April 16, 2024, 07:51:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #41 5/26/09 - 6/12/09  (Read 311006 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1500 on: June 07, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »

mizjay, I see we both were on all fours with our butts for the world to see 

And we didn't even care!! All modesty gets thrown under the bus down during this birthing process!!   

I'm pretty sure if any little kids that had the misfortune of being next to us at a stoplight saw it, they're probably in therapy as we speak!    It prolly was one of those things you look at, can't turn away, but ya just can't figure out WTH it is!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1501 on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

And we didn't even care!! All modesty gets thrown under the bus down during this birthing process!!   
Yes. And if anyone on here had problems with gas after a c-section, my heart goes out to you.  My belly was so expanded with air I'm assuming from the c-section, the nurse came in and touched my stomach, and was, we are going to do something to help with this. I thought, great, she'll come back with some gas medicine and everything will be all right. She comes back rolling something with somekind of hose. I think you can imagine where the hose went, and to this day when I think about the noise and such, I just start laughing, thinking this was done to me. It was like the nurse was deflating a big ole tire. It would have been easier to just pop my stomach with a pin and deflate me that way 
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1502 on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »

Wanna start a bet on what time the babies arrive????

What a great idea! 
I say 3:15 for #1  and 3:20 for #2
What a happy day to be a Monkey
[/quote]

PS  I say the boy will come first!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: June 07, 2009, 01:25:14 PM »

we mothers should have at least 2 Mothers Days A year.  They owe us big time   
How about once a month  Monkey Devil! With all the advances, you would think someone could come up with some easier way to do this.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1504 on: June 07, 2009, 01:25:46 PM »

I was PROMISED an epidural............... PROMISED, mind you!

Soooooooooo, I waited as long as I could before leaving for the hospital. Took a shower, washed and rolled my hair, put make up on, and even made hubby stop at an all night market for a cup of ice chips. We sat in the parking lot until I just couldn't take it anymore, knowing when I went in, the pain would be gone!   Rolling Eyes

I was 6 centimeters on check in, and I asked for the epidural. It was 2:00am and I was summarily told that the Physician wouldn't be in til in the morning, and that I was restricted on pain meds because I would be getting an epidural when he arrived!!!   

I was 8 centimeters when he showed up, and he said he didn't really see the point of giving me the epidural then.........
With my help, he FOUND the point, and I finally got it! It slowed me down to a snail's pace and I ended up with 17 hours of labor!   

No, the man didn't argue too long with me over the IV.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1505 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

I'm pretty sure if any little kids that had the misfortune of being next to us at a stoplight saw it, they're probably in therapy as we speak!    It prolly was one of those things you look at, can't turn away, but ya just can't figure out WTH it is!

Monkey Devil! It's good we can laugh now, because it sure wasn't funny then 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1506 on: June 07, 2009, 01:27:27 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1507 on: June 07, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »

Yes. And if anyone on here had problems with gas after a c-section, my heart goes out to you.  My belly was so expanded with air I'm assuming from the c-section, the nurse came in and touched my stomach, and was, we are going to do something to help with this. I thought, great, she'll come back with some gas medicine and everything will be all right. She comes back rolling something with somekind of hose. I think you can imagine where the hose went, and to this day when I think about the noise and such, I just start laughing, thinking this was done to me. It was like the nurse was deflating a big ole tire. It would have been easier to just pop my stomach with a pin and deflate me that way 

You'd never get by with that today, norose! They'd get you for greenhouse effect standards! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1508 on: June 07, 2009, 01:30:57 PM »

Soooooooooo, I waited as long as I could before leaving for the hospital. Took a shower, washed and rolled my hair, put make up on, and even made hubby stop at an all night market for a cup of ice chips. We sat in the parking lot until I just couldn't take it anymore, knowing when I went in, the pain would be gone!   Rolling Eyes

I was 6 centimeters on check in, and I asked for the epidural. It was 2:00am and I was summarily told that the Physician wouldn't be in til in the morning, and that I was restricted on pain meds because I would be getting an epidural when he arrived!!!   

I was 8 centimeters when he showed up, and he said he didn't really see the point of giving me the epidural then.........
With my help, he FOUND the point, and I finally got it! It slowed me down to a snail's pace and I ended up with 17 hours of labor!   

