March 29, 2024, 05:19:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Etan Patz-1st Missing Child on a Milk Carton Case Re-Opened 31 Years Later Deceased/Conviction  (Read 103932 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »

Man Confesses to Strangling Etan Patz, Police Say

By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM and JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN

A man in custody in Manhattan has confessed to strangling Etan Patz, the 6-year-old boy who vanished in SoHo on his way to school in 1979, wrapping his body in a bag and putting it in a box, a law enforcement official said on Thursday.

The man, Pedro Hernandez, told investigators that he left the box at a location in Manhattan, but when he returned several days later the box was no longer there, the official said. Investigators recently took Mr. Hernandez to that localtion. A second official also said that Mr. Hernandez told the authorities he had strangled the boy and discarded his body.

Shortly after Etan’s disappearance, Mr. Hernandez, who in 1979 worked at a bodega near where the boy disappeared, moved to the Camden area, where he has many relatives, a law enforcement official said.

Investigators interviewed Mr. Hernandez for much of the day on Wednesday in the prosecutor’s office in Camden County in southern New Jersey.

Mr. Hernandez was taken into custody late Wednesday in New Jersey and was taken to the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., whose prosecutors are overseeing the inquiry by New York police detectives and agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

::snipping2::

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/man-claims-role-in-disappearance-of-etan-patz-police-say/?hp
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:31:18 AM by San » Logged
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »

So two different reports from this man...on how he killed Ethan.  I hope that he is not some sicko that is just saying that he did it and leading LE down the wrong path.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »

Starting to sound like another mentally-off, fame claimer!  I was so hoping this was an end.  Maybe so, I dunno?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »

Man questioned in disappearance of Etan Patz in 1979

By John Bacon, USA TODAY

New York police are questioning a New Jersey man in connection with the disappearance of Etan Patz, the 6-year-old boy who made national news more than 30 years ago when he vanished as he walked to a school bus.

"An individual now in custody has made statements to NYPD detectives implicating himself in the disappearance and death of Etan Patz 33 years ago. We expect to provide further details later today," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said in a statement.

Update at 10:28 a.m. ET:The New York Times, citing an unidentified law enforcement official, says the man's name is Pedro Hernandez. The Times also had posted some other details, then dropped them from their site.

STORY:  Case heated up last month

Original post: NBC 4 New York and other news outlets, citing undisclosed law enforcement sources, report that police picked the man up late Wednesday and brought him to New York City for questioning.

The station also warns that some NYPD officials are skeptical about the man's story, noting that he lived and worked in Patz's Manhattan neighborhood when the boy disappeared but had not provided details that would lead them to Patz's body.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/05/man-questioned-in-disappearance-of-etan-patz/1
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:30:07 AM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »

Starting to sound like another mentally-off, fame claimer!  I was so hoping this was an end.  Maybe so, I dunno?

I agree.  We need to hear more information about this latest arrest.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »

So two different reports from this man...on how he killed Ethan.  I hope that he is not some sicko that is just saying that he did it and leading LE down the wrong path.

I wondered the same thing.  Is this another nut case like John Mark Karr who gave a false confession in the murder case of JonBenet Ramsey?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »

labubske

It appears that this guy did not emerge from a vacuum.  According to the following article he was once a person of interested in the disappearance of this little boy.

The method of killing?  Could it have been a combination of both accounts that has spewed from the lips of this sicko?

If Pedro Hernandez has grown a conscience and what he is revealing is the truth ... the parents of Etan Patz will be afforded a measure of closure.

God must provide emotional strength as it is required because I cannot imagine how I would get through the days, months and years of not knowing what happened to child. 

Janet

+++++ 

Man in custody in decades-old cold case of missing boy Etan Patz, police say
Published May 24, 2012

A New Jersey man once looked at as a possible suspect in the disappearance and death of 6-year-old Etan Patz has "implicated" himself in the decades-old case, the New York City Police commissioner said. 

Law enforcement sources told the New York Post that the man's name is Pedro Hernandez, though police have not yet released his identity. Sources said the man was previously questioned by investigators and is not a new figure in the 33-year-old cold case.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24/suspect-in-custody-in-decades-old-cold-case-missing-boy-etan-patz-police-say/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »

labubske

It appears that this guy did not emerge from a vacuum.  According to the following article he was once a person of interested in the disappearance of this little boy.

The method of killing?  Could it have been a combination of both accounts that has spewed from the lips of this sicko?

If Pedro Hernandez has grown a conscience and what he is revealing is the truth ... the parents of Etan Patz will be afforded a measure of closure.

God must provide emotional strength as it is required because I cannot imagine how I would get through the days, months and years of not knowing what happened to child. 

Janet

+++++ 

Man in custody in decades-old cold case of missing boy Etan Patz, police say
Published May 24, 2012

A New Jersey man once looked at as a possible suspect in the disappearance and death of 6-year-old Etan Patz has "implicated" himself in the decades-old case, the New York City Police commissioner said. 

