April 19, 2024, 09:13:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Fitzpatrick missing in Spain  (Read 12449 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« on: April 20, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »

Amy Fitzpatrick went missing on the evening of New Years Day 1st January 2008 at approximately 10pm when she left her friends house in the tourist resort of Riviera Del Sol on the Costa Del Sol to take the 10 minute walk to her house.

Amy was 15 at the time of her disappearance she has black hair, is 1.65m tall, and was wearing brown crushed velvet tracksuit bottoms and a black T-Shirt with the word 'Diesel' in various different colours when she was last seen. Amy is originally from Clarehall in Dublin and moved to the Costa Del Sol four years ago.

Christine Kenny recently wrote to Pope Benedict in Rome asking for prayers for the family in the search for Amy. 
The family of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick had their spirits lifted by a message from Pope Benedict.

http://www.searchforamy.com/

This is a European BIG story.. But Amy has not been found.
Spain is just like Aruba. It is corrupt and this girl is either murdered or a slave.
This family is lost for answers.
jmho

We are campaigning in an appeal to the European Parliament for European Alert System to be put in place for Missing Children
We are asking all parents, Grand-parents, extended family, friends and there children to sign our petition it only takes a couple of seconds to sign

Support

Christopher Fitzpatrick (Amy Fitzpatrick Dad) Christine Kenny (Amy's Fitzpatrick Aunt), Billy Kenny, Christine’s family, Joe Power, Claudine Hope, Maura & Joe Martin, Sandra & Alan O'Brien www.miss.ie, are Backing the Campaign in an appeal to The European Parliament. We need your support too. Please sign our petition and Make the Politicians listen to us.

We are also looking for volunteer's in Ireland and in European countries to help assist in our on-going campaign to get signatures on the petition to get a European Alert System set into place. Please Email Us

AMBER ALERT

This is a system that is set up in America and has been very successful in locating missing children

The AMBER Alert Program, named for 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, is a voluntary partnership between law-enforcement agencies, broadcasters, and transportation agencies to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases. Broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to air a description of the abducted child and suspected abductor. This is the same concept used during severe weather emergencies. The goal of an AMBER Alert is to instantly galvanize the entire community to assist in the search for and safe recovery of the child.

How does the Alert system work?

Alerts are sent out via the Emergency Alert System (or Emergency Broadcast System, originally designed to disperse information after a nuclear attack) to law enforcement agencies and radio and television stations. The announcements are prefaced by a special "Abducted Child Statement" code, to differentiate them from tornado or flood warnings. Some states also use large traffic alert signs on their highways, especially when the suspect is believed to have access to a car.

Link to online petition:

http://www.searchforamy.com/petition.htm

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

"ANYONE CONNECTED TO AMY'S CASE PLEASE CONTACT THE PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR WWW.LIAMABRADY.IE"
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

In his blog, Gerry McCann  mentioned the disappearance of a child in Spain. Also missing from Spain is 15-year-old Amy Fitzpatrick. Neither child is listed at the ICMEC.

There are 20 missing children listed from Spain with most dating back to the 1990’s. However, 7-year-old Jeremi Jose Vargas Suarez went missing in March 2007. He is listed under Case Type: Endangered Missing.

Gerry’s Blog/Diary
Day 257 - 15/01/2008
Kate and I were dismayed to learn today that a 5-year-old girl has been missing from Huelva, in Southern Spain since Sunday evening. As many of you know, Heulva is approximately a 2 hour drive from Praia da Luz and we went there in early August to publicise Madeleine’s disappearance. Hearing of the probable abduction of Mari Luz Cortesa has brought many awful emotions flooding back. We hope and pray that Mari is quickly found and returned safely to her family.

Amy Fitzpatrick went missing New Year’s Day.

It is now two full weeks since the 15-year-old was last seen. She left her friend’s house at 10pm on New Year’s Day but failed to make it home, a 20-minute walk away.

Amy Fitzpatrick, missing from Mijas, turned 16 years old on February 7, 2008. She remains missing.

