April 26, 2024, 08:53:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: MAY 4: Briant Rodriguez 3yrs old San Bernardino (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 54273 times)
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »

Hello Monkeys

Anyone else get any new news on Briant this morning?
All I got was the samething that has been being reported.
God Bless this little guy I hope he is found soon I bet he is so scared

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »

Armed Robbers Threatened To Kill Abducted Boy, 3SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) ― 
 Briant Rodriguez, 3, was taken from his home in San Bernardino Sunday.
CBS/CBS  UPDATED May 5, 2009 8:54 am US/Pacific

Federal and local authorities Tuesday continued their search for a 3-year-old boy who was snatched from his home by armed robbers who threatened to kill him.

The gunmen burst through the family's front door Sunday and tied up 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, four of his siblings and their mother, Maria Rosalina Millan. They then ransacked the house, stealing money and other property, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.

After about 20 minutes, the men left with Briant, ordering his mother and the other children not to call police, the department said in a statement.

"They grabbed my kid, told me 'I'm going to take the kid to Mexico and I'm going to kill him,"' the distraught Millan said in Spanish to reporters gathered in her front yard Monday night. "I said 'Why? Don't take my kid,' and he told me to 'turn around, I'm going to shoot you. Stop talking."'

The motive for the abduction was unknown.

"There has been no demand for ransom, there has been no contact with the family," sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said Monday.

Miller said authorities along the Mexican border had been put on alert, and FBI investigators were helping in the investigation.

"It's horrifying," sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said. "I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is."

Briant's older brother said the men tried to steal the family car.

"Our keys were inside our car, cause we were about to leave," 14-year-old Benjamin Barasa said. "So they couldn't find them, so they got mad. They took my little brother. He didn't know what was happening, so he wasn't crying."

One of the children -- an 8-year-old boy -- wiggled free from his ties and freed the rest of the family, authorities said.

Briant is the youngest of Millan's seven children.

Her 16-year-old son was not home and another child, who is of adult-age, does not live at home.

The boy's father was at work at the time and the initial investigation pointed to the kidnappers being strangers to the family, Ells said.

The gunmen stole Millan's cell phone, so she had to make the emergency call from a nearby liquor store, Ells said.

No witnesses saw the men's vehicle.

The family lives in a single-story home in a mainly lower-income area abutting the city of San Bernardino, about 60 miles east of Los Angeles.

Anyone with information about the case was urged to contact Sergeant Doug Hubbard or Detective Jon Minard with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at (909) 387-3589.
(© 2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

MODS...I hope I copied and pasted this correctly from CBS2 website.  If I did something wrong, please delete, correct or do whatever you have to do and accept my aplogy in advance Smile

Can't the FBI track the pings of the cell phone? 

They tried to steal the car?  Wow, I hadn't heard that on the local reports.  So, the 3 yr old. didn't know what was happening, but the men were angry, had guns & were tying up the family and he wasn't crying?  That seems very odd... I have a 3yr old boy and I know he would be freaked out.

Even though something is very fishy about about this (imo), my thoughts prayers are with this adorable boy and his family!! 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »

Thanks so much for posting the above.
I didn't hear either that they tried to steal the car.
I so wish they are pinging the cell phone.
I hope this little guy will be found safe he is a little cutie pie.
It just seems odd that no one saw anything I would think that someone in the house screamed when they first came in the door.
So many things floating in my mind.

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »

LOL I'm the only one in here 

I'm thinking something is not right with this case.
I was thinking maybe this was a rural area and not many house near by.
But there is a school across the street from this house so it should be a neighborhood right?
Other houses near and it being mid day then I would think that other family's were out and about kids playing, parents mowing lawn, washing car,

Monkey hugs

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »

But there is a school across the street from this house so it should be a neighborhood right?
Other houses near and it being mid day then I would think that other family's were out and about kids playing, parents mowing lawn, washing car,

Monkey hugs

yes, someone had to have seen something you would think!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_kidnap05.41ebc58.html

Motive unclear in San Bernardino boy's kidnapping, authorities say   
Note:  Click on the above link for story and photos

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_webkidnap05.1190b27.html

Motive unclear in boy's abduction
   Download story podcast

10:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Nearly two days after two armed robbers kidnapped a 3-year-old boy from his San Bernardino home, little Briant Rodriguez remains missing and the question remains: Why was he abducted?

"No demand (has been made) for anything in exchange for Briant," San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said about 7:30 am. "They have not been able to determine a motive."

At 10 a.m., Briant's mom is scheduled to visit sheriff's headquarters to help detectives assemble a composite drawing of her son, Beavers said.

