March 18, 2024, 08:07:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310801 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »

What a trial!  Lawyers with sun glasses, two color-coordinated lawyers...then color-coordinated jury...etc.

And during this drama, a major criminal trial was going on! 

I just want to know answers to two questions as soon as possible.  What is the verdict--and why?  Why did the jury color coordinate?

o/t
Have to go to a funeral on Tuesday, will catch up with the news later in the day.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: September 02, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »

What a trial!  Lawyers with sun glasses, two color-coordinated lawyers...then color-coordinated jury...etc.

I just want to know answers to two questions as soon as possible.  What is the verdict--and why?  Why did the jury color coordinate?

o/t
Have to go to a funeral on Tuesday, will catch up with the news later in the day.

I too would like to know the answers to the two questions as soon as possible.    

Thank you for your continuing updates grace-land.  I'm sorry you have a funeral to attend.  Please accept my condolences. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #702 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/01/drew-peterson-trial-jury-_2_n_1849066.html

Drew Peterson Trial: Jury Wears Coordinated Outfits Throughout Bizarre Trial
09/01/12 01:52 PM ET

JOLIET, Ill. -- One expects coordinated outfits from cheerleaders, fast-food workers, military units – clowns even. It fosters unity of purpose, team spirit. But color-coordinated jurors? And at a murder trial, no less?

For a month, the jurors at the sensational murder trial of former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson have been filing into court wearing matching clothes – all yellow one day; other days black, blue or green. They've even walked in wearing alternating red, white and blue.

And the coordinated attire hasn't been just about color. Once, it was business suits. Then there was the day they all wore jerseys from sports teams – mostly Chicago Bears and White Sox, though one was a Green Bay Packers shirt, and none for the Cubs.
 ::snipping2::

It's giving me flashbacks of Pinellas County.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

Everything is a joke to these people.
 I hope Drew gets what he deserves
 He who laughs last Laughs the best

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

20m Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@girl4justicenow ABSOLUTELY

20m Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@Mmartinfan4life ... Yes! I will be hosting #InSession from 11-1pm #DrewPeterson closing arguments

22m Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@breleigh23 ...On the TV... #InSession on TruTV 11-1pm Tuesday... Closing arguments in #DrewPeterson trial.

2h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
On the plane... C U soon! http://yfrog.com/kl37001256j

@missmolly1916 FRIDAY verdict... #DrewPeterson

@TheRealJeffRuby ... how are you going to survive on bread and water?????

4h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@colleen229 #drewpeterson #quilty We NEVER know what a jury will do (I was in Orlando last summer). But there's enough for a guilty verdict

18h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@DariaSingz ...I watched that one also...

19h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
@DDUBS_CVRGRL_87 #Untouchable ... watching movie with my Mom...
View conversation

19h Vinnie Politan Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Watching #DrewPeterson movie on Lifetime. No blue towel on the tub when Kathleen Savio found. Wonder if that was done by director on purpose

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: September 03, 2012, 07:38:03 PM »

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/03/peterson-defense-team-anxious-as-closing-arguments-approach/

Peterson Defense Team ‘Anxious’ As Closing Arguments Approach
September 3, 2012 5:38 PM

JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) – Anxious — that’s how one of Drew Peterson’s defense attorney’s described himself the day before closing arguments in Peterson’s murder trial.

Peterson is accused of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in her bathtub in 2004. Her death was originally ruled an accident, but authorities reopened the case after Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared in 2007, and a new autopsy ruled Savio’s death was a homicide.

Drew Peterson’s murder trial in Joliet is the most highly publicized trial to ever take place in Will County.

CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli reports defense attorney Joel Brodsky said his client is emotionally ready for whatever happens.

Brodsky said he spoke to Peterson on Sunday and planned to speak with him again on Monday. He said the former Bolingbrook cop is okay, and is prepared to deal with the verdict, whatever the outcome.

As soon as Tuesday afternoon, a jury of seven men and five women could begin deliberating the former police sergeant’s fate.

