April 25, 2024, 02:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 312564 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-10-09/news/chi-authorities-new-attorney-for-drew-peterson-seeks-to-overturn-conviction-20121009_1_joel-brodsky-drew-peterson-kathleen-savio

Authorities: New attorney for Drew Peterson seeks to overturn conviction
October 09, 2012

::snipping2::
In the documents, Carroll accuses lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky of lying about his courtroom experience, forcing Peterson to engage in pretrial publicity and ignoring his request for a speedy trial. He also claims that Brodsky threatened to share unspecified information about Peterson if he fired him.

"Attorney Brodsky had lied to Mr. Peterson on a number of occasions, and when Mr. Peterson discovered the lies and talked about possibly discharging attorney Brodsky and retaining other counsel, attorney Brodsky indicated that in the event he was discharged, he would be ethically bound to publicly reveal some things that were discussed between him and Mr. Peterson," the motion states.

The move seemed to stun Brodsky, who denied the allegations and insisted Peterson did not hire Carroll to handle post-trial motions. Brodsky, who said he spoke with Peterson by phone Tuesday, contends that Carroll was retained solely to represent Peterson as he tries to preserve his police pension following his conviction.

"I can state unequivocally that John Paul Carroll was not authorized to file any motions," Brodsky said. "Drew is absolutely boggled as to how he could do something like this."

Court records show that Will County Judge Edward Burmila, who oversaw the trial, granted Carroll permission to meet with Peterson at the Will County Jail last month.

A spokesman for State's Attorney James Glasgow declined to comment, saying prosecutors had not yet seen the motion.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »

New Lawyer Horning in on Peterson Case

A Naperville lawyer is trying to take over Drew Peterson's case following the wife-killer's murder conviction.

By Joseph Hosey
    Email the author
    October 9, 2012

OUTSIDE CHICAGO -- A local lawyer filed court papers blaming Drew Peterson's lead attorney Joel Brodsky for blowing the Drew Peterson case.

John Paul Carroll's motion for a new trial also accuses Brodsky of lying to Peterson and pushing the convicted wife-killer into the public eye to make money.

"Attorney Brodsky assured Mr. Peterson that they would both make money from the publicity attorney Brodsky had generated about the case and that they were in this business venture together," Carroll, of Naperville, wrote in his motion for a new trial "based on the ineffective assistance of attorney Joel Brodsky."

"This was the prime motivation of attorney Brodsky, rather than being motivated to provide the best legal defense for his client," the motion says.

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/new-lawyer-horning-in-on-drew-peterson-case

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »

Now, this is funny.  DP blaming JB. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: October 11, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »

And so the drama continues... 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: October 11, 2012, 01:35:51 AM »

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-s-mother-dies

Drew Peterson's Mother Dies
10:48 pm (October 10, 2012)

Drew Peterson's mother died a month and two days after her son was convicted of murder.

Betty Morphey, 84, never attended a single day of her son's five-week murder trial. She also never visited Peterson in the three and a half years he has been locked up in the Will County jail.

Morphey suffered from severe dementia, according to a source close to the family.

Morphey was married to Peterson's father, Donald Peterson, for 38 years. When her husband died she married Albert Morphey, Donald Peterson's boss at Northern Illinois Gas Company.

One of Albert Morphey's sons, Thomas Morphey, has said he helped Peterson carry a blue barrel containing the dead body of Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, out of his house.

Thomas Morphey also said he and his family always suspected Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in March 2004.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: October 11, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »

And so the drama continues... 

Of course DP is going to blame JB.  JB should have stuffed a sock down DP's throat while he was doing all the schmoozing with the press.  DP is going to blame any and all for his actions, typical of most wife abusers.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2012, 01:22:38 AM »

http://joliet.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-feels-like-traitor-for-dumping-brodsky-says-new-lawyer

Drew Peterson Feels Like Traitor For Dumping Joel Brodsky, Says New Lawyer
October 11, 2012

Naperville attorney John Paul Carroll said he sat face-to-face with convicted wife-killer Drew Peterson in jail and tried to soothe the guilt he feels for dumping his old lawyer, Joel Brodsky.

Carroll said Peterson told him, "I feel a little bad. I feel kind of like a traitor to Mr. Brodsky because he represented me for five years."

Peterson also admitted he was "kind of concerned about (Brodsky's) future as an attorney," Carroll said.

"I said, 'Don't be concerned,'" Carroll recalled.

