanchez Ranch subdivision, according to authorities.

That sister, 12-year-old Brianda, gave police many of the details of the suspect's vehicle and appearance, authorities said.

"She was an incredibly informative witness for us," Johnson said.

The Amber Alert for Lesley's disappearance went out before dawn Wednesday. By that afternoon, authorities had named Hidalgo resident Raul Ornelas, 40, as their suspect.

Police located Ornelas and took him in for questioning but let him go after it became clear he was not their man.

"I don't know why people think he did anything," said Ornelas' wife, Lety Ledesema. "It's been very embarrassing for us."

Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies, aided by the FBI and the Texas Rangers, surveyed the farm where McMillan's truck was spotted Wednesday night. Gray primer paint covered the sides of the Ford F-150 in an attempt "to disguise the truck that was identified," Johnson said.

McMillan stepped outside, apparently unaware he was being watched. Authorities seized the opportunity and arrested him.

"It wasn't necessary for us to do any kind of tactical entry into the house," Johnson said.

He noted that tip lines set up by Hidalgo police were crucial to solving the abduction but would not say what led investigators to McMillan.
By 3:30 a.m. Thursday - almost exactly a day after the Amber Alert was requested - Lesley was back at home.

"When she was found, everyone went outside and gathered, crying in joy," neighbor Maria Rodriguez, a mother of three, said in Spanish.

FAILED TO REGISTER

Whether Lesley was sexually assaulted during her daylong encounter with McMillan remains unclear.

The former carnival worker who had recently relocated to Mercedes has a previous criminal record, including at least one sexual offense when he was a minor.

Sgt. Joshua McVay of the Citrus City Police Department in Sacramento County, Calif., confirmed McMillan registered as a sex offender in 2007 but failed to register again as the law requires.

He is currently violating California law for failing to register as a sex offender, McVay said.

McMillan's history of sexual assault dates back to when he was a minor in Del Norte County, Calif., in the northwest part of the state. McVay had no details on what offense McMillan had committed.

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño said his office has requested certified records about McMillan's failure to register in California. Once the deputies receive those documents, McMillan could also face charges for failing to register when he arrived in Hidalgo County. He is not listed on any Texas sex offender registry.

Agents found Lesley inside the Mercedes home where McMillan was spotted and took her to Knapp Medical Center in Weslaco to check for any signs of abuse. Authorities and relatives said they were waiting to receive the results from those tests.

Lesley was in therapy Thursday afternoon as she recovers from her experience, her aunt Marisol Rivera said.

"She looked a little bit scared when I saw her," Rivera said in Spanish. "I see her traumatized. Earlier she was throwing everything."

Authorities would not elaborate on Lesley's medical condition or on whether McMillan would be charged with sexual assault.

"I can't comment on it," said Hidalgo police Capt. Robert Vela. "Sorry."

‘RETURN TO NORMAL'

In the neighborhood where the abduction took place, children were playing outside Thursday afternoon as their mothers closely watched over them.

About a dozen people were gathered at the Perez household, where balloons were flying and children were served cake.

"We want things to return to normal," said Lazaro Perez, Lesley's father. "We don't want to think about it anymore."

McMillan had cased the neighborhood for three days before he snatched the girl, the FBI's Johnson said.

"Several people saw him and were suspicious of him," he said. "But nobody reported it."

Johnson said people should call police whenever they witness something suspicious. After Lesley's kidnapping, it seems parents in the neighborhood may be more cautious now.

"We were scared, also for our own children," neighbor Glenda Lugo said.

McMillan's arraignment is set for this afternoon in Hidalgo Municipal Court. He will likely face one count of aggravated kidnapping and possibly other charges - felony counts that could send him to prison for up to 99 years upon conviction.

"There was much unity during the ordeal," said Rodriguez, the neighbor with three children of her own. "Everyone got together."

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/mcmillan-98042-lesley-hidalgo.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.