March 28, 2024, 04:59:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #131 5/15/09 - 5/20/09  (Read 196981 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »

Thanks Klaas, I'm not familiar with the Parker case, how awful
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2009, 02:19:35 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/05/should-casey-anthony-take-the-stand/

Should Casey Anthony Take the Stand ?
May 17, 2009 by: Express
Or Should Jose Baez Mount a Mental Health Defense to Keep His Client from Exocution?
Casey Anthony’s defense has been the center of much speculation over the months since she was arrested for suspicion of the murder of her 2-year-old missing daughter, Caylee Anthony, in October. Theories of who would be called as witnesses, what could and would be used to thwart the prosecution, and what the overall stategyof defense that would be employed have been the subject of countless news stories and commentaries, blogs and articles. But the most intriguing question has always been: Will Jose Baez put Casey Anthony on the stand?

Tuesday evening, Terence Lenamon told HLN’s Nancy Grace that he and Jose Baez had clashed when discussing strategy for the defense of Casey Anthony prior to the state’s dropping of the death penalty charges and his subsequent dismissal from the defense team. Terence Lenamon, who is considered one of the best death penalty lawyers qualified to try a case in Florida, said that he and Baez disagreed over whether or not a mental-health defense should be used.

It is possibly the main reason why Terence Lenamon was not asked to return to the defense team when the state of Florida decided to pursue again the death penalty against Casey Anthony in mid-April.

According to Richard Hornsby, a defense attorney and analyst for WESH TV, this possibly means that Jose Baez wants to put Casey Anthony on the stand to testify. Hornsby maintains that once put on the stand, the defense is basically saying there is nothing wrong with her, that she knew right from wrong, that there was no mental instability or incapacitance.

Speculation is leaning toward Casey Anthony arguing that Caylee Anthony died accidentally or that she will stand on her story that the mysterious “Zanny the nanny” absconded with the child and later murdered her or caused her death, then disposed of the body near her parents’ home outside Orlando.

WESH’s Bob Kealing said it looked to be an “all or nothing” strategy.WFTV-Channel 9’s legal analyst, Bill Sheaffer, stated that with a mental-health defense, Casey Anthony would have to admit to the crime. Scheaffer believes that Terence Lenamon’s statement on Nancy Grace means that Anthony will continue to push the “Zanny the nanny” story.
But the “Zanny the nanny” story has been problematic from the beginning. Orange County Sheriff’s have yet to find a viable Zenaida Gonzalez, the supposed name of “Zanny the nanny” given authorities by Casey Anthony,

In sworn testimony, not one of her family members or friends admitted to having ever seen the babysitter referred to as “Zanny,” although they had heard her mentioned several times. And the circumstantial fact that someone absconding with a child that had somehow died, by accident or by murder, had brought the child back to within 15 houses of the grandparents’ house to rid themselves of the body, defies all common sense. It is not impossible that they might have done it, but it is a leap that most juries will not take.

The mental-health defense is used in the death penalty phase to keep the defendant from being put to death. But the mental-health defense can only be used as long as Casey Anthony does not take the stand. Once she takes the stand, the defense is telling the jury that their client is mentally competent to testify. If Jose Baez actually puts Casey Anthony on the stand, he will be hoping that the jury either buys an accidental death and fear of prosecution story or a story woven around the idea that someone, “Zanny the nanny” or someone else, took the child and later killed her.

And yet, the mental-health defense is not a true admission of guilt either. Mental-health can be argued as situational and the defense can argue that Casey Anthony was momentarily “not herself” or the victim of a psychotic episode. Given Casey Anthony’s behavior following the disappearance of Caylee Anthony – captured on video, in interviews, and in testimony — she has displayed that she is mentally capable of standing trial. Although the temporary insanity defense is an extreme hard sell to a jury and likely an unwinable defense, it does remain an option for Baez.

It is now only a matter of whether or not Jose Baez will have his client take the stand in her own defense to thwart the state’s mountain of circumstantial evidence against her. Either way, Casey Anthony will have a difficult time establishing innocence. But she does not necessarily have to establish that she is innocent of her daughters murder.Establishing reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors will no doubt be the goal.

