March 19, 2024, 12:27:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310827 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

lol ... Siamese pigs in a blanket......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-stephen-peterson-hearing-december10,0,1328418.story

This is Drew's son

Oak Brook Police Officer Stephen Peterson faces disciplinary hearing
Oak Brook Police and Fire Commission expected to decide January 10th whether he should be dropped from force

OAK BROOK, Ill. —
The Oak Brook Police and Fire Commission is expected to decide on January 10th whether Officer Stephen Peterson should be dropped from the force.

The 31-year-old is the son of former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson.

Drew is charged with killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and is suspected of playing a role in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.

At a hearing last night, the Oak Brook police chief said Stephen Peterson should be fired for obstructing justice. The chief said Stephen never reported his father gave him three guns, and more than $200,000 a day after Stacy vanished.

"This should have raised a flag with Officer Peterson," said Chief Thomas Sheahan. He later added: "In my own opinion, if it was a toaster, it's a piece of evidence and he should have cooperated with state police."

This was the third time Stephen Peterson went before the commission. He has been disciplined four times before on charges ranging from running improper background checks, to sending an inappropriate message on his patrol car computer about a "female civilian."

He has been on paid leave since August.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »

What you wanna bet they drop his azz like a hot potato?  That is what you get when you do wrong!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-il--drewpeterson-son,0,5863011.story
Decision delayed on firing of Drew Peterson's son
January 10, 2011

OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) — Suburban Chicago fire and police commissioners have delayed making a decision about whether to fire Drew Peterson's son.

Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, is charged with murder in the death of his third wife and is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth.

His son Stephen Peterson is a police officer in Oak Brook. He was suspended in August after he testified that he hid several of his father's guns after his stepmother's disappearance.

WLS-AM reports that the Oak Brook Board of Fire and Police Commissioners was supposed to continue public hearings about Stephen Peterson's employment on Monday.

But commissioners say they need more time to make a decision. They've postponed the hearing until Feb. 2.

Drew Peterson is jailed in lieu of $20 million bail.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/3318603-417/peterson-savio-sneed-thomas-drew.html
Drew Peterson's son takes a stand
January 16, 2011

The Peterson file . . .

Sneed has learned Thomas Peterson, son of accused wife-murderer Drew Peterson — and of Kathleen Savio, the woman Peterson is accused of killing — is taking a legal stand in defense of his father.

In an impassioned letter sent to Sneed, Thomas Peterson wrote:

“My name is Thomas Peterson and I am now 18 years old, I am an adult, I can now make my own decisions, and nobody has the right to speak for me anymore.”

† Translation: Now that he is no longer a minor, Thomas, an honor student at Bolingbrook High School, has signed a document releasing his father from all financial claims arising from the death of his mother: specifically the wrongful death suit filed on his behalf by his aunt and grandfather.

The letter states:

“I am not stupid. I am first in my class at Bolingbrook High School, an Illinois State Scholar, Vice President of the National Honor Society, and have over a 4.7 grade point average — accomplishments higher than what most people would dream of achieving.

“Because I know my father is innocent, I am releasing him from the lawsuit brought by Henry J. Savio and Anna Doman on my behalf while I was a minor.

“Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes. I know to an absolute 1000% moral certainty that my father Drew Peterson is innocent in the death of my mother Kathleen Savio.

“Do not forget I was with my father the entire weekend that my mother died.

“How Henry J. Savio can sue my father on my behalf is just crazy. I have only met Henry J. Savio once in my entire life, and that was for five seconds at my mother’s funeral.

“Other than that he never ever came to see me, even when my mother was alive. He never called me, never wrote me, never sent me a birthday card, or gift, or a Christmas card or gift; I don’t even know what the man looks like. He should just leave me, my father, my family and my way of life alone. “As to Anna Doman, we had little contact with her while my mother was alive and none after. Anna also never called, wrote, sent a birthday card or gift. Nothing. She too should just do what she did before, and leave us alone.

“People should not say that I am some poor little kid afraid of his father. I have a great life, great friends, a great family, and I am hopefully going on to medical school following my undergraduate studies, hopefully at Harvard because I have the grades and test scores to achieve it. It is my father Drew Peterson that gave me this life.

“He supports me, loves me, and set me on the path to success (I can safely say I would not be where I am now educationally without his constant support and motivation), and I love him. I pray he will be free soon so that he can give the same drive to my brothers and sister that he gave to me, and be back with his family where he belongs.”

