March 19, 2024, 12:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310834 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/9425832-452/drew-peterson-in-letter-to-friend-help-being-held-hostage.html

Drew Peterson in letter to friend: ‘Help! Being held hostage’
By MICHAEL SNEED msneed@suntimes.com
December 14, 2011 5:42PM
Updated: December 15, 2011 2:13AM

The Peterson File ...
Leave it to accused wife murderer Drew Peterson, who has been in prison awaiting trial for nearly three years, to send a recent letter to a friend using gallows humor.

“Help. I’m being held hostage against my will!” penned Peterson.

In a copy of a letter sent to Sneed, Peterson — who is charged with the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy — lists his grievances.

Quoth Peterson, a former Bolingbrook cop:

◆ “My cell size is 17 by 19.”

◆ “I sleep on a concrete bed with a lawn share [chair] mattress.”

◆ “I’m cold always. I wear two thermal shirts and have four blankets to keep warm. I get clean clothes once a week.”

◆ “I’m kept in solitary confinement and have only moments a day to talk to others when my meals or clean clothes are delivered or when the guards sometimes check on me.”

◆ “My meals come three times a day, 6, 11 and 5. Meals are high in fat and carbs. A lot of food. I’m never hungry. I watch TV all day depending on who the guards are. My only form of entertainment.”

◆ “I’m allergic to the laundry soap. I itch all of the time and always have a rash on my ankles. I’ve been given a second pair of socks to wash myself and ointment for my rash.”

◆ “I’m only allowed to telephone one lawyer, Joel Brodsky, and my family during ‘time out’ in an attached dayroom approx 12 by 12. Timeouts 8-10 am, 1-3 pm, 3-4 pm then at 7-11 pm. Time outs are given when not on lockdown. During time outs I can get soap and toilet paper. Razors are only given out in the AM along with nail and hair clippers. I get meds twice a day, 5 am and 730 pm. I’m given cholesterol and high blood pressure medicine along with vitamins.”

◆ “My eyeglasses are over 15 years old and I don’t get new ones. I have skin issues which require CO2 freezing or burning off which the medical section does not or won’t provide.”

◆ “It’s been said to me the guards aren’t allowed to talk to me due to my charismatic personality and they fear I will manipulate them. LOL. My mom is having legal, financial and health issues I can’t help her with. I can’t even call her.”

◆ “Help, I’m being held hostage against my will.”

The Peterson file II ...
The Flip side: Pamela Bosco, spokesman for Stacy Peterson’s family, tells Sneed:

“Oh my God . . . you can see how it’s very hard to be sympathetic to this man, don’t you? It’s hard to make a comment to something like that. I would say this man is in jail for a reason and he should stay in jail. We have two lovely women, one’s dead and one’s disappeared, and he’s the primary suspect. As far as we are concerned, he deserves the treatment he’s getting right now. Let’s just say that at this point in time.”

::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: December 15, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »

With video

http://www.suntimes.com/9443399-417/lifetime-releases-trailer-for-drew-peterson-tv-movie.html

Lifetime releases trailer for Drew Peterson TV movie
December 14, 2011 3:03PM
Updated: December 14, 2011 3:18PM

The Lifetime network released a trailer for the movie based on former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson.

The made-for-TV movie stars Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson; Kaley Cuoco as Stacy Peterson, Drew Peterson’s missing fourth wife; and Cara Buono as Kathleen Savio, the thrid wife of Drew Peterson who was found dead in her dry bathtub in 2004.

----------------------------

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-movie-20111216,0,6884818.story

Drew Peterson finds Rob Lowe Lifetime movie trailer hilarious
Lawyer plays recording for jailed client held in wife's death
By Mark Caro, Chicago Tribune reporter
8:29 p.m. CST, December 15, 2011

Drew Peterson's criminal defense lawyer, Joel Brodsky, said he spoke to his jailed client on the phone Thursday morning and played him the just-released online trailer of the upcoming Lifetime movie "Drew Peterson: Untouchable."

"He laughed and said, 'That's hilarious,'" Brodsky said.

