March 28, 2024, 04:41:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: MAY 4: Briant Rodriguez 3yrs old San Bernardino (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 53592 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »

Fox News said the police are going to be making an announcement about this case in the next few hours. The reporter thinks it may be an announcement asking the public for their help in regards to this new tip.

We will have to wait and see.

Unless it's a license plate number or a name of a suspect...what would it be? and if this involves the cartel wouldn't further info being made public put this baby more at risk? I am betting the kidnappers thought the family wouldn't contact LE and if they did it wouldn't become as public as it has because it isn't a "pretty white girl" that the national media normally pick up on. Do you think all this media attention has kept them from making contact with the family and sealed this poor angel's fate? That he has become more of a liability than they expected?

I am praying so hard they find this little guy.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

Fox Report:

There may be a press conference at 2 PM local time. That's PST.

So, 4 pm CST.

He mentioned there may be some video of the two suspects at a gas station. That the car may be able to be identified from this video and there could possible be a third person that was driving the car.

There may be ties to organized crime.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »

The talking head on Fox said they could have taken the mom's cell phone, so they would have a way to contact the family without calling the house. That they could contact a family member/friend that may be in the phonebook of her phone.

Interesting theory on why they may have took her phone.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »

Thanks for the updates, appreciate it greatly. He is only 3 years old! poor little guy is probably scared and wants his mama  heartbreaking what people can do, just heartbreaking
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »

Thanks so much for the updates pink

I feel bad and I'm so sorry that I was looking at the family doing harm to their son.
I'm truely sorry.
I'm sitting here with my mind swimming to tell you the truth I didn't know that the cartel was this big and bad. I mean you watch movies and think this can't be real. When will our little ones ever be truely safe from all the monster of the world.

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519172,00.html

Police Have 'Very Good Lead' in Abduction of 3-Year-Old California Boy
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Authorities may have a significant lead in the kidnapping of a 3-year-old California boy during a brazen armed robbery, they told FOX News.

There was no immediate word on when exactly police in San Bernardino County would announce their findings in the abduction of Briant Rodriguez by gun-wielding thieves.

A news conference was planned for sometime Wednesday afternoon.

Sheriffs have "got a very good lead that the public can help us with," they told FOX.

A homicide detective fluent in both English and Spanish spent several hours Wednesday morning with Briant's mother, Maria Rosalina Millan, who only speaks Spanish.

Detectives say tips have been pouring in, but most weren't yielding any solid information leading to the toddler's whereabouts.

There remained no ransom demand Wednesday morning, according to San Bernardino County sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells.

No motive had been established and federal and local investigators were looking at several theories, including that the Spanish-speaking kidnappers were from Mexico and may have had ties to organized crime there.

Border authorities were put on alert and FBI agents were helping in the investigation.

"Every minute, every second that passes, is critical," investigating Sgt. Doug Hubbard said at a news conference. "But we are remaining positive and investigating it as if we just went on scene."

Two gunmen burst through the family's front door Sunday and tied up Briant along with four of his siblings and their mother, then ransacked the house, stealing money and other property, the Sheriff's Department said.

"If anybody sees him please call the police," Millan said at the news conference. "They might have cut his hair so people don't recognize him, but it's the same beautiful, beautiful face."

Sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said investigators were looking at numerous theories about where the little boy is, who his kidnappers are and what their motive might be.

"They've been looking at many, many avenues," she said. "It's certainly a possibility they were up from Mexico."

The home invasion lasted about 20 minutes, after which the men left with Briant, ordering his mother and the other children not to call police, officials said.

The family lives in a modest, single-story home in a lower-income area abutting the city of San Bernardino, about 60 miles east of Los Angeles.

Police are concerned that TV news vans parked outside the family's house might be keeping the abductors from making contact.

One of the children was able to loosen himself from his ties and freed the rest of the family, authorities said. Briant is the youngest of Millan's seven children. Her 16-year-old son was not home and another adult child does not live at home.

The boy's father was at work at the time and the initial investigation pointed to the kidnappers being strangers to the family, Ells said.

Sheriff's deputies called the California Highway Patrol about 7 1/2 hours after the kidnapping. That agency issued an Amber Alert soon after but they had no witness descriptions of the abductors' vehicle that could be posted on highway information signs to help locate the suspects.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »

I pray this little angel is safe too.

It's a scary world we live in. There seems to be much more evil nowadays...or it's just more public with the 24 hour news cycle (cable news, internet, etc)

So many missing kids, missing teens, missing adults, kids killing their parents, parents killing their kids, fathers killing their whole families. Pedophiles who rape babies, men who exploit young girls, parents that molest their own kids...

It's horrifying if you stop and think about it.

I do volunteer bereavement photography for families that have lost their little angels due to being born to soon or dying soon after birth for various medical reasons. All those little angels that were so wanted and so loved by their parents.

Then there is the Casey Anthony's of the world that are given this perfect little child and they toss their child away like it's trash. 