† Upshot: Joel Brodsky, Peterson’s attorney, tells Sneed he plans to send the document excising Thomas Peterson’s name from the Savio suit to attorneys for the Savio family by Monday. The wrongful death suit was also filed on behalf of Thomas’ brother and Savio’s youngest son, Kristopher, 16. His name is not included in his brother’s document because he is still a minor, Brodsky said.

† Backshot: Although relatives of Savio have said Drew Peterson blocked them from having contact with the children, Brodsky vehemently denies that is true.

† Buckshot: With the exception of Peterson’s eldest son, Eric, all of Peterson’s children live in his Bolingbrook home and are cared for by Stephen Peterson, an Oak Brook police officer who is under suspension for allegedly obstructing the probe into his father’s missing fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

† Background: Kathleen Savio’s 2004 bathtub death was originally classified as an accidental drowning. But after a 2007 exhumation it was reclassified as a homicide and Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, was charged with the murder.

† Foreground: Peterson, who’s been locked up since May 2009, remains in Will County Jail in lieu of $20 million bond.

For more details check out Brodsky’s website, joelbrodskylaw.com, or search “Joel A. Brodsky, attorney at law” on Facebook.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »

Drew Peterson still wreaks havoc upon his family even from jail. I feel very sorry for this young son Thomas as he seems to be a very good person. I know he does not want to believe his father could have killed his mother. He gives his father credit for who he is, but although he was young when his mother was murdered, she also had influence on him. I have no doubt Drew kept the kids from his mother's family just like he controlled everything else in his life.

His police officer son Stephen has been drawn into Drew's vile way of life. He was willing to lie for Drew, sacrifice his morals and his job is in jeopardy because of this. Evil men like Drew have a way of controlling the people closest to him, and they sometimes end up thinking he is a god of some sort. Somehow they can never see him for what he is. I don't know if it is a type of mind control or what, but even when they are grown they cannot see the evil, illegal and immoral things Drew does because Drew is always able to explain things away to them. I have seen this situation myself on a personal level. It is a very sad situation. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »

Brother of Kathleen Savio speaks out.

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/brother-of-kathleen-savio-people-that-knew-her-loved-her-people-that-did-not-know-her-noticed-her-people-left-behind-mourn-her/

This morning a letter from Tom Peterson, Drew Peterson and Kathleen Savio‘s son, was published in the column of Chicago Sun-Times gossip columnist, Michael Sneed. It was annotated with explanations and commentary (most likely provided by lawyer Joel Brodsky) and also directed readers to Mr. Brodsky’s new web site and Facebook page, where they can read about his rates and give him a call if they ever need the services of a defense lawyer.

We are happy to present this letter from Kathleen Savio’s brother, Henry M. Savio, with no annotations and no links nor directions to anything.

My name is Henry M. Savio. I am the brother of Kathleen Savio. My sister Kathleen was Tom and Kristopher’s mother. I read every new story that is written about the Peterson case; every word that is written that mentions my beloved sister and the man that took her away from our family. I hear every news-cast and wonder if they feel anything when they read. Sometimes the news focuses on Stacy, the missing fourth wife of Drew Peterson. I know what they are going through. I pay attention when I hear people remark on the case. My reality is that my sister has become a news case. My sister, the girl that I grew up with that I expected I would know forever, reduced to a case for everyone to speculate about.

I am writing this because I want to hear something about my sister that does not involve, include or revolve around Drew Peterson or his family. While people know my sister’s name they don’t know anything about her. She has been dehumanized and reduced to a case that people speculate about in the lunch room as a distraction from a tedious day at work. Now when I see a case like this on the news, I do consider what the families of these victims and go through. I wish that everyone watching this case or other similar cases would take a moment to imagine someone they love becoming what might as well be a number. People have a morbid fascination with death and tragedy. We want to feel something and when we turn on the news and are safe in our homes it is easy to say, “That poor woman, I hope he gets what he deserves”. It matters to me a great deal that my sister’s death is avenged but it won’t bring her back. When all the news shifts to another tragedy that is dragging out in the courts and in the media, we will still be here and she will still be gone.

Kathleen “Kitty” Savio was a bright, determined and spirited woman. She was considerate and compassionate towards others. She had that “IT” factor that beautiful women often posses. She was one of those women that commanded your attention just by entering a room. People that knew her loved her. People that did not know her, noticed her. People left behind mourn her.