But first, they’ll have to listen to lengthy closing arguments from prosecutors and defense attorneys.

Attorney Joe Lopez will do the talking for the defense. He was preparing on Monday, so Brodsky spoke for him.

“I think it’ll be one for the books,” Brodsky said of Lopez’s closing.

It better be; otherwise Drew Peterson could be booked for murder.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: September 03, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/14906697-418/top-10-moments-at-the-drew-peterson-trial.html

Top moments at the Drew Peterson trial as the end draws near
September 3, 2012 7:28PM
Updated: September 3, 2012 7:34PM

Drew Peterson’s five-week murder trial featured moments of wrenching drama, hours of tedious legal arguments and even jurors who color-coordinated their clothing.

Defense attorneys on three occasions sought mistrials. Two witnesses described alleged conversations with Peterson’s missing fourth wife, Stacy, in which she incriminated her husband in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Surprising outbursts of laughter sometimes rocked the Joliet courtroom, which was usually packed with media and spectators — including a wealthy restaurant owner arrested for mouthing a two-word obscenity at Peterson.

With attorneys readying their closing arguments and jurors poised to begin deliberating as soon as Tuesday, here’s a list of the 10 most memorable moments from Peterson’s trial.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: September 04, 2012, 12:34:03 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-trial-0904-20120904,0,7903342.story

Drew Peterson trial: Closing arguments set for Tuesday
10:38 p.m. CDT, September 3, 2012

The fourth-floor Joliet courtroom where the Will County trial is being heard is expected to be packed Tuesday.

Defense attorney Joseph Lopez will give Peterson's closing argument, a speech he said he had put more than 50 hours of preparation into crafting, sometimes over dinner with his wife, Lisa, who is also on the defense team.

"All I know is this — I'm going to do the best I can," he said. "It's not going to be like any lawyer you've seen before. I break every rule in the book."

Prosecutors haven't yet explicitly presented their theory of the case — that Peterson put Savio in a police chokehold until she passed out and then drowned her in her bathtub. Will County Judge Edward Burmila repeatedly prevented the jury from hearing some testimony supporting that claim, ruling that the prosecution had not introduced any evidence proving Peterson was at the death scene.

The state indicated last week that it would make those same inferences during closing arguments, despite assured objections from Peterson's attorneys.

"What inferences they draw from evidence remains to be seen, and I'm not going to put any restrictions," Burmila said Friday. "Defense can object at the time."
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: September 04, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »

Originally published Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Defense: Evidence against Drew Peterson 'garbage'

A defense lawyer at Drew Peterson's murder trial has told jurors that the state presented "garbage evidence."

By MICHAEL TARM

JOLIET, Ill. —

A defense lawyer at Drew Peterson's murder trial has told jurors that the state presented "garbage evidence."

Attorney Joel Lopez said during his two-hour closing Tuesday that prosecutors failed to prove the former suburban Chicago police officer murdered his third wife.

Lopez likened the prosecution's evidence to Swiss cheese, saying it was riddled with holes.  ::snipping2::

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2019064588_apusdrewpeterson.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: September 04, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012, continued tweets from Stacy StClair during court sesstion today

8mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
To clarify #drewpeterson jury can't deliberate until tomorrow

9mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
@Preacher11 can't deliberate until tomorrow

12mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury told to get a "good night's rest" and be back tomorrow at 9 am. Court over for the day.

13mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury told they cannot dwell on arguments or deliberate on case tomorrow. Told not to pay attention to media reports.

17mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
Neither #drewpeterson prosecution or defense objects. Jury won't start deliberating until 9 am tomorrow
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »

15 pages of Updates today

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-closing-arguments-today-20120904,0,2343423.story?page=1&track=rss

4:27 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012
Continual coverage of the trial of Drew Peterson for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:20 p.m. Deliberations to begin Wednesday
The judge released the jury for the day, saying he "did not anticipate that the arguments would take as long as they did."

