April 25, 2024, 06:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal immigrants and institutional racism destroying America?  (Read 2152 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 13, 2009, 05:46:55 AM »

What is compassionate depends largely from whose perspective one looks. Compassion is much different from the perspectives of a potential immigrant living in a refugee camp, legal immigrants trying to help their families come here legally, a taxpayer or parent wanting a background check to mean something, or unemployed U.S. citizens trying to feed their families.

...many others see illegal immigration as a victimless crime -- which it is not. An illegal alien commits a multitude of felonies by working, but more importantly steals from others one of the greatest blessings: living in this great country.

Am I an ideologue for simply believing it is wrong to discriminate against someone following the law in favor of those breaking the law? Should everyone have an equal opportunity to come here -- not just those willing to break the law? Is it right to punish children simply because their parents chose to obey the law while they wait for legal visas? Who speaks for these forgotten children?

...The United States effectively discriminates against Russian Jews, Ukrainians, Africans, Asians, Polynesians and many others because of our lack of resolve to enforce existing immigration law. Since the U.S. can absorb only so many immigrants and keep the melting pot, spots are limited.

According to the Pew Research Center, seven percent of the world's population is getting 81 percent of the benefit of illegal immigration.  This is the very definition of institutional racism. The fact is that 4.8 billion people have lower standards of living than the country from which the majority of illegal aliens comes.

...the U.S. has had six amnesties since 1986 and the problem has only become worse. Realistically, why would one expect a different result? More importantly, a stable, free society is based on a social contract that understands that one obeys laws that one might not like because others follow laws that they might not like.

The president doesn't seem to like contracts.  He does however seem to want to give every wealth opportunity to illegal people.

Most Utahans are tired of being called racist, uncompassionate, or unchristian for simply wanting immigration law enforced and believing that this nation is for all people of the world. SB81 is a good law that deserves respect -- not enforcing SB81 and current immigration law is what is truly inhumane and immoral.

http://**/opinion/ci_12352054

We have an orderly immigration process.  People apply and wait patiently. 

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »

" Many Latino leaders say the census is a way for Hispanic immigrants to assert their presence, as well as to assure funding for community services that many illegal immigrants use, including parks, health clinics and benefits that go to their U.S.-born children. "

'  And she said there are no guarantees that Congress won't change the law and attempt to pry into census information. She said some lawmakers have tried to do so with the tax identification numbers that many illegal immigrants use, despite former assurances that the information was private.  '

'  "If I was undocumented, I honestly don't know if I would participate," Dubester said. "It's a government that's coming after me, and I don't have any trust." '

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/census-24953-immigrants-many.html

This is the same government that doesn't seem to care about working class Americans?  Those that toil every day, watch their jobs disappear, and worry about how to feed their families?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:30:23 AM »

Other voices -

Our Government, past & present, Republican & Democrat, have allowed the invasion of 20 to 40 million criminals and uneducated peons which is the largest invasion of any Nation, at any time, by any means & in direct violation of Article IV,  Section IV of our Constitution. This refusal to abide by our Constitution or enforce our Immigration Laws should be classified as Treason of the most foul kind, & as grounds for impeachment & trials for Treason!

Not only have they allowed the invasion,  they force American tax payers to pay Billions on Billions of dollars to provide Welfare, Prison cells, Educate the invaders numerous children, and free medical care, at the same time the invading horde break numerous laws and massive document fraud,  & are destroying our schools, hospitals, communities, culture and standard of living while Robbing, Raping, Killing & Assaulting American Citizens at an rate the terrorist can only dream about.

The Citizens of this great Nation have not sacrificed with blood, sweat & tears for over 200 years & obeyed the Laws of the land, paid the taxes, and fought the wars to see Corrupt politicians turn this Nation into the US of Mexico to serve their demented goals and lust for power!
http://www.starexponent.com/cse/news/opinion/columnists/article/immigration_debate_continues_is_it_a_curse_or_an_economic_blessing/35559/

I've read estimates of perhaps 12-20 million illegal aliens in this country.  I believe the number is closer to 40-50 million.  As a comparison, the number of retired people is about 50 million.

Some feel the 50 million are a burden on Medicare and Social Security.

What is the burden of 40-50 million on our welfare, Medicaid, Social Security disability, education (primary through college loans), housing, and culture?

How long before illegal aliens number in the 100's or millions?

jmho

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.