Law enforcement sources told the New York Post that the man's name is Pedro Hernandez, though police have not yet released his identity. Sources said the man was previously questioned by investigators and is not a new figure in the 33-year-old cold case.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24/suspect-in-custody-in-decades-old-cold-case-missing-boy-etan-patz-police-say/

Yes, he very well could be the killer...since he was looked at as a possible suspect early on.  It is just odd that he gave two different accounts...even down to what he placed Ethan in after he killed him.  True it could be a combination.  For the family, I pray that this is the killer and that part of the agony is over.  So sad.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:18 PM »

Man Claims He Strangled Patz and Put Body in Box, Police Say

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/nyregion/man-claims-he-strangled-etan-patz-police-say.html

A man in custody in Manhattan has confessed to strangling Etan Patz, the 6-year-old boy who vanished in SoHo on his way to school in 1979, wrapping his body in a bag and putting it in a box, a law enforcement official said on Thursday.

The man, Pedro Hernandez, told investigators that he left the box at a location in Manhattan, but when he returned several days later the box was no longer there, the official said. Investigators recently took Mr. Hernandez to that location. A second official also said that Mr. Hernandez told the authorities he had strangled the boy and discarded his body.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

I'm so sorry, it seems I duplicated an already posted article.   

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »

Man Confesses to Strangling Etan Patz, Police Say

By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM and JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN

The man, Pedro Hernandez, told investigators that he left the box at a location in Manhattan, but when he returned several days later the box was no longer there, the official said. Investigators recently took Mr. Hernandez to that localtion. A second official also said that Mr. Hernandez told the authorities he had strangled the boy and discarded his body.

Shortly after Etan’s disappearance, Mr. Hernandez, who in 1979 worked at a bodega near where the boy disappeared, moved to the Camden area, where he has many relatives, a law enforcement official said.

Investigators interviewed Mr. Hernandez for much of the day on Wednesday in the prosecutor’s office in Camden County in southern New Jersey.

Mr. Hernandez was taken into custody late Wednesday in New Jersey and was taken to the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., whose prosecutors are overseeing the inquiry by New York police detectives and agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/man-claims-role-in-disappearance-of-etan-patz-police-say/?hp

Does anybody know the time of the press conference?  Maybe there will be some clarification.

Considering there is no body to confirm the truth of Pedro Hernandez story/stories ... I hope he has submitted to a polygraph.  Etan's parents ongoing nightmare of not-knowing must come to an end.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

I wonder what might have led LE back to this guy after all these years?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »

For the sake of the parents, I really want to believe this confession.  I would feel more confidence in it if it weren't for Juan Antonio Ramos's statement that he tried to lure Etan and another boy into his lair but wasn't successful. 

Who knows, maybe both Ramos and Hernandez are lunies who get off on making confessions.  Which is worse:  Not knowing what happened to your child or a false confession that closes the case?   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »

From the New York Post

Pedro Hernandez.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/person_in_custody_in_patz_disappearance_eEcUgDAqlekvwMV0B4QMyJ

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »

abvn ‏@abvn
Every year (Etan's bday & disappearnc),Stan Patz has sent Ramos copy of his missin child poster.On the back "What did u do 2 my little boy?"

https://twitter.com/#!/abvn
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »

abvn ‏@abvn
Every year (Etan's bday & disappearnc),Stan Patz has sent Ramos copy of his missin child poster.On the back "What did u do 2 my little boy?"

https://twitter.com/#!/abvn

WOW!  And this man never fired back at Mr. Patz or responded with some kind of stop harassing me type of letter?  Geez, if I was innocent I wouldn't let this go on, kinda makes you think he kept opening the letter/flier (if he did)because he does have some type of guilty conscience?  Weirdo!  I hope this is true for the Patz family's sake!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »

Etan Patz case: New Jersey man claims he lured 6-year-old with candy then stabbed him to death

Former bodega worker being questioned in boy's 1979 disappearance
Comments (104)

By Jennifer H. Cunningham, Matthew Lysiak, Greg B. Smith, Rocco Parascandola AND Corky Siemaszko / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 6:55 AM
Updated: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 7:13 PM

This is the man "Inside Edition" has identified as Pedro Hernandez, the former SoHo bodega owner who is being questioned in the disappearance of Etan Patz.

DEVELOPING: Pedro Hernandez arrested in murder of Etan Patz; First arrest ever made in 6-year-old's 1979 disappearance

A former SoHo bodega worker now being questioned in connection with the 1979 disappearance of Etan Patz told cops he lured the boy into his clutches with candy — then strangled him, police sources said Thursday.

Pedro Hernandez claims he then stuffed the 6-year-old boy’s body in a bag, placed that in a box,
and took it to a hiding place, the sources said.

Hernandez, 51, said when he returned two days later to collect the box — it was gone, the sources said.

If Hernandez’s horrifying admissions are proved true, they would solve a heartbreaking mystery that has bedeviled investigators — and tortured Etan’s parents — for 33 years.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/etan-patz-case-nypd-person-custody-implicates-6-year-old-disappearance-death-article-1.1083765#ixzz1vpgXDtk6
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly is saying they have their man.

This guy worked as a stock clerk at the bodega.

A reporter asked if he had any children and Ray Kelly said he had one child and it's a girl.

They believed he was lured in the basement.

Mr. Hernandez made a promise of a soda to Etan and lead him down the stairs.

Suspect Pedro Hernandez to be arraigned tomorrow.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:54:22 PM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »

Ray Kelly said the detectives believe in the credibility of the statement.

He does not think the body will ever be found.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »

This guy had to be about 18 when he committed this crime.  Etan probably trusted him because he was a teen himself. Kids trust kids.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.