April 20, 2024, 01:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pa. mom in baby-as-weapon case posts bail  (Read 2782 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »

Pa. mom in baby-as-weapon case posts bail

May 5, 6:37 PM EDT
ERIE, Pa. (AP) -- A northwestern Pennsylvania woman appealing her conviction for swinging her infant at her boyfriend during a 2006 fight has made bail.
Erie County Judge William Cunningham set bond Tuesday for 29-year-old Chytoria Graham and her mother posted $20,000 cash within hours. She was sentenced in 2007 to up to 10 years in prison for aggravated assault and other charges. She is appealing her conviction and sentence to the state Superior Court.
In her appeal, Graham claims the public defenders who represented her at trial were ineffective.
Graham confessed to police that she swung her son like a baseball bat and hit her boyfriend with the baby. The baby has recovered from a fractured skull suffered during the fight in October 2006.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BABY_AS_WEAPON?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »

Pa. mom in baby-as-weapon case posts bail

May 5, 6:37 PM EDT
ERIE, Pa. (AP) -- A northwestern Pennsylvania woman appealing her conviction for swinging her infant at her boyfriend during a 2006 fight has made bail.
Erie County Judge William Cunningham set bond Tuesday for 29-year-old Chytoria Graham and her mother posted $20,000 cash within hours. She was sentenced in 2007 to up to 10 years in prison for aggravated assault and other charges. She is appealing her conviction and sentence to the state Superior Court.
In her appeal, Graham claims the public defenders who represented her at trial were ineffective.
Graham confessed to police that she swung her son like a baseball bat and hit her boyfriend with the baby. The baby has recovered from a fractured skull suffered during the fight in October 2006.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BABY_AS_WEAPON?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

why in the world would her mother, the grand mother of his child bail her out? if that was my daughter/son and my grand child...she would rot in jail...I hope that she has no access to this child while she is out! I hope that the grand mother won't have access to the baby either after a stunt like that..bailing out the person who almost killed her grand child...I am appalled!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090507/NEWS02/305079950/-1/NEWS02

Mother who swung baby released on bail

Published: May 07. 2009 12:01AM

Chytoria Graham has been released from the Erie County Prison as she appeals her assault sentence to state Superior Court.

Graham, 29, left the prison on Wednesday, a prison official said. Her release came a day after her mother posted $20,000 cash bail. Paperwork issues delayed Graham's release until then.

Graham, of Erie, was sentenced to five to 10 years in state prison in December 2007 for her conviction for swinging her month-old son during a fight with her boyfriend in 2006. Erie County Judge William R. Cunningham, who sentenced Graham, set bond Tuesday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »

http://tinyurl.com/o5nyql

Erie mom's baby-swinging sentence upheld on appeal

The Associated Press
 Posted on Fri, May. 22, 2009
ERIE, Pa. - A northwestern Pennsylvania woman who swung her infant like a baseball bat at her boyfriend in a 2006 fight has lost her appeal and must return to prison.

Erie County Judge William Cunningham on May 5 released 29-year-old Chytoria Graham on $20,000 bond pending her appeal.

But now the judge says Graham must surrender by Wednesday so she can resume serving her five- to 10-year sentence, after the state Superior Court affirmed the penalty Friday.

Graham was sentenced in 2007 for aggravated assault and other charges, but appealed claiming her public defenders were ineffective.

Graham confessed to police that she swung her then 4-week-old son like a baseball bat and hit her boyfriend with the baby in October 2006. The baby has recovered from a fractured skull.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

did she turn herself in?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »

did she turn herself in?

I have been trying to get more information about this case.  Some of the articles require payment to view.  Here is a picture of Chytoria Graham from an article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519038,00.html

No really new information, unfortunately.  I will try to check back as I can and see if there are new developments. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:43:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.