March 28, 2024, 07:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $25 / gallon gas - the new "Obama Energy Tax" on America?  (Read 1638 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 13, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »

I had an inspiration today.   an angelic monkey

Who will be driving a car when the price of a gallon of gas is $25 a gallon?  Anyone?  The wealthy?  Maybe all those people with 401ks & IRAs?

Why would anyone buy a new (or new used car) when the price of gas is so uncertain?  The availability of gas is so uncertain? 

The Obama 'cap & trade' or 'carbon dividend' plan for America is likely to raise prices higher and faster than OPEC?

Only crazy or rich people will be able to afford to drive.  Is that the future of America? 

The U.S. has lots of oil resources that may be exploited.  Heck, you could even station rabid environmentalists 24/7 on site to keep an eye on the drillers, oil rigs, and pipelines.    Monkey Devil!  You could even hire highly educated college graduates.

Why would anyone be motivated to buy a car today, when the future and price of gas is so uncertain under Obama?

No jobs for you America. (no gas either, unless it comes from political mouths and teleprompters)

Can anyone help me out?   an angelic monkey

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:31:57 AM »

Why does the 'cap and trade' program by any name need to produce profits?

These profits will be a government tax on consumers.  In the end, consumers always pay more.
  Somehow, I don't see the profits being targeted to reduce any pollution.

For electric utilities, if they burn coal, the coming pressure play is "cap-and-trade." It will penalize carbon emissions and subsidize non-emissions. Involved will be hundreds of billions of new costs. And this in a country that burns coal for half its kilowatts. So lots of luck to the power companies. They'll have to figure out how to still make a profit without putting huge new costs on customers and killing local jobs. And so absurdly. The benefits to climate will be minimal. Only "green" special interests will prosper.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_625029.html

No jobs for you America.  Obama will continue to ramp up the offshoring of millions of jobs to China and elsewhere.  The jobs will need to be supported by coal, so the coal we don't burn here will be burned in China.  Same with other raw materials. 

Why not a tax on raw material exports?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.