March 18, 2024, 11:25:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310822 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: September 06, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »

http://twitter.com/StacyStClair

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow says he has not ruled out charging DP w/ Stacy death.

#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow says he, pros. John Connor were only two people in his office who initially wanted to charge DP w/ murder

#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow will present evidence about Stacy's disappearance at sentencing to get stiffest penalty

1mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow says he has never seen the community rally around a prosecution like they did this one

2mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow says he was on phone praying with Rev. Schori, Stacy's pastor, shortly before verdict came in.

4mStacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Jim Glasgow says it's a "somber moment" and verdict "sends a message about violence against women."
 ::snipping2::
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: September 06, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

an angelic monkey  Justice for Kathleen
Here's hoping Stacey may also see justice...

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/day-peterson-jury-deliberations-17168688#.UEkRh6DBnIU
Jury Convicts Drew Peterson of 3rd Wife's Death
September 6, 2012

Drew Peterson, the swaggering former suburban Chicago police officer who generated a media storm after his much-younger fourth wife vanished in 2007, was convicted Thursday of murdering his third wife in a case based mainly on secondhand hearsay statements from the two women.

Peterson, 58, sat stoically looking straight ahead and did not react as the verdict was read. Several of his third wife's relatives gasped before hugging each other as they cried quietly in the courtroom.

Illinois has no death penalty, and Peterson now faces a maximum 60-year prison term when sentenced in Kathleen Savio's death on Nov. 26.

The trial was the first of its kind in Illinois history, with prosecutors building their case largely on hearsay thanks to a new law, dubbed "Drew's Law," tailored to Peterson's case. That hearsay, prosecutors had said, would let his third and fourth wives "speak from their graves" through family and friends to convict Peterson.
More...

2 pg article

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: September 06, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-day-2-of-jury-deliberations-20120906,0,3642366.story

3:53 p.m. CDT, September 6, 2012
After more than 13 hours of deliberations, a jury has convicted Drew Peterson of murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:55 p.m. Defense team booed
Drew Peterson's attorneys were booed as they approached microphones to speak with reporters.

"Thank you," said attorney Joseph Lopez.

Another Peterson attorney, Joel Brodsky, said "a conviction is the first step in a successful appeal."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:50 p.m. Jurors say they reached 'just'' verdict
Jurors released a statement saying "after much deliberation we have reached a decision we believe is just."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/06/drew-peterson-verdict/comment-page-14/

Drew Peterson found guilty of murdering third wife
September 6th, 2012

[Updated at 4:53 p.m. ET] Will County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Ken Kaupas came out of the courthouse to read a statement from the jury.

The jurors thanked the court, the judge, the bailiffs and the sheriff's office and said they took their responsibility seriously.

"We have reached a decision we believe is just," the jurors said according to the statement.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #805 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »

Isn't it wonderful when the silenced voice of victims finds a venue to be heard?? THANK YOU, jury, for not checking your common sense at the door!!

::justice2NJ::

Now Kathleen can rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

Praying for Justice for Stacy too.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #806 on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

I want to know how DP reacted?  I'll bet that smirk got wiped right off his face.   Monkey Devil!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: September 06, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

I want to know how DP reacted?  I'll bet that smirk got wiped right off his face.   Monkey Devil!

This is just one article, so not sure how accurate an observation/opinion it is:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-drew-peterson-found-guilty-of-murder-20120906,0,3705797.story
Peterson found guilty of murdering Savio
September 6, 2012

Peterson showed no emotion as the verdict was read. He was shackled, said "Good job" to his attorneys and was led off. Sentencing has been set for Nov. 26. Savio's family and supporters hugged and cried along with witnesses who testified for the state.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/06/13708473-ex-cop-drew-peterson-found-guilty-of-murdering-third-wife-kathleen-savio?lite
Ex-cop Drew Peterson found guilty of murdering third wife, Kathleen Savio
September 6, 2012

Updated at 4:10 p.m. ET: JOLIET, Ill. — A jury on Thursday found Drew Peterson guilty of first-degree murder in the 2004 drowning death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

There were loud gasps in the courtroom as the verdict was delivered.