Cash and undisclosed property were taken during the 2:30 a.m. home invasion robbery Monday along the 8000 block of Pedley Road, just northwest of San Bernardino International Airport.

The gunmen tied up the woman and her children, then took Briant with them as they fled, warning his mom not to call police. FBI agents are assisting in the investigation.

--Richard Brooks

rbrooks@PE.com

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

Monkey hugs

ITA... someone would have heard or seen something.  These kidnappers were said to be very angry, which translates to me a lot of yelling and screaming and a lot of commotion (sp?).  I can't help it, but something does not add up.  Why take the boy??  I just don't get it!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »

Monkey hugs

ITA... someone would have heard or seen something.  These kidnappers were said to be very angry, which translates to me a lot of yelling and screaming and a lot of commotion (sp?).  I can't help it, but something does not add up.  Why take the boy??  I just don't get it!!

were these robbers Hispanic as well as the family? did they speak to the mother in English or Spanish? just seems odd that they would specifically mention that they were taking the boy to Mexico and that they were going to kill him...why would they say where they would be headed with the boy? and the child was not crying per one of his brothers...I would think that he would be crying a lot and that he would have understood the words that the robbers were saying? would be frightened?

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:34 PM »

I'm going to put this out there and see what everyones thoughts are

What if something happened to Briant and mother or dad hid him and the cell phone got lost while they where doing the hiding.
So that is why she had to say they took her cell phone.
But if something like this happened then the kids would have to know about it right? Because mother or dad taped them up.

Wonder what time dad went to work?

Please forgive me if I'm way out there with this post I just have so many thoughts and want to see if anyone else has the same.

God Bless Briant and his family I don't mean any disrespect
I'm just wondering

Monkey hugs

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

Monkey hugs

were these robbers Hispanic as well as the family? did they speak to the mother in English or Spanish? just seems odd that they would specifically mention that they were taking the boy to Mexico and that they were going to kill him...why would they say where they would be headed with the boy? and the child was not crying per one of his brothers...I would think that he would be crying a lot and that he would have understood the words that the robbers were saying? would be frightened?

Cookie I have read that they both are hispanic but have not read or heard if they spoke English or Spanish. Seems like a strange commit to make that they are going to kill him. I would think they would have said we are taking him and if you call LE then we will kill him. Maybe she didn't understand what they said if they spoke in English

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »

I was hoping there would be something more. I read in the local comments on the sun times site it is an area riddled with drugs. Could be.

Why a cell phone and money? Seems like there is a payback for unpaid drug deals to me.

I don't understand what was said about the father and who said it,
sits on the porch with his head in his hands??? What does that mean. 
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

I was hoping there would be something more. I read in the local comments on the sun times site it is an area riddled with drugs. Could be.

Why a cell phone and money? Seems like there is a payback for unpaid drug deals to me.

Tracygirl could you post the link you are reading pretty please

Monkey hugs

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_kidnap05.41ebc58.html

Note....if you click link above, there are many pictures with additional information....

Motive unclear in San Bernardino boy's kidnapping, authorities say

Download story podcast

10:04 PM PDT on Monday, May 4, 2009

By IMRAN GHORI
The Press-Enterprise

Photo Gallery: Abduction in San Bernardino

PDF: View the sheriff's flier about a boy kidnapped Sunday in San Bernardino

The mother of a 3-year-old boy kidnapped Sunday afternoon in south San Bernardino said tearfully Monday that she has no idea why her son was snatched by two gunmen.

"She just wants her baby back," said Nancy Vargas, a family friend who translated Rosa Millana's words from Spanish to English.

Authorities said Monday they had few leads. The kidnappers have not been heard from and the family could not provide a description of their vehicle.

Millana said she was getting ready to take five of her six children on an outing to a local park about 2:30 p.m. Sunday when two men armed with handguns burst into the small single-family home in the 8000 block of Pedley Road.

"They told her it was a stick-up," Vargas said.

The men ordered Millana and the children to lie on the floor while they searched the living room and the rest of the house, Vargas said. The father was at work at the time.

Story continues below

Stan Lim / The Press-Enterprise
News crews survey the Pedley Road home of Rosa Millana, foreground, whose 3-year-old son was kidnapped during a home invasion Sunday.
Using red tape, the men tied up Millana and her children, except for 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez.

Vargas said one of the men "told them he was taking the baby to Mexico and going to kill him."

Speaking to reporters from behind a wire fence in her backyard, with her friend Vargas next to her, Millana fought back tears between words and at times sobbed. At one point, she walked away from reporters and leaned on a car parked in the backyard.

She said she doesn't know why her house was targeted.

"They don't know these people. They've never seen them before," Vargas said.

