March 28, 2024, 05:05:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Etan Patz-1st Missing Child on a Milk Carton Case Re-Opened 31 Years Later Deceased/Conviction  (Read 103914 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:17 AM »

This case is one reason I see a need to use whatever means necessary to get info from perps.  Pump them full of drugs, waterboard them, what ever it takes.  Because, when you think about it, they torture their poor victims in even more horrible ways.  Then, as in this case, they spend 33 yrs torturing the family of the victim. 

Treating these monsters like delicate flowers only serves to feed their sickness.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »

This case is one reason I see a need to use whatever means necessary to get info from perps.  Pump them full of drugs, waterboard them, what ever it takes.  Because, when you think about it, they torture their poor victims in even more horrible ways.  Then, as in this case, they spend 33 yrs torturing the family of the victim. 

Treating these monsters like delicate flowers only serves to feed their sickness.

I agree.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »

::snipping2::

The FBI said late Monday morning that they had finished with their work at the site in lower Manhattan. Although chief police spokesman Paul Browne says the case remains a missing-person investigation, investigators found no obvious human remains.

The New York Times reports that an FBI statement said it had "concluded the on-site portion of the search. The street and local businesses will be reopened."

Authorities had originally said that the search has been expected to take five days. The search was authorized by a warrant issued by a State Supreme Court judge.

According to CNN, a field test on a possible bloodstain found in the basement was negative, sources said. That stain, possible strands of hair, and a piece of paper is being sent to an FBI laboratory in Virginia to be analyzed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57419016-504083/etan-patz-search-ends-investigators-say-no-obvious-sign-of-human-remains-found-in-nyc-basement/
April 23, 2012 11:58 AM

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »

Patz investigation a 33-year-long roller-coaster ride

By Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 5:42 PM EDT, Tue April 24, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/24/justice/new-york-patz-probe/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

(CNN) -- It seemed a promising development, a team of investigators tearing up a basement in hopes of answering a three-decade-old question: What happened to Etan Patz?

It was a tantalizing lead offering hope that investigators would solve the mystery -- at last -- of what happened to the 6-year-old boy who disappeared on his way to the school bus stop 33 years ago.

There have been a series of such leads over the years in the case, which changed the nation's attitudes toward children's safety and helped launch the missing children's movement.

First there was the drifter living in a drainage tunnel with pictures of boys who looked eerily similar to Etan. A rash of false leads that took investigators as far afield as Israel chasing look-alikes. Then, most recently, a cadaver dog picking up the scent of human remains in a basement near Etan's home.

Each time, the result has been the same: sometimes a few answers, often more questions, and rarely anything resembling the full truth for Etan's parents, Stan and Julie Patz.

The family has endured years of crank calls and far-fetched theories on the home telephone number they never changed in hope Etan might some day try to call.

"They exacted the biggest emotional cost, riding Stan and Julie on a steep vertical incline up the tracks, to plunge straight back down to hell every time," journalist Lisa Cohen writes in her definitive account of the case, "After Etan: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive."

Such dramatic ups and downs have long been part-and-parcel of the investigation into Etan's disappearance.

In the days and weeks after he went missing in May, 1979, police, the family and neighborhood volunteers worked tirelessly tracking down leads, according to Cohen.

In the two weeks following Etan's disappearance, police put in more than 4,000 hours on the case, interviewing some 500 people, Cohen writes in her book.

Police cruisers swarmed the neighborhood as volunteers plastered the area with 10,000 posters, according to Cohen's account.

Then came the first letdown.

The police officers who'd camped in the Patz home, answering phones and dispatching detectives to follow up on possible leads, packed up and left, the emergency phase of the response over.

In their place, they left a legal pad next to the phone and instructions to log each call. What had been a stream of calls slowed to a trickle, but kept coming, with their stories of boys matching Etan's description seen in places near and far.

None panned out.

Three years later, in 1982, the roller-coaster would start its climb again with reports that a man, Juan Antonio Ramos, had swiped a boy's book bag and tried to lure him and another boy into the drainage tunnel where he was living.

Police found photos of young boys among the man's possessions, and took them to Etan's parents to see if their son was one of them.