But the movie's legal implications aren't so funny to Brodsky and Peterson, the former Bolingbrook police sergeant awaiting trial in Will County in the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, while under suspicion in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/9709715-421/lifetime-movie-on-drew-peterson-captures-his-personality-but-takes-some-liberties.html

Lifetime movie on Drew Peterson captures his personality but takes some liberties
BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter drozek@suntimes.com
December 29, 2011 9:06PM
Updated: December 29, 2011 9:08PM

Actor Rob Lowe takes on Drew Peterson in Lifetime’s upcoming movie about the former Bolingbrook cop who’s charged with murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and remains a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.

So how accurately does “Untouchable” — based on the book “Fatal Vows” by former Joliet Herald-News reporter Joe Hosey — portray actual events in the notorious case?

The film captures Peterson’s cocky attitude and off-the-wall quips, but it definitely takes artistic license with some key points and a few minor details in the still-ongoing drama.

Open door

In a scene that gives the movie its title, Lowe as Peterson dramatically opens the garage door of his hostile neighbor, then warns her he’ll never be arrested because he’s “untouchable, b----.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »

Video at link

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-stacy-peterson-pastor-remarks-on-drew-lifetime-movie-jan19,0,2334135.story

Stacy Peterson's pastor remarks on Drew's new Lifetime movie
Pastor Neil Schori was Stacy's confidante
Marcella Raymond
WGN News
1:25 p.m. CST, January 19, 2012

CHICAGO— Pastor Neil Schori from Naperville Christian Church was Stacy Peterson's confidante.

He says she told him that Drew Peterson had killed his third wife Kathleen Savio and that she was afraid for her own life.

Last night, Pastor Schori watched the Lifetime movie, "Drew Peterson:Untouchable." He said it was what he thought it would be; too much attention focused on Drew, not enough on Kathleen and Stacy.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/10112253-418/jailed-drew-peterson-could-watch-lifetime-movie-about-him.html

Jailed Drew Peterson could watch Lifetime movie about him
BY JON SEIDEL jseidel@suntimes.com
January 19, 2012 6:06PM
Updated: January 19, 2012 6:23PM

No, there won’t be a popcorn party this weekend at the Will County Jail.

And yes, some Will County officials will be watching at 7 p.m. Saturday when Lifetime airs “Drew Peterson: Untouchable,” the made-for-TV movie about the former Bolingbrook cop accused of killing this third wife. They apparently won’t include Sheriff Paul Kaupas or Bolingbrook police Chief Kevin McCarthy, though.
State’s Attorney Jim Glasgow, the man trying to prosecute the real-life Peterson for Kathleen Savio’s murder, said he’ll tune in, but not by preference.

“Obviously I have to watch it,” Glasgow said.

He said his office has to be aware of any publicity in the case — “for obvious reasons.” Glasgow said the movie won’t hurt his case, but he didn’t want to talk about the footage he’s seen so far. The case is on hold pending appeals.

“So there is a possibility that Drew could watch,” Hoffmeyer said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-bc-il--drewpeterson-movie,0,6869147.story

Drew Peterson finds movie about his life 'hysterical,' but attorney says it might affect jury
By Associated Press
12:21 p.m. CST, January 22, 2012

"He thought it was hysterical," Brodsky said. "He chuckled at all of the inaccuracies and things that never happened."

But the attorney also said it could make it difficult to find an impartial jury, even if the trial is moved to find potential jurors who haven't been influenced by media coverage.

"Obviously he is concerned people might be influenced by the movie's inaccuracies," Brodsky said. "But we agreed that anyone who thinks a Lifetime movie is factual shouldn't be on a jury in the first place."

Prosecutors had said that they planned to watch the movie as well.

Relatives of Stacy Peterson, who watched the movie at a Bolingbrook hotel, said they thought it was far-fetched.

"It's so inaccurate, I had to laugh," said Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales. "It was so far-fetched and off-the-mark. I was sad about it before it aired, but it wasn't my sister's story."

Drew Peterson's murder case remains on hold while an appellate court considers the admissibility of some evidence.

Will County prosecutors want jurors to hear several hearsay statements they claim link the former Bolingbrook police officer to Savio's drowning. The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered a lower court to rule on the hearsay evidence, including statements Savio allegedly made to friends before her death about Peterson threatening her.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Victims_Family_Not_Tuning_in_for_Drew_Peterson_Movie_137833779.html?ref=779

Victim's Family Not Tuning in for Drew Peterson Movie
Posted: 9:27 PM Jan 21, 2012
Reporter: Stephen Johnson

Susan Doman refuses to watch the made for television movie surrounding the death of her sister Kathleen Savio. She says she doesn't need another reminder of the brutal murder that took away her loved one nine years ago.