"I want to get you out of jail," he said he told Peterson. "That's all I want to do. Get you out of jail. If that's not all right with you, let me know now."

It looks like Peterson is going to have to let Carroll know one way or another during a Friday morning hearing to determine who is actually his lawyer and who is not.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

http://joliet.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-feels-like-traitor-for-dumping-brodsky-says-new-lawyer

October 11, 2012

Naperville attorney John Paul Carroll said he sat face-to-face with convicted wife-killer Drew Peterson in jail and tried to soothe the guilt he feels for dumping his old lawyer, Joel Brodsky.

Carroll said Peterson told him, "I feel a little bad. I feel kind of like a traitor to Mr. Brodsky because he represented me for five years."

Peterson also admitted he was "kind of concerned about (Brodsky's) future as an attorney," Carroll said.

"I want to get you out of jail," he said he told Peterson. "That's all I want to do. Get you out of jail. If that's not all right with you, let me know now."

It looks like Peterson is going to have to let Carroll know one way or another during a Friday morning hearing to determine who is actually his lawyer and who is not.

Very ironic what he feels guilty about . . . POS!

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »

October 11, 2012

Very ironic what he feels guilty about . . . POS!
  Yeah, what Sister said!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/15694038-418/no-change-in-peterson-attorneys-for-now.html

No change in Peterson attorneys for now
October 12, 2012 12:16PM
October 12, 2012 12:38PM

JOLIET — The defense team for Drew Peterson remained intact after a hearing Friday morning in Will County Circuit Court.

However, Peterson was granted more time by Judge Edward Burmila to consider claims made this week in a motion filed by two outside attorneys.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, was convicted in the slaying of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Burmila had the task of sorting out what has become a confusing mash of motions and accusations, as two lawyers each claim Peterson wants him, but not the other guy.
After Friday’s hearing, Greenberg also remained on the defense team.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12/drew-peterson-keeps-legal-team-denies-asking-new-lawyers-to-file-appeal/

Drew Peterson Keeps Legal Team, Denies Asking New Lawyers To File Appeal
October 12, 2012 2:32 PM
Updated 10/12/12 – 4:23 p.m.

JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) – The Will County judge who presided over Drew Peterson’s murder trial had to sort through some legal drama on Friday, about what attorneys would represent the former Bolingbrook police officer going forward.

WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports it appeared Peterson was going to fire lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky, but after some backroom maneuvering, Peterson instead decided to keep together the legal team from the trial that resulted in his conviction for the 2004 murder his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Brodsky denied his head was ever on the chopping block.

“There is not a chance in the world I was going to be out of this case,” he insisted.

But his body language told a different story, as he looked like a kid who had lost his puppy.
Burmila will hear Brodsky’s motion for a new trial on Dec. 19. Peterson’s sentencing, originally set for Nov. 26, was pushed back to Jan. 10, 2013.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #911 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »

So, did he get a new atty or not?  I swear Drew is worse than a middle school girl with all the drama.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: October 13, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »

Lawyer: Drew Peterson Putting Brodsky's Rep Above Own Interests

An attorney trying to take over Drew Peterson's defense said the convicted wife-killer is more concerned with his current lawyer's image than his own well-being.

By Joseph Hosey
    Email the author
    October 12, 2012

Drew Peterson is letting attorney Joel Brodsky stay on his case but may still claim the lawyer did such a bad job defending him against murder charges that he needs a new trial.

Peterson asked Judge Edward Burmila during a Friday morning hearing for more time to decide whether he will proceed on a request for a new trial based on Brodsky's ineffective counsel.

Peterson's hesitation sprang from a reluctance to tarnish Brodsky's image, said Michelle Gonzalez, an attorney who on Friday tried to file both an appearance on the case and the request for a new trial.

"He was concerned about Mr. Brodsky's reputation if this motion goes forward," Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez and Brodsky, along with attorneys Steve Greenberg, Joseph "Shark" Lopez and Lisa Lopez, all met privately with Peterson in a back room, either alone or in groups, throughout Friday morning.

Gonzalez said Peterson told her he wanted her and co-counsel John Paul Carroll to take his case, but Peterson backed out when he got in front of the judge. 

