April 18, 2024, 08:42:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The cost of illegal immigrantion.  (Read 2145 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 06, 2009, 06:51:17 AM »

Is illegal immigration a self-perpetuating financial disaster? 

We have a legal road to citizenship in this county.  Why don't illegal immigrants use it?

Immigration is a net drain on the economy; corporate interests reap the benefits of cheap labor, while taxpayers pay the infrastructural cost. FAIR research shows "the net annual cost of immigration has been estimated at between $67 and $87 billion a year. The National Academy of Sciences found that the net fiscal drain on American taxpayers is between $166 and $226 a year per native household. Even studies claiming some modest overall gain for the economy from immigration ($1 to $10 billion a year) have found that it is outweighed by the fiscal cost ($15 to $20 billion a year) to native taxpayers."

http://www.cairco.org/econ/econ.html

How much could the nation save if it started deporting illegal aliens?   It looks like the U.S. is a benefits/welfare magnet. 

Who in government takes their fiduciary responsibility seriously?  Who's looking out for Obama's "ordinary citizens"?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:57:07 AM »

From that same article ~

"In the NAFTA era, a staggering 87 percent of Mexico's imports go to the United States, while Mexicans living in the United States send home more than $8 billion annually. Fox has said he considers his constituency to include the 22 million to 24 million Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in the United States. Mexican candidates now make campaign stops in U.S. cities like Los Angeles, Phoenix and Fresno, Calif." (Mexico's muddle, Ruben Navarrette Jr., March 26, 2003)

"What past immigration has done -- and what the temporary worker program will continue to do on a potentially larger scale -- is to depress wages and increase profits of the firms that employ the immigrants," Borjas said. "The reduction in earnings occurs regardless of whether the immigrants are legal or illegal, permanent or temporary. It is the presence of additional workers that reduces wages, not their legal status."

Is it in the best interests of America to have a population of millions that can vote in two nations?  Estimates are that there are between 12-20 million illegal aliens in the U.S.
Is this the road to prosperity or destruction?

Maybe the road to the future is not citizenship for all these immigrants, but a temporary stay and return home - with their families.

What is Obama doing to go after that 8 billion sent home annually?  Ensure that those sending it are not sending drug money?  That they are paying taxes?

The road to perpetual financial ruin?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:35:28 AM »

The high cost of illegal immigration

By RONALD MORTENSEN

Guest commentary

The Salt Lake City chief of police, Utah Attorney General and numerous other senior law enforcement officials throughout Utah are determined to maintain good relations with Utah's rapidly growing illegal alien community.

This may be good for the illegal aliens but it is bad for Utah citizens because illegal immigration and identity theft go hand-in-hand.

...75 percent of illegal aliens use fraudulent social security numbers in order to get jobs.

In 2008, 16 percent of all identity theft in Utah was employment related. This is an increase of 14 percent over 2007 and it reflects the growth in the state's ille gal immi grant population.

When illegal aliens use fraudulent documents to get jobs, they commit major felonies including document fraud, perjury on I-9 forms and identity theft.

They ignore the fact that an estimated 50,000 Utah children are already victims of an epidemic of illegal alien driven identity theft and that 1,626 employers were found to be paying salaries to the Social Security numbers of Utah children on public assistance under the age of 13.

They ignore illegal aliens who continue to unlawfully hold jobs using Social Security numbers belonging to Americans at the same time American citizens doing the same jobs are being laid off.

They ignore the plight of American citizens when the IRS goes after them for the payment of back taxes on income earned by illegal aliens using their stolen social security numbers.

These past few years, I've known a few that had this problem and it isn't pretty, it's a chest jerker.

http://www.standard.net/live/news/170211

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »

WhiskeyGirl....you bring up a lot of good points and issues...
WTH is going on with our country?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:17:51 AM »

There was a legal case in the Supreme Court this past week or so about identity theft.  iirc the question - Did the illegal alien know that the Social Security number they were using belonged to a real person?

How many illegal people use their citizen baby's Social Security number to work in this country?   Buy a home? 

Would these people be considered to 'know' that the number belonged to someone?   A real person?  Their own child?

How many of these same people are collecting welfare for their citizen children?  Does the government ever check the income of these children?  Or, are they given a 'pass' due to their age?

Does the government ever wonder how many babies are working construction jobs and making $30 an hour?  Maybe even construction jobs paid for by the recovery and reinvestment plan of Obama?

What happened to child labor laws?

The more I read, the more I get sick to my stomach about what goes on in this country.

When did our elected representatives check their fiduciary responsibilities at the door?  They vote on bills they haven't read...

Who's looking out for ordinary Americans?

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

It seems no one is looking out for US.

The recent Supreme Court ruling had the empathy Obama was searching.  We heard (while growing up) ignorance of the Law is no excuse.  To have a viable SSN#, you have to use the customary sequence.  If anyone has that number, it's Identity Theft to use it.

A person's number is issued at birth, these days.  The same number is used throughout a person's life.  That number belongs to a person until death (and beyond.)  If you use a car without permission, it's theft.

I understand that the Court did not wish to come down hard on illegal immigrants, but it's still theft of a number which designates one person; theft of a number which identifies a single person.

Wonder what the average time is between using the # the first time, and buying a car, buying a house . . . getting a credit card.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »

our state is mired in acrimonious debate regarding providing in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants ???? Unbelievable, so we taxpayers will also finance their educations?

I continue to stand with the girl.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:43 AM »

It is unbelievable; turns the world upside down.  Illegal is no longer not legal.

To me, people are moving into my house.  They don’t have my permission, but that’s okay . . . the “Law” doesn’t care to do anything for me.  They move into my spare room and set up their quarters.  They use services for which I pay: education, medical, highways, police/fire.  They use welfare and social services.  They are paid, if they do work . . . and send the money out of the country.  They PROTEST!

When did “illegal” become “that’s okay?”  We feel used!  That's because we are being used.  Now, it's okay to use our SSN#s.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »

It is unbelievable; turns the world upside down.  Illegal is no longer not legal.

To me, people are moving into my house.  They don’t have my permission, but that’s okay . . . the “Law” doesn’t care to do anything for me.  They move into my spare room and set up their quarters.  They use services for which I pay: education, medical, highways, police/fire.  They use welfare and social services.  They are paid, if they do work . . . and send the money out of the country.  They PROTEST!

When did “illegal” become “that’s okay?”  We feel used!  That's because we are being used.  Now, it's okay to use our SSN#s.

sickening isn't it....

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.