Judge Edward Burmila told the jury to return Wednesday morning when he will give them their instructions and they will begin deliberating.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/drew-petersons-attorneys-prosecutors-spar-murder-charge-closings/story?id=17147564

Jury to Begin Deliberations in Drew Peterson Murder Trial
Sept. 4, 2012

The fate of former Illinois cop Drew Peterson will go to the jury in Joliet, Ill., Wednesday morning, after prosecutors and defense attorneys finished their closing arguments today. Peterson is accused of murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Defense attorney Joe Lopez pleaded with the jury during his statement to remember that there is no physical evidence tying Peterson to the scene of his wife's death in 2004.

Savio's death was initially ruled an accident after she was found dead in her bathtub. After Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, disappeared without a trace in 2007, however, police exhumed Savio's body and reexamined it as part of the Stacy Peterson investigation. They then changed the cause of death to homicide and charged Drew Peterson.

He has denied any involvement in Savio's death, and prosecutors admit there is no physical evidence connecting him to the scene of the crime. He has never been charged in connection with Stacy's disappearance.

"There [are] no witnesses or scientific evidence that place Drew at the house. .. They can't even prove that Ms. Savio was the victim of a homicide," Lopez said, according to ABC station WLS-TV. "They're trying to nail Jell-O to a tree -- it's an accident, it's an accident, pure and simple."

"The state has not proved this case beyond a reasonable doubt; this case is riddled with doubt like a piece of Swiss cheese," he said.

Lopez's statement to the jury followed prosecutors' closing statement, in which they asked the jury to use "common sense" when deciding if Peterson killed his wife. They cited hearsay statements by Savio to friends and relatives expressing fear that Peterson would hurt or kill her. They also pointed out that she had had a lock installed on her bedroom door.

Prosecutor Chris Koch told the jury, "When you walked into this courthouse, you did not leave your common sense at the front door. It is clear this man, Drew Peterson, murdered Kathleen Savio," according to WLS.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #712 on: September 04, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/01/drew-peterson-trial-jury-_2_n_1849066.html

Drew Peterson Trial: Jury Wears Coordinated Outfits Throughout Bizarre Trial
09/01/12 01:52 PM ET

JOLIET, Ill. -- One expects coordinated outfits from cheerleaders, fast-food workers, military units – clowns even. It fosters unity of purpose, team spirit. But color-coordinated jurors? And at a murder trial, no less?

For a month, the jurors at the sensational murder trial of former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson have been filing into court wearing matching clothes – all yellow one day; other days black, blue or green. They've even walked in wearing alternating red, white and blue.

And the coordinated attire hasn't been just about color. Once, it was business suits. Then there was the day they all wore jerseys from sports teams – mostly Chicago Bears and White Sox, though one was a Green Bay Packers shirt, and none for the Cubs.

It's giving me flashbacks of Pinellas County.

I had a feeling it would, that's why I've stayed far, far, away from it all.  I just couldn't take it again.  Too soon.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »

http://chicagoist.com/2012/09/04/hearsay_hearsay_drew_peterson_trial.php

Hearsay, Hearsay: Drew Peterson Trial Now In Hands Of Wardrobe-Coordinated Jury
September 4, 2012 5:30 PM

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow finally offered a rebuttal to Lopez's statements around 2:30 p.m. Glasgow made a tactical error in trying to match the emotion of the defense. By 2:35 p.m. the jury was ushered out of the courtroom after two defense objections. After a sidebar, Glasgow regrouped and offered a point-by-point rebuttal of the defense's case.

“In this case you combine all of the evidence -- the scientific evidence from the expert, all of the circumstantial evidence that's been admitted regarding the physical attacks... (and) Stacy's statements most importantly, and the defendant's statements to the media showing consciousness of guilt — we don't have to prove each beyond a reasonable doubt,” Glasgow said. “But when combined...you can absolutely see that we have proven this beyond a reasonable doubt. It's solid, it's real, and it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Drew Peterson killed Kathleen Savio in cold blood. And we ask that you return a verdict of guilty. Thank you.”

