April 25, 2024, 12:11:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Give me liberty, or give me debt..." the heist continues  (Read 1254 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 13, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »

As our descent from liberty to servitude for the benefit of the ruling class quickens, perhaps we can ascertain the crux of the problem by harkening back to the exciting final days of the 2008 presidential campaign.

Sharing the headlines with the candidates at the time was the bill to use $700 billion of the people's money to bail out corrupt, financially irresponsible banks. This bill had been defeated once in Congress because of overwhelming bipartisan opposition by millions of people who took the time to let their congressmen know how they felt.

Chief promoter of the bill, Henry Paulsen, U.S. Treasurer and former head of banking giant Goldman-Sachs, continued to twist congressional arms, and the bill quickly resurfaced, this time laden with $100 billion of extra fat to entice our more piggish representatives.

At this point, many of us naively and idealistically expected one if not both of the presidential candidates to take the side of the people. Neither Barack Obama nor John McCain did.

Instead, both candidates gave nearly identical speeches -- it would probably be more accurate to say they read scripts -- in support of the bill, which passed the second time around. I had the distinct impression that the talking points on this subject had been provided to the candidates, as well as to Congress, by someone in Paulsen's office, most likely written by someone in the Goldman-Sachs public relations department.

All supporters of this heist, including Obama and McCain, were using the same catch phrases and buzz words -- "free up the credit markets," "student loans," "auto loans," and "loans to businesses so they can meet their payrolls." In other words, it was crucial that America maintain its addiction to borrowed money.

"The borrower is servant to the lender," as it says in the book of Proverbs. The bankers and their allies in Congress seem determined to make servants of us all. Let them know that you prefer liberty.

read more here -
http://blog.mlive.com/readreact/2009/05/give_me_liberty_or_give_me_deb.html

Watch as our jobs and money continue to flow to China.  The rich get richer, global corporations get bigger, and the U.S. get poorer.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.