"It is still hard to realize that she's gone. I choose not to watch it because of the memories”, says Doman.
Peterson remains in jail for Savio's murder. No date has been set for his trial, although Doman says they expect proceedings to start in late spring to early summer.
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »

HLN reporting that Drew Peterson Movie was the most watched movie for all time on Lifetime.
Amazing! Looks like laws might be changing to allow us to watch open court. That would be something to see! Sure hope he is found guilty,
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »

HLN reporting that Drew Peterson Movie was the most watched movie for all time on Lifetime.
Amazing! Looks like laws might be changing to allow us to watch open court. That would be something to see! Sure hope he is found guilty,

Hi, CarolF

Thank you for the information.  Most watched movie on Lifetime?  I'm surprised!  If cameras are permitted in the courtroom during his trial, I hope that it doesn't become a circus like the OJ and Anthony trials. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/10206004-418/cameras-allowed-in-illinois-courtrooms-to-bring-more-transparency.html

Cook County to apply for new cameras in the courtroom experimental program
BY DAVE MCKINNEY  AND LISA DONOVAN Staff Reporters
January 24, 2012 11:14AM

Updated: January 24, 2012 9:30PM

SPRINGFIELD — Now that the Illinois Supreme Court has announced it will allow cameras in trial courts on an experimental basis, Cook County’s chief judge says he wants in.

Cook County Circuit Court Chief Judge Tim Evans says he’d like the local courts to participate in the program.

“I will apply to the Illinois Supreme Court’s pilot project to allow extended media coverage in Circuit Court of Cook County courtrooms,” Evans said in statement.

Will County — home to high-profile murder suspects such as Drew Peterson and Christopher Vaughn — will consider whether to opt into the supreme court’s pilot program. But even if it does, Chief Judge Gerald Kinney said, it could take several months to draft formal protocols.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AT 9PM ET:
http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »

Dana 

I liked what Diane Dimond said--"When you get an impartial jury, you get an uninformed jury."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »

Some comments--

Waiting for the second hand ruling by the court.
Prepared to go to trial.
Cameras?  Chief judge is ok with it (Will County).
Jurors will have to fill out a questionnaire--Did you watch the movie? 
Persons right is more important than a corporation's profit.  It's entertainment not a documentary.

------------------

Thanks, Dana.  Great show!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »

http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/city/illinois-courts-prepare-for-news-cameras-1.2695877

Illinois courts prepare for news cameras
By Kris Anne Bonifacio
Published: Monday, February 6, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 01:02

Preparations are underway for the first news cameras to record proceedings inside some Illinois courtrooms, two weeks after the Illinois Supreme Court gave the green light to broadcast video and audio coverage in the state's circuit courts.

On Jan. 31, the Illinois Supreme Court chose the 14th Judicial Circuit in northwestern Illinois to be the first jurisdiction to allow cameras and tape recorders, and Chief Judge Jeffrey O'Connor met with local media Monday to establish procedures for news coverage.
There are two high-profile trials elsewhere in the state that could potentially be televised: the trial of Drew Peterson, a Bolingbrook police sergeant accused of killing his third wife, and the trial of William Balfour, who has been accused of killing the mother, brother and nephew of actress Jennifer Hudson. A Cook County judge has set his trial to begin April 9.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/illinois-judge-allows-cam_n_1304475.html

Illinois Judge Allows Cameras At Murder Trial, Marking First Test Of New Courtroom Policy
First Posted: 02/27/2012 4:23 pm Updated: 02/27/2012 4:23 pm

A judge in northwestern Illinois made an announcement Friday that could forever change the way the media covers criminal trials in the state.

In January, the Illinois Supreme Court approved heightened media access to criminal proceedings, including video recording, on an experimental basis. The justices believed that allowing the public to see what happened during these trials would increase transparency -- and in Morrison, Ill. Friday, Judge Jeffrey O'Conner said he would take advantage of that ruling.

