April 27, 2024, 03:55:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #15 5/20/09 - 6/03/09  (Read 289278 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »

I don't want to stack quotes so I'll just say this , Cobra should not have cuffed Snodgrass for getting " lippy " . Didn't know that was a crime .
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »

Annette Sykes, father's obit from www.findagrave.com  IMO

Birth:  unknown
Death:  Dec. 8, 2002

George Robert Stallings, 93, of Welaka died Sunday, December 8, 2002 at the residence of his son in Francis following an extended illness.

He was a native of Lowell County, Georgia. He served in the U.S. Navy on the U.S.S. Missouri.
He later owned and operated a barber shop in Boston, Ga. before moving to Brunswick, Ga., where he worked in a defense plant for several years.

He had been a resident of Putnam County for the past 59 years, first living in Francis and after 1968 in Welaka, where he had been a member of the Welaka Baptist Church for many years. He worked for the City of Palatka as a policeman up until 1948 when he went to work at the former Hudson Pulp and Paper Corp. in Palatka. He helped to construct the mill and remained employed there until 1959 when he retired on disability.

He was preceded in death by his wives: Iliff Stallings, Martha Stallings and Vera Stallings; one daughter: Hildred Stallings; and one son: George Martin Stallings.

He is survived by four sons and daughters-in-law: Carl and Neville Stallings, Wayman and Jean Stallings, and Ormand and Ruby Stallings, all of Francis; and Homer and Brenda Stallings, Satsuma; one daughter: Annette Sykes, Welaka; 18 grandchildren; 39 great grandchildren and 11 great great grandchildren.
Flowers are gratefully accepted or memorial gifts may be sent to Hospice of the Lakes, 6400 St. Johns Ave., Palatka, FL 32177.

Calling hours will be from 5 until 7 p.m., Wednesday at Masters Funeral Home, Palatka.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 12 at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sonny Pipkins officiating.

In honor of Mr. Stallings life a video tribute will be shown during the service.
Interment will follow in Palatka Memorial Gardens.
Masters Funeral Home of Palatka is in charge of arrangements

Burial:
Palatka Memorial Gardens
Palatka
Putnam County
Florida, USA

Created by: Kristy Thomas
Record added: Mar 02, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 24993154

Great job seahorse!  So this is Why he Gave Annette and Myles property for the sum of love and affection, he was her dad.  He died close to the time when Myles Sykes did.

So I wonder what the rate of pay was as a Policeman vs a pulp and paper Corp. back when?
(Them are some mighty deep roots right there though.)

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »

I don't want to stack quotes so I'll just say this , Cobra should not have cuffed Snodgrass for getting " lippy " . Didn't know that was a crime .
I really am not sure what to think about all this 
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: May 21, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »

mlee,    Im hurt,   I have lived in Florida my entire life and have never encountered any people like this, oh Ive seen a few bad ones and some riled up red necks and good ole boys that fight and I mean fight, but not like these folks,      anyway.........you talk about crime.....Miami , now thats crime right there.......oh no you couldnt hog tie me and throw me in Miami!!!!!!lol

Sweety, don't be hurt.. you don't have to live in Satsuma.  Going to give you a little taste of what I am referring to.  Our lady who lives in Satsuma, "Our Eyes of Satsuma", This is what she had to say.. And I do worry about her welfare... and her and her families safety.

"I looked up Land Clearing, Timber, Logging for Crescent City addresses/phone numbers.  Many
places did not have an address listed, just phone number in the yellow pages.  Thomas Tree Service,
Timberfalls, Southern Tree & Stump were shown.  I also found Mills & Sons Land Clearing in Welaka and
Phillip & Son Land Clearing in Crescent City   Some phone numbers are cell and don't show an exchange.
Thomas Tree Service is very close to me and I know of them personally as they are in the neighborhood.
They are strongly suspected of involvment.  One girl/woman came out on the street as my husband was
going by and propositioned him after stopping him   Also another neighbor who owns land adjacent to me,
((edit)), has been robbed twice and the persons were found living at that residence, 132 Pomona
Landing Rd.  ((edit))personally told me she was threatened by them.  You can verify what I say
by looking at the GIS map.   If you need to quote anything, please only use the first three sentences
of this paragraph.  There is much more to the story than I am mentioning right now.  LE knows and
watches the residence. There are several of us in the neighborhood that are concerned about the
activities and retaliations of the Thomas clan."

That kind of stuff goes on in every small town, it doesnt mean alot, just know they are there and sont be associated with them, there's also alot of good older people that live in that area and this kind of stuff never touches them, true its worse in Satsuma then some other small towns, but really to understand small town life you have to live there......its different then you could know if you arent from one.........my friend lives in Palatka and I have always been associated with this area but I never knew anyone in Satsuma or even knew what went on there!