Judge Edward Burmila then gave the case over the jury, who will begin deliberations Wednesday. Let's hope they put as much detail into the evidence as they did their coordinated wardrobes.
-----------------

But are they capable...or will they become the Pinellas II? 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-trial-0905-20120905,0,624247.story

Final rumble for attorneys in murder trial
9:46 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

Prosecutors presented the Drew Peterson murder case as a puzzle of circumstantial and hearsay evidence for jurors to solve with their common sense.

A defense attorney called the mysterious death at the center an accident and the case itself as "riddled with doubt like a piece of Swiss cheese."

Attorneys in the murder case made their final pitches to jurors Tuesday during more than 41/2 hours of closing arguments that referenced everything from traumatic head injury to the film "Pulp Fiction."
Prosecutors took a fairly straightforward approach in their closings, urging jurors to look at the accumulated evidence including hearsay statements from Savio's friends, family and acquaintances that she feared Peterson would kill her as well as expert testimony that her death was a murder.

Defense attorney Joseph Lopez took a more colorful, sometimes rambling approach, larding his closing argument with pop culture references as well as metaphors of pie-eating cats and water balloons and anecdotes about his 4-year-old son.

He relied heavily on a slide presentation that began with a warning to jurors. "This case is about Kathy — not Stacy," the PowerPoint slide read with yellow text on a black background. "Do not forget that."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

Wednesday, September 5, 2012, continued tweets from Stacy StClair during court sesstion today

http://twitter.com/StacyStClair

2mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge tells jury that DP did not have to prove his innocence, they can't hold it against him that he didn't testify. Standard.

4mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge reading instructions. Boilerplate stuff about the fact that they alone judge witness credibility, evidence reliability

7mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury entering courtroom. No longer coordinating clothing.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: September 05, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

10mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
Jury deliberations began at 9:35, but courtroom clock is two minutes fast so some are going with that as official time.

12mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury instructions over. Alternates being separated. Deliberations begin at 9:35

16mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge tells jury that hitman testimony can only be used to determine if DP had the intent to kill Savio
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: September 05, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-jury-to-begin-deliberations-20120905,0,6308698.story

9:53 a.m. CDT, September 5, 2012
Continual coverage of the trial of Drew Peterson for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9:50 a.m. Should alternate jurors be dismissed?
After the alternate jurors were taken to a separate jury room, Peterson attorney Steve Greenberg objected to Judge Edward Burmila's decision to hold them in reserve, saying trial rules require that alternates be dismissed once deliberations begin.

"You want me to discharge the alternate jurors, and if we need them I'm just supposed to call them up at home and tell the to come back?" Burmila said. "Are you telling me that Mr. Peterson would accept a verdict from 11 jurors?"

"That it would be a mistrial," Greenberg said.

State's Atty. James Glasgow said he believed Burmila's plan was the correct way to proceed, but the judge said he would revisit the defense request after his normal court call.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: September 05, 2012, 12:12:46 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-jury-to-begin-deliberations-20120905,0,6308698.story

9:53 a.m. CDT, September 5, 2012

9:50 a.m. Should alternate jurors be dismissed?
After the alternate jurors were taken to a separate jury room, Peterson attorney Steve Greenberg objected to Judge Edward Burmila's decision to hold them in reserve, saying trial rules require that alternates be dismissed once deliberations begin.

"You want me to discharge the alternate jurors, and if we need them I'm just supposed to call them up at home and tell the to come back?" Burmila said. "Are you telling me that Mr. Peterson would accept a verdict from 11 jurors?"

"That it would be a mistrial," Greenberg said.

State's Atty. James Glasgow said he believed Burmila's plan was the correct way to proceed, but the judge said he would revisit the defense request after his normal court call.

Do different states have different rules?  I can't remember clearly, but I thought the alternates in KC's trial were dismissed. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: September 05, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »

2mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury deliberated less than 90 minutes before question

4mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson just brought into courtroom for question.

7mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson attorneys reassembling for question. Waiting for lead DP atty Brodsky who was outside talking to TV cameras.

16mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury has sent a question to the court
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.