Any one of my families that I have worked with would have given their life for a live/healthy child. It just doesn't seem fair.

It breaks my heart every time I hear the news anymore.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »

I pray this little angel is safe too.

It's a scary world we live in. There seems to be much more evil nowadays...or it's just more public with the 24 hour news cycle (cable news, internet, etc)

So many missing kids, missing teens, missing adults, kids killing their parents, parents killing their kids, fathers killing their whole families. Pedophiles who rape babies, men who exploit young girls, parents that molest their own kids...

It's horrifying if you stop and think about it.

I do volunteer bereavement photography for families that have lost their little angels due to being born to soon or dying soon after birth for various medical reasons. All those little angels that were so wanted and so loved by their parents.

Then there is the Casey Anthony's of the world that are given this perfect little child and they toss their child away like it's trash. 

Any one of my families that I have worked with would have given their life for a live/healthy child. It just doesn't seem fair.

It breaks my heart every time I hear the news anymore.

Pink Angel what a nobel job you have. I bet you have helped many families hold on to that one moment in time they had with their child. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »

Quote..
"Every minute, every second that passes, is critical"

"Sheriff's deputies called the California Highway Patrol about 7 1/2 hours after the kidnapping."

End quote..

To many seconds and too many minutes.. These people were on a mission. They told mom of there intentions.. 7 1/2 hours ? They are already deep into Mexican Territory.
The worst case scenario...

They have to do better then this next time this happens..
They "LE" needs to listen to there own words.. Every second.. If it gets into hours or days it is over.
These type of people are not like giggly, happy days, Americans.. They are vicious.
Life is cheap, men,women, kids. They will kill anyone..
There are no rules in there world.
Somebody in this family has pissed off somebody in Mexico.. This child is to pay the price.
jmho
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »

Thanks Tracygirl. Not many, a few. I have been a volunteer for almost a year now. Each one is painful but an honor.

They just did an update on Fox and the same reporter theorized that this family may have been "mis-targeted". That they (the bad guys) got the wrong house, which is why they didn't find what they were looking for when they ramsacked the house.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »

$50,000 reward offered in San Bernardino kidnapping case
By Stacia Glenn
Posted: 05/06/2009 12:02:09 PM PDT

A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of two men who abducted a 3-year-old San Bernardino boy from his home Sunday afternoon.

The FBI and San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors have each put up $25,000, sources familiar with the case said.

More than 50 detectives have been scouring Southern California for Briant Rodriguez, following leads from Tijuana to Northern California.

Two men burst into the boy's home on Pedley Road in San Bernardino on Sunday afternoon, tied up the woman and her five children, ransacked the house and warned them not to call police when they took Briant.

Briant's 8-year-old brother was able to wiggle free and untie the family. The mother immediately ran to a nearby liquor store and called 911.

Rosalina Millan spent five hours with sheriff's sketch artists Tuesday afternoon and composite sketches have been released of Briant's captors, who are said to be skinny Hispanic men between the ages of 18 and 24.

It's still a mystery as to why Briant was kidnapped. Detectives are calling it a stranger abduction and Millan has repeatedly said that the family is involved with no illegal activity.

The men took a small amount of money and Millan's cell phone, leaving behind a flat screen television and other valuables.

Anyone with information on Briant's whereabouts is asked to call the Amber Alert hotline at (866) 346-7632 or sheriff's
Advertisement
investigators at (909) 387-3589.

http://**/news/ci_12308299

I read over yonder that they have postponed the scheduled news conference as they are still "working on the new lead". 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »

Maybe That cell phone will get them caught.. 
That would be really cool.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »

Thanks so much for the updates pink

I feel bad and I'm so sorry that I was looking at the family doing harm to their son.
I'm truely sorry.
I'm sitting here with my mind swimming to tell you the truth I didn't know that the cartel was this big and bad. I mean you watch movies and think this can't be real. When will our little ones ever be truely safe from all the monster of the world.

Monkey hugs

Stacey...we do have to look at everyone when a child goes missing, even the family...until they are eliminated, everyone is a suspect I suppose...the mothers/fathers  that have claimed that their children were snatched and then we find out that they harmed their own children have put mistrust in most of us...imo....don't feel bad...everyone of us have probably had our doubts about a family member in a missing child case from time to time...xxxxx

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »

Hoping that the new leads create some Activity - to bring this Little Guy Home.
I want to say that this " law" within the Amber Alert within California needs to be Modified.
Same thing happened with Sandra Cantu - NO AMBER Alert was issued when Sandra was initially reported missing - WHY ? because lack of Description of Vehicle. License plate yadda yadda ... BULL & BUNK.
Its not like there is a child reported missing every 15 mins in California - and if there Were SO What. Put that Amber Alert out.

