April 23, 2024, 05:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #41 5/26/09 - 6/12/09  (Read 311307 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #640 on: May 31, 2009, 01:36:43 AM »

Mary Mary is she on the phone with her do you think? Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

She has a very hectic schedule, what with barking in phones and doing fill in posts.   Monkey Devil!

an angelic monkey
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #641 on: May 31, 2009, 01:42:33 AM »

Saw this posted elsewhere.  I had forgotten what a great song it is:  an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGbnua2kSa8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xGbnua2kSa8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>

Awesome song Klaas - thank you!!   an angelic monkey

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2009, 01:53:31 AM »

Just wanted to stop by and tell everybody that My daughter just got a new member added to our family, after cupcake died we were sad but we finally went and bought a little tiny puppy, his name is Kirby and he is half miniature Dashhound and half chawauwa, he doesnt even weigh a pound and he is a handful, havent taken pictures yet, but when I do I will get my daughter to help post them!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #643 on: May 31, 2009, 01:58:18 AM »

Saw this posted elsewhere.  I had forgotten what a great song it is:  an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGbnua2kSa8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xGbnua2kSa8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>
Thanks Klass, wonderful song. Loved the video.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #644 on: May 31, 2009, 02:00:40 AM »

Just wanted to stop by and tell everybody that My daughter just got a new member added to our family, after cupcake died we were sad but we finally went and bought a little tiny puppy, his name is Kirby and he is half miniature Dashhound and half chawauwa, he doesnt even weigh a pound and he is a handful, havent taken pictures yet, but when I do I will get my daughter to help post them!
HH he sounds so cute!!!!!!! Looking foeward to seeing his pic.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2009, 02:27:58 AM »

He is very cute and very messy...lol but we are already in Love with him.......he is going to a doggy birthday party tomorrow and we will take pictures there and I will put some up for everyone to see...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »

He is very cute and very messy...lol but we are already in Love with him.......he is going to a doggy birthday party tomorrow and we will take pictures there and I will put some up for everyone to see...

Hey HH, I haven't talked to you in eons!! The new baby sounds precious!! Just remember it takes little dogs longer to be potty trained. Their bladders are smaller. Kirby what a great name!! Did you ever hook up with The Man for your daughter's singing??

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: May 31, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »

Monkeys!!! This is a very important anniversary that we just missed but still deserves mentioning... it is about a monkey, after all.

SPACE MONKEY PICTURES: 50-Year Anniversary

A squirrel monkey named Baker and a rhesus monkey named Able launched aboard a Jupiter AM-18 rocket on May 28, 1959—50 years ago this week.The pair returned to Earth alive after a 15-minute flight, becoming the first primates to survive a trip into space. Miss Baker, as she came to be known, spent the latter part of her life at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. She died of kidney failure in 1984 at the ripe old age of 27.

Ten years earlier a rhesus monkey named Albert II had become the first living monkey in space, but he died on impact when he returned to Earth.

LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE AMAZING MONKEYS AND OUR EARLY SPACE PROGRAM HERE.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: May 31, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

Bearly,

Saw you come and go.  Please come back wanna know how you are doing??? 

I am so sorry, MM, I signed in, then crashed and burned!!!

I missed my sweet monkey faces this weekend.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: May 31, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »

Yesterday afternoon we had a big hail storm here that came up quite unexpectedly. Posters on the Caylee thread have heard about my escapades of gardening in the past couple of weeks. We have finally gotten it planted and everything was fine till yesterday. When the hail started it came very fast and large. We all ran to the back sliding doors and foolish me open the door and was yelling "God! Stop!! Please!!!" About that time a really big piece popped thought the door and bopped me right in the eye. Today I have a big shiner.   

The cloud looked so unusual that after it was moving northwestward my son went out and took pictures. There was a wall cloud that was turning under the Thunderhead, and the tops were just growing and expanding so fast you could see it. A full size airliner past between us and the cloud in one picture, and it just shows to be a very small dot about halfway up the white part of the cloud. It appeared to be about 30,000 ft or more, and the cloud still towered and grew above it. It got so high that it was forming a carona over the top of the cloud. This is just one shot that was stitched together to show the whole thing, not the airliner or carona. This storm put down a tornado northwest of us in Wilmington, probably about the time we were taking the pictures. We must have been right at the point of it forming. We were very lucky that all we have as far as damage is my black eye. I know this is old hat for all you westerners and probably of no interest. But I was amazed by the bright blue sky and the beauty and horror all at the same time.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: May 31, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »

Beautiful picture fanny!!  Do you look like this???   

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #651 on: May 31, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »

Yesterday afternoon we had a big hail storm here that came up quite unexpectedly. Posters on the Caylee thread have heard about my escapades of gardening in the past couple of weeks. We have finally gotten it planted and everything was fine till yesterday. When the hail started it came very fast and large. We all ran to the back sliding doors and foolish me open the door and was yelling "God! Stop!! Please!!!" About that time a really big piece popped thought the door and bopped me right in the eye. Today I have a big shiner.   

The cloud looked so unusual that after it was moving northwestward my son went out and took pictures. There was a wall cloud that was turning under the Thunderhead, and the tops were just growing and expanding so fast you could see it. A full size airliner past between us and the cloud in one picture, and it just shows to be a very small dot about halfway up the white part of the cloud. It appeared to be about 30,000 ft or more, and the cloud still towered and grew above it. It got so high that it was forming a carona over the top of the cloud. This is just one shot that was stitched together to show the whole thing, not the airliner or carona. This storm put down a tornado northwest of us in Wilmington, probably about the time we were taking the pictures. We must have been right at the point of it forming. We were very lucky that all we have as far as damage is my black eye. I know this is old hat for all you westerners and probably of no interest. But I was amazed by the bright blue sky and the beauty and horror all at the same time.

WOW!!  Fanny I am glad that you walked away with nothing more than a black eye.  (Althought it would have been better to walk away with 2 regular eyes).  Nature is amazing, I think what is most amazing about it though is that it is untamable.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #652 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

WOW Fannie Mae truly amazing picture. Sorry about your eye. I can relate to your amazement with contrast between the beauty and horror of the damage these things bring. Mother Nature is really amazing. Stay safe

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: May 31, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »

Thanks for all the reponses about the storm cloud.. I would like to make one correction, it was moving northeastward..not northwestward. Although I have seen much more vicious and ugly storms before, this one was almost beautiful. That is, what I could see with my one good eye. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »

Beautiful picture fanny!!  Do you look like this???   

I have been known to go on a rant or two and it may actually have looked like that!!!  Monkey Devil!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: May 31, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

INTRODUCING THOR FANNY!!! GODDESS OF THUNDER!!!!

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2009, 06:19:29 PM »

Ahhhh Thor Fanny!! You are certainly one to be reckoned with!  Can you roll over to the Florida Court House the next time the Ants show up??? 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »

How cute, my older daughter has a pup with the same mix, his name is Blazer.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #659 on: May 31, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »

Thor Fanny     That was a great pic your son took, the sky was such a beautiful blue. Do not go out your house during a hail storm again.  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.