April 18, 2024, 11:51:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: MAY 4: Briant Rodriguez 3yrs old San Bernardino (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 54019 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2009, 08:11:20 AM »

Billboard on 215 Freeway displays information on abduction of Briant Rodriguez
By Stacia Glenn
Posted: 05/11/2009 03:59:15 PM PDT

As investigators continue a desperate search for an abducted San Bernardino boy, a photograph of Briant Rodriguez and information on his captors is flashing on an electronic billboard near Arrowhead Credit Union Park.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said billboards are "so helpful in getting the word out to people who are driving. We want to keep it fresh in people's minds that we're looking for this child."

The billboard can be seen by motorists driving on the 215 Freeway in San Bernardino.

Briant, 3, was taken from his Pedley Road home on May 2 by two Hispanic men who tied up his family and ransacked the house before kidnapping the boy. No motive has been released.

Billboards have also been set up in Tijuana. More than 300 tips and sightings have been called into the Amber Alert hotline in the last week.

The FBI and San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors have offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to Briant's captors or the dark green Ford Bronco they are believed to have been driving.

Briant has brown curly hair, brown eyes, is 3-feet tall and weighs 40 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (866) 346-7632.

Edit to add link per Pink Angel:
 http://**/ci_12344636?source=most_viewed

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:56:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »

David M. Smolin, “Child Laundering: How the Intercountry Adoption System Legitimizes and Incentivizes the Practices of Buying, Trafficking, Kidnapping, and Stealing Children,” ExpressO; Wayne Law Review 52.No. 1 (2006): 113-200.

Abstract: This article documents and analyzes a substantial incidence of “child laundering” within the intercountry adoption system. Child laundering occurs when children are taken illegally from birth families through child buying or kidnapping, and then ”laundered” through the adoption system as ”orphans” and then ”adoptees.” The article then proposes reforms to the intercountry adoption system that could substantially reduce the incidence of child laundering.

A MUST READ..

http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3679&context=expresso

GUATAMALA IS THE SECOND IN THE WORLD IN ILLEGAL ORPHAN ADOPTIONS.
CHILDREN ARE KIDNAPPED AND PUT INTO SAFE HOUSES..THEN LATER SOLD/ADOPTED.

Note:
Richard Cross, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent’s presentation at Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, on April 15, 2005, about his investigation of Lauryn Galindo’s Cambodian operation which bought, defrauded, or kidnapped children from their birth families for the purpose of international adoption. Cross’s investigation led to Galindo being tried and jailed on federal charges.

From Cross's presentation: “I keep getting asked … why didn’t you charge her [Lauryn Galindo] with human trafficking? She couldn’t be charged with human traf-ficking; human trafficking only deals with sex or forced labor. You can get away with buying babies around the world as a United States citizen, it’s not a crime.”

http://www.brandeis.edu/investigate/gender/adoption/CambodiaSources.html

Although in America we have many many freeways..In Mexico and all the way down to Argentina there is ONE major freeway.
It is called the Pan American Highway and I traveled on it for many years.. This is the road they would take to move the victim to a safe house in Guatemala..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »

They would come down through Nogales..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »

There is another route not shown that goes from Laredo Texas to Chicago and into Canada..
IF Tori has suffered a kidnapping by such people then she would be moved on that road..
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »

Officials think Briant is still alive
Tips on kidnapping of 3-year-old pour in
Stacia Glenn, Staff Writer
Posted: 05/12/2009 04:20:42 PM PDT

SAN BERNARDINO - Investigators said Tuesday they have made headway in the case of the 3-year-old San Bernardino boy abducted more than a week ago and that they believe Briant Rodriguez is still alive.

"We are conducting this investigation on the assumption he's still alive. We have no indication otherwise," said San Bernardino County sheriff's Sgt. Doug Hubbard, who is overseeing the search for Briant.

Two armed men took the curly haired boy from his home May 3 after using tape to tie up Briant's mother and four of his siblings as the family prepared to leave for a nearby park.

The motive remains a mystery, but there are 15 detectives searching around the clock for Briant, his captors and the dark green Ford Bronco that was seen speeding from the neighborhood three minutes before Rosalina Millan dialed 9-1-1.

The number of tips has steadily climbed to 400 and are spread across the Western states. Detailed tips are being followed by local investigators and FBI agents, while officers in other states have volunteered to check out lower priority sightings.

Investigators also continue checking surveillance videos at Inland businesses, hoping to find more clues.

Last week, they released surveillance photographs of the kidnappers and their vehicle taken at a local hardware store and a liquor store near Briant's Pedley Road house. The suspects were seen buying the type of tape they used to tie up Briant's family, investigators have
Advertisement
said.

"We're not going anywhere," Hubbard vowed. "We're going to carry on until we've exhausted every possible lead and tip."

A $50,000 reward has been offered by the FBI and the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors for information leading to the arrest of Briant's captors.

