March 18, 2024, 10:34:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 310811 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: September 07, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/09/07/3044596/drew-peterson-panelist-judge-oked.html

Friday, Sep. 07, 2012
Drew Peterson panelist: Judge OKed matching attire
The Associated Press

JOLIET, Ill. -- An alternate juror at Drew Peterson's murder trial says the presiding judge gave jurors permission for their unusual practice of coordinating clothes during testimony.
 ::snipping2::

Timke says jurors specifically asked Judge Edward Burmila beforehand if it was OK to do that because they didn't want to show disrespect. She says Burmila told them he was fine with the plan.

Timke says coordinating clothing colors helped jurors pass the time.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/09/07/3044596/drew-peterson-panelist-judge-oked.html

Friday, Sep. 07, 2012
The Associated Press

JOLIET, Ill. -- An alternate juror at Drew Peterson's murder trial says the presiding judge gave jurors permission for their unusual practice of coordinating clothes during testimony.

Timke says jurors specifically asked Judge Edward Burmila beforehand if it was OK to do that because they didn't want to show disrespect. She says Burmila told them he was fine with the plan.

It never occurred to me coordinating clothing colors was done to "pass the time".  Boredom?  I will say it did cause a ripple of comments and some head scratching.  I wonder if DP's attorneys could have made something out of it, to help free him?  As in saying it might mean something one way or another etc. etc.  These are grown men and women tasked with making decisions concerning the possible murder of a young woman and in their hands is the fate of DP.  And they are coordinating clothing colors?  Is that like, "I know, how about tomorrow we all wear navy?!"    And one more thing.  You mean to tell me someone went to the judge to ask him if it was okay if they all wore the same colors on certain days?  Geesh.  Adults or junior high mentality?  Somehow I just can't see something like this playing out in "Twelve Angry Men".  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:59:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #842 on: September 07, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

I have to question just how serious the jury was taking the case if they felt relaxed enough to plan a wardrobe.  I have a feeling, had they been sequestered, they would have been voting on movies and going to restaurants as well.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »

Friday, Sep. 07, 2012
The Associated Press

It never occurred to me coordinating clothing colors was done to "pass the time".  Boredom?  I will say it did cause a ripple of comments and some head scratching.  I wonder if DP's attorneys could have made something out of it, to help free him?  As in saying it might mean something one way or another etc. etc.  These are grown men and women tasked with making decisions concerning the possible murder of a young woman and in their hands is the fate of DP.  And they are coordinating clothing colors?  Is that like, "I know, how about tomorrow we all wear navy?!"    And one more thing.  You mean to tell me someone went to the judge to ask him if it was okay if they all wore the same colors on certain days?  Geesh.  Adults or junior high mentality?  Somehow I just can't see something like this playing out in "Twelve Angry Men".  

I don't know what to make of the coordinated clothing, but I feel like this jury showed more attention to "beyond reasonable doubt" the the KC jury.  It was almost like this trial was the exact opposite of the Pinnellas County one.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Peterson-jurors-initially-split-on-ex-cop-s-guilt-3847770.php

Peterson jurors initially split on ex-cop's guilt
Friday, September 7, 2012 | Updated: Friday, September 7, 2012 2:41pm

Several jurors spoke to reporters at a news conference in Joliet on Friday.

Juror Tersesa Mathews says seven jurors voted guilty and four not guilty as they started their deliberations Wednesday. One was undecided.

But the 49-year-old says 11 favored convicting Peterson and just one still leaned toward not guilty heading into Thursday. They returned with a unanimous guilty verdict Thursday afternoon.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: September 07, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »

Friday, Sep. 07, 2012
The Associated Press

I don't know what to make of the coordinated clothing, but I feel like this jury showed more attention to "beyond reasonable doubt" the the KC jury.  It was almost like this trial was the exact opposite of the Pinnellas County one.   

I agree with you on where I bolded, Flutter.     Coordinating clothing aside, the jury did a great job!   ::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »

I really believe that Drew is guilty..not just in Kathleen's murder but in Stacey's murder as well.

I also believe that from a behavior science point of view ..had Brodsky had the intelligence...he would have read their request and subsequent attire in dressing the same as a message..you do not need to convince just one of us he is innocent but all of us...they were making their team approach to this known.  And that is what the jury is ..a team..trying to decide the guilt or innocence of a person..although all individuals they knew early on they needed to work as a cohesive group.  Too bad that the defense just didn't see that coming..even though they were given visuals clues everyday..what fools the defense was.  And about appeals..no they will not win..the US Supreme Court upholds this type of testimony.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:07 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-defense-20120909,0,5562621.story

Conviction puts Peterson's 'dream team' on defensive
September 9, 2012

They arrived in Joliet bursting with bravado and bluster, promising an acquittal for the ages.

