March 29, 2024, 04:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #131 5/15/09 - 5/20/09  (Read 197012 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2009, 04:53:56 PM »

Judge Will Allow Anthony Civil Case To Go On
Motion Granted To Allow Punitive Damages To Be Added To Original Complaint
*SNIPED*

"Now that lethal injection is back on the table we will file a motion to have this case delayed until the resolution of the criminal case,"
he said.

Anthony is at the Orange County Jail, charged with murder in her daughter's death. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive last December near the Anthony family home.

The Anthonys left without commenting directly on the civil case.

Umm...doesn't Kasen realize that even if there was a delay to get to trial it does NOT prevent depositions, discovery, etc. from going forward? 

Gonzalez's lawyers will be back in court Thursday asking the judge to order every member of the Anthony family to answer questions they've refused in earlier depositions.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19501109/detail.html
I have to say, out of all Casey's stupid attorneys, he is the one I most enjoy watching.  He is so colorfull in his actions, and he looks like a wee little leprican.  ( I bet that is why Casey picked him)

More like a pesky troll, but yea I agree.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

*SNIPED*

"Now that lethal injection is back on the table we will file a motion to have this case delayed until the resolution of the criminal case,"
he said.

Anthony is at the Orange County Jail, charged with murder in her daughter's death. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive last December near the Anthony family home.

Umm...doesn't Kasen realize that even if there was a delay to get to trial it does NOT prevent depositions, discovery, etc. from going forward? 

Gonzalez's lawyers will be back in court Thursday asking the judge to order every member of the Anthony family to answer questions they've refused in earlier depositions.

I have to say, out of all Casey's stupid attorneys, he is the one I most enjoy watching.  He is so colorfull in his actions, and he looks like a wee little leprican.  ( I bet that is why Casey picked him)

He probably gets paid half price because he can barely see over the table. He sure was flipping around like he could fly there for a minute or two up at the bench. He was jerking his jacket and stomping into the judge's chambers...I bet he stopped all that when Rodriguez and Mitnick got close up and started staring him down.   
I was upset when he didn't stand up when addressing the judge.  I should have realized, he was standing up!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

Capp,I agree.
O/T but for my own knowledge.Do you know what level Conway's spinal cord injury is?

If memory serves he had a diving accident when he was a kid.
[/quote]

I was just curious what vertebrae were involved.
Anywho,where's the documents. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »

I expect for Spindy to lash out with what she really thinks of the Cummings family.   
I would love to see that too as Ron does not seem the type who will sit by close lipped himself.   

Nope, his attorneys already did the damage in a public statement with an overwhelming majority of the population agreeing with the sentiment, anything she attempts to say in response should be evident to her by now is a) not respected b) believed c) perceived as anything other than it is to further "her cause."   I guess she didnt get the memo

Capp,I agree.
O/T but for my own knowledge.Do you know what level Conway's spinal cord injury is?

I'm not Capp, but I remember one day at the very beginning when he first was representing the Anthony. He was out front of the courthouse, and he started a news briefing, and he was coughing and he was having trouble breathing. He tried to start his statement serveral times, and they had to stop filming for a while. He acted like he was trying to get big breaths and finally he came back and finished. I wondered then if it wasn't bad enough to effect his breathing. Just what I remember.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »

Do No Evil 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »

Conway speakes after the hearing:  (Sorry if a repeat)

http://www.wesh.com/video/19503966/index.html

thanks cece

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »

POSTED: 7:36 am EDT May 19, 2009
UPDATED: 3:12 pm EDT May 19, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ruled Tuesday to allow the civil case against Casey Anthony to go on.

Casey Anthony's civil attorneys hoped to persuade Judge Jose Rodriguez to dismiss the Zenaida Gonzalez defamation lawsuit.

Video: Attorney Brad Conway Comments

Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony, claiming Anthony naming her as the nanny that kidnapped her daughter, Caylee, ruined her good name. Anthony's lawyers maintain that their client never accused Gonzalez of anything.

Instead of dismissing the case, the judge granted her attorney's motion to amend the original complaint and ask for punitive damages.

Once that new complaint is filed, Anthony's attorney, Jonathan Kasen, said he will refile his motion to have the lawsuit dismissed – or at least delayed until after Anthony's criminal trial.

"Now that lethal injection is back on the table we will file a motion to have this case delayed until the resolution of the criminal case," he said.

wouldn't you love to see cincin come walking in court with her camera...all ready to set it up!! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

He looks defeated, his words say "not a good day, not a bad day" but his body language nows his clients are screwed, blued & tattooed.   Gotta love it!     The chickens are coming home to roast roost!

Well, one big old mean mouth settin' hen is ready for the roastin', toastin', flippin' and fryin'.  NEXT!!!!!!   Monkey Devil!

Giddy Up!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »

I'm glad they're making a public statement. 

Hey AnotherMonkey. 
Me too.I would not want to be anywhere near them.All you get is trouble.