I know that this is probably not going to be published or edited out but she was afraid for herself and made this known to all of us. None of us could have conceived it would end this way. No one ever thinks this will happen to them and when it does, it happens too quickly to comprehend it. We lost her because we did not think this could happen. My children have lost an Aunt, and they think of that everyday. Her downfall was that she was not going to continue to be abused. She was not complacent and she was not going to subject her children to a home filled with anger and control. Kris and Tom both know the abuse that she endured, and they prayed for that abuse to stop as well. She was a fighter. She was not a quitter and that was her demise. Kathleen Savio was not a victim. She was courageous until the end of her life, and she was their mother.

To her son, Thomas, I am glad that you are moving on with your life. Your mother would be proud of everything you are achieving. Every goal you accomplish is a testament to the first 11 years of your life, what was instilled in you by her. You were faced with the worst tragedy a child can know, the death of your Mother; my sister. I am grateful that the Kathleen’s estate is paving the way for your education in the medical field. We realize that that is what will be getting you through school. My only hope is that as you continue your medical studies the facts in your mother’s case will interest you enough that you may find the evidence, weigh it out, and contemplate things that are not visible to you now. Not to mention, the whereabouts of your stepmother Stacy, and the question where she really is. My children, and family tried to make contact with you but it was not allowed. Your father for all that is he is or isn’t, was clear in what was not to be allowed. Not only did I lose my sister but I lost her children, something I know would not make her happy. Sadly, I know that she would understand. If you ever want to reach out and remember your mother through the memory of people who loved her, reach out to me. I am heartbroken that you would consider or believe that I would not want you and your brother in my life. You are my sister’s child and therefore engrained in my life whether you know or acknowledge it. Kathleen will always resonate in her family’s lives. If our lives continue to move separately and our paths never cross, I hope that you will keep your mother’s memory because very soon, everyone else will forget our family and move on with their lives. I will never forget you. You will always be in our hearts.

Your Uncle, and the Savio Family,
Henry M. Savio

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »

BRAVO! Henry M. Savio!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2011, 06:03:17 AM »

Fanny......  " type of mind control "  BINGO!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »

BRAVO! Henry M. Savio!! 

I commend Henry Savio. I hoped he would speak out and address Thomas Peterson. It was a very heartfelt letter, and I am glad it was published. I tend to believe it was published in it's entirety. I hope someday the families can come together. There are evil men in this world. I have not a doubt in the world that Drew Peterson is one of them. There is not a redeeming quality in his whole life. I should not be the one to judge. God is the one that should and will judge him and me. But I am only human and I do judge Drew Peterson. He is way beyond contempt and redemption. I hope God will understand how I feel.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/drew_peterson/drew-peterson-son-thomas-kathleen-savio-lawsuit-letter-20110117
Drew Peterson’s Son Thomas Wants Off Kathleen Savio Wrongful Death Lawsuit
January 17, 2011

Chicago - Drew Peterson's son Thomas now says he wants his name taken off a lawsuit filed on his behalf.

Peterson is currently in jail, accused of killing Thomas Peterson's mother, Kathleen Savio. Some of Savio's relatives have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Peterson on Thomas' and his brother's behalf.

Now that Thomas is 18-years-old, he is asking the court to remove him from the lawsuit. Thomas Peterson said in a letter that he loves his dad, and that they were together the entire weekend that his mother was killed. Thomas Peterson said there's no way his dad killed his mother.

Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said that Thomas Peterson barely knows the relatives who filed the lawsuit.

"[Thomas] felt that Henry Savio, who he's never met his entire life except for five minutes at his mother's funeral, and Anna Doman, who hasn't reached out to him since his mother died, had no business messing in his life," Brodsky said. "He feels strongly about that and he wanted to take a stand."

Henry Savio and Anna Doman refused to go on camera, but they did release a letter saying that if Thomas and Kris Peterson ever want to reach out to their mother's family, they will be there.

Savio and Peterson were in the middle of a bitter divorce when she was found dead in a dry bathtub. Her death was initially ruled an accident, but two years ago, Peterson was arrested and charged with her murder.

Peterson is also suspected in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, who disappeared in Oct. 2007.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:46 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/3346824-418/peterson-savio-drew-kathleen-sister.html
Savio’s brother says she’s become a ‘faceless name’
January 18, 2011

Henry M. Savio said his late sister has become a faceless name in a storyline that seems to focus on Kathleen Savio’s former husband and ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson, who is charged with her murder.

“I want to hear something about my sister that does not involve, include or revolve around Drew Peterson or his family,” Henry M. Savio wrote in a weekend letter to the Chicago Sun-Times. “While people know my sister’s name they don’t know anything about her. She has been dehumanized and reduced to a case that people speculate about in the lunch room as a distraction from a tedious day at work.”

