April 18, 2024, 04:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Race Card  (Read 6429 times)
Sol Rosenberg
Scared Monkey

« on: November 03, 2006, 09:40:11 AM »

As I look back on the 1st week of what transpired during this case, I often wonder why the issue of race was never really a focus.  After all, we know for a fact that the boys lied about returning Natalee to the Holiday Inn...and they lied about her being with the security guard(s) afterward.  

If this took place in the U.S., you can bet that an attempt to falsely frame these (2) individuals would draw the attention of many, and the ire of a few prominent individuals.

This is serious stuff, folks.  Had BHT and Co. not been on-site to perform their due dilligence, these (2) gents might still be in jail.  I can't think of anything more serious than that taking someone's livelihood from them...without cause.

Would the ALE have figured it out...or would those (2) still be sitting in jail today...for a crime they didn't commit?

- Sol
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:48:59 PM »

I think they would have been released for lack of evidence.  I do think they were picked up, even though ALE already knew J2K were lying, because the family and the US media weren't sitting around waiting for answers from ALE.  They needed to make it look like they were doing something; they wanted to give Joran time to finish his school year; they wanted to give Paulus time to clean up after himself and his son; they wanted to appease the family and US media.  Unfortunately, it backfired because the family did a better job of investigating than ALE and it ended up being shown on TV.  

Some in Aruba have claimed they don't have racial tensions.  Yet we heard a big fuss down there when the television show recreated the night of Natalee's disappearance and a non-white man was used to portray Joran.  It seems to me that the Aruban government often plays second fiddle to the Dutch - such as Paulus, van der Straaten and Karen Janssen.  If those guards had been arrested in the US and it appeared that it was done to protect a WASP son of a legal official, the outcry would have been deafening.  In other words, I think there are racial issues there, but there aren't the organized groups and leadership to fight it.  We've also seen how the Aruban media, except for Jossy, plays to the wishes of those in power.  

I agree that taking away someone's liberty, their ability to earn a living, without just cause, is outrageous.  Restitution should be made to the guards, not Paulus van der Sloot.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

Y'all, do know that when it comes to racial bigotry, it was the Dutch in South Africa, the Boers or Afrikaaners, who created aparthied and held on to it for as long as possible with an iron fist.

I think there's a whole lot more Dutch superiority and racial tension than most folks there want to admit.

In most all the actions of this case it seems so obvious who's getting all the breaks.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 05:17:11 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Y'all, do know that when it comes to racial bigotry, it was the Dutch in South Africa, the Boers or Afrikaaners, who created aparthied and held on to it for as long as possible with an iron fist.

I think there's a whole lot more Dutch superiority and racial tension than most folks there want to admit.

In most all the actions of this case it seems so obvious who's getting all the breaks.

Maybe that's why my grandparents left the Netherlands so many years ago.   Sad   I have to say it does kind of bother me to hear all the nasty comments about the Dutch.  Not that I take it personally, but I don't like thinking the Dutch are basically bad.  That is how I got involved in this case - I heard on the news about a Dutch boy - stopped on the channel to listen and, well, here I am.  

The Dutch did save some wild horses today who were stuck in a flooded area in The Netherlands.  I'd also like to remind people that it was a Dutch inventor who came up with a way to make chocolate affordable for the masses.   Wink

It sure seems like the Dutch hold the real power down Aruba-way.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »

That, plus the fact that Natalee was an Alabamian.  I think the powers on Aruba falsely assumed that Natalee's family & friends were racists, so they threw two black guys up on the chopping block as sacrificial lambs in hopes everyone would go away.  You can already see by things they have said that they falsely assume Alabamians are racists and that things in Alabama are still like they were in the 1950's ! The Sloots, etc. are quite ignorant.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 06:06:49 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"

That, plus the fact that Natalee was an Alabamian.  I think the powers on Aruba falsely assumed that Natalee's family & friends were racists, so they threw two black guys up on the chopping block as sacrificial lambs in hopes everyone would go away.  You can already see by things they have said that they falsely assume Alabamians are racists and that things in Alabama are still like they were in the 1950's ! The Sloots, etc. are quite ignorant.

Yep, the 'slaves' and 'hitler' comments were so obviously scripted by them.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.