March 29, 2024, 12:00:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: MAY 4: Briant Rodriguez 3yrs old San Bernardino (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 53597 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« on: May 04, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. —  A 3-year-old boy was kidnapped by two gunmen who broke into his family's home, tied up his mother and her five children, robbed the house and left with the child, authorities said.

The California Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert late Sunday for 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, about nine hours after he was taken from his San Bernardino home.

The men, each carrying a handgun, burst through the front door of the home, tied up the family, then ransacked the house and stole money and property, said Cindy Beavers, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The men then left with Briant and told the still-bound mother and four other children not to call police.

One of the children freed himself then untied the rest of the family, Beavers said. Beavers did not know the ages of the rest of the children but said she believed Briant was the youngest.

The mother told investigators she did not know the two Hispanic men, one estimated to be 18 years old, the other 24.

"We have no idea why they took the child," Beavers said. "They were strangers to the whole family."

No witnesses saw the men's vehicle.

Briant is a Hispanic boy 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds, with brown eyes and long, curly brown hair. He was wearing a yellow shirt, blue-striped shorts and black sandals when he was taken.

San Bernardino is about 60 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
Edit to add link:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518779,00.html

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:14:39 PM by klaasend » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »

thanks Jess...
why did it take 9 hours for the amber alert, anyone know?
darling little child...hope that he is ok...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. —  A 3-year-old boy was kidnapped by two gunmen who broke into his family's home, tied up his mother and her five children, robbed the house and left with the child, authorities said.

The California Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert late Sunday for 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, about nine hours after he was taken from his San Bernardino home.

The men, each carrying a handgun, burst through the front door of the home, tied up the family, then ransacked the house and stole money and property, said Cindy Beavers, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The men then left with Briant and told the still-bound mother and four other children not to call police.

One of the children freed himself then untied the rest of the family, Beavers said. Beavers did not know the ages of the rest of the children but said she believed Briant was the youngest.

The mother told investigators she did not know the two Hispanic men, one estimated to be 18 years old, the other 24.

"We have no idea why they took the child," Beavers said. "They were strangers to the whole family."

Briant is a Hispanic boy 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds, with brown eyes and long, curly brown hair. He was wearing a yellow shirt, blue-striped shorts and black sandals when he was taken.

San Bernardino is about 60 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518779,00.html

They have extreme evil intensions for the boy. mo.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »

This is in the same area of Amber Dubois and April Pitzer..

There are many unsolved missing persons cases in this area..

http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/coldcases/coldcase.asp
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »

They just did an amber alert on the tv news here. 9 hours is a long time, I wonder how long the family was tied up? This isn't good, the mom didn't know the men, no one knows what kind of car or where it went?
Why take the boy? I wonder who the father is?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/index
There is a story on the video links to this. This apparently happened yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon! The neighbor who the mom ran to after being freed, said the men told the mom they were taking the boy to mexico and will kill him? WTH???
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »

Father was at work when this happened.. 

Mom was told that they WOULD take the boy to Mexico and KILL him..
Unfortunately, I am sure there is other intentions..

The boarder guard was put on high alert..Which means very little..mo.
The F.B.I. is now involved which means very little..mo.

"It's horrifying," sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said. "I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is."
Not true..Home invasions and kidnappings ? It happens every day in Mexico and is happening more frequently inside the united states.. MANY cases of this last year..
For him to make a statement like that shows pure ignorance..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/05/04/state/n000759D60.DTL

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »

This is a case of revenge.. mo.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

I agree with you Edward.  This is a case of revenge.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

I agree with you Edward.  This is a case of revenge.   

always the innocent who pay for the sins of others...
what a darling child....

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »

This is sad.  When I first saw the picture, I thought this was a little girl.  I wonder if the
kidnappers did also.

Thanks for getting this information here for us.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »

This is sad.  When I first saw the picture, I thought this was a little girl.  I wonder if the
kidnappers did also.

yes...he could be mistaken for a female with his long hair...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 09:17:41 PM »

kidnappers did also.

