April 15, 2024, 10:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP governor eyeing Senate run to be outed in film tomorrow  (Read 1674 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: May 07, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »

The Republican governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, who is strongly considering a run for Senate, will be outed in a independent film being released tomorrow.

The film, “Outrage,” tracks the outings of prominent gay political figures, such as Crist and former Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman. It’s being produced by Magnolia Pictures and will appear in Landmark Theaters across the country.

“Using some firsthand accounts of former sexual partners, old campaign footage (to occasionally humorous effect) and commentary from gay political media watchdogs, the film makes the case for each man’s homosexuality, and presents his lifetime gay rights voting record,” according to one reviewer. “In each instance, the disconnect is staggering.

“The usual suspects are all there: Craig, Florida Governor Charlie Crist, former New York mayor Ed Koch, former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey, former Rep. Ed Schrock, even dusty McCarthy relic Roy Cohn."

[...]

Crist was “first” outed in a 2006 Palm Beach Post article by Bob Norman, prior to his election as governor.

"A young rising star in the Republican Party has boasted to witnesses of his sexual relationship with Charlie Crist, the frontrunner in the Florida governor’s race who has repeatedly denied that he is gay.

The GOP staffer, 21-year-old Jason Wetherington, told friends at separate social functions in August that he had sex with Crist, according to two credible and independent sources who heard Wetherington make the claim first-hand.

Wetherington, who recently worked as a field director for U.S. Senate candidate Katherine Harris and currently works for state representative Ellyn Bodganoff’s reelection campaign, also named a man whom he said is Crist’s long-term partner, a convicted thief named Bruce Carlton Jordan who also recently worked for Harris in her long-shot Senate bid."

Crist was recently engaged, and then married — quietly.

LINK

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5j0poqrQo08&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5j0poqrQo08&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxEASeGma8M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mxEASeGma8M&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZ4DyPTEJ6A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZ4DyPTEJ6A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »

I don't know who these people are.

Are we living through the tabloid era of government?  Perhaps there are some forces that have spent the past twenty years gather dirt on politicians, bankers, and the like.

What would cause grown politicans to vote time and time again on bills they have not read?  Were not given time to read?

Why would a banker at AIG (or Freddie or Fannie) worry about financials and how they would make certain entries?  Why would he worry about what the White House wanted?  Why would he take his own life?

Is there something dirty on Capitol Hill?  An vile wind blowing through Congress? 

I do believe that most people, regardless of political party want to know the schools are good, the garbage will be taken out, and their retirement is safe. 

How safe is the retirement fund of Main Street?

I predict that the future holds more surprises.  No one is perfect, 'flaws' are sometimes a point of view, or a splinter in the eyes of the beholder.

jmho

Jesus asked him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good, except one--God. - Luke 18:19

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:24:53 AM »

I don't know who these people are.

Charlie Crist is the Governor of Florida.

Are we living through the tabloid era of government? Perhaps there are some forces that have spent the past twenty years gather dirt on politicians, bankers, and the like.

I agree that coverage of politicians has become tabloid-like. I think it started a long time ago, probably when politics got started. I think McCain's campaign attempted to out-tabloid the tabloids on President Obama when they were still campaigning. The Smear Boat vets and their tissue of lies about John Kerry have been exposed. The whole "Call Me" campaign against Harold Ford was ridiculous. When I see all that, it makes me believe the mudslingers are scared the truth won't suffice for them. Why not just campaign on the issues and peoples' voting records?

I do believe that gross hypocrisy is an indicator of weak character and that would be relevant to me as a voter so if a candidate espouses one thing out his mouth and through his voting record but, in fact, lives contrary to his own espoused ideals I think that shows weak character and I would hope such a candidate does not get elected.

I don't give a crap if someone is gay and if they are the best and smartest and wisest person for the job, more power to them, let's elect that guy. But, if they've used their position as legislator or elected leader to pursue and persecute fellow gay people and/or vote in favor of legislation that does same all the while living a secret gay lifestyle, then that person is a hypocrite.
What would cause grown politicans to vote time and time again on bills they have not read?  Were not given time to read?

When did Charlie Crist do this and what bill are you talking about apropos of Crist who is the topic of this thread?

Why would a banker at AIG (or Freddie or Fannie) worry about financials and how they would make certain entries?  Why would he worry about what the White House wanted?  Why would he take his own life?

I've been very busy these last few days so could you please explain how this relates to Charlie Crist who is the topic of this thread? I'm sure I must have just missed your Crist-AIG connection but could you link to that for me or explain Crist's connection to AIG?

Did Charlie Crist commit suicide in the last few days? Is that what you are saying? Or was it a friend of his?

I do believe that most people, regardless of political party want to know the schools are good, the garbage will be taken out, and their retirement is safe. How safe is the retirement fund of Main Street?
So how do you feel Charlie Crist will affect all that? Do you think he will do a good job? Why or why not?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.