In an interview, Henry M. Savio said it was his nephew’s letter to Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed — excerpted in Sunday’s editions — that prompted him to write. Thomas “Tommy” Peterson, 18, is Kathleen “Kitty” Savio’s oldest son with Peterson and in his note to Sneed declared his father’s innocence. Particularly stinging, Savio says, is the teen crediting his father for his academic and other successes: “He supports me, loves me, and set me on the path to success.”

But Savio said it was his sister who pushed her boys to do well in school, including Thomas Peterson who was just 11 when his mother died in 2004.

“I want to let my sister’s kids know [they] should remember her. It seems like Drew tried to erase her from their memory. She’s probably the reason [Thomas] got good grades,” Savio said.

He said he would tell them directly, but he’s not in regular contact with his sister’s sons, Thomas and younger brother Kris, 16, because Drew Peterson has kept the Savio clan at arm’s length.

Joel Brodsky, Peterson’s attorney, calls that “ridiculous” saying that the Savios haven’t reached out to the boys — even during the 19 months their father has been in the Will County jail, awaiting trial for allegedly drowning their mother.

Brodsky took particular umbrage at Henry M. Savio’s comments that Drew Peterson was behind the note Thomas Peterson penned to Sneed.

“He doesn’t believe his father is innocent, he knows his father is innocent. He’s not under some Svengali hypnotism.”

Kathleen Savio, Peterson’s third wife, was found dead in a dry bathtub and her death was ruled an accident. But the case was reopened several years later after Peterson’s fourth wife Stacy Peterson disappeared in 2007; she still hasn’t been found and Peterson is a suspect but has not been charged.

Today, as Peterson sits in a Will County jail, their two boys along with Stacy Peterson’s young son and daughter live under the same roof in Bolingbrook with Peterson’s adult son from another marriage.

After everything that has happened, Brodsky said, Kathleen Savio’s and Peterson’s sons have a clear memory of their mother.

“Tommy and Kris know their mother loved them — there’s no question about that,” Brodsky said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/3423600-418/peterson-evidence-hearsay-appeal-court.html
Peterson’s hearsay appeal set for Feb. 16
January 21, 2011

OTTAWA — An appeal of hearsay evidence rulings in the Drew Peterson murder case will be before the Illinois Appellate Court on Feb. 16.

Oral arguments will begin at 1:15 p.m., said Gist Fleshman, clerk of the Third District Appellate Court in Ottawa.

A request by a Chicago TV station to film the proceedings is pending before the court as well, Gist said.

After oral arguments are presented, it could take the judges one to six months — or longer — to make a ruling.

“It depends on the complexity of the issues involved,” he said.

A ruling also could be delayed if the judges are not in total agreement.

“Or they may agree on the outcome, but not how they’re getting there — the analysis,” Fleshman said.

The average length of time for a decision is three months.

Third appeal

This is the third appeal involving Peterson’s troubles with the law. The first two involved a gun charge and a request to re-open his third wife’s estate, Fleshman said.

The latest appeal involves hearsay evidence prosecutors want to present in Peterson’s murder trial.

In July, Will County State’s Attorney Jim Glasgow appealed a pre-trial ruling by former Will County Chief Judge Stephen White who excluded some hearsay evidence as inadmissible.

White sealed his ruling, so information on which statements were allowed and which were excluded is not public. But the oral arguments before the Appellate Court will be open to the public, Fleshman said.

“The attorneys should avoid discussing in detail anything that is sealed,” he said.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, was charged in May 2009 with drowning his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. The case has drawn national media attention.

Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared in October 2007. After she disappeared, authorities reviewed Savio’s death and reversed the cause of death from accidental to homicide.

Police say Peterson is a suspect in Stacy Peterson’s disappearance, which is considered a possible homicide by authorities, but no charges have been filed.

Hearsay evidence is secondhand evidence presented by someone who does not have direct knowledge of events.

A law passed in 2008 makes hearsay evidence admissible if it is proven that a witness was murdered to keep the person from testifying.