With this little boy, another thing other than the Time it took to get an Amber Alert issued is .. the Media. I went last night and searched media for information on this little guy - and Every website has his Mother's name spelled incorrectly - or different. How many versions of Millan is there right now in the media within Briant's name.. um Many.
Even that his last name is Rodriguez, more than likely he is going to be identifiable by his Moms' name. For Tips and association ..etc.  Knowing that as it has been reported that this family has no phone " that it was taken" ..Um hello and depending on what News site your reading from " within your area" you may think to yourself OH no that's not the family I know, That's not how they spell their name.
 NO Bother. This family is from what I have read is new to the residence they live in - only have been there 3 mos. So I think it would be very crucial to know the proper spelling of the Family's " Mom's" last name.  This is disturbing that no one can Print the last name " spelled correctly" within the media.  I saw all versions - Milliana, Milan, Milana, Millan, Milana and then it is said her name is Rosalina yet goes by Maria  only on some of the news I have read.   What is the correct Name ? Versions of this name create different " pronunciations" especially within the Hispanic Community in and or out of California - Which LE is focusing on for leads and tips ..  makes no sense to me.  That's my Vent for the day. 

I am praying that this Child is found unharmed and is returned to his parents.
My other thoughts are that these "men" who took him thought he was a little girl due to his hair length.. and then realized he was a little boy. Maybe that will work in his favor and they will let him go like the Little boy in Vegas. That they took the child wrongfully and simply give him back to where he can be found.
Praying for Briant & his Family. 
 an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 09:19:03 AM »

Thank you Cookie

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »

Thank you Cookie

Monkey hugs

anytime...

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »

Hoping that the new leads create some Activity - to bring this Little Guy Home.
I want to say that this " law" within the Amber Alert within California needs to be Modified.
Same thing happened with Sandra Cantu - NO AMBER Alert was issued when Sandra was initially reported missing - WHY ? because lack of Description of Vehicle. License plate yadda yadda ... BULL & BUNK.
Its not like there is a child reported missing every 15 mins in California - and if there Were SO What. Put that Amber Alert out.

With this little boy, another thing other than the Time it took to get an Amber Alert issued is .. the Media. I went last night and searched media for information on this little guy - and Every website has his Mother's name spelled incorrectly - or different. How many versions of Millan is there right now in the media within Briant's name.. um Many.
Even that his last name is Rodriguez, more than likely he is going to be identifiable by his Moms' name. For Tips and association ..etc.  Knowing that as it has been reported that this family has no phone " that it was taken" ..Um hello and depending on what News site your reading from " within your area" you may think to yourself OH no that's not the family I know, That's not how they spell their name.
 NO Bother. This family is from what I have read is new to the residence they live in - only have been there 3 mos. So I think it would be very crucial to know the proper spelling of the Family's " Mom's" last name.  This is disturbing that no one can Print the last name " spelled correctly" within the media.  I saw all versions - Milliana, Milan, Milana, Millan, Milana and then it is said her name is Rosalina yet goes by Maria  only on some of the news I have read.   What is the correct Name ? Versions of this name create different " pronunciations" especially within the Hispanic Community in and or out of California - Which LE is focusing on for leads and tips ..  makes no sense to me.  That's my Vent for the day. 

I am praying that this Child is found unharmed and is returned to his parents.
My other thoughts are that these "men" who took him thought he was a little girl due to his hair length.. and then realized he was a little boy. Maybe that will work in his favor and they will let him go like the Little boy in Vegas. That they took the child wrongfully and simply give him back to where he can be found.
Praying for Briant & his Family. 
 an angelic monkey

I think we are all in agreement that the Amber Alert qualifications need to be changed. When i was ranting about it in connection with the Victoria Stafford disappearance in Canada someone i work with pointed out.  If the rules the LE use right now weren't in place would the Amber Alert system still work or become more common place and not everyone would pay attention to it.  I don't think they should wait until they have a car id'd the sooner the better.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »

'Very Good Lead' in Abduction of 3-Year-Old California Boy Falls Short

A significant lead in the kidnapping of a 3-year-old California boy during a brazen armed robbery turned up no new information, the San Bernardino Sun reported.

San Bernardino County sheriff's office said Wednesday in a statement they "got a very good lead that the public can help us with," but that tip fizzled.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519360,00.html

Darn. . .   

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »

News conference called in abduction of 3-year-old boy
By Stacia Glenn
Posted: 05/07/2009 01:23:13 PM PDT

Sheriff's detectives said they will be holding a news conference at 2:30 p.m. to discuss the progress of an ongoing investigation into the abduction of 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez.

The boy was taken Sunday afternoon from his San Bernardino home during a home invasion robbery. No motive has been established.

Two men tied up Briant's mother and four siblings and ransacked the house before taking the boy.

Investigators are following up on more than 100 tips that have been called in to the Amber Alert hotline, (866) 346-7632.

http://**/breakingnews/ci_12317208

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2009, 05:08:31 PM »

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has done released a new sketch of what he would look like with all his beautiful curls cut off.
Which I think is a great idea!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.