I wonder if it was drug related? There is not much information about this. i don't know why one day after this is being reported. Nothing about this yesterday. He could be anywhere in the world right now. I pray he is ok and will be dropped off somewhere. He is only 3 years old.....
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

kidnappers did also.

I wonder if it was drug related? There is not much information about this. i don't know why one day after this is being reported. Nothing about this yesterday. He could be anywhere in the world right now. I pray he is ok and will be dropped off somewhere. He is only 3 years old.....

truly heartbreaking...
I hope that he is ok...
Nothing hardly on the news...why???

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »

Nancy Grace - CNN Headline News - covered the case as did Greta on FoxNews. 

Mom told police that men were young (18 and 24) Hispanic males, thin, armed with handguns...men that she did not know.  The men bound the family with red duct tape (?) and the 8 year old wiggled out and freed the rest of the family. The men took a cell phone and some money from the Mom's jacket....and the child. 

The men told the Mom that they were taking the child to Mexico and would kill him.

When asked about the father and his job, the local reporter said that she did not know.  The father spent most of the day on the back porch with his head in his hands.  This child is the only biological child of the father.

Marc Klaas says its time to stop waiting for an Amber Alert....this time because there was no description of a car.  A 3 year old needs help immediately.....9 hours is way too long.

Perhaps there will be a transcript of the show later in the morning.  Best I could do while listening to Nancy fuss at her guests.... Rolling Eyes

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 07:30:30 AM »

Nancy Grace - CNN Headline News - covered the case as did Greta on FoxNews. 

Mom told police that men were young (18 and 24) Hispanic males, thin, armed with handguns...men that she did not know.  The men bound the family with red duct tape (?) and the 8 year old wiggled out and freed the rest of the family. The men took a cell phone and some money from the Mom's jacket....and the child. 

The men told the Mom that they were taking the child to Mexico and would kill him.

When asked about the father and his job, the local reporter said that she did not know.  The father spent most of the day on the back porch with his head in his hands.  This child is the only biological child of the father.

Marc Klaas says its time to stop waiting for an Amber Alert....this time because there was no description of a car.  A 3 year old needs help immediately.....9 hours is way too long.

Perhaps there will be a transcript of the show later in the morning.  Best I could do while listening to Nancy fuss at her guests.... Rolling Eyes

Makes ya wonder why these people on her show let her get away with speaking to them the way that they do...she is so nasty to most of them imo....

I agree with Marc....why the 9 hr wait? they don't have a car description but they certainly do have the child's description...start with that....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

Something isn't right with this case.  I don't know if his family is involved with drugs or what, but something isn't right.  Also, why is Briant's hair so long when his brothers hair is cut short?  Very strange to me the hair:

8yr old brother Raul

http://cbs2.com/local/home.invasion.kidnap.2.1001393.html

May 5, 2009 1:43 am US/Pacific
Officials Continue To Search For Abducted Boy, 3
Authorities Along The U.S.-Mexico Border Have Been Put On AlertSAN

BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) ― 

Authorities along the U.S.-Mexico border have been put on alert for any sign of a 3-year-old San Bernardino boy who was reported snatched at gunpoint from his family's home.

Officials are searching for Briant Rodriguez, who was abducted by two gunmen.

Sheriff's officials say two gunmen burst through the front door of the family's home about 2:30 Sunday afternoon and tied up the boy, his four siblings and their mother.

They then ransacked the house and stole money and other property and left with the boy.

After about 20 minutes, the men left with Briant, telling the still-bound mother and the other children not to call police, the department said in a statement.

"It's horrifying," sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said. "I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is."

One of the children, an 8-year-old boy, wiggled free from his ties and freed the rest of the family, sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers said. Briant is the youngest sibling and the others range in age to 16.

The boy's father was at work at the time and the initial investigation pointed to the kidnappers being strangers to the family, Ells said.

(snipped)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

I agree with Klaas. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »

I agree with Klaas. 

me too...

something is not setting right with me...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »

also, is that a gun that the Briant is holding in the above photo? I realize that it is a toy if it is one...

do kids play with toy guns anymore? I really don't see that many kids playing with them nor do I notice them in stores like when my kids were younger...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.