In June, the Illinois Supreme Court rejected an appeal in a case where hearsay evidence was used to convict a Naperville man of killing four family members in 2005.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/3521807-418/peterson-drew-glink-savio-civil.html
Did Peterson pressure son on financial decision?
January 28, 2011

OLIET — Lawyer Martin Glink fears accused wife killer Drew Peterson may have put “undue influence” on his son, Thomas, 18, who recently released his father from all financial claims.
(snip)

Civil suit

Glink was in Joliet on Thursday morning to file an amended complaint in a civil lawsuit pending against former Bolingbrook cop Peterson and his uncle James Carroll, who was the original executor of Kathleen Savio’s estate.
Savio was Peterson’s third wife. She was found “drowned” in a dry bathtub in 2004 and the death was ruled accidental. The case was reopened and ruled a homicide after Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, disappeared in 2007. Peterson was charged with murdering Savio in May 2009. He is a suspect in the disappearance and presumed homicide of Stacy Peterson, though no charges have been filed.

Glink is representing Savio’s sister Anna Doman and father Henry Savio in the wrongful-death lawsuit. His amended civil complaint gives more details on the alleged “breach of fiduciary duty” by Peterson and Carroll.

“Essentially, they took all of Kathleen Savio’s assets, what was marital property, and funneled them over to Drew, who is prevented from getting the assets because they were already divorced,” Glink said. “As a fiduciary, you have a duty to do things properly.”

‘The whole thing is ridiculous’

In a letter published by Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed earlier this month, Thomas Peterson defended his father who he said was innocent of the murder charge. Thomas also criticized Doman and Henry Savio, for bringing a wrongful-death lawsuit against his father.

“I think it’s ridiculous,” Thomas said. “They’re trying to take money from my dad and basically give it back to us.”

Lawyers for Peterson and Carroll have 28 days to respond to the amended complaint, Glink said. The next status hearing date was scheduled for May 19.

(snip)
As the civil case heads to trial, the murder charge against Peterson is headed to the 3rd District Appellate Court in Ottawa for oral arguments Feb. 16.

In July, Will County State’s Attorney Jim Glasgow appealed a pre-trial ruling by retired Will County Chief Judge Stephen White who excluded some hearsay evidence as inadmissible. The appellate court will consider the matter after the oral arguments.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/savio-attorney-peterson-son-still-on-board
Savio Attorney: Peterson Son Still on Board
An attorney representing the family of Kathleen Savio in their probate fight with Drew Peterson has confidence in his case.
January 27, 2011

(snip)
"We're pretty confident our breach of fiduciary duty count will now stand," said Arlington Heights Attorney Martin Glink following a brief appearance Thursday at the Joliet courthouse annex.

Not only that, but Glink says Peterson's third oldest son, Thomas Peterson, who turned 18 on Jan. 5, is still a part of the case. This despite a letter Thomas supposedly wrote claiming he wants out.

"I question seriously if that was due to some undue influence, unfortunately," Glink said of the letter Thomas supposedly wrote releasing his father from any financial responsibility resulting from the lawsuit brought by his mother's family.
(snip)
One of Peterson's lawyers, Joel Brodsky, filed a release on behalf of Thomas to have the young man dropped from the case, Glink said.

"He's basically saying, 'I'm letting my father go regardless of what a jury may find,' even if his moneys have been misspent," Glink said

But filing a release is not enough to make it happen, Glink said.

"If someone is unduly influencing him, it's a different story," he explained.
(snip)
Stacy remains missing. The state police believe she was the victim of a "potential homicide" and named Peterson their sole suspect in her possible death, but have yet to charge him -- or anyone else -- with harming her.
(snip)

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/3318603-417/peterson-savio-sneed-thomas-drew.html
Drew Peterson's son takes a stand
January 16, 2011

The Peterson file . . .

Sneed has learned Thomas Peterson, son of accused wife-murderer Drew Peterson — and of Kathleen Savio, the woman Peterson is accused of killing — is taking a legal stand in defense of his father.

In an impassioned letter sent to Sneed, Thomas Peterson wrote:

“My name is Thomas Peterson and I am now 18 years old, I am an adult, I can now make my own decisions, and nobody has the right to speak for me anymore.”

† Translation: Now that he is no longer a minor, Thomas, an honor student at Bolingbrook High School, has signed a document releasing his father from all financial claims arising from the death of his mother: specifically the wrongful death suit filed on his behalf by his aunt and grandfather.

The letter states:

“I am not stupid. I am first in my class at Bolingbrook High School, an Illinois State Scholar, Vice President of the National Honor Society, and have over a 4.7 grade point average — accomplishments higher than what most people would dream of achieving.

“Because I know my father is innocent, I am releasing him from the lawsuit brought by Henry J. Savio and Anna Doman on my behalf while I was a minor.

“Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes. I know to an absolute 1000% moral certainty that my father Drew Peterson is innocent in the death of my mother Kathleen Savio.