"Almost three years into their ordeal, the half-formed scab covering their private life and private pain was being picked off yet again to ooze fresh blood," Cohen wrote in her book. "They greeted the news with the now familiar mix of trepidation tinged with the faint hope, one that could never be discounted, that new exposure could yield new information."

The case didn't pan out, at least initially, and Ramos vanished.

Interest moved on to other reports, Cohen wrote in her book: A photo in Israel, another in Massachusetts. A cab driver who said he picked up the boy the morning of his disappearance.

Like the other leads, nothing came of them.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

God please bring closure to these parents  who have endured the ultimate suffering for the last 33 years.  Just as Mary wept for her son, Jesus, the Patz have cried rivers of tears for their lost Etan.  The answer you give them will probably not bring them their son to hold and love in their arms, but it will give them the peace of mind of performing the last loving act that one loved one can do for another.  I pray for this in the name of your son, Amen.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »

God please bring closure to these parents  who have endured the ultimate suffering for the last 33 years.  Just as Mary wept for her son, Jesus, the Patz have cried rivers of tears for their lost Etan.  The answer you give them will probably not bring them their son to hold and love in their arms, but it will give them the peace of mind of performing the last loving act that one loved one can do for another.  I pray for this in the name of your son, Amen.   an angelic monkey

Lord, hear our cry.   an angelic monkey

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20120501/upper-west-side-morningside-heights/etan-patz-is-not-alone-15-missing-child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved
Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved
May 1, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »

Twitter going crazy with multiple news agencies reporting that a person has implicated himself in Etan's death and now in custody!  Dear God let's hope this is true for his parents sake.  I hope not another fame seeker.  On a small tablet with little reception and can't get a link. Sorry! 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »

@abc7chicago says story will be on GMA!

Edit to add twitter link.  MB
https://twitter.com/#!/@abc7chicago
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:23:33 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:27 AM »

Arrest Made in the 1979 Etan Patz Missing Persons Case … Suspect in Custody

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/05/24/arrest-made-in-the-1979-etan-patz-missing-persons-case/

New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has stated that there has been an arrest made in the 1979 Etan Patz missing persons case.  After all this time, could it be true? Could there finally be answers as to what happened to Etan Patz who disappeared in 1979 as we was on his way to school. Etan Patz vanished on May 25, 1979, while walking alone to his school bus stop for the first time just two blocks from his home in New York’s SoHo home.  Could there finally be Justice for Etan?

Fox News this morning, police state that He [the suspect] has made statements implicating himself in the case.

This is just tremndous news and if this is the guy, a great shot in the arm to missing perosns cases.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »

NJ Man Being Questioned in Etan Patz Disappearance

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Etan-Patz-Disappearance-Man-Questioning-153536105.html

The NYPD is questioning a New Jersey man in connection with the disappearance of Etan Patz, the 6-year-old boy who vanished more than 30 years ago as he walked to the school bus from his SoHo home, NBC 4 New York first reported Thursday.

Police picked the man up sometime Wednesday evening and brought him to New York City for questioning, sources said.

The man is known to investigators and not anyone new in the case, law enforcement sources say. He worked and lived in Patz's neighborhood when the boy disappeared.

The man is known to investigators and worked in the area. Police are supposed to provide more details today.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »

Twitter going crazy with multiple news agencies reporting that a person has implicated himself in Etan's death and now in custody!  Dear God let's hope this is true for his parents sake.  I hope not another fame seeker.  On a small tablet with little reception and can't get a link. Sorry! 

I so hope this is it. After 33 years these parents deserve a break.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 07:54:01 AM »

Indeed......

links to follow

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/24/justice/new-york-etan-patz-twists/

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/suspect_in_etan_patz_case_has.html

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/man-claims-role-in-disappearance-of-etan-patz-police-say/

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpps/news/national/northeast/nypd-says-person-implicated-in-etan-patz-death-nt12-jgr_4184936

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18612583/suspect-in-death-of-etan-patz-in-custody-in-new-york

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nypd-person-implicated-etan-patz-death-16419283
NYPD: Person Implicated in Etan Patz Death
By COLLEEN LONG and JENNIFER PELTZ Associated Press
May 24, 2012

This undated image provided Friday, May 28, 2010 by Stanley K. Patz shows Patz's son Etan who vanished in New York on May 25, 1979. (Stanley K. Patz/AP Photo)

A law enforcement official says a man in custody who has implicated himself in the death of 6-year-old Etan Patz (AY'-tahn payts) was picked up late Wednesday in Camden, N.J., and has been tied to the case in the past.

