April 26, 2024, 03:20:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #41 5/26/09 - 6/12/09  (Read 311539 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: June 06, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

NoRose,I'll try get back to the cage in a little while.
Daughter in law had to leave work yesterday cause she could'nt get her emotions in check.Said she missed my son(don't I know about that)It will 3 years this month since he passed away.So I've got grandkids gone wild over here. 
Finally got to some time to myself late last night.I was about to come undone myself by then.
Got a phone call around 6 this morning...and it's my stepson.He had flipped his truck and totaled it.Cut his face up but he's o.k.
I just want to get through Monday and get hubby home before I pull my hair out. 
If anybody else messes with me this morning,it's on like Donkey Kong.(thanks for that Dolce)
 Monkey Devil!  BBL

Trimm, I really wasn't up when you posted this and I know it wasn't for me, but I hope you will make it through the next few days with peace and ease. It all seems to come at one time. You know that I haven't been in the best of moods the past couple of days either, but I really haven't had all the awful stuff coming at me in my personal life. I am going to try to be a little kinder to myself, and I hope you will find some time for yourself too. I feel for your daughter-in-law and your grandkids. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. I am still praying for your hubby and father, and please God, let both surgeries go smoothly with good outcomes. I will think of you all day, and all of the following days. Just know you have friends that care about you.   an angelic monkey

Shiny hiney Monkey, please be good to yourself.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1161 on: June 06, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »

Daughter in law had to leave work yesterday cause she could'nt get her emotions in check.Said she missed my son(don't I know about that)It will 3 years this month since he passed away.So I've got grandkids gone wild over here. 
Finally got to some time to myself late last night.I was about to come undone myself by then.
Got a phone call around 6 this morning...and it's my stepson.He had flipped his truck and totaled it.Cut his face up but he's o.k.
If anybody else messes with me this morning,it's on like Donkey Kong.(thanks for that Dolce)
 Monkey Devil!  BBL

Oh Trimm  my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure everything will turn out fine with your hubby. You are so lucky to have a big family, and you all get along, really you are. I hardly have anyone, and today my oldest is getting married on the beach, and frankly I'm so sick of playing family feud, if this goes without a fight between my two daughters and future son in law, it will be a miracle  I'm right along with you, anybody looks at me the wrong way today, well....  You take care, and enjoy your grandkids  an angelic monkey  Please keep us updated on your husband and father in law. Mary

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to both of you guys. I hope the day goes well for the both of you. I will keep you in my prayers. You are two of my favorite people . Trimm I am still praying all goes well with your hubby and your father-in-law. Seems like when one thing happens all hell breaks loose. I know it can get overwhelming. Just wanted you to know you are thought about. Take care! Darla

Darla, you are a good friend.  I will pray for you that you will be able to keep up your sunshiney disposition while your buddies go through the trials they are.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »

Monkey Devil!  BBL

Oh Trimm  my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure everything will turn out fine with your hubby. You are so lucky to have a big family, and you all get along, really you are. I hardly have anyone, and today my oldest is getting married on the beach, and frankly I'm so sick of playing family feud, if this goes without a fight between my two daughters and future son in law, it will be a miracle  I'm right along with you, anybody looks at me the wrong way today, well....  You take care, and enjoy your grandkids  an angelic monkey  Please keep us updated on your husband and father in law. Mary

I'm sorry you guys are going through so much stuff right now.   Love you both - and got you guys on my prayer list.

Sass, for crying out loud, leave some fur on that kitty!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »

Thanks Darla and Fannie. I will be at the wedding, even though I'm not sure what beach. Southern Cal, so it can't be too many beaches  I also know I'm paying for this, my husband set it all up, and he doesn't even know what beach  I have to be there in case of a rumble  I have no idea the rush, they've been together three years, and now let's get married quick. And no there is no grandchild on the way, which makes all this even more confusing. I give up, I will have a smile on my face, while I'm dragging myself through sand.

Most of the time No Rose that is all you can do is just put on a smile and get through it. My daughter went to the Justice of the Peace to get married and My son went away with his girlfriend for the weekend and came back married. So I was spared the cost of a big wedding. Just have a few margaritas before you go and enjoy the sand between your toes and pretend Jimmy Buffet is singing in the background. 

Wow!!!  Now I want to go.  Can we all meet at the sandy margarita Jimmy Buffet party afterward?  First pitcher is on me.  Bring a straw!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: June 06, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »

Thank-you Sassycat, hope everything is fine with your family and yourself  an angelic monkey

Thanks for asking.   Hubby's prostate cancer check went well - no cancer.   His colonoscopy is on Tuesday.
Daughter's mole will be surgically removed on Tuesday, as well.    I'll be a basket case that day.