Peterson, a former Chicago-area police sergeant, sat stoically and did not react, and then was cuffed and led away from the courtroom.
A seven-man, five-woman Will County jury spent about 14 hours deliberating over whether to convict Peterson on a case based solely on hearsay and circumstantial evidence. In the end, the words of Savio’s friends, family and close relations were enough to convince them of his guilt.
Throughout five weeks of testimony, jurors heard of Savio's purported conversations with family and friends about threats Peterson allegedly made against her. In one, Savio said Peterson once held her captive at knife-point in her own home. In another, she said her husband told her he could kill her and make it look like an accident. Another witness said Savio was so fearful of Peterson that she slept with a knife beneath her bed.

Jurors also heard the purported words of Stacy Peterson through the testimony of divorce attorney, Harry Smith, who spoke to her by phone just days before she vanished.

Her body has not been found and no charges have been filed in connection with her disappearance.
Judge Edward Burmila barred any mention of Stacy's disappearance during the trial and it was unclear what the jury, which was ordered to avoid media coverage of the case for nearly two years, knew about her or the fact that she's still not surfaced.

It's not immediately clear how much credence jurors gave to the forensic testimony given by a bevy of pathologists. State witnesses were adamant Savio's death was a homicide. Defense witnesses said precisely the opposite.
Whatever the sentence, it could be cut drastically shorter if appeals promised by his defense team are upheld by a higher court. The trial was threatened three times by a mistrial after prosecutorial missteps, errors Peterson's legal team will no doubt attempt to exploit.

Speaking to reporters after the trial, State's Attorney James Glasgow said that he would "aggresively review" the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and potentially pursue additional charges against Peterson.

An legal analyst on NBC Chicago said that the prosecutors would, at a minimum, likely use the fourth wife's disappearance in its argument for more jail time at Drew Peterson's sentencing hearing scheduled for Nov. 26.

Video at Link

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: September 06, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »

I just found this
Cops May Have Found Body of Drew Peterson's Wife
There may be a huge break in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife. TMZ has learned authorities believe they may know exactly where the body is buried, and then plan to dig for it tomorrow.
Edit to add date of article.  MB  6/5/2010 1:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig/#ixzz25jQkzhQM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:51:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: September 06, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »

I just found this
There may be a huge break in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife. TMZ has learned authorities believe they may know exactly where the body is buried, and then plan to dig for it tomorrow.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig/#ixzz25jQkzhQM

I wish Stacy Peterson's body could be recovered not only so her loved ones could lay her to rest, but also because there may be some evidence that could help convict DP for her murder and disappearance. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »

Isn't it wonderful when the silenced voice of victims finds a venue to be heard?? THANK YOU, jury, for not checking your common sense at the door!!

OMG OMG OMG YESSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »

I just found this

I wish Stacy Peterson's body could be recovered not only so her loved ones could lay her to rest, but also because there may be some evidence that could help convict DP for her murder and disappearance. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »

I just found this

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #814 on: September 06, 2012, 07:31:19 PM »

OMG OMG OMG YESSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will second that Nutt

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:20:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #816 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »

I just found this

What irony that would be if on the day after being convicted by the words of his missing wife, she is found. Karma train is coming you smirking azz.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #817 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »

This is just one article, so not sure how accurate an observation/opinion it is:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-drew-peterson-found-guilty-of-murder-20120906,0,3705797.story
Peterson found guilty of murdering Savio
September 6, 2012

Peterson showed no emotion as the verdict was read. He was shackled, said "Good job" to his attorneys and was led off. Sentencing has been set for Nov. 26. Savio's family and supporters hugged and cried along with witnesses who testified for the state.
Thanks muffy!

I have to say, I think the jury is a little naive to think this...
Asked about Peterson, the juror said: "He's a good father and he had good defense attorneys, but I think the decision speaks for itself." 

All they know about his parenting ability comes from what his lawyers have said and what the children, under his care and manipulation have been forced to say in court.  If they ever get the nerve to tell what really happens behind closed doors, I think we'll hear that he's treated his children the same way he treated his wives.  imo

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #818 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:59 PM »

I just found this
Edit to add date of article.  MB  6/5/2010 1:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

I was hoping that if he were convicted, anyone that knew anything might feel safe enough to tell what they know.  Please, please, please let this be her and let there be evidence to put the smoking gun in DP's hand.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #819 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinberg/14984500-452/verdict-wipes-grin-off-drew-petersons-face.html
Steinberg: Verdict wipes grin off Drew Peterson’s face
BY NEIL STEINBERG nsteinberg@suntimes.com September 6, 2012 6:54PM

And just 'cause I think its funny as heck...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.