Terence Lenamon did not say that Casey Anthony was guilty, nor did he actually directly say in his appearance on “Nancy Grace” that the prosecutors had the strongest case. But he might as well have said as far back as October that the prosecution already had enough strong evidence, albeit circumstantial, to convict Casey Anthony and that her best defense would have been one where a mental-health defense kept her from a death penalty sentencing, barring that reasonable doubt does not render an acquittal. But no one on the defense team seemed to be listening to Terence Lenamon then and they certainly aren’t listening to him now…Source  Associated Content May 16, 2009 Saul Relative 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »

Trimm, I didn't want to stack the article you just posted. I don't think that there is a snowball's chance in he77 that Baez didn't ask Lenamon to come back on the team. I think it was Lenamon's good sense that kept him away and refuse. I think he was just trying to cut Bozo a break by saying publicly that Bozo had chosen someone else. JMO

I think that Bozo and Casey both are brazen enough to put Casey on the stand and try to convince the jury that Caylee was kidnapped and murdered. Both of them can let lies slide easily off their tongue. They delude themselves to think that everyone is buying their stories. Both are so used to lying that telling the truth would be alien to them. It is obvious that the Anthonys are trying to convince everyone that someone else did it. Think of Cindy's smirk when Larry King asked her the question. Bozo is leading Casey down that path, and she is sure to follow. I think she thinks she can out think the proscecution and flutter her eyelashes at the jury and fool them all.....I think she is very mistakened. I also think if her trial is televised, there will be a lot more people than me throwing things at their TV's and puters. I am also stocking up on Puff's.....I think we are gonna need them. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »

I just can not for the life of me see how they can use the accidental death option or the mental health option. Casey was sane enough to cover up what she did for 31 days and lie, lie, lie.....about it. Most people if something accidental happened they would call 911 immediately not carry the body around in the car for days then triple bag it and throw it in the woods. If she overdosed Caylee, in my opinion that is not accidental. The duct tape tells me it was just pure rage that took Caylee's life. I don't see Casey ever admiting what she has done. She only cares about me, me, me. If her car had been stolen, that would have been the end of it and I feel sure that Cindy and George would have helped get her out of the country.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »

Thanks Klaas, I'm not familiar with the Parker case, how awful

I wasn't either NoRose. Thank you Klaas.

I was going through that area quite frequently during that time, and I would usually read the local papers, and listen to their news. I don't remember a thing about it. How many Gail Parkers are among the lost and murdered! Sad, very sad. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »

Fanny,I think you are right about Baez and Casey.
I can honestly say the only time I ever saw Casey act concerned was the day that the trunk of the car was being discussed in court.I saw fear that day....briefly.
Baez is letting her believe they can beat this.Otherwise,I don't think it would have gone on this long.They deserve each other.
I can't wait to see what lawyer they bring in to help. 
I'll be stocking up on stuff to throw at the t.v. too.Anytime I see any of them on t.v. I want to throw something. 
What I really want right now are those documents.  Monkey Devil!
Be back later.I'min the middle of a fierce Pok'emon battle with the grandson.   
I wonder how many photos Joy will manage to get in at the Vigil? 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »

Lenamon said he " withdrew ".
Now, it is up to Baez to find a qualified attorney as required by Fl laws.
That shouldn't be a difficult task. But there are two things:
a. ) Payment ... this trial will take many hours and where does the money come from ? Casey herself has no money. They have pictures of Caylee, Calyee with Casey and Casey's story told in the first person that would have a high market value. If the declare her indigent and get a public defender, they wouldn't be able to sell these for profit.

b. ) Any attorney will have to be united with the defense that Baez wants to mount.
The Zanny the Nanny story has not one thing to back it up. Not one piece of communication, ever. No one ever saw this phantom person, spoke to her or had any communication whatsoever with her. The only person who said Zanny existed also said she had a job and told the rest of the lies.

My contention is that Baez will not be driving this bus much longer. As soon as he makes the announcement as to who the attorney is, we will know what defense tactic they are going to go with.
ps Geragos said that the Peterson trial cost the parents a million. They had owned and operated a succesful business.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »

Fanny,I think you are right about Baez and Casey.
I can honestly say the only time I ever saw Casey act concerned was the day that the trunk of the car was being discussed in court.I saw fear that day....briefly.
Baez is letting her believe they can beat this.Otherwise,I don't think it would have gone on this long.They deserve each other.
I can't wait to see what lawyer they bring in to help. 
I'll be stocking up on stuff to throw at the t.v. too.Anytime I see any of them on t.v. I want to throw something. 
What I really want right now are those documents.  Monkey Devil!
Be back later.I'min the middle of a fierce Pok'emon battle with the grandson.   
I wonder how many photos Joy will manage to get in at the Vigil? 