Five weeks later, Drew Peterson's Chicago-based defense team left town, thoroughly defeated, somewhat fractured and with their high-profile client facing up to 60 years in prison for killing his third wife.

The odds rarely favor the defense in a criminal trial, but this high-profile loss seemed to sting more.

"It's like a chopstick in the eye," said Ralph Meczyk, the most gentlemanly of Peterson's six attorneys.

Trial participants suggest that Peterson's defense — whom lead attorney Joel Brodsky repeatedly referred to as "the dream team" — fell victim to a devastating miscalculation by its leader and the former Bolingbrook police sergeant's unyielding loyalty to him.

Several jurors have placed Peterson's conviction directly at Brodsky's feet, saying the decision to call Kathleen Savio's divorce attorney, Harry Smith, tipped the scales in the prosecution's favor. Smith told jurors that Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, asked him if she could get more money in a divorce if she threatened to tell police about her husband's role in Savio's death.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #848 on: September 08, 2012, 04:04:26 AM »

I don't see when the Sentence will be read........??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: September 08, 2012, 04:42:49 AM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/06/13708473-ex-cop-drew-peterson-found-guilty-of-murdering-third-wife-kathleen-savio?lite
September 6, 2012 (edit to add article date publication-MB)

good read
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:39:31 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: September 08, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »

It is an interesting read, Nut.     And there's now over 900 comments that are interesting too!     

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05:16 AM »

I don't see when the Sentence will be read........??

Sentencing for DP will be November 26th.  The defense team will be eating crow, not turkey!

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: September 08, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »

Thank you Graceland.  I so appreciate the information you provide here and in other threads.

Finally, justice for Kathleen Savio.    ::justice2NJ::  May she rest in peace.

Hope Stacey will be found and receive justice also.

an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ:: an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: September 09, 2012, 04:20:54 AM »

TY flutter....I doubt he'll het DP, but guilty is enough for me...and he'll be an old, old man before he gets out if he doesn't die in the pokey.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: September 09, 2012, 04:27:12 AM »

TY flutter....I doubt he'll het DP, but guilty is enough for me...and he'll be an old, old man before he gets out if he doesn't die in the pokey.

Nope, no DP in Illinois.  Drew will have to  sit his term out trying to charm his cellmates.  LOL   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44:32 AM »

Nope, no DP in Illinois.  Drew will have to  sit his term out trying to charm his cellmates.  LOL   

While Drew is cooling his heels in his cell for Kathleen's murder, I hope he'll soon be occupied working on his defense if charges can be brought against him for his fourth wife Stacy's disappearance.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: September 09, 2012, 11:14:27 AM »

I wonder when Bollingbrook PD will stop his pension benefits.  Did he ever sell the Savio's house estimated to be worth $300,000?  If so, was that used to pay for Brodsky and his merry little band?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: September 09, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »

I don't remember reading anything about his selling the house.  IIRC, the defense lawyers worked pro bono.  A pension board will determine if he will keep or lose his pension benefits. 

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-07/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-pension-0908-20120908_1_pension-board-police-pension-joel-brodsky

Peterson's police pension may be challenged
Ex-officer convicted of killing 3rd wife could lose $79,000 a year in retirement benefits
September 07, 2012
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: September 09, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/prosecutor-will-decide-soon-whether-drew-peterson-faces-new-charges/

Prosecutor Will Decide Soon Whether Drew Peterson Faces New Charges
September 7, 2012 3:48 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) – The prosecutor who convicted Drew Peterson of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio, will decide in a couple of weeks whether he’ll charge Peterson in connection with the disappearance of his fourth wife.

Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow says he also plans to travel to Springfield to ask lawmakers to grant greater legal protections to women.

The prosecutor says there is undue insulation for husbands who kill their wives – legal protections that made prosecuting Peterson more difficult.
He says husband-wife privilege shouldn’t apply if a man murders his wife.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: September 09, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »

I don't remember reading anything about his selling the house.  IIRC, the defense lawyers worked pro bono.  A pension board will determine if he will keep or lose his pension benefits. 

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-07/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-pension-0908-20120908_1_pension-board-police-pension-joel-brodsky

Peterson's police pension may be challenged
Ex-officer convicted of killing 3rd wife could lose $79,000 a year in retirement benefits
September 07, 2012

Thanks, Grace-land, you have done so much to keep me, and others I'm sure, up to date on this case.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.