"I believe he was influenced by Mr. Brodsky," Gonzalez said. ::snipping2::

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/lawyer-drew-peterson-putting-brodsky-s-rep-above-own-interests

BBM

At least for the time being, it looks like Brodsky is still part of the defense "team."  Considering that I don't believe that DP has an altruistic bone in his body, I wonder if the rumors that JB has "something" on DP aren't true.  I am going to have to work on that fly on the wall formula again!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #913 on: October 13, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

So, did he get a new atty or not?  I swear Drew is worse than a middle school girl with all the drama.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: October 13, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »

So, did he get a new atty or not?  I swear Drew is worse than a middle school girl with all the drama.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: October 15, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »

cry me a river!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: October 17, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/17/4917868/chicago-crime-commission-to-honor.html

Chicago Crime Commission to honor Drew Peterson prosecutor
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012 - 4:08 am

CHICAGO, Oct. 17, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- The Chicago Crime Commission announced that Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow will be honored on Wednesday, November 7th at its Stars of Distinction, 2012 Awards Dinner.  Glasgow will receive the prestigious Mitchell A. Mars Prosecutorial Excellence Award for his outstanding effort in the prosecution of former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson in the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

"We are pleased to recognize the efforts of Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow by honoring him with the Chicago Crime Commission's Mitchell A. Mars Prosecutorial Excellence Award," according to J.R. Davis, President and Chairman of the Chicago Crime Commission.   "His unrelenting commitment to justice prompted the passage of legislation that will forever affect how prosecutorial procedures are carried out in Illinois," he added.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: October 17, 2012, 04:36:45 PM »

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/17/4917868/chicago-crime-commission-to-honor.html

Chicago Crime Commission to honor Drew Peterson prosecutor
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012 - 4:08 am

CHICAGO, Oct. 17, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- The Chicago Crime Commission announced that Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow will be honored on Wednesday, November 7th at its Stars of Distinction, 2012 Awards Dinner.  Glasgow will receive the prestigious Mitchell A. Mars Prosecutorial Excellence Award for his outstanding effort in the prosecution of former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson in the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

"We are pleased to recognize the efforts of Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow by honoring him with the Chicago Crime Commission's Mitchell A. Mars Prosecutorial Excellence Award," according to J.R. Davis, President and Chairman of the Chicago Crime Commission.   "His unrelenting commitment to justice prompted the passage of legislation that will forever affect how prosecutorial procedures are carried out in Illinois," he added.

jammsnana
Scared Monkey

One Day There WILL be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

« Reply #918 on: October 17, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

http://montgomery.patch.com/articles/world-s-most-litigious-man-files-in-peterson-case-says-he-s-drew-s-lover?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D221755
 'World's Most Litigious Man' Files in Peterson Case, Says He's Drew's Lover

A Pennsylvania man famous for filing bizarre lawsuits is now part of the Drew Peterson case.

By Joseph Hosey
  October 17, 2012
    12:37 pm

OUTSIDE CHICAGO -- Former federal prisoner Jonathan Lee Riches has sued Bill Belichick, George W. Bush, Steve Jobs and Perez Hilton, and now he's filed a motion in the Drew Peterson case claiming he was the convicted wife-killer's lover.

"Drew Peterson and I were in a sexual relationship in the 1990's and Drew forced me to commit identity theft to finance his sexual lifestyle," Riches wrote to the court in a "motion for the right to be heard under the victims rights act."

Riches claims he used a stolen credit card to "buy Drew Peterson a sex outfit from adam & eve of officer friendly and Drew forced me to wear it for him while we watched the 1980's police academy series and Drew used to call me hightower and Drew and I went to dance against my will in will county at the blue oyster bar and we did karaoke with tom cruise before he was a top gun pilot and Drew used to chase me in my neighborhood as the dukes of hazzard and boss hog was sold to muslims under drews direct orders."

(sic)

According to his letter to the court and his Facebook page, Riches now lives in West Chester, Penn.

The Guinness Book of World Records planned to honor Riches as the World's Most Litigious Man in 2009, according to an ABC News story. Riches responded by suing.
Edit to snip article and add date. MB

THIS is the funniest thing I have seen YET in this case!! I laughed till I cried!!!  My oh my how far we fall when we KILL OUR WIVES!!! and think we will get off!!!!!   Maybe ole drew can get this guy as his roomie!!!  Should be a good fit!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLLLL!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:25:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"Justice For Caylee will come when the roll is called UP YONDER!!!"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »

That's just crazy!!  I wonder if Drew Peterson is going to sue him in return?     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.