My son and hubby have discussed making one of those chicken wire cages to go around all the TV's in the house.  A la the BLUES  BROTHERS.    They have also discussed some kind of muzzle for me. It has gotten really serious around here at times.    I melted a plastic salad spinner one day fixing a salad after a particulary bad day. I pumped that thing so hard......... oh nevermind.     We have a new one now, but I am only allowed to operate it if I am in a good mood. 

I think we are long overdue for a really good doc dump. We have worked really hard with all our e-mails......We need to be rewarded. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

an angelic monkey Night monkeys, JSM loves all you monkeys.  It is so cold and windy tonight. God Bless you all and God Bless Caylee. I am so glad that little boy was found. JSM is having a hard time tonight. 

Nite JSM and Josef. We have just come in from trying to look at the stars. It is windy and chilly here too, we all had to put on jackets. There is a bunch of clouds out since it got dark, so no stars. Our cats sat inside the sliding back door giving us that "WTF!" look. They are not used to us sitting outside at night. Sorry you are having a bad night tonight. Tomorrow will be better.  an angelic monkey
Thanks Fanny. I swear I want to become a nun and join a convent. Sorry you didn't get to look at the stars. I hope it gets warmer for you so you can send me some tomaters!

I don't think you really want to be a nun. I think you are saying that because it is Saturday night....

I can't wait for the tomaters either. If we have some on all the ones we planted, I'll send you some and we'll have mater sammiches together.  an angelic monkey
I don't know Fanny, I swear if it wasn't for Josef I would try and join a convent. I couldn't give up my baby even for the Lord    an angelic monkey

Plus I don't think I could do without my monkeys, so JSM will not join the convent. 

I just LOVE 'mater sammiches!!!! Can't plant until memorial day.  I don't get any of my own until September. Just got Topsy Turvey but this seems like a gimmick???  Casey will never know a simple thing like a home grown tomato sandwich!!

Fanny...I enjoy your posts and great sence of humor. Sometimes I can start to feel sad and think to myself...
At least I am not an Anthony....Cheers me right up!!

JSM..Love you and Josef. Still can't reach you. One day we might be on at the same time. 
  Scarlett email Klaas and see if she will send you my email address. I don't have a throw away one. Luv you too Scarlett. I like maters with italian dressing.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »

For real, JSM is going to bed now. Sleep well all monkeys. Graduation is tomorrow at the University where I go to church. So no Mass, I have to find a church to go to tomorrow. Have a great evening. Hugs JSM  an angelic monkey

JSM... www.masstimes.org

Thanks Calif, I love that website.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »

I'm not good at finding out or figuring out myspace, but is this Michelle Bart's myspace 
Yes and that is Joy as one of her friends.....dressed all half nekked.   Monkey Devil!

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

Lenamon said he " withdrew ".
Now, it is up to Baez to find a qualified attorney as required by Fl laws.
That shouldn't be a difficult task. But there are two things:
a. ) Payment ... this trial will take many hours and where does the money come from ? Casey herself has no money. They have pictures of Caylee, Calyee with Casey and Casey's story told in the first person that would have a high market value. If the declare her indigent and get a public defender, they wouldn't be able to sell these for profit.

b. ) Any attorney will have to be united with the defense that Baez wants to mount.
The Zanny the Nanny story has not one thing to back it up. Not one piece of communication, ever. No one ever saw this phantom person, spoke to her or had any communication whatsoever with her. The only person who said Zanny existed also said she had a job and told the rest of the lies.

My contention is that Baez will not be driving this bus much longer. As soon as he makes the announcement as to who the attorney is, we will know what defense tactic they are going to go with.
ps Geragos said that the Peterson trial cost the parents a million. They had owned and operated a succesful business.