The toddler was confused but not distraught, she said.

"He wasn't crying," Vargas said. "He didn't know what was going on."

It is unclear why the house, northwest of San Bernardino International Airport on the former Norton Air Force Base, was targeted, San Bernardino County sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said.

"It's really puzzling," Ells said. "It's not an area you would consider affluent by any means."

Though the aging neighborhood has a worn appearance, the white-painted house with brown trim has a green lawn and a row of pink and red roses in bloom. The family lives across the street from Monterey Elementary School.

Story continues below

Cindy Greenleaf, 60, who lives in the area, said gang activity, shootings, rapes and drug abuse are common in the neighborhood.

"It's all over the place," she said.

But her thoughts mostly were on the missing boy.

"I just hope and pray they find him," she said.

The Sheriff's Department issued a statewide Amber Alert and has been joined by FBI agents in hunting for the gunmen.

A small amount of cash and some personal belongings were taken by the two men, Ells said. The door of the house was either unlocked or ajar when they entered and the men were in the house 15 to 20 minutes, he said.

During the robbery, one of the men was talking to someone on a walkie-talkie or radio, Vargas said. Millana suspected there was a man outside, but she never saw a car.

After the men left, an 8-year-old boy escaped from the tape and ran toward the door to look for his brother, Vargas said. His mother told him to stay down.

He then helped untie the rest of the family.

The family called 911 from a nearby liquor store, Ells said.

Story continues below

Millana's 14-year-old son, Benjamin Barasa, said he was very frightened during the robbery.

"My heart was pounding hard," Benjamin said.

He said Briant loves Spiderman and SpongeBob SquarePants, which the two had watched earlier Sunday.

Ells said the mother's full name is Maria Rosalina Millana. He did not know her age.

The boy's father, Raul Rodriguez, declined to comment Monday and sat in his backyard with his head down. He was at work as landscaper in Mentone during the crime, sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

"I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is," Ells said.

Though an Amber Alert has been issued for the missing boy, it hasn't been flashed on freeway signs because investigators have no description of a getaway vehicle, Miller said.

The Border Patrol has been alerted in case the men try to cross into Mexico, she said.

Jeff Smith, a 30-year resident of the neighborhood and next-door neighbor to the family, said he didn't know them well but expressed concern for them.

"I know (that) the parents of that kid, they're both heartbroken," he said.

Staff writer Richard Brooks and David Olson contributed to this report.

Reach Imran Ghori 368-9558 or ighori@PE.com

TODDLER TAKEN

Briant Rodriguez, 3, was kidnapped from his San Bernardino home on Sunday, San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies said.

The toddler: 3 feet tall, 40 pounds, long curly brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a yellow shirt with blue sleeves, blue striped shorts and black sandals.

The suspects: Two skinny, light-skinned Hispanic males. One is about 18, 5-feet-8-inches tall, wearing a black cap, blue jeans and a green T-shirt. The other is about 24 years old, 5-feet-10-inches tall and was wearing a black shirt, black pants, black boots and white bandana.

Whom to call: San Bernardino County sheriff's Sgt. Doug Hubbard or Detective Jon Minard at 909-387-3589.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

snip
At 10 a.m., Briant's mom is scheduled to visit sheriff's headquarters to help detectives assemble a composite drawing of her son, Beavers said. snip
------------------------------------------

Maybe I missed something? Why would the mother need to assist in making the composite drawing? We've seen several photographs of him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 05:34:42 PM »

snip
At 10 a.m., Briant's mom is scheduled to visit sheriff's headquarters to help detectives assemble a composite drawing of her son, Beavers said. snip
------------------------------------------

Maybe I missed something? Why would the mother need to assist in making the composite drawing? We've seen several photographs of him.

I think they mean a composite sketch of the kidnappers.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 05:34:51 PM »

You are correct.....perhaps they mean drawings of the suspects??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »

Why didn't I think of that?!!  Thanks guys.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »

Why didn't I think of that?!!  Thanks guys.

Hi Toler!!! so good to see you!!!

does any poster think that one of the older sons could be affiliated with a gang and this is some sortof gang revenge thing? it is too odd that this is a random house that these guys picked..something is up for sure in my opinion..
hope the little one is ok..

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 07:53:34 PM »

Tracygirl could you post the link you are reading pretty please

Monkey hugs
Stacy it was from a post on here.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »

O/T  listening to NG now...a 3 yr old toddler wandered away from his home...dressed only in a diaper went missing Monday morning! a tennis shoe of his has been found about a mile from his home...
Good Lord!
the mom was on the phone, dad was asleep as he works the night shift...Joshua disappeared within 5 minutes...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.