After all we have researched and learned about the area, this doesn't make you think.. This cannot be the average typical community. The amount of predators alone in a small area is terrifing, the criminal element is vast, and it appears there is a larger than life community of drug activitiy.  All in one small community.  And to be so small, suddenly there is a child that disappears, and no one knows anything.  The good people that live in that area, do not deserve to have to put up with this, and apparently,
Le has not been effective for so long, they all run rampant.  It's like watching the horses get out of the corral, and waiting  10 years to gather them back up and put them back in the corral..  Their numbers have grown, they have run the community and forced it into sumission for so long, that they know who the Le is, when they go to work, when they get off work, when they will show up at the local hang outs, where they live, who their families are, where their children go to school. And when you have the career element in charge, you have money that is available to turn a head, and not see whats going on.  So, what was at one time a law biding community, and a haven for raising children.  Does not exist any longer.  And it would be fearful to walk down the street at night, or possible even drive.  Why were you encouraged so intently to be careful when you visit that community. Why did you feel safer having your son go with you.  Because, you were not safe even visiting.  These people don't like stranger coming into their little world.. Disrups their lifestyle and business.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:48:02 AM by klaasend » Logged

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »

mlee,  you have taken what I have said wrong, I said Satsuma is more dangerous then other small town and that is the reason I will take  my son with me, The point I was trying to make is that, the low life people that we are hearing about are very aware as to who they can mess with and who they cant, the older more prevalent people of the community dont really know about the underbelly folks of the area because these trouble makers know better than to mess with these people because they have the money and the power to bring things down on them and so they look one way and the older ones look another and they act like each other dont exist....this is why I say they are good people there, but if your not from there then yea, trouble........   This town needs to be cleaned up,  but some of the trouble makers are related to money and they will just get out............thats just how it is in these twons.....thats how it has always been!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »

Welp if I am reading this correctly in the early 1940's the going rate of pay for police officers was $22.50+ per week per FLPD history.

http://ci.ftlaud.fl.us/POLICE/history.html

Without going into a history lesson on the pulp and paper corps at the time they seemed to be doing well coming out of the depression. It was unhealthy to the workers and waste by products were being emitted into the water ways. YUCK! I read a few hints about segreating workers ect... I am thinking pay was near or around minimum wage at that time which was .75 per hour.

Pop's took a pay cut that's for sure.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »

mlee,  you have taken what I have said wrong, I said Satsuma is more dangerous then other small town and that is the reason I will take  my son with me, The point I was trying to make is that, the low life people that we are hearing about are very aware as to who they can mess with and who they cant, the older more prevalent people of the community dont really know about the underbelly folks of the area because these trouble makers know better than to mess with these people because they have the money and the power to bring things down on them and so they look one way and the older ones look another and they act like each other dont exist....this is why I say they are good people there, but if your not from there then yea, trouble........   This town needs to be cleaned up,  but some of the trouble makers are related to money and they will just get out............thats just how it is in these twons.....thats how it has always been!!

And that alone is frightening.  They do have control, and this is the first time in their reality that the town is under such an intense eye, its nationwide.  They have the options to clean that town up, how, it would really be tough.. I do think that Cobra showed the country what was really in that town.  He is big and stocky and loud, but I do think his intentions have been honorable.  And apparently, he either stepped on toes or he stepped out of line.. I don't know.. I do know they wanted him out... But, Why???

The small town I was born in, is deep deep south, most of the kids really don't obtain an education, school was never a priority, I imagine it has its amount of drug activity and criminal element, but it didn't when I was a kid. My Great grandmother came from Holmes County, Florida, her Father died there in the civil war, so we do have history there. 

But, all little towns that are allowed to be ruled by the under element is frightening, and this is one of them.  From what we have seen so far, we have to wonder how many of their kids actually have a chance of living normal lives.  There has to be a group of great kids, who will graduate and go off to college, but those kids won't return to this town.  They won't want to raise their children where their children are not safe.  I believe the families that continue to live in the same community that ron and misty and the children lived, are virtually frightened for their children.. daily.. fearful at night,  will this happen again.. Why that family.. they just moved in? 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »

mlee,    holmes county........do you mean like chipley or vernon.......thats where my sons family is from and have always been from..........nice small town and with the same problem........kids and drugs and alot of partying.......but when I use to go there to visit his family.......I didnt see that part of it, because his family was one of the older families from there an did not associate with the underbelly, but the younger generation....oh boy........yep same thing.....just not as bad..........Yep  they need to do something to clean this up........its needs to be addressed at all these small town meetings and   get the local police officers out and new officers in that  have no connection with the town itself!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »

If he did anything wrong, then he shouldn't have your right.  Does that licence that some articles have mentioned that cobra has, given to him by the state of FL, allow him to defend himself if he believes he is in danger like a police office can?  If so, did he think he was in danger?   Maybe that was why he detained snodgrass.  Was the bail bonds company telling him they wanted to bring snod in when this happened and then after he was cuffed said never mind?  if that was the case then cobra should be let off the hook because it was not his fault.  I personally don't know, but we know that this snodgrass is a shady character and is just looking to deal up some trouble for the good guy. 

To all the Bad guys out there looking into the monkey cage
YOU WILL NOT WIN, IN THE END THE GOOD WILL PREVAIL!  THE EYES OF AMERICA IS ON YOUR LITTLE SMALL TOWN AND THE WIND OF CHANGE IS COMING!!! 
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »

Welp if I am reading this correctly in the early 1940's the going rate of pay for police officers was $22.50+ per week per FLPD history.

Without going into a history lesson on the pulp and paper corps at the time they seemed to be doing well coming out of the depression. It was unhealthy to the workers and waste by products were being emitted into the water ways. YUCK! I read a few hints about segreating workers ect... I am thinking pay was near or around minimum wage at that time which was .75 per hour.

I could not find the link to Hudson Pulp and Paper Corp earlier so the history used for pulp and paper factories was derived from a website that had done a generalized study.
Read here about Hudson Pulp and Paper if you are interested:

The Color of Work: The Struggle for Civil Rights in the ...
At Hudson Pulp and Paper Company in Palatka, Florida, black workers related that they .... Collis C. Jordan was hired at Union Camp in 1948, working as, ...... “ I have been employed at the Union Bag—Camp Paper Corporation for 17 and a half ...... Because the lines had been merged on the basis of existing pay rates, ...

www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&se=gglsc&d=100743302

Interesting...The First Coast Community Credit Union was founded by a group of employees from The Hudson Pulp and Paper Company.

http://www.firstcoastccu.com/pdfs/FirstNews-Fall-2006.pdf

(Just throwing this stuff out there.)

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2009, 10:57:46 PM »

1976 fresh out of the Academy,  Monthly wage was $515.00 a month.....  Cops don't go to work for big salary's.....

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »

If he did anything wrong, then he shouldn't have your right.  Does that licence that some articles have mentioned that cobra has, given to him by the state of FL, allow him to defend himself if he believes he is in danger like a police office can?  If so, did he think he was in danger?   Maybe that was why he detained snodgrass.  Was the bail bonds company telling him they wanted to bring snod in when this happened and then after he was cuffed said never mind?  if that was the case then cobra should be let off the hook because it was not his fault.  I personally don't know, but we know that this snodgrass is a shady character and is just looking to deal up some trouble for the good guy. 

To all the Bad guys out there looking into the monkey cage
YOU WILL NOT WIN, IN THE END THE GOOD WILL PREVAIL!  THE EYES OF AMERICA IS ON YOUR LITTLE SMALL TOWN AND THE WIND OF CHANGE IS COMING!!! 

Yes, thats the reason you have to handle these kind of people with kid gloves, just like the Cummings, they know what you can and can not do to them, they know the law, that education comes from breaking it so many times, if your not allowed to do something to them, then by all means dont do it......they will call you on it.........thats why right now, the LE is finding it hard to get people to cooperate in this case, they are all or have been criminals in the past and if nothing else, they know the law......LE has  to dot their i's and cross their t's for their own protection!

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »

1976 fresh out of the Academy,  Monthly wage was $515.00 a month.....  Cops don't go to work for big salary's.....
Sure but the sucky ratio's were what they were and are what they are.
Even $515.00 a month was better than minimum wage at that time. (slightly anyway.)

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »

snipped...JNGA's response regarding Snodgrass.

Ok, this really p's me off.  In my opinion Cobra is a good guy.  My thoughts on why this Snodgrass guy is doing this is either
-He has something to do with the Haleigh case and doesn't want Cobra snooping around his door.
or
-He thinks he can use his case against Cobra to get off easier on the other pending charges against him.

Now I know who I'm going to research next!
It was said that the police was sure he wasn't in the area because of the collar he was wearing, but did they go back and check the records to see if he was ever in her area?  And even cobra said that he wouldn't trust those collars because they have some kind of delay on them that allow someone to get away that he was chasing once.  And I'm still thinking that if this guy had anything to do with Haleighs disappearance that there might have been someone else involved.  I think and hope that Cobra will get out as soon as he goes in because he knows the bonding laws so well. 
Stay strong Cobra, and God Bless you, I know you are the good guy!  I can't wait to hear you on simon barretts show again!