PRESS RELEASE

Issued: 9th August 2008
for Immediate Release

URGENT - LET’S NOT FORGET AMY FITZPATRICK MISSING SINCE 1ST JANUARY 2008

“Forever Searching” are a group who actively raise awareness of missing children, throughout the world. We need your assistance in re-raising public awareness to missing Amy Fitzpatrick
Irish Girl Amy Fitzpatrick disappeared on the evening of New Year’s Day 1st January 2008 at approximately 10pm when she left her friends house in the tourist resort of Riviera Del Sol on the Costa del Sol to take the 10 minute walk to her house.
Amy was 15 at the time of her disappearance; she has black hair, (could be dyed blonde again) blue eyes and has a pale complexion. She is 1.65m tall and was wearing dark coloured crushed velvet tracksuit bottoms and a black T-shirt with the word “DIESEL” in various different colours when she was last seen. She had no money, phone or passport as she was still on her Mum’s passport. She was wearing her friend’s clothes and carrying a bag of her own dirty clothes. She turned 16 on the 7th February 2008. On the night Amy disappeared she was babysitting in her friend Ashley’s home. Ashley watched Amy walk away form her door and that was the last time Amy was seen.
Amy is originally from Clare Hall on Dublin’s North side and she moved to The Costa del sol with her Mum Audrey, her brother Dean and Audrey’s partner Dave 4 years ago. Amy had been off school for over a year after been bullied, and had confided in friends that she felt unhappy in Spain and yearned for a return to Ireland. Her computer and phone have been checked thoroughly and nothing was found to suggest she has left voluntarily with someone. Amy has numerous sites on social networking sites, e.g. bebo, my space, face book and MSN and none of them have been touched since she went missing.

Anyone with information on what happened to Amy or her whereabouts is urged to immediately contact
SPANISH POLICE 0034 952 479 030
To speak to the police in English 0034 636 079 619
Amy’s Mum: 0034 617 561 319

Please Help Find Amy

Hi - my name is Christopher Fitzpatrick and I’m Amy’s dad.

It has been 12 months since Amy went missing in Mijas, Spain. Not a day has gone by since then that her family and friends have not suffered to know where Amy is. I know, from the many letters of support and calls I have received, that the pain of her disappearance is shared by many of you - family, friends and even people who did not know Amy but for whom the story has touched a nerve. Thank you all for your support to date but this is an appeal for more.

We know that there are people who have information which would help bring Amy back. This is a special appeal to those who, for whatever reason, have chosen to remain silent or who have not been able to share information up to now. Please, please - do the right thing and share what you know.

We have retained the services of Liam Brady to assist in reviewing the details of the case. In Ireland - information can be given to the Gardaí. In Spain, the Guardia Civil can be contacted on +34-636-079-619. If you cannot contact the relevant authorities or the family - then perhaps you can contact Liam or provide information in private.

Whether you have direct knowledge of what happened or are simply a friend who might have heard or seen something around that time which may be relevant - please take the time to send details no matter how insignificant they may appear.

We are also appealing to third parties who may have come in contact with information or people connected with the case. Perhaps you know specific details or have seen information (whether confirmed or otherwise) which may give a new direction to the search. Howsoever, you have come by information which may be relevant, you can be assured of my appreciation and blessing for any details which you can share which can help bring Amy back.

Thank you for taking the time to read this appeal and for any information which you can share.

Christopher

taken from http://www.liamabrady.ie

http://www.searchforamy.com

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »

One of my nieces got her degree from Stanford university and decided to go teach in Spain..
She was harassed by a male.. She told police and they told her not to worry about it.
He attempted to abduct her and she told police and they told her there was nothing they could do about it..
He was stalking her every move and her dad brought her back to the united states quickly.

This girl was under such threat she had to leave school in Spain.
That tells the story to me.
I am sure the spanish police can do nothing about it.. They are so damn corrupted !!
Never trust them !!

For all anyone knows this girl was sold off into forced servitude or just raped and murdered.