BTW  -   your family sounds like mine.       I have two daughters that fight like cats - but they love each other dearly.     

Sassy, you have a bucketful of your own I will pray for.  Please hop in musings and let me know the good news I just know is coming your way.

I believe in miracles!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1165 on: June 06, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »

Evening Monkeys, Since today is the 65th anniversay of the Normandy invasion, I thought I could post some pictures. If it is off topic by all means delete them. JSM

This is the American Cemetary.

This is in St Mere Egliese (sp) where the guy in the movie gets hung up on the church steeple.

This is in the church where the guy was stuck on the steeple. It is stained glass window dedicated to the paras. If you look you can see there are paratroopers on each side of the stained glass.

This is that boat sinking stuff they had put in the water before the invasion. Not really sure what it is called.

And this is the German Cemetary. I had to take a picture of these tombstones because one of the kids was like only 14 years old.

So, there are a few pictures of my one day trip to Normandy with my 11 year old nephew. He is now 16 and that trip taught him what freedom is about.

God Bless the Troops that liberated France 65 years ago today.

Thanks for letting me post these, like I said if they are off topic by all means delete them. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1166 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »

Good evening Dear Monkeys.  What's up? 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »

Thanks Darla and Fannie. I will be at the wedding, even though I'm not sure what beach. Southern Cal, so it can't be too many beaches  I also know I'm paying for this, my husband set it all up, and he doesn't even know what beach  I have to be there in case of a rumble  I have no idea the rush, they've been together three years, and now let's get married quick. And no there is no grandchild on the way, which makes all this even more confusing. I give up, I will have a smile on my face, while I'm dragging myself through sand.

Most of the time No Rose that is all you can do is just put on a smile and get through it. My daughter went to the Justice of the Peace to get married and My son went away with his girlfriend for the weekend and came back married. So I was spared the cost of a big wedding. Just have a few margaritas before you go and enjoy the sand between your toes and pretend Jimmy Buffet is singing in the background. 

Sounds good to me.   I'm begging my two youngest daughters to elope.   I told them I'd give them each $5000 if they do it.   I had to plan and pay for my oldest daughter's wedding and that was enough.   

Beach wedding sounds wonderful to me.   I hope it all goes well, NoRose.
The cost of some wedding are so expensive, I guess I should just shut up. And all the work and stress that goes into planning a wedding 

NRCG  if the wedding is close to San Diego, maybe I'll swing by with a pitcher of margaritas and valium kitty!!!!!

Margaritas and pussies valium, don't mix.  You will regret it in the morning, if you live that long.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1168 on: June 06, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »

I have had so many incidents happen to me at zoos and amusement parks, that I could write a book  My favorite was when I was talking to a llama at a zoo in Albuquerque, and I guess he didn't like my voice, because he threw up on me. I will not go to zoos or amusement parks anymore.

Maybe he was choking and you saved his life.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1169 on: June 06, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

Oh gosh no rose you have had a hard time with nature. lol. I just got swarmed by hummingbirds trying to fill up their feeders. Those little buggers are working me to death. I have never had so many. Guess they are liking the flowers this year. You better take an umbrella to cover your head from seagulls.
Sassycat I will keep your family in my prayers also. Hope everything turns out ok.

All this talk about margaritas...hummmm might just make a pitcher...it is 5 o'clock somewhere....right?? You ladies have a great afternoon. I have got to find something to do.

Oooh hummingbirds, you are one lucky Monkey!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1170 on: June 06, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »

Oh gosh no rose you have had a hard time with nature. lol. I just got swarmed by hummingbirds trying to fill up their feeders. Those little buggers are working me to death. I have never had so many. Guess they are liking the flowers this year. You better take an umbrella to cover your head from seagulls.
Sassycat I will keep your family in my prayers also. Hope everything turns out ok.

All this talk about margaritas...hummmm might just make a pitcher...it is 5 o'clock somewhere....right?? You ladies have a great afternoon. I have got to find something to do.
I love feeding the birds, I feed the morning doves, and finches and sparrows, they are so fun to watch. I'm very afraid of hummingbirds, there was a hummingbird exhibit that you walked through at the zoo many years ago, the hummingbirds liked me way to much and where fluttering all around me and I started screaming, and needless to say I caused a commotion. When one flys anywhere near my head, it freaks me out 

I would not worry myself, unless a woodpecker was aiming for my head.  He would have lots to peck at.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: June 06, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »

I love feeding the birds, I feed the morning doves, and finches and sparrows, they are so fun to watch. I'm very afraid of hummingbirds, there was a hummingbird exhibit that you walked through at the zoo many years ago, the hummingbirds liked me way to much and where fluttering all around me and I started screaming, and needless to say I caused a commotion. When one flys anywhere near my head, it freaks me out 

I have a friend that is deathly afraid of pigeons.  When we go to lunch I would be talking to her and all of a sudden I go to look and she is on the other side of the street.  I turn to her and yell what the hell are you doing over there.  Then I realize that there was a pidgeon coming our way  .  She drive me nuts. 