Overruling objections from both prosecutors and the defense, who had argued that cameras would allow for inflated media coverage, undermining the possibility of selecting an impartial jury, O'Conner said he would allow the media to record accused serial killer Nicholas Sheley's trial, the Associated Press reports.
The new rule comes as several high-profile cases are nearing trial, including the prosecution of Drew Peterson and the trial of William Balfour, who is suspected in the killings of Jennifer Hudson's relatives.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-lawyer-already-looking-for-legal-loophole

Drew Peterson Lawyer Looking For Loophole?
A Wall Street Journal Story has one of Drew Peterson's attorneys looking at a tweeting juror as grounds for a possible acquittal. Or something.
By Joseph Hosey Email the author5:58 am

Joel Brodsky, self-proclaimed "lead attorney" for accused wife-killer Drew Peterson, speculated in a Wall Street Journal story that all it might take for his client to walk is a tweeting juror.

"That would be ripe grounds for a mistrial, for throwing out a conviction or an acquittal, and we'd have to go through the process all over again," Brodsky said in the story.

To avoid the "horrible" possibility of Peterson getting his conviction thrown out — or even acquitted of the murder charges — Brodsky "may ask the court to require jurors to disclose information, such as Twitter handles and Internet Protocol numbers that track Web use," according to the Wall Street Journal story.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/07/attorney-internet-use-could-bias-jury-in-peterson-case/
Attorney: Internet Use Could Bias Jury In Peterson Case
March 7, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/11181728-452/david-axelrod-maintains-cone-of-silence-when-his-cellphone-rings.html
By Michael Sneed
March 9, 2012

The Peterson file . . .

Accused wife murderer Drew Peterson now has four supporters depositing money into an account he can use to buy soda pop and treats while he awaits trial in the Will County Jail in the murder of third wife, Kathleen Savio.

◆ The supporter tally: Two men from Texas and two people from Illinois — one of whom is a woman. “They are all pitching in $50 to $100 bucks at a time,” said a Peterson source, who claims Peterson now has a relationship with a dozen pen-pals.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=452285

Ask The Times: Drew Peterson
Share  03/16/2012, 7:31 pm

Q. What is the status of the Drew Peterson case?

A. Former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson is currently in a Will County jail awaiting trial in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He also is the prime suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

Last November, the Illinois Supreme Court ordered the Appellate Court in Ottawa to take another look at whether disputed evidence can be used against Peterson when his murder case begins.
It is not known when the Appellate Court will announce its decision.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

I'm posting this article as an item of interest.  It appears Kathleen Savio's case isn't the only one Sgt. Robert Deel has mucked up.   

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-23/news/ct-met-christopher-vaughn-letter-20120323_1_dry-bolingbrook-bathtub-christopher-vaughn-private-investigator
Cop testified Vaughn's wife may have killed children, then herself, investigator says
As husband's trial looms, letter yields new details in 2007 deaths

Christopher Vaughn is charged with the 2007 shooting deaths of his wife, Kimberly, and their children, Cassandra, from left, 11; Blake, 8; and Abigayle, 12.
March 23, 2012

An Illinois State Police investigator has testified that Christopher Vaughn, charged with killing his wife and three children, may not be responsible for their deaths, a former member of Vaughn's defense team said.

Sgt. Robert Deel
, who is no longer a crime scene investigator after prosecutors faulted his work on another murder case, testified that the evidence convinced him that Vaughn's wife might have shot her husband and children before killing herself, the former defense team member said. Vaughn suffered minor gunshot wounds in his wrist and leg.
Deel has been faulted for failing to recover any evidence while investigating the 2004 death of Drew Peterson's ex-wife Kathleen Savio in her dry Bolingbrook bathtub, prosecutors have said. Peterson was charged with Savio's murder after her body was exhumed years later.

Will County prosecutors asked that Deel never process another crime scene in their county again. Deel has since been assigned to patrol, officials said.

A spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office said the letter is full of "tremendous inaccuracies," though he declined to name them. A state police spokeswoman said the agency couldn't comment on a pending case.

"It's really questionable," said state's attorney spokesman Charles Pelkie of Clutter's letter. Clutter "is a potential witness for the defense. No potential witness should be discussing these issues publicly."

Vaughn's attorney George Lenard declined to comment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.