This case is like Natalee Holloway in Ireland.. Nobody is listening in Spain.
It is also Like Madeline ..As The portuguese Police would just love to make you think it is the parents that murdered her. The Spanish police just want everyone to think AMY just ran away with some boy.

This is the MO of the organized crime world.
JMHO
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »

I watched the movie Taken the other night...daughter in the show went with a friend to Paris...was abducted and was going to be sold as sex slave...these girls were drugged and kept in small rooms blah blah...it was frightening to see what is/could be going on in the world that some of us had/have no idea is going on! It is a big business...the abductors have no feelings for these girls/boys at all...it is all about money for them...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »

Missing Amy's mother to be evicted from home in Spain
Monday August 03 2009

THE mother of missing Irish schoolgirl Amy Fitzpatrick is being evicted from her Spanish home after falling behind on mortgage repayments.

Yesterday Audrey Fitzpatrick said she would lose her home after the family fell €38,000 in arrears on repayments for the property at Mijas in southern Spain, and that her bank had ordered the house to be repossessed.

And she said she is in a state of "panic" because there will be no one at home when her daughter, who she is convinced is still alive, returns.

Fifteen-year-old Amy disappeared on New Year's Day 2008 after she left a friend's house to walk home along an unlit path she used as a short cut.

Her mother said Spanish police are re-interviewing potential witnesses in an effort to find her daughter, but that the Irish embassy has not offered help.

She and her partner, David Mahon, are €38,000 in arrears on repayments for their home and will now be forced to find rented accommodation.

The couple only returned to work in recent weeks and she said they could not afford to pay their mortgage, having spent their savings trying to find missing Amy.

"I panic if I go anywhere or travel because I think she might build up the courage to come back and I won't be there," she said last night.

"She's very like myself, very stubborn and strong-minded. She's very independent, and that's the one thing I know will keep her safe. She's either up the road or thousands of miles away.

"We have a monthly meeting with them [the police]. They apologised for not having any new leads or evidence, and the only thing they can do is re-interview people. Between sightings and phone calls, they're going to do everything again.

"It's 19 months now since she went missing. The only people who have been the best to us is the Guardia Civil. I don't have a line to the Irish embassy.

Contact

"We have never been given the number of anybody in the embassy, we can only call Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm. We've never had a phone call to ask is there anything that can be done." The Department of Foreign Affairs said that the Irish embassy was in contact with the family and offering "full assistance".

But Ms Fitzpatrick says there is no contact person at the embassy in Madrid to speak with about the case, and that she could only ring the embassy in a four-hour period every day.

The family have engaged a private detective agency to help investigate Amy's disappearance but it has not found any new leads.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/missing-amys-mother-to-be-evicted-from-home-in-spain-1849619.html?r=RSS

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »

This just tops off an astoundingly ignored case..
  This poor girl was probably attacked by others..
 It could be a case of kidnap and forced into human trafficking under forced sexual servitude... The police possibly involved as they are so corrupted in Spain..

This also could have been an attack by others that she went to school with who had made verbal threats against her..

The family has done so much to find there daughter and the police have done so little and the Irish Embassy has done NOTHING !

Now that family is suffering financially because they are spending there money on private investigators who are also probably corrupted too !!!

Spain is not a great place .. anyone who thinks so is prolly a tourist.

This whole case is a crime in itself..
I can't believe how Ireland and the world have ignored this case.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 07:29:57 AM »

Amy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/amy-fitzpatrick

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »

IMPORTANT documents relating to the disappearance of Irish teenager Amy Fitzpatrick were stolen when burglars broke into the home of her family's lawyer, it was revealed yesterday.

The thieves struck on Monday night at Spanish lawman Juan de la Fuente's detached €1m villa near Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol.

Amy's mum Audrey Fitzpatrick (41) and stepdad Dave Mahon (38) had recently handed him files of paperwork on the search for their daughter.

The burglars took thousands of euro in cash as well as the documents, but left behind around €30,000 in valuables including paintings and a plasma screen television.

