April 18, 2024, 05:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How should healthcare be rationed? Who should pay?  (Read 1437 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:36 AM »

How should healthcare be rationed?  

In private insurance, they may charge you more or decline coverage for some conditions.

Who should pay for healthcare?  Should some pay more for service because of pre-existing conditons?  Should some be refused care because they have pre-existing conditions?

I believe healthcare reform has to start with who will pay, how much, and how will rationing be determined.

I've already seen people promoting ideas that fat people, smokers, older Americans, and others should either pay more or receive less care as part of the reform.

Wasn't the pre-existing condition one of the talking points for reform?  Wasn't declining coverage an unfairness issue?  Wasn't charging some more an issue requiring reform?

Why is it that the things Obama spoke out against during his campaign, are now part of the plan? 

If it was bad when insurance companies and healthcare plans did it, does it make it ok for government to implement the same cost containment programs?

Should everyone get $X amount for healthcare?  To bad so sad when you spend it all and run out?  No more care for you?

Should we keep borrowing money from China to pay for healthcare dreams?  Dreams that departed from reality a long time ago?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »

I watch a little TV at night.  I see lots of commercials.

It is shocking to see the number of law firms advertising for victims of medical care.  Do you wear dentures?  Have you been diagnosed with copper....

Others were for things like routine tests or common drugs.  Millions must be damaged every year from our existing healthcare system.

Why should American taxpayers pay for torturing and harming the masses?  Creating new victims?  Harming the innocent pill popper or person who wears dentures?

Maybe the government should take denture adhesive off the market?  Just let the teeth fall out? 

What responsibility do patients have when they choose treatment over non-treatment?  I have to believe all care involves risks.

Should I have to pay for someone elses choices and bad decisions?

Why aren't we just saying no to lawsuits and treatment?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.