I hope you are not in the center of the city, San.  She will be sitting on your shoulders!

Good to see you, San.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1172 on: June 06, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »

I have a friend that is deathly afraid of pigeons.  When we go to lunch I would be talking to her and all of a sudden I go to look and she is on the other side of the street.  I turn to her and yell what the hell are you doing over there.  Then I realize that there was a pidgeon coming our way  .  She drive me nuts. 
Im sorry, but hahahahaahah.

You are one to laugh, Miss Scary Mary!!!

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1173 on: June 06, 2009, 08:09:23 PM »

I have had so many incidents happen to me at zoos and amusement parks, that I could write a book  My favorite was when I was talking to a llama at a zoo in Albuquerque, and I guess he didn't like my voice, because he threw up on me. I will not go to zoos or amusement parks anymore.

Maybe he was choking and you saved his life.

Always looking on the bright side eh, Bearly??   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1174 on: June 06, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

Has anyone here heard a kid's song called "Please Don't Bring/Take Your Dinosaur To School?" I don't know the artist, but it has to be at least 20 years old. I'd love to find it, but can find nothing onlne on it!

Did they bring dinosaurs to school when you were a kid, CBB?

OMG I love Bearly's humor!

I love the way no one hesitates to give it right back to me.

How are you feeling?  Being pregnant is the best part, I think.  Everyone treats you so kindly and cares about your every need.  Stay pregnant as long as you can.     It must seem like you have been pregnant forever.  When did you first find out?    I could look back in your post but there are tons of them.  I have been meaning to catch you while you are on to say congratulations on your promotion, but I keep missing you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »

Monkey Devil!  BBL

Trimm - your plate is full to overflowing.  My heart is with you on the 3 yr anniversary of your son's death.  Very thankful your stepson is ok.  Haven't been on in a while & have only read a few posts here in the past few minutes, so not sure what is going on with your hubby, but can pray for them without knowing, God knows their needs. 
Hugs,
BG

BG!!!  BG!!!  BG!!!

Missed you like a crazy!!!

Please send a morsel our way every once in a while!

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1176 on: June 06, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »

Monkey Devil!  BBL

Trimm, I really wasn't up when you posted this and I know it wasn't for me, but I hope you will make it through the next few days with peace and ease. It all seems to come at one time. You know that I haven't been in the best of moods the past couple of days either, but I really haven't had all the awful stuff coming at me in my personal life. I am going to try to be a little kinder to myself, and I hope you will find some time for yourself too. I feel for your daughter-in-law and your grandkids. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. I am still praying for your hubby and father, and please God, let both surgeries go smoothly with good outcomes. I will think of you all day, and all of the following days. Just know you have friends that care about you.   an angelic monkey

Shiny hiney Monkey, please be good to yourself.

Thanks Bearly, I am heading to a bubble bath and candles in just a few minutes. It has been a good day.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1177 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »

Monkey Devil!  BBL

Trimm, I don't even know what to say that can begin to console you about you about your son and to help you touch your dil's sad heart.  Please know you are all in my prayers and thoughts.  My nephew is gone 4 years in September and it is no better for his parents now than the first moment.  I wish I could take your pain away as well as theirs, but I can relate to your pain as I see it in force every holiday and would-be celebration.

Love you, Trimm.  Please call if you need someone, even if you don't want to talk about it.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1178 on: June 06, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »

Hey everyone!!

MD, I have missed you!!!

Hi Monkeys!!!  I am glad to be here for the big day!!!

You know, that day each year before Red sets all the post counts back to zero.

Bearly - too funny  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!   Isn't that on June 7?  I think Red calls it ZDay or something, lol  Monkey Devil!  (Zero Day)

OK, that is very funny!  YOU do realize that you just have to put up with another 10,000 posts from me....right?       Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

It's Z Day somewhere.  3 1/2 hours here on the East Coast until that big time arrives for mytime!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Love you, Chickie!!!

(You know I mean Klaas, right?)

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Mytime, I love you too, in a big way.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1179 on: June 06, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

Boo, your avi scares me!!!

I hear that horror movie sound in the background.  Grissom's head is sitting on top of the water!!!   

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.