EVERY TIME I read the comment (that I put in red) MY EYES OPEN WIDE....My thinking cap goes on....and I ask the same question, over and over again!!!!

Maybe Snodgrass and other S/O were INDEED IN THEIR AREA....BUT show me where it is proven that SOMEONE DID NOT GO TO THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE...NOR MEET ONE OF THESE OFFENDERS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »

snipped...JNGA's response regarding Snodgrass.

Ok, this really p's me off.  In my opinion Cobra is a good guy.  My thoughts on why this Snodgrass guy is doing this is either
-He has something to do with the Haleigh case and doesn't want Cobra snooping around his door.
or
-He thinks he can use his case against Cobra to get off easier on the other pending charges against him.

Now I know who I'm going to research next!
It was said that the police was sure he wasn't in the area because of the collar he was wearing, but did they go back and check the records to see if he was ever in her area?  And even cobra said that he wouldn't trust those collars because they have some kind of delay on them that allow someone to get away that he was chasing once.  And I'm still thinking that if this guy had anything to do with Haleighs disappearance that there might have been someone else involved.  I think and hope that Cobra will get out as soon as he goes in because he knows the bonding laws so well. 
Stay strong Cobra, and God Bless you, I know you are the good guy!  I can't wait to hear you on simon barretts show again!

EVERY TIME I read the comment (that I put in red) MY EYES OPEN WIDE....My thinking cap goes on....and I ask the same question, over and over again!!!!

Maybe Snodgrass and other S/O were INDEED IN THEIR AREA....BUT show me where it is proven that SOMEONE DID NOT GO TO THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE...NOR MEET ONE OF THESE OFFENDERS SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I'm so P/O about what is happening to Cobra that I could just spit. What the heck is going on in ol' Palutka? That's what I am thinking. Here they have a guy who is doing whatever he can to help find this little girl and they go and arrest him for trying to do what he does best? Cobra had the right to arrest the guy. He hadn't come to the HB center just that one time from what I understood Snodgrass had been there several times. At which point is it considered tresspassing, harrassment anyway? My my my I guess the LE there could care less if this Snodgrass guy, who by the way, is schedualed to appear in court for sex crimes, is causing a woman who's young Daughter is missing to be terrified even further?
GET A CLUE PALATKA!
The guy was asked to get off the property more than once!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:38 PM »

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

Seahorse

Thank you for your already posted contributions!

Heart,

Thank-you, very much. I Love the Seahorse, Thank-you!
It was a lucky day for me that I found the information, almost, like it was mean't to be. 

God Bless, Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »

And Satsuma too!
(Can ya tell I am mad?)
Putnam county any ol ways darn it!

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

Seahorse

Thank you for your already posted contributions!

Heart,

Thank-you, very much. I Love the Seahorse, Thank-you!
It was a lucky day for me that I found the information, almost, like it was mean't to be. 

God Bless, Seahorse

Hiya Seahorse. Nice to meet you and great work BTW!
I look forward to reading your posts Smile
(I'm a newbie too.)

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »

mlee,    holmes county........do you mean like chipley or vernon.......thats where my sons family is from and have always been from..........nice small town and with the same problem........kids and drugs and alot of partying.......but when I use to go there to visit his family.......I didnt see that part of it, because his family was one of the older families from there an did not associate with the underbelly, but the younger generation....oh boy........yep same thing.....just not as bad..........Yep  they need to do something to clean this up........its needs to be addressed at all these small town meetings and   get the local police officers out and new officers in that  have no connection with the town itself!!

You hit it on the head, Vernon.. My Mother's family Brister's and Austins settled there in 1849, and fam is still there. My Great grandmother was a Hall from Holmes, they had migrated down from Apling County, Ga. And then onto La.  Of course for Vernon it makes it rougher with Ft. Polk right at hand.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »

You hit it on the head, Vernon.. My Mother's family Brister's and Austins settled there in 1849, and fam is still there. My Great grandmother was a Hall from Holmes, they had migrated down from Apling County, Ga. And then onto La.  Of course for Vernon it makes it rougher with Ft. Polk right at hand.
Cool,   Ive heard of a few Halls and some Bristols,  thats great,   My sons family is the Sheffields and Tuckers, if you've  ever heard of them some are from  Chipley and Panama city Beach.......but they were raised up in the sand hills of Vernon!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.