I don't think Baez will be driving the bus much longer either. But if he does stay on, I have to admit that I can't wait to see what the defense is going to be, there is just no way the nanny story could even remotely work. And Fanny Mae I'm afraid to ask how you melted a salad spinner  But I could tell stories of things I've done....... 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »

I'm not good at finding out or figuring out myspace, but is this Michelle Bart's myspace 
Yes and that is Joy as one of her friends.....dressed all half nekked.   Monkey Devil!
Well, I'll have to go back and check, I some how missed that 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys. JSM just got home from Mass a while ago. It was First Holy Communion for 4 little kids. I couldn't help think how much their parents love them and their family and friends were so proud. It made me think that Caylee will never be able to have a "day" be it First Communion, first dance, first date, prom, wedding, etc. It also made me very sad that Caylee has no one that love her and are proud of her in her family. Only Monkeys cherish that poor baby.  JMO JSM

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »

Under community partners, there is a picture of Alison Arngrim who played Nellie Olsen on Little House on the Prairie, but I can't find Joy's pic, I guess I'll have to settle for Nellie   
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Hey ya everyone!

NoRose, I would not doubt that the little girl used in the "mall sighting" could be Joy's daughter - nothing would shock me.  I actually passed on that possibility, I have no idea if that was followed up on.   I did point out that Joy was at the "Meet & Greet" November 15th that Michelle Bart arranged thru KFN for the Anthonys.    Now I see that nutjob is showing a boat she used to search for Caylee - I cannot even click on her chat without getting revolted...that title of her claiming to love Caylee is just too twisted for me to tolerate.   We all care for Caylee a great deal but I'm not sure any of us can claim that we love her as we never knew her.   If we think about it symbolically we can say comfortably that we care & love the innocence of any child & stand for them but she takes it to a level that is demented - too bad she isnt focused on what is best for her own children as she remains obsessed with this case & her own mental health issues that must be making a negative impact on them.
Hmmm...Casey brazen enough to insist on being put on the stand at trial, I'd say possibly.  Bozo being stupid enough to do so, absofrigginlutely - actual chance of it happening Id say depends on the strength of evidence in the State's case against her that we may not be aware of yet.  We've already witnessed Casey's demeanor & we've heard her attempt to attack others to save herself.   Think about her statements she has already made, they will come back to bite her HARD.    She is cocky enough, think about when she made that sworn affidavit making that crack about State Prosecutor Ashton or after she was arrested upon her murder one indictment how she questioned a "leak" that the Grand Jury convened or when she made several statements against detectives, to me it exhibits a person with no remorse or accountability but one that is very calculated & attempting to get away with murder.

She has stated that LE refused to listen to her, well she lied and then lied about her lies....her statement at Universal "because I lied" will ring true no matter how hard she goes for an Oscar performance at trial.  I have no doubt that she would love to have all eyes on her as she pokes her eyes to force tears & whine all the day long to explain why she is such a pathetic victim to excuse her behavior...let's not forget the Menendez brothers, in the end they were convicted.  She thinks she is clever - she is far from it.   She thinks she is fooling people but her attitude and body language doesn't lie for her like her mouth does, I say let her assist in getting a conviction.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »

Any half way decent lawyer would know not to put a client like her on the stand, if she insists and throws a hissy fit, put her on, the prosecution will rip her to shreds. I for one would love to hear what nonsense she would spew. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

Any half way decent lawyer would know not to put a client like her on the stand, if she insists and throws a hissy fit, put her on, the prosecution will rip her to shreds. I for one would love to hear what nonsense she would spew. 

Exactly!   Nonsense being the key word     Even if she plays the victim to her mother's iron fist, bottom line - Casey knows the difference between right & wrong, she also had options like all of us have in life she could have taken that did not include killing an innocent babygirl - to me that is the bottom line.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

Under community partners, there is a picture of Alison Arngrim who played Nellie Olsen on Little House on the Prairie, but I can't find Joy's pic, I guess I'll have to settle for Nellie   
Yikes,I'm sorry NoRose,it was Jon Whynock(sang Cindy's written song at "Caylee's"vigil)myspace.....link below.Scroll down on the right where friends are and you see Joy in a red,silky....ummm....bustier?lol
Click on Joy's name and it goes to one of her myspaces.
But I figured that if Joy knows the Anthony's and knows Jon who sang for the Anthony's and is singing Caylee's song at Michelle Bart's vigils.....Joy must also know Michelle.

http://www.myspace.com/jonwhynock

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2009, 04:02:35 PM »

I'm sure Joy knows Michelle either in reality or in her own reality  I don't think she will be at the vigil she is having a birthday party for her oldest daughter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.