March 18, 2024, 10:43:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310814 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 08, 2009, 12:17:14 AM »

Mug Shot

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJgXkZC1omM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oJgXkZC1omM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Edit to add "guilty" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:32:55 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:18:39 AM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/Peterson_Bond_20million

Peterson Held on $20
Million Bond

A Will County grand jury filed a murder indictment today against Drew Peterson, the brash, mustachioed former police sergeant who found tabloid fame after his fourth wife's disappearance more than a year and a half ago. Today's indictment covered the drowning death of a former wife found dead in an empty bathtub in 2004.

Peterson was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the death of Kathleen Savio. He was arrested during an evening traffic stop near his Bolingbrook home and was held on $20 million
bond. Savio's body was found in a dry bathtub. Her death originally was ruled an accidental drowning but authorities later said it was a homicide staged to look like an accident. Savio's family has long voiced suspicions, saying she feared Peterson and told relatives if she died it wouldn't be an accident. Their fears resurfaced after the October 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »

JUSTICE FOR KATHY!!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »

I am so happy to hear this..Justice for Kathleen and her family.

Wipe that smirk off your face Drew..I believe the State will soon follow with a charge of murder in Stacey's death too.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

YES YES

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »

I hope this wasn't just for show because this cop was laughing  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:54:53 AM »

Blonde - it was reported that Drew said to the officers when they arrested him (like in that photo), "guess I should have returned those library books", or something like that.  That could be why that officer is smiling.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »

Could someone explain why there are two counts of murder? Kathleen wasn't pregnant, or at least I never heard that she was, so I was curious about the two counts.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »

Blonde - it was reported that Drew said to the officers when they arrested him (like in that photo), "guess I should have returned those library books", or something like that.  That could be why that officer is smiling.
Thanks Klaas I'm so out of the loop  

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »

Could someone explain why there are two counts of murder? Kathleen wasn't pregnant, or at least I never heard that she was, so I was curious about the two counts.

count 1: murder

count 2: assault in a manner that is expected to cause death

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »

I would like to jab pins in all the puffy areas around his eyes and then stab the corneas, repeatedly.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 11:46:50 AM »

Well over 40,000 pages of evidence in this case against Drew..no way he is going anywhere.

Also since the GJ is still meeting each Thursday I believe..that means to me..we may she more charges about Stacy's death towards the end of next week.

Illinois has passed the law that says statements made by the decease prior to their murder may be used at trial....that means that Kathleen's statements and letters to authorities about Drew can be used against him.  I believe it also means that Stacy's statements to her reverend about Drew admitting to her he killed Kathleen and what she saw that night early morning can also be used in court.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN
This is a rush transcript from "On the Record," May 7, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

Dissecting Drew Peterson's Arrest in Connection to the Death of His Third Wife
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519439,00.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND>>>>

Peterson to attack use of Savio's statements
May 8, 2009 9:46 AM | 16 Comments | UPDATED STORY
Drew Peterson's lead attorney this morning wasted no time attacking a major foundation of the murder case against his client.

Meanwhile, another of Peterson's attorneys said Peterson's arraignment scheduled for today had been postponed because lead attorney Joel Brodsky was in New York on the morning news program circuit, but court officials said it was still on for 1:30 p.m.

In a telephone interview on WGN-Ch. 9,  Brodsky said he will attack the constitutionality of  prosecutors trying to use statements by Peterson's dead ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, as evidence against him.

In a news conference Thursday night following Peterson's indictment and arrest, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow said prosecutors will seek to admit statements made by Savio, essentially allowing her "to testify from beyond the grave."

"It's going to have to face a constitutional challenge," Brodsky said. "...We have now loosened the requirement for evidence in a homicide case ... We should make it stricter ... We're now involving rumor and innuendo and unreliable evidence in a homicide case."

On NBC's "Today" show--one of Brodsky's stops on a morning-long media blitz--he characterized the case against Peterson as "a weak, circumstantial case at best." He also said that Peterson had passed a polygraph test in connection with Savio's death.

In his appearance on WGN, Brodsky even attacked the contention that Savio was the victim of a homicide, as determined by a second autopsy after she was found drowned in an empty bathtub five years ago as her divorce settlement with Peterson was about to take effect.

He asserted that official Will County coroner's records still list the cause of Savio's death as accidental.

Brodsky also attacked Peterson's $20 million bail as unreasonable and said he would make a motion to reduce it. Peterson would have to post $2 million of that in cash to gain his release from jail.

"Drew clearly isn't a flight risk," Brodsky said as he reasserted his client's innocence. "If he was going to run, he would have run a long time ago."

Brodsky also was scheduled to appear on "ABC's "Good Morning America," and CBS' "The Early Show" in New York, according to Peterson's public relations firm.  He will also do interviews with MSNBC, WLS Radio and WFLD (Fox) Chicago. Another Peterson attorney, Andrew Abboud, was interviewed on WGN-720 AM (listen here).

"There is no evidence that links Drew Peterson to the death of Kathleen Savio or anyone else for that matter," a news release from Peterson's public relations firm quoted Brodsky.

"Drew did not harm Kathleen, he has said so from day one.  We're obviously disappointed a grand jury indicted him.  But an indictment does not mean guilt."

"Prosecutors will need to prove Drew Peterson is guilty in court, and they can't because he didn't do it."   Rolling Eyes
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/petersons-attorney-goes-on-new-media-blitz.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

Thanks Wyks  Can't wait to see that murderer in shackles today.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »

Foxnews is going to cover Drew in court today LIVE

http://www.foxnews.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 02:16:03 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/ArraignmentDrew

Peterson Arraignment
Postponed

Drew Peterson, the former police sergeant who went on a high-profile media blitz after his fourth wife's disappearance more than a year and a half ago, was expected to appear in court on murder charges in the death of his third wife.

Peterson, 55, was scheduled to be arraigned Friday on charges of first-degree murder in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio, who was found in an empty bathtub at home. However, that arraignment was postponed until May 18th because Peterson's attorney was out of town.Police pulled him over Thursday evening shortly after he drove away from his Bolingbrook home.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/ArraignmentDrew

Peterson Arraignment
Postponed

Drew Peterson, the former police sergeant who went on a high-profile media blitz after his fourth wife's disappearance more than a year and a half ago, was expected to appear in court on murder charges in the death of his third wife.

Peterson, 55, was scheduled to be arraigned Friday on charges of first-degree murder in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio, who was found in an empty bathtub at home. However, that arraignment was postponed until May 18th because Peterson's attorney was out of town.Police pulled him over Thursday evening shortly after he drove away from his Bolingbrook home.

(snipped)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »

Well Isn't THAT conveeeeeeeenient ...  Rolling Eyes

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »

Thanks Wyks  Can't wait to see that murderer in shackles today.

You're welcome, NoRose!  It was GREAT to see him in shackles, wasn't it!!!   

Am so glad that LE waited til Drew left the house yesterday, before arresting him.  Cuz there was some concern that he wouldn't go easy, that he might hold one of his kids hostage, or worse, before ever going along easily in an arrest.  By arresting him down the street, the kids didn't have to see their father being arrested, and it gave LE the opportunity to bring those kids to safety.   So I do believe that LE handled this whole thing with a great deal of finesse.

I could watch that video all day of Drew being led around in shackles!!  MWAHAHAHA! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »

Drew's attorney's got nothing, IMO.  All they can do is to try and attack the character of the witnesses, stall the proceedings in every way they can, and argue each step of the way.  Again, IMO.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.