The Anthonys.. trouble makers with a capital T!!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:02 PM »

HLN Mike Galanos - going to discuss the motion hearing today now

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1330 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19500586/detail.html

Judge: Civil Case Against Casey Can Move Forward

Posted: 5:54 am EDT May 19, 2009Updated: 4:33 pm EDT May 19, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman who is suing Casey Anthony for defamation, won her court battle Tuesday in a motion hearing that started just after 10:30am.

Casey Anthony's lawyers tried Tuesday to have a defamation suit against her tossed out, but a judge ruled the civil case can move forward.

The case was filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, a woman with the same name as the nanny who Casey claimed took Caylee. Gonzalez says because of that claim her life has been ruined.

Circuit Judge Jose Rodriguez had some words of caution about Casey's refusal to answer most of the written questions Zenaida wanted her to answer.

One of Casey's attorneys, Jonathan Kasen, attended the 30-minute hearing to convince the judge to throw out the defamation case.

"They never established the individual in question, his client, and Mr. Morgan's client is that individual who was allegedly disparaged or defamed," said Kasen.

"The court as you mentioned, in January 2009, sought to have a, to split the baby if you will," he said.

"No, I was not splitting any babies," replied Judge Rodriguez.

Zenaida Gonzalez' attorneys convinced the judge to add the possibility of punitive damages to the case, arguing the damage was done when investigators questioned Zenaida after Casey's story about last seeing Caylee with a woman of the same name at the Sawgrass Apartments.

"That was the defamation to her," said Zenaida's attorney Keith Mitnik.

Casey has waffled on whether the Zenaida Gonzalez who is suing her is the one who took off with Caylee.

"Our client said, 'I don't know this lady, never heard of her, never babysat for her. I don't know what you are talking about,'" said attorney Keith Mitnik. "It's troubling that she resists answering that question. Why do you think? I don't know. I don't know whether she wants to keep her options open. I don't know."

Casey's attorney could not rule out that she could use Zenaida as a defense.

"I think that's speculative," Kasen said.

The judge is allowing Gonzalez's attorney's to seek punitive damages.

"If there are two statements that are opposite, it becomes a question of fact for the jury," said Judge Rodriguez.

George and Cindy Anthony were inside the courtroom for the hearing along with their attorney Brad Conway, but Cindy and George were not so light-hearted when they left, after things did not go Casey's way.

The motion to dismiss the civil suit wasn't discussed at length because Gonzalez's attorney's plan to amend the suit with the punitive damages.

Another hearing on dismissing the civil suit could be set for a later date.

George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony have already been deposed in the civil suit about what they know about the mysterious nanny.

"Zenaida didn't think Caylee should have been with Casey, for whatever reason. And that she was taking Caylee from her for a period of time to teach her a lesson," Lee Anthony during a deposition.

Cindy Anthony is expected in court Thursday. Gonzalez's legal team wants a judge to force her to answer questions and to pay for their costs. The attorneys want to know if Casey ever used Cindy's credit cards without permission. Cindy refused to answer that question during her first deposition

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1331 on: May 19, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

I almost choked when he said about "splitting the baby."  The judge took exception to that statement -- wonder what GA was thinking?  Yeap -- another brilliant attorney, NOT!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »

He looks defeated, his words say "not a good day, not a bad day" but his body language nows his clients are screwed, blued & tattooed.   Gotta love it!     The chickens are coming home to roast roost!

Well, one big old mean mouth settin' hen is ready for the roastin', toastin', flippin' and fryin'.  NEXT!!!!!!   Monkey Devil!

Giddy Up!

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1333 on: May 19, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »

Motion Hearing Video
http://www.wftv.com/video/19503363/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1334 on: May 19, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

O BOY   Mike Galanos is going to talk about Ron Cummings statement thru his attorneys regarding the Scamanthonys after the commercial.

Win Win Win day!   Caylee, no worries Angel...we will get justice for you sweet child & those that were not there for you & those that want to use you now for their gain will not prevail

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1335 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

HLN - After break they are going to discuss Ron not wanting any help from the ants, and the fact that Crystal was with the ants at  the vigil this weekend.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1336 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »

I almost choked when he said about "splitting the baby."  The judge took exception to that statement -- wonder what GA was thinking?  Yeap -- another brilliant attorney, NOT!

Sister, so good to see your beautiful avi gracing us today.

You are right, Kasen stuck both feet in his mouth with that one. What must he have been thinking when he said that??? Poor, poor choice of words.   

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

What a d-bag!   Seriously, though who was idiotic enough to make up that phrase, its truly disgusting & in light of this surrounding a murder child, worse yet.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1338 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »

Sister, so good to see your beautiful avi gracing us today.

You are right, Kasen stuck both feet in his mouth with that one. What must he have been thinking when he said that??? Poor, poor choice of words.   

That just came out of left field.WTH was he thinking?
I thought it was very disrespectful.That little puke isn't fit to stand in a court room.

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1339 on: May 19, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »

What a d-bag!   Seriously, though who was idiotic enough to make up that phrase, its truly disgusting & in light of this surrounding a murder child, worse yet.

It is just indicative as how far removed most of these lawyers are from the real victim in all of this. He had not a thought of Caylee's little body. Just the egos of the case, money, and protecting the murdering criminal. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.