Laptop

In August 2008 the couple's home in Riviera del Sol, near Fuengirola, was broken into and a laptop they were using in the search for Amy was stolen, as well as her old Nokia mobile phone.

Yesterday Dave said: "They broke into our lawyer's house on Monday night shortly after we got back from a trip to Ireland.

"We were all out for dinner together and when he got home he discovered the break-in.

"We had handed over a number of important documents following our trip to Ireland. They were stolen, as well as some civil guard documents relating to the case.

"Some of the documents were in the back of the lawyer's black Seat Leon car, which was stolen. What is strange is that they left behind some very expensive valuables and a wallet which was left open on the side. That strikes us as very unusual. If it was a standard break-in, surely they would have taken the valuables and the wallet. We spoke to the Civil Guard about our concerns but they were not in the least bit interested."

The 32-year-old lawyer said the burglars got in to his property by forcing a locked garden gate. He added: "The stolen documents included confidential police reports about Amy's disappearance.

"I believe the burglary was related to Amy's disappearance. It makes no sense that they took documents which financially are worthless, and left behind all my expensive valuables like TVs, computers and music equipment."

Amy was 15 when she disappeared in 2008. Four friends in Ireland each put up €250,000 to help her parents find Amy. The reward is available until May 19.

Helpers have taken dozens of calls on the Spanish mobile (0034) 687202907.

- Tom Worden

Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/thieves-take-vital-papers-in-hunt-for-missing-amy-2166609.html

This is organized... Murder or ??

This is Organized... It could be Human Trafficking.

This is Organized.. Much more then some threats at school.

Spain is a very corrupt place.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

MADRID – A 49-year-old American woman who lived in the southern Spanish city of Seville was killed, cut up into pieces and thrown into a river, police said Wednesday.

A 30-year-old Spanish man who knew the victim has been arrested, and a police search of his apartment turned up blood stains, a National Police official said. The nature of their relationship and any possible motive for the killing were not immediately known.

The woman, a mother of one child, was a longtime resident of Seville and a native of New York, the official said, without specifying if that meant the city or the state. She was reported missing over the weekend.

Authorities have identified the woman but will not release her name, in line with Spanish police policy, the official said. They identified the suspect only by the initials A.G.S.

Police divers searched near a bridge over the Guadalquivir River for two days and found a bag containing the woman's head and one of her arms and a suitcase with the rest of her body, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with department rules.

The police official would not confirm Spanish media reports that the suspect had confessed to police or that the victim had worked as an English teacher.

The suspect had been facing a court summons for a previous, unspecified offense, the official said.

The U.S. Embassy in Madrid and the U.S. consulate in Seville said they had no information on the case.

================================================================

She was a teacher and this guy has been after her for awhile.. she put a restraining order on him. he killed her.
could have happened anywhere.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

MADRID – A 49-year-old American woman who lived in the southern Spanish city of Seville was killed, cut up into pieces and thrown into a river, police said Wednesday.

A 30-year-old Spanish man who knew the victim has been arrested, and a police search of his apartment turned up blood stains, a National Police official said. The nature of their relationship and any possible motive for the killing were not immediately known.

The woman, a mother of one child, was a longtime resident of Seville and a native of New York, the official said, without specifying if that meant the city or the state. She was reported missing over the weekend.

Authorities have identified the woman but will not release her name, in line with Spanish police policy, the official said. They identified the suspect only by the initials A.G.S.

Police divers searched near a bridge over the Guadalquivir River for two days and found a bag containing the woman's head and one of her arms and a suitcase with the rest of her body, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with department rules.

The police official would not confirm Spanish media reports that the suspect had confessed to police or that the victim had worked as an English teacher.

The suspect had been facing a court summons for a previous, unspecified offense, the official said.

The U.S. Embassy in Madrid and the U.S. consulate in Seville said they had no information on the case.

================================================================

She was a teacher and this guy has been after her for awhile.. she put a restraining order on him. he killed her.
could have happened anywhere.

Do you have a link for this, Edward?  Please post it if you have it or can find it again.  Thanks 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9256260

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9I3O4401.htm

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.