My hat's off to you, you did your hair and put make up on, I looked like something the cat dragged home. I'm glad the doctor did the right thing, with your encouragement. They should just listen right from the start, the doctor isn't going to win, with a cranky, determined pregnant woman in labor, so they should just shut up right from the start.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1509 on: June 07, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »

Oh NRCG, LOL, you brought back a memory I thought was permanently blocked.  I had a scheduled C-section due to my baby being in the breech position with the cord wrapped twice around his neck. Now. one fear of mine as far as natural childbirth was concerned, was the dreaded enema. I can tell you that I was doing the happy dance once I found out one was not necessary for a c-section.    But as you stated, afterward, my stomach blew up so huge, I thought I was going to explode. And then came the nurse with the hose and the bucket. I guess there is just no way around that step.  But I have to say I did feel sooooo much better after the fact and the humiliation.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1510 on: June 07, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

"The happiest days are the days when babies come." said Melanie in Gone With The Wind
and I agree. I am praying for Dolce,Hubs and babies. Just remember Dolce, the stupid nurse has the Demerol.

I couldn't take the demerol.  As soon as they gave it to me it stopped contractions and I went into a very much needed sleep.  They had to turn around and remove it and give me a shot to counteract it.  I told the nurse (my SIL at the time) that I hate all of them.  I yelled "Damn you all".  My husband dared not get in the middle of that one.
I guess both of us were not on our best behavior giving birth.  Monkey Devil! The second child when her water broke when I was lying in the bed, the doctor came over and then the nurse. The water wasn't clear it was greenish, and the darn fool doctor was color blind, and the nurse had to tell him about it.  Next I remember the baby was in distress, and they told me to get up on all fours, with my bare butt mooning everyone, because my gown wasn't on right, I still don't know why, but of course I did it. I figure everything from the birth and c-section, and the embarrassing problems I had after the c-section, that nothing should ever embarrass me again.
No rose, they should have told you that your baby was pressing against the umbilical cord and would have likely died had they not put you in that position to take the pressure off. There was method to the madness but they should have told you.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1511 on: June 07, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

You'd never get by with that today, norose! They'd get you for greenhouse effect standards! 
That was the most embarrassing thing of my life, I still can't believe that happened 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1512 on: June 07, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »

My hat's off to you, you did your hair and put make up on, I looked like something the cat dragged home. I'm glad the doctor did the right thing, with your encouragement. They should just listen right from the start, the doctor isn't going to win, with a cranky, determined pregnant woman in labor, so they should just shut up right from the start.

Yeah, the make-up and hair lasted SUCH a long time!   Rolling Eyes

Remember the scene from the Exorcist of Regan's head doing a 360*?

That could have been my self portrait!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1513 on: June 07, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »

I got an email from Dolce (I'm assuming Hubby sent it) at 1:31 pm, Mom and babies are healthy. Will update yall when ghings settle down. Dolce says thanks yall for prayers.

Welcome to the World Dolce babies, I think it's Riley and Sophia? Someone check the back threads!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1514 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »

My first son was 10lbs. 4 oz, and 25 inches in length (thank the good Lord he was 10 days early is what my doctor said to me).......after 16 hours of labor, and 4 of those hours pushing, I had a Nurse Ratchet who said in her "b!tchy" voice, "looks like we'll have to do a C-section"....I told her in my bitchy voice, "no freakin' way.......about 10 minutes later I popped him out

At that time I remember wishing it had been (2) 5 pounders instead of the the one 10+ big boy

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1515 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

Dolce was pregnant,She had babies...How come no one told me?

Dolce's in labor KTF, we're here waiting for the babies to be born.

You might hang around, you'll get quite the education about childbirth; might come in handy down the road...iirc you have a daughter.  You never know, she may choose you to help her through it; and you'll have all the memories of the horror stories you heard from your lady monkey friends today!

Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: June 07, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »

Blumonkey, you're right they should have, and with all my excitement, they might have, but I sure didn't hear anything, I just did what I was told.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1517 on: June 07, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »

Damn, I got a pic but can't get it off my phone!!! I"ll keep trying monkeys! I'm trying!!!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1518 on: June 07, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

I got an email from Dolce (I'm assuming Hubby sent it) at 1:31 pm, Mom and babies are healthy. Will update yall when ghings settle down. Dolce says thanks yall for prayers.

Welcome to the World Dolce babies, I think it's Riley and Sophia? Someone check the back threads!

Are they healthy inside or out?? Have they been born???
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1519 on: June 07, 2009, 01:37:27 PM »

Yes, Riley and Sophia 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.