Anyone with information on the kidnapping is asked to call the Amber Alert hotline at (866) 346-7632.

http://is.gd/ztZo

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »

anybody seen this today? any connection to Briant possibly? sad, no matter who this child is..

townhall.com/news/.../dead_boy_found_buried_in_sand_at_nm_playground

sorry I am not good at copying links...

Dead boy found buried in sand at NM playground

May 16, 2009 5:03 AM (3 hrs ago) By SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN, AP
 SEE HOW THIS STORY DEVELOPED

» 3 hrs ago: Dead boy found buried in sand at NM playground «
This story ranks # 164 of 3,321
Related Topics: ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.
Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use
Map
Satellite
Hybrid
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Map, News) -
Forensic experts searched a public park late into the night for evidence of who buried the body of a little boy in the playground's sand.

The investigation began Friday afternoon when a woman who took her children to the city park in Albuquerque spotted part of child's shoe sticking out of the sand. She called police.

Investigators later found the body of a boy they believe is between the ages of 3 and 5.

Forensic experts with the state's Office of the Medical Investigator told police the boy could not have been dead longer than 48 hours, police spokesman John Walsh said.
This story continues below
Advertisement

Police had received no reports of missing children in the day before the discovery, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz told a news conference. Schultz said the boy may be from the neighborhood surrounding Alvarado Park but wouldn't elaborate.

"This is one of those cases where I think every minute counts," Schultz said, appealing to the public for help.

Schultz would not say whether there were any wounds on the body.

The boy was wearing a red shirt with the image of a four-wheel drive truck on the front, black nylon pants with red stripes and black shoe

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2009, 09:42:01 AM »

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »

Edward....what are you thinking???...scary...scary...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »

Edward....what are you thinking???...scary...scary...

That is horrible. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »

Just on FOXNEWS - a boy matching the description of Briant has been found ALIVE in Mexico.

Not for sure Briant, that is the report I just heard on Fox, that he matches the description.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »

Just on FOXNEWS - a boy matching the description of Briant has been found ALIVE in Mexico.

Not for sure Briant, that is the report I just heard on Fox, that he matches the description.

Klaas! just heard that myself and was rushing to post about it! oh my God...sweet Lord...let it be him..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »

I'm not seeing anything online yet about this, only heard on TV.  I pray it's him!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »

I'm not seeing anything online yet about this, only heard on TV.  I pray it's him!

me too!! they just had a short news break about it again...haven't seen it anywhere else except Fox...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »

Klaas! just heard that myself and was rushing to post about it! oh my God...sweet Lord...let it be him..
Please, please, please God let it be him! Prayers being sent!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »

http://**/news/ci_12380234

Here is a story on him
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

http://**/news/ci_12380234

Investigators likely found Briant Rodriguez alive in Mexico
By Stacia Glenn
Posted: 05/16/2009 08:26:11 AM PDT

This is what 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez would look like with short hair. (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)A 3-year-old San Bernardino boy who was kidnapped by armed men two weeks ago has likely been found in Mexico, officials said.

Investigators received a call on Friday from officials in Mexicali that a child matching Briant Rodriguez's description had been dropped off at a building there. FBI agents, sheriff's detectives and the boy's mother, Rosana Millan, immediately flew to Mexicali.

Although Mexican officials have not yet allowed them to see the boy, investigators said they believe it is him.

"It sounds very positive," said sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers.

The boy is safe but his head has been shaved. Briant's missing child photograph showed him with shoulder length brown curly hair, but Millan repeatedly said that her son's captors could have cut his hair.

There was no sign of the kidnappers when investigators arrived in Mexico.

Briant was taken from his Pedley Road home on May 3 by two armed men who ransacked his family's house, tied up Millan and four of his siblings before abducting the boy and saying he was taking Briant to Mexico to kill him.

No motive has been established.

Briant's 8-year-old brother almost immediately wiggled free and untied the rest of the family. Millan ran two blocks to the nearest liquor store and called 911 from a shopkeeper's cell phone. A surveillance photograph shows the suspects' green Ford Bronco speeding away from the neighborhood three minutes before the 911 call came in.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »

Why are they  not letting them see the boy?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »

http://breakingnews.abc7.com/2009/05/abducted-boy-may-have-been-found-in-mexico.html

Abducted boy may have been found in Mexico
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Posted by Nancy Chen at 10:28:50 AM

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) - Authorities say a boy matching the description of a 3-year-old boy who was kidnapped from his San Bernardino home may have been found alive in Mexico.

San Bernardino County Sheriff's spokesman Cindy Beavers says Saturday that investigators and FBI agents got a call from officials in the border town of Mexicali on Friday that they found a child who could be Briant Rodriguez.

Detectives and the boy's mother flew to Calexico late Friday but the mother has not yet seen or identified the child, Beavers said.

The boy was abducted May 3 from his San Bernardino home by two men who had tied up his family and robbed his home. Investigators have not established a motive.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »

Why are they  not letting them see the boy?

I'm sure they are letting the family see the boy.  My guess is the reporters haven't gotten that information yet. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »

thanks Klaas! keep up with the updates! oh my gosh...if this is him, then that will be 2 missing children who have been found safe this week! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.