“Do not forget I was with my father the entire weekend that my mother died.

“How Henry J. Savio can sue my father on my behalf is just crazy. I have only met Henry J. Savio once in my entire life, and that was for five seconds at my mother’s funeral.

“Other than that he never ever came to see me, even when my mother was alive. He never called me, never wrote me, never sent me a birthday card, or gift, or a Christmas card or gift; I don’t even know what the man looks like. He should just leave me, my father, my family and my way of life alone. “As to Anna Doman, we had little contact with her while my mother was alive and none after. Anna also never called, wrote, sent a birthday card or gift. Nothing. She too should just do what she did before, and leave us alone.

“People should not say that I am some poor little kid afraid of his father. I have a great life, great friends, a great family, and I am hopefully going on to medical school following my undergraduate studies, hopefully at Harvard because I have the grades and test scores to achieve it. It is my father Drew Peterson that gave me this life.

“He supports me, loves me, and set me on the path to success (I can safely say I would not be where I am now educationally without his constant support and motivation), and I love him. I pray he will be free soon so that he can give the same drive to my brothers and sister that he gave to me, and be back with his family where he belongs.”

† Upshot: Joel Brodsky, Peterson’s attorney, tells Sneed he plans to send the document excising Thomas Peterson’s name from the Savio suit to attorneys for the Savio family by Monday. The wrongful death suit was also filed on behalf of Thomas’ brother and Savio’s youngest son, Kristopher, 16. His name is not included in his brother’s document because he is still a minor, Brodsky said.

† Backshot: Although relatives of Savio have said Drew Peterson blocked them from having contact with the children, Brodsky vehemently denies that is true.

† Buckshot: With the exception of Peterson’s eldest son, Eric, all of Peterson’s children live in his Bolingbrook home and are cared for by Stephen Peterson, an Oak Brook police officer who is under suspension for allegedly obstructing the probe into his father’s missing fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

† Background: Kathleen Savio’s 2004 bathtub death was originally classified as an accidental drowning. But after a 2007 exhumation it was reclassified as a homicide and Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, was charged with the murder.

† Foreground: Peterson, who’s been locked up since May 2009, remains in Will County Jail in lieu of $20 million bond.

For more details check out Brodsky’s website, joelbrodskylaw.com, or search “Joel A. Brodsky, attorney at law” on Facebook.

Wow, now much ego THERE, is there?   /cough
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/04/drew-peterson-hearing-the-hearsay/
Drew Peterson: Hearing the hearsay?
February 4, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/3735427-418/tv-crews-at-peterson-hearing-a-first-for-ottawa-court.html
TV crews at Peterson hearing a first for Ottawa court
February 10, 2011

OTTAWA — Two legal trends will be evident when the Drew Peterson hearsay case gets under way Wednesday before the 3rd District Appellate Court.

The first is a move toward making more video and audio available to the public from Supreme Court and Appellate Court proceedings.

::snipping2::

The second trend is for more states to allow hearsay evidence in trials. In Illinois, there are a few situations in which hearsay evidence is admissible. A relatively new state law adds another scenario in which hearsay can be used in court: when there is proof a witness was murdered to keep from testifying.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, was charged in May 2009 with drowning his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. Prosecutors want to use hearsay evidence, reported by Savio’s relatives and friends, during the trial.

But a Will County judge rejected some of the evidence in a pre-trial ruling. That ruling was appealed just as Peterson’s murder trial was about to start.

Oral arguments will be heard before the appellate court at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday.
Making history

When a WGN-TV camera begins to roll Wednesday, it will be the first time live proceedings will be videotaped in the Ottawa courthouse, Fleshman said.

Cameras have been allowed at the Supreme Court and appellate court levels in Illinois since the 1980s.

Footage of Supreme Court proceedings has been available online for the past couple of years, and audio tapes of appellate court proceedings have been online for about a year, he said.

No cameras are allowed at the circuit court level.

Oral arguments were filmed last year when 3rd District Appellate Court judges held a session at Bradley University, Fleshman said. But next week will mark the first time oral arguments have been videotaped in Ottawa. All previous requests were denied.

Only one camera will be allowed, and it will be limited to the back of the courtroom, he said. The WGN cameraman will act as a pool reporter with the video being shared among news outlets, he added.

More about the Pre-Trial Appeal and Hearsay Issues...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2011, 06:36:17 PM »

O/T BUT IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO READ:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.0
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2011, 07:08:00 AM »

Drew Peterson trial will be streaming live on www.wgntv.com at 1:00 today Chicago time.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.