The man was being questioned Thursday by the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which is heading the probe by the FBI and police.

A person familiar with the investigation says the man's emergence as a person of interest was not related to the search of a Manhattan basement in April.

Investigators are still trying to confirm details of the man's story.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

Officials say that the suspect in their custody, Pedro Hernandez, has implicated himself in the death of the little boy

http://abcnews.go.com/US/etan-patz-suspect-implicated-boys-death/story?id=16419936#.T746scVdDLQ

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »

I so hope this is it. After 33 years these parents deserve a break.

I agree.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

Man in custody in decades-old cold case of missing boy Etan Patz, police say
Published May 24, 2012

<snipped>

The Patz family, who has remained in the same apartment for 33 years in the hopes their son would one day return home, has not commented on the recent developments.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24/suspect-in-custody-in-decades-old-cold-case-missing-boy-etan-patz-police-say/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »

Man in custody in decades-old cold case of missing boy Etan Patz, police say
Published May 24, 2012

A New Jersey man once looked at as a possible suspect in the disappearance and death of 6-year-old Etan Patz has "implicated" himself in the decades-old case, the New York City Police commissioner said. 

Law enforcement sources told the New York Post that the man's name is Pedro Hernandez, though police have not yet released his identity. Sources said the man was previously questioned by investigators and is not a new figure in the 33-year-old cold case.

<snipped>

Local news website DNAinfo, quoting sources within the New York City Police Department, said the man told officers, "I did it." But FBI sources told Fox News that they were skeptical over the claim.

New York City police commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement Thursday that "an individual now in custody has made statements to NYPD detectives implicating himself in the disappearance and death of Etan Patz 33 years ago."

"We expect to provide further details later today," Kelly said.

The man in custody allegedly told investigators that he lured the boy with candy, stabbed him, cut up his remains and put him in plastic bags, according to the New York Post.

The man was reportedly arrested in Camden, N.J., on Wednesday and taken to New York City for questioning by the Manhattan district attorney's office. He worked and lived in the neighborhood where the boy disappeared.

<snipped>

Investigators have long focused their attention on Jose Ramos, a drifter and onetime boyfriend of Etan's baby sitter. In the early 1980s, he was arrested on theft charges, and had photos of other young, blond boys in his backpack. But there was no hard evidence linking Ramos to the crime.

Ramos, now 68, reportedly admitted trying to molest Etan on the day of his disappearance, but denied abducting him or killing him. Ramos has never been charged criminally in the Patz case and is currently serving a 20-year prison term in Pennsylvania for abusing an 8-year-old boy there. Ramos is scheduled to be released from prison in November.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24/suspect-in-custody-in-decades-old-cold-case-missing-boy-etan-patz-police-say/

_____

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »

Etan Patz case: New Jersey man claims he lured 6-year-old with candy then stabbed him to death

Former bodega worker being questioned in cold case that gripped the nation

The former SoHo bodega worker being questioned in connection with the disappearance of Etan Patz told police he lured the boy into his clutches with candy — then stabbed him to death, police sources said Thursday.

Pedro Hernandez told detectives he then stuffed the 6-year-old boy in either one bag — or possibly several bags, the sources said.

If Hernandez’s horrifying admissions are proved true, they would solve a heartbreaking mystery that has bedeviled investigators — and tortured his parents — for 33 years.

Some sleuths buy Hernandez’s story, sources said. Others fear this could be yet another frustrating dead end.

Word that Hernandez was being grilled came a day before the anniversary of Etan’s disappearance — a day detectives often get deluged with hoaxes and false leads related to the case.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, who is in London for a meeting on safeguarding the upcoming Olympics, confirmed cops were grilling a possible suspect.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/etan-patz-case-nypd-person-custody-implicates-6-year-old-disappearance-death-